Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ferguson can be a great place to work
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 18, 2016
I have been with Ferguson for over 7 years now and have enjoyed my time with them. I have built a great rapport with my fellow co-workers as well as our customers and vendors. I've grown with my department and learned so much over the years. Unfortunately I have hit the celing so to speak and can't climb any higher at this time.
Pros
Excellent benefits and flex time
Cons
Too many restrictions on vacation and personal time, no advancement opportunities once you hit a certain level.
Productive and a great place to work
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of completing daily duties to maintain inventory and indirect material for customer. I placed orders for our customer and sourced out different vendors. Received and shipped material. I learned how to maintain a crib and make sure I take care of my customer daily needs as a sourcing vendor and material handler. The management is great but they have some authority figures who miss use their authority. I loved working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was watching my supervisor take my credit for my hard work every day. I enjoyed working with the customers and support staff.
Pros
Your able to advance your career
Cons
They have some authority figures who miss use their authority
good people poor communication
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHOctober 5, 2016
I worked for this company for almost two and a half years. Ferguson's benefits are good for those that are willing to give a little more, such as their incentive program. The people are the best part of the company from highest management to the part time help. The only major problem with Ferguson is their management to personnel communication, and their constant policy changes. Some of the management has a habit of quick fixes instead of finding the source and eliminating it.
Ferguson Celina is still a young DC. I believe when they get all their bugs worked out, they will be one of the best companies around to work for.
Costumer oriented and Quality Fun to Boot.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Most of my days are filled with smiles and laughter for whats to come. My job consisted of answering the phone and aiding one of our senior citizens in filling or refilling their medication prescription. Learned the process of answering the phone to closing the call. Also learned to be patient and to listen first. When i needed help my next door neighbor would always be eager to help out. The hardest part of my job would be nothing. And the best part of my job was making the day of one of our dear seniors.
Pros
Taco bar.
Cons
Long lines at taco bar.
Zero Work Life Balance
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  ViriginaOctober 20, 2016
There is zero work life balance at Ferguson Ent. Employees are required to work 10 hours. However, most times employees work many more hours overtime. I get to the office at 8am and leave at 8pm. Not only do I work during the week, but working Saturdays are required. The only benefit to working long hours is the overtime.
Pros
benefits, compensation
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Horrible place to work!
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYSeptember 22, 2016
I would not recommend this job to an enemy. This place is so horrible. 2nd shift, the worst! The management is the largest issue. So if you want to have snobs for bosses with their fake smiles, because they don't have to do anything but run their mouths with non helpful words, then work for Ferguson. Good luck!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING, you will be without a job soon enough
Kind co-workers! Great company!
Showroom Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 17, 2016
Lots of friends and family members work here.
Great company. take care of their employees as well as their customers. Excellent training you can accomplish yourself. Brand new showrooms opening up all over the country. Received a hand written birthday card from district manager. Open on Saturday's but only 4 hours. Saturday schedule rotates between team members. Friendly customers. Beautiful showroom.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Saturday Hours
Unorthodox management but benefits are nice and co-workers are cool.
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHAugust 16, 2016
Ferguson, for being a new warehouse, isn't a terrible place if you can handle the back pain. The product placement is unorthodox and needs to looked at or try other employees ideas. This unorthodox placement causes much back pain on the hard working people. The workers try to keep a positive morale. Everyday is new challenge since every pallet is its own unique set up.
very poor
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  port charlotteNovember 9, 2016
my experience as a qualified driver was very poor . this company does not take care of the vehicles or thier drivers!.management is very out of touch with what is required of a cdl driver in todays world! highly dont reccomend this job to experienced drivers at all after talking with corporate found even that level of mgt to be non responsive
Innovativeand creative company within the construction industry
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 7, 2016
Ferguson continues to add resources and solutions to the contractor customer base allowing the company to advance itself further away from it's competitors. Culturally Ferguson is founded on hard work and a competitive atmosphere which is present today throughout the organization. Work days can be very fast paced, which is rewarding to managers that hone their skills and resource utilization.
Pros
Personal relationships with customers and vendors
Cons
Plateaued compensation

Want to know more about Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.?

Ask a question
Office with a view
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Typical day was in early load and leave. I learned to take the bumps as they come no day was without a problem you just keep moving. I drove a truck by myself all the time so the people i do remember working with made you your best. The hardest part of job is finding some of the locations we go to. the most enjoyable was being on the road.
Productive work place and they had a pool table and ping pong table and a television in the break room
Packer (Former Employee) –  Frostproof, FLNovember 18, 2016
When you clocked in, you did your stretches and had a little overview of what the day looked like and then you went to work. I liked it because you were always busy so the day went by very fast.
Pros
lunches for employees
Cons
lunches were not long enough
Fun place to work, Hard to get hired on as Full employee
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 30, 2016
It was fun and enjoyably but difficult to get hired on, they hired alot of employees for summer but did not keep an, management is better than other places but employees are very nice and very welcoming willing to help and teach.
Cons
Hard to get hired on, start as Seasonal then laid off after summer is over.
A company with many problems
Contract Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 6, 2016
No room for advancement, upper management only cares about bottom line and not for the welfare of their employees. Favoritism is a problem there. They are unwilling to provide employees with the tools necessary to succeed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management doesn't care about employees
Great environment, with energetic and passionate co-workers and management
Sales/Counter Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2016
While the environment was great, the hours and pay were not. Largely a commission-based job, I was at the facility for 10-12 hours a day, with little to show for it at the end of each month.
Pros
Great facility, fun environment
Cons
Low pay, long hours
ferguson mira loma
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 2, 2016
this place is a joke, they say they promote from with in the company so you work hard and get no were manager brings in family members neighbors with absolutely no experience and they get all the good jobs. its impossible to move up! this place is a slave ship work work and nothing else. this place needs all new management who actually have education and training in this line of work.
Pros
nothing!
Cons
you will eventually end up suing the place!
Ferguson
Showroom Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 9, 2016
Loved Ferguson Ent! Showroom Coordinator. Interacted with customers when needed to help the reps. This position was under a staffing agency. Unfortunately, this was the time when the economy went down hill. A lot of jobs around the U.S. began to be eliminated, including mine.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Position eliminated
Management sucks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 10, 2016
Zero tolerance for mistakes ,manager would even acknowledge I was even in the room, I was fired for miner mistake, benefit were good, equipment was old and run down. Company boasts about billions in revenue. This was a big mistake. No over time
Pros
Management stinks
Cons
Insurance good
Fast paced , long hours some days but the people were great
Showroom Consultant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 31, 2016
Fast paced environment. Really enjoyed my co-workers
Advancement was a little slow but available if you were to relocate
Earning potential was there for the people who worked hard and
were organized
Pros
Earning potential, people
Cons
Hours, advancement
Hectic
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 16, 2016
The work wasn't bad or the problem either were my co-workers. The way things were handled by management and the way they ran their operation was very unorganized at best. They treated their workers very poorly and could never figure out how things should be done. The lack of communication between departments was hard to deal with because it created a lot of confusion and prevented a efficient work flow. My coworkers were hard working and great people to be around, I just wish management had a better way of running things

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location