Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Coworkers were okay
Surplus Receiver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 22, 2016
Typical day at work was to receive product back in from warehouses. If it was in decent shape would put back on shelf and do required paperwork. Product that was not good. You would take a picture of it and put on an outgoing pallet to be destroyed. When days were slow in this dept, would have to get on a forklift or reach truck and help collect product for shipping out or unload docked semis. Work was okay. There is a lot of heavy product.

Management was not real friendly. They did have their favorites. Not much room for advancement. When things get slow they would lay employees off. Most days if we had to work overtime, management would come out at the last minute to tell you that you are staying over. It got to a point that they would tell us at the beginning of the week to expect to work over everyday. Which was not always true. You could never plan on doing anything outside of work.

Pay and benefits were good.
Pros
Company would have grill outs and treat the employees to this.
Cons
Little notice of working overtime
Overall was a great place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 17, 2016
Was able to work hard and be promoted to an executive level in my 21 years with the company. I learned a tremendous amount about managing projects and Human Resources. This was definitely a company that taught how to multi-task. The hardest part of the job was lack of communication from HQ to the field. The most enjoyable part of the position was hiring associates, and seeing them progress throughout their career. Unfortunately, a distinct change in leadership and direction, has the company scrambling. A bit of a rat race where everyone is worried about their job security.
Its unfortunate, as the company I started with 21 years ago, has changed - but not for the better. Work/Life balance is "talked about" - However is not encouraged, rather is frowned upon when time off is taken.
Pros
Great benefits, Great co-workers
Cons
Confused Communication from Leadership
Productive and a great place to work
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of completing daily duties to maintain inventory and indirect material for customer. I placed orders for our customer and sourced out different vendors. Received and shipped material. I learned how to maintain a crib and make sure I take care of my customer daily needs as a sourcing vendor and material handler. The management is great but they have some authority figures who miss use their authority. I loved working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was watching my supervisor take my credit for my hard work every day. I enjoyed working with the customers and support staff.
Pros
Your able to advance your career
Cons
They have some authority figures who miss use their authority
good people poor communication
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHOctober 5, 2016
I worked for this company for almost two and a half years. Ferguson's benefits are good for those that are willing to give a little more, such as their incentive program. The people are the best part of the company from highest management to the part time help. The only major problem with Ferguson is their management to personnel communication, and their constant policy changes. Some of the management has a habit of quick fixes instead of finding the source and eliminating it.
Ferguson Celina is still a young DC. I believe when they get all their bugs worked out, they will be one of the best companies around to work for.
Ferguson can be a great place to work
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 18, 2016
I have been with Ferguson for over 7 years now and have enjoyed my time with them. I have built a great rapport with my fellow co-workers as well as our customers and vendors. I've grown with my department and learned so much over the years. Unfortunately I have hit the celing so to speak and can't climb any higher at this time.
Pros
Excellent benefits and flex time
Cons
Too many restrictions on vacation and personal time, no advancement opportunities once you hit a certain level.
Innovativeand creative company within the construction industry
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 7, 2016
Ferguson continues to add resources and solutions to the contractor customer base allowing the company to advance itself further away from it's competitors. Culturally Ferguson is founded on hard work and a competitive atmosphere which is present today throughout the organization. Work days can be very fast paced, which is rewarding to managers that hone their skills and resource utilization.
Pros
Personal relationships with customers and vendors
Cons
Plateaued compensation
Zero Work Life Balance
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  ViriginaOctober 20, 2016
There is zero work life balance at Ferguson Ent. Employees are required to work 10 hours. However, most times employees work many more hours overtime. I get to the office at 8am and leave at 8pm. Not only do I work during the week, but working Saturdays are required. The only benefit to working long hours is the overtime.
Pros
benefits, compensation
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Good ole boys club
HR (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 31, 2016
Typical old school company. Work hard, get very little recognition unless you are one of the favorites. Compensation is fair, advancement is possible, but not always guaranteed. .....................................................................
A company with many problems
Contract Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 6, 2016
No room for advancement, upper management only cares about bottom line and not for the welfare of their employees. Favoritism is a problem there. They are unwilling to provide employees with the tools necessary to succeed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management doesn't care about employees
Ok Place to work for but long hours and very political
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 25, 2016
Arrive at 7 am
work until 5 pm or later 5 days a week
work 6 hours every 5th Saturday morning and also be on 24 hr call every 5 weeks have to flex out overtime

expensive benefits

minor bonus opportunites

annual 2-1/2 % raise
ferguson mira loma
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 2, 2016
this place is a joke, they say they promote from with in the company so you work hard and get no were manager brings in family members neighbors with absolutely no experience and they get all the good jobs. its impossible to move up! this place is a slave ship work work and nothing else. this place needs all new management who actually have education and training in this line of work.
Pros
nothing!
Cons
you will eventually end up suing the place!
Management sucks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 10, 2016
Zero tolerance for mistakes ,manager would even acknowledge I was even in the room, I was fired for miner mistake, benefit were good, equipment was old and run down. Company boasts about billions in revenue. This was a big mistake. No over time
Pros
Management stinks
Cons
Insurance good
Solid company with good direction, expect to work really hard and get paid accordingly. Starting at bottom is not great but better if a trainee
Counter Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 9, 2016
Good company with a solid direction, Management has a heart for those in the trainee programs and truly is like a family, The first few years will be rough especially if your at a satellite branch but that's just what it is starting out at the bottom of any company when your young and new. Pay is relative, it is not low and it is not high. You will be putting in roughly 50 hours a week making just under 45K a year but once you advance the opportunities will finally open up for you to push that 100k mark.
Pros
Culture, pay, advancement
Cons
Long hours, its a grind first few years esp if at a satelite branch.
Better opportunities out there
Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 5, 2016
A typical work day is very routine by day, fair amount of problem solving in various situation, minimum ten hour days. Uncomfortable office culture, unprofessional, low boundaries between employees, harassment between employees - sometimes employees and clients, marital affairs within the workplace, alcohol at the desks of employees. They generally hire good people, but the lack of respect and structure made the cultural and moral very low. Industry training was sufficient, service training was above average, but leadership and development training was very poor. Managers did not have the skill set or respect to affectively coach behavior or areas of opportunity.
Pros
Hardworking peers, discounts on product, hardworking culture, industry specific training/service training was very dense
Cons
working weekends, promotions take a lot of patience, pay increases and commission are very low compared to other industries, uncomfortable favoritism and relationships within the branch, minimal leadership within the management team at branch levels, only driving mentality to manage - no motivation, inspiration, or ability to assess and help to correct areas of opportunity, very average sales opportunity that will capitalize on hardworking young demographic, unprofessional culture
Not the best of jobs
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 27, 2016
I was a picker for Ferguson in Roswell,Ga and this was one of the worst companies i ever worked for...... The management was awful,my supervisor yelled and cussed at the workers,and he often threatened our jobs if we did something he didn't like.I tried to go to human resource about him only to be told that they didn't have a human resource lol which is a lie.My co-workers were okay but it was alot of people complaining about pay and how unfair management treats them,and they were to scared to speak up for themselves.This company should stop hiring ex felons to be supervisors and if there going to do that then at least put them in some type of classes,but if your just looking for a check then thats exactly what this is....... i would not make it a long term place to work though.
benefits
Cons
pay, management, no advancement
great company best culture ever
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 18, 2016
Prior to Ferguson I had work at J&J, DEC, HPQ
This was the best company I have overall worked for. Although I have made more money elsewhere, the culture, sales orientated,customer service focus , and depth in management.

Down to earth people that make a difference!
Pros
culture, ability to show value added, ability to advance
Cons
work hard, play hard tough on families
Laid back culture
Management Trainee, Inside Sales, Commercial Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2016
Ferguson can be a great place to work if you are young and willing to put in the long years required for advancement. Management is fair and pay is good.
good company, good benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 7, 2016
good place to work, good and friendly coworkers, good place to learn more, competitive compensation, good benefits, nice new trucks, most enjoyable part of the job for me was to deliver on time .
Work Day
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2016
Long hours and no communication with leads or management. Liked the location and nice staff lounge. Occasionally management bought staff lunch.
dont go near this company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 28, 2016
if you're of African American or latino heritage,the office jobs and any advancement opportunities are not made available to you,mid to upper management only sees ONE color for advancement-WHITE,and that is a bloody shame because they have many promising candidates in their company right now,if they could only get past the race issue
Pros
great people to work along side in thr warehouse
Cons
mid-management needs a serious shakeup

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.