Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Teamwork environment, productive and busy, great associates
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCSeptember 24, 2017
enjoyed working in the warehouse where I learned a lot of skills. Learned about warehouse environment and being part of a team. Worked well with others and customers as well. Gained experience in shipping, receiving, loading and unloading stock, picking, packing, processing orders and sometimes delivery to customers. After 4 1/2 years with this company was promoted to sales department. Wished to return to warehouse work environment as I preferred the warehouse more. Very much enjoyed working for this company, but was unable to return to the warehouse as positions were already filled.
Pros
Enjoyed team members, working in fast paced job.
Cons
Unable to return to warehouse work.
Hours blow, but it pays OK.
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXSeptember 21, 2017
If you like working 50+ hours, then go for second shift. If you want a life, try for first or third. The overtime is nice, I gotta say.

Still not sure why they keep pallets so scarce when putting stuff on them is literally our job.
Productive but demanding
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 19, 2017
Nice people to work with, can get stressful and demanding. You have to work extra hours just to make your salary. Free lunch on Thursdays and you get to travel to work site sometimes and to new product conventions.
Pros
Building Accounts
Cons
Takes a while to build accounts, and base pay is low
Average
Quote Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 17, 2017
Need better training for employees so that they can be successful. System is broken and no one wants to help get it fixed. You pretty much learn as you go.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management needs to be aware that in order for them to succeed, they to help they're people be successful and help in every way they can and not put them down
Solid company
Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 15, 2017
50 hour work week, so not for those who value health or family. They do provide limited healthcare benefits. There are other modest corporate perks. People state they are family oriented.
Pros
Provided healthcare
Cons
Demanded 50 hour weeks when work could be done more efficiently and allow for homelife
to learn from a leader
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2017
my ratings where not the best however it was a great company to cut my teeth to say... it taught me to have goals & you can do more than you think. The management team was difficult at times and ideals would clash. however the culture was second to none and everyone knew their job and we work as a team to achieve..
Pros
culture
Cons
many hours
Just a Temp
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
The job was supposed to be temp to hire within 3 months. It has been a year and I am still a temp. I love my job. I love Ferguson. Wonderful people, wonderful all the way around. Need to be hired. I want to retire from here.
Pros
Culture is awsome. Family atmosphere, balanced, stressful but love it, people are awesome
Cons
need to be hired full time.
Boring
Supply Chain Buyer (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CASeptember 11, 2017
This company is overstaffed - far too many people with their hands in every aspect of the company. The amount of overlap is overwhelming and confusing - depending on your question about a product you may have to talk to any one of 6 people, in another state.
we had weekly bar bq's for lunch,
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed my job. I traveled every week to the store that my team and I were to reset. My team consisted of 4 guys and me. Sometimes it was uncomfortable. It was easy for me to extinguish any situation.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
short breaks, warehouses were hot, there were no fans
It was OK
Puller (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 11, 2017
It was your typical warehouse job (plumbing supplies)... it was fast paced, but the sort of work I'm used to, so it was all right... left because of a better opportunity...
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Breakneck pace
Decent Place to work
District/Market DC Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 8, 2017
Love the people, love them
work was okay, at the branch it was very satisfying
learned a lot about the "corporate" environment
hardest thing is the hours this job consumes....not a good work life balance
First year was great, then downhill from there.
Showroom Consultant - Inside Sales/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2017
Showroom/Builder Management was severely lacking - poor communication and clearly played favorites without regard to experience or work ethic.
Very high paced and stressful without fair compensation system.
There are a lot of really great people that work there, but their internal systems & compensation need an overhaul.
I will say, they do have an excellent benefit package - if only the pair were fair... it is not!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Management & Compensation
They have customers. Walking in with confederate hats
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 7, 2017
I seen to many drivers quit in a year they are racist bunch of rednecks outta Charlottesville va they hate blacks they have cust.walking with kkk.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Racist top to bottom
Decent company to work for, with plenty of room for career advancement
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Working in a distribution center can be challenging at times but rewarding when you can manage time, labor, and resources to meet customer needs. Management does their best to assign people where they can add the most value.
Stay Away
Picker (Former Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I seen over 20 people leave or get fired in less then 6 months , I have never seen a turnover rate so high. To much favoritism only certain people are allowed to succeed. Just a terrible company to work for. Company already has bad name in small town in which they decided to build it. Stay Away......
Pros
Clocking out
awsome company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 5, 2017
your workdays go by so fast and you also learn so many things . there is always room for improvement . the managers and supervisors are really respectful and caring , the job can be very competitive . if they see your work hard they give you bonuses and gifts
Difficult place to work due to exended travel not noted during interview.
Area Accounting Manager/Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 3, 2017
Difficult place to work due to exended travel not noted during interview. I traveled to 14 cities in 14 days multiple times during the year. The pay was good; however, it was not in line with the job requirements.
Pros
Strong company.
Cons
Did not explain the job requirements accurately during the interview process.
Greatest company to work for
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 1, 2017
Each day you come in and complete stretches to find out your daily goals.

Orders are given to each associate and need to be completed in a timely fashion. 95% of the work load is mental, I know items are heavy, but if you defeat yourself before trying, you'll never win. You are provided with adequate training to ensure you can complete the job task. If for some reason you are not picking up the work load in a timely fashion(90 days), you can request more training to ensure goals are being met.

I've never worked with a company that will pay you for completing extra work, give you every weekend off, and just for fun, THROW YOU A BBQ each month!!

If you're ready to make a career change and want to try something new

JOIN THE FERG..... best decision I ever made
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, $$$$, advancement opportunities
Cons
Negative people, occasional long nights
Ferguson Life
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 31, 2017
Ferguson is a great company to work for! Customer satisfaction is #1 there. The benefits are great and the environment is family oriented. The team at Ferguson worked together hand in hand on almost everything. The learning opportunities were endless and my job was a full plate of this and that. It was fast-paced and sometimes stressful, but what job isn't? Ferguson is a place to gain a career, not just a job.
Pros
Family oriented business and great benefits.
Cons
Very fast-paced and a lot to learn about the business.
Nope
Jan/San Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
When they fire you because you keep them in compliance with Federal Trade Regulations, and keeping from doing something illegal, then it's not a good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval