Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employer Reviews

Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Goshen, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: breaks
Great place to work, can be a little much. The people there are great! I enjoyed my time here, but I needed to relocate. The work flow can be fast and slow at different times, but other than I really enjoyed working with the team.
Good Place to Get Your Feet Wet
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
In my opinion it is a good starting place to gain professional skills and workplace dynamics right out of college. Not much room for advancement.
prouctive work place.
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: scheduling own work schedule
Cons: compensation
I start by adjust routes for orders dropped after I left. I manage territories so driver see same customers to build a working relationship with them.
I work daily with the shipping manager to make sure orders go out in a timely manner.
hardest part of job is satisfying all customers with accomendating times to their schedules on a jobsite.
A lot of hard work and stress
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), MarylandMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free breakfast/lunches, travel for vendor trainings
Cons: no true breaks, long hours
Ferguson has been a very great first career for me. I have began to realize how that my work/life balance is not what I had hoped for my future and my dreams of one day starting a family. The job creates a lot of stress that I can't seem to get away from even at home. My coworkers are great and management is fairly understanding, however, the company is starting to become so corporate and they seem to be caring less and less about the individuals who work for them. I have learned a lot about the definition of hard work while working in this position.
They make a lot of mistake and i have to try and correct there mistake.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 12, 2015
The company seem to have bad communication with customer and staff. I have to do the same job two or three time before we will finally get it right.
very good company to learn at.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 12, 2015
Was a good place to work. Benefits were great. Compensation was decent. Really enjoyed my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the technical challenge and very good colleagues.
A producation company...
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flex time, friendly work environment
Cons: amount of invoices that has to be released in a day, error rate systems, my supervisor isn't available when needed...
Ferguson could be a fun place to work if you have the proper training. The department I work for (distribution center) only has side by side training provided by another associate and information isn't always shared because the associate may not have encounter an issue or they may forget, because they haven't been trained properly to train anyone. My personal experience, the associate spoke to fast and was very unclear. I have survived my time at Ferguson with the knowledge I received from my previous job at Compro Business Services as a buyer. Within the last year our department went under new management and there has been so many changes trying to get our department to mirror the branch side and I'm starting to feel overwhelm. A lot of that may come from the fact that I didn't go through the proper training; however we (our department) have asked to go through the proper training which is provided by Ferguson training department, and the same training the associates working on the branch side have been provided (which is one month long but we only request one week since we have the basic), but we have been told they can not afford to pull us off the floor. Within the last few months my department has lost so many great people. Once I get lost and began feeling overwhelm I don't feel productive and when I no longer feel productive or successful I don't feel like I'm an asset to the company. I'm am a hard working over achiever, and love setting and exceeding goals I set for myself.
Great place
Receiving Clerk / Warehouse / Driver (Former Employee), 5800 Osage street Denver, coMarch 8, 2015
Pros: recognition
I absolutely loved this Job. I took care of all warehouse duty's loved the customers & coworkers. The branch manager took great care of me & recognized all I did for this company. I was the first warehouse man to receive employee of the year. I wish they would not have closed the HVAC division.
Yuck
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2015
The managers could not make up their minds where they wanted me to work. It was a good old boys club. Being a good worker did not count for anything.
Terrible Management
Inside Sales Representative - Commercial Builder (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
On a corporate level, the company is set up with an awesome structure and great culture. However, in my experience, the mid-level executives want to do the minimum to get by and are not keen on helping new associates get acclimated to the job. They feed you to the dogs and tell you to figure it out.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Great company to work for with lots of advancement opportunities. However; expect to work long hours. Great benefits.
great company and great people.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Centerville, UtahFebruary 23, 2015
overall this was a great company to work for except when tooling to improve our profitability was not approved, the only reason for me leaving was a company restructure.
Starter job
Pricing Coordinator II (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hard to get internal position once employed, stay in same position. only certain people get promoted.
Hard to get internal position once employed,,, stay in same position. Have decent working hours. Management needs training. The company was great for doing things for the community.
Good place
Lead Driver/Sales and customer service (Former Employee), indianapolis indianaFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Fergusons. They treated us well till the end. They kept you very busy but management did not look at the future of the company and that's why they had to close up
Demanding and Productive place of work
Configuration Analyst and Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 15, 2015
I was fortunate to gain the experience and understanding Ferguson had to offer. If you can succeed in the distribution world, you can succeed anywhere.
British owned company where 50+ work week is standard
Wholesale Store Manager (Former Employee), Addison, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good training program
Cons: 50+ hour work week with weird overtime rules
company is run on the GOOD OLE BOY system. if your in with them all is good. when the company hits hard times they thin the heard by who they don't like not by who is the best trained and qualified to do the job. work 10 hour days but need to work the 5th day to get your overtime. they like to comp your time at their option not yours.
Good company.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Ferguson was a good company to work for doing inside sales.

I would have enjoyed continuing to work in their online sales division but that was unfortunately stopped by a merger with an existing online company that did away with my job.
Sales plus manual labor
Management Trainee/Account Manager (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: decent pay and great benefits, work alot of hours
Cons: management and boring industry
not great sales trining and a lot of manual labor: unloading trucks, moving boxes and putting them away.
not a lot of cold calling
management is not very invested and are not honest with reviews.
Management is uncaring and favors certain employees.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Deliver plumbing supplies to various contractors and business.
Management is uncaring and favors certain employees.
Drivers work until the supervisor tells us we are done for the day. It sometimes makes for a very long day, but the overtime is good.
Co-workers have been very helpful.
a typical day at work at Ferguson
Assistant Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYFebruary 8, 2015
some days can very stressful and along with low manpower within the company. but on the other hand the union benefits are their.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked by trade – Read more

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Photos