Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Pays well but work for every penny
Communications Specialist V (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 19, 2017
Ferguson associates take pride in the community, both within and outside the business. They pay well, depending on your role. However, depending on your role, you may have some work/life challenges.
Pros
Community
Great Company/Degree does not matter
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 17, 2017
I enjoy working with my co-workers, and I enjoy the work I do. I have noticed that obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Accounting has done nothing to advance my career in the accounting department of this company.
Pros
Great additional benefits
Cons
Low pay for education.
Sucked
Inside Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCOctober 16, 2017
poor pay bad management !! Mnager was looking for way out and was transfered to Florida !! Money was tight and stress was high as numbers for branch was down !!
Pros
steady hours
Cons
low pay
A good company to work for
Delivery Driver and Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 15, 2017
Offer 401K, health, dental life insurances.. Treat employees fair. Work environment is decent. Supervisors well trained and do listen to their employees.
Not for everyone, Great for some
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2017
Great pay and benefits, many opportunities to relocate if desired. Depending on the role you have and your location it can be slow or so fast you can barely keep up. Will take over your life if you let it and can seriously distort work/life balance.
Pros
Opportunity and Pay
Cons
Workload, depending on role you may have to work 50-70 hours a week
Good place to start up
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2017
The environment is friendly, the team helpful, and customers very well informed of what they wanted. Top management can definitively use improvement. Very rude!
Fair
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 12, 2017
Working here was fair.
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment under pressure while still getting the job finished.
Management was okay they were able to provide a decent schedule.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Fast paced growing company
Dispatcher 2 (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 11, 2017
Company has much to offer, there is much room to learn and become successful. Management has very strict policies and conforms to keep a highly safe environment.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
does not have great medical benefits
An Okay job with Okay pay and terrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2017
First off the most important thing to know about this job is there is not set time for anything. They make you come in early sometimes , Go to lunch at anytime that they want you to and you’re never getting off at the same time you were the day before. Contrary to anything they mention during your interview overtime is mandatory. Period. Day shift is 8:00 to finish, you pick orders all shift, The amount of orders dropped is absurd and they dont cut orders off till 5 which is the “supposed” time they are supposed to get off. Makes sense right? Some days they did not get off till 10:00 at night. Night shift is 1:00 till finish, you pull half your shift then load an oversized quantity of products onto trucks that managrment know won’t fit so it consumes time to try and make it fit. Also they make the shift under staffed and expect you to load a whole floor worth of orders in 2-1/2 to 3 hours with three people. Some nights they didn’t get off till 4:00 in the morning. Management is incompetent and regardless of them trying to sound like they’re helping you with any issues you might have pulling or loading they just want to get on your case in every little way. They do the bare minimum of training and expect for you to pretty much know everything after about a week and a half. They send you off to find something in some locations of the warehouse or outside in the pipe yard and if you have trouble finding it they tell you it shouldn’t have took that long to find it. Also don’t expect any type of schedule compensation for anything you want to do outside of work, This includes school,  more... another job or just a life in general. They even go as far as to try and make everyone in shipping come in on there day off and clean. Overall the pay is okay and if you like tons of overtime during the spring/ summer time this job is right up your alley. Just don’t expect it to be laid back at all or to have any knowledge of what time you go to lunch/ get off. The Pay is 13 an hour for inside shipping and 14 an hour for outside pipe yard. My recommendation is if you come to Ferguson AVOID SHIPPING AT ALL COSTS. Go literally anywhere but shipping.  less
Pros
Okay Pay, Lots of overtime if you like it
Cons
Worst Management in Baltimore, Get off at anytime, Very Stressful
Great company
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2017
Ferguson is a diverse distributor with over 24,000 associates across the United States. It offers many competitive benefits, advancement opportunities, and a friendly atmosphere no matter what branch you visit.
Very negative atmosphere bad managment false promises
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasaic njOctober 4, 2017
I worked in the Passaic branch for 4 years they promised me advancement it was all lies the manager there is the worst manager I ever had he plays favorites when I left they would not give me the vacation they owed me they kept 3 weeks pay that was mine stay away worst company I ever worked for
Great benefits
Ship dock Floater (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAOctober 4, 2017
Higher management were god awful. A great job and opportunity if you do not plan to move up in the company. The job can be a lot with manual labor and they work you for overtime when it is not needed.
n/a
Accounts Payable Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 2, 2017
I would not like to give a review at this time. I also don't that this should be a requirement on INDEED. People should always have the freedom to choose.
Learned Purchasing
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 29, 2017
Plenty of room for advancement if the skills and mindset were positive and consistent. Manager that were willing to train the employees and continue to update the training as needed when new procedures came into effect.
Pros
Wonderful Supervisers
Cons
It was only a Temp Job
Productive and the work team was amazing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALSeptember 28, 2017
I started off as a temporary hire, and eventually became full time. I eventually became an order puller, second shift shipping dock lead, and the second shift shipping office clerk.
Very Good Company to work for
Customer Service Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 28, 2017
Very good Company to work for, Awesome Benefits and very nice Staff
they are always caring for the associates. They always found a way to make the day fun
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Set shifts
Great Corporation
IT Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 27, 2017
Enjoyed my time working there and other staff. Had many opportunities as a female employee to work up the ladder. Treated with respect and loyalty. Helped my career path.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Stress
Minimal supervision and always busy. Loved maintaining the Showroom and learning about products.
Showroom Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2017
Handled alot of responsibilities as well as helping Designers, Contractors, Vendors, Builders and of course customers. Favorite was I was the first face for our branch saw by in coming clients and I became familiar and first name basis with alot. And I worked in my own space and area.
Pros
Benefits for my children and myself
Cons
Yearly raises far and few, lack of interaction between myself and management making me feel less than, no room for improvement in the company, not many positions to climb to, overworked and slightly underpaid, very gossipy amongst employees, company expense card used alot on managers personal enjoyment, all younger managers
Ferguson
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 26, 2017
It is a great workplace culture with a lot of opportunities to advance within in the company. Personable and approachable management. Highly recommended.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CASeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed working in the warehouse where I learned a lot of skills.
Gained experience in shipping, receiving, loading and unloading stock, picking, packing, processing orders and sometimes delivery to customers. Worked well with others and customers as well. Wished to return to warehouse work environment as I preferred the warehouse more. Very much enjoyed working for this company, but was unable to return to the warehouse as positions were already filled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.