Ferman Motor Car Company Employee Reviews

Potential for lots of money, no respect for your personal life.
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 17, 2014
I don't know what the other review is talking about. They do offer a base pay if you don't make commission, however you have to pay that base pay back when you do make commission. So in essence you aren't really getting paid a base pay. They are essentially loaning you money. This basically means if you have a slow month you will be making minimum wage that you have to pay back, resulting in you literally making zero dollars for that month. It is like working for free!! In fact not only are you working for free but you are paying them to work there as you now owe them money.

Don't get me wrong, there is potential to make great money here, but not for everyone. I made good money at Ferman, however my co-workers didn't all fare as well.

Management tends to get very abusive, so much so, many people quit when I worked there because of it. Any complaints falls on deaf ears.

Lastly there is ZERO balance with your personal life. Plan on working "bell to bell" if you don't have eight cars out. You read that right! 8am - 9pm every single day. I don't even know how that is legal. They know the job market is down and you have to deal with it so they take advantage of the situation. Eight cars is usually attainable however it often takes three weeks to get to that number. That means for the first three weeks of the month you are expected to work from open to close every single day of the week. Does that sound like a fun environment to you?

I don't think they fully grasp that a rested workforce is an effective workforce. If you wear your employees down
  more... it is hard to stay positive and sell. You would see the morale of everyone nose dive because of these hours. I think if they understood that people need to have a life outside of Ferman they would see much better performance and it would result in better profits. Unfortunately they are set in their ways and they have key people in management that are old school that have no intention of opening their mind to the changing times.

This is a great job if you are single and have no life. If work is your life there is great financial potential here. If you have any other thing in your life besides work plan on that taking a back seat while you work here.
Pros
Possible great money
Cons
Hours, hours, hours, base pay needs to be paid back, management, NO PERSONAL LIFE
Great place of work. Very competitive!
Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLMarch 2, 2012
Fun environment and the staff are great! Lots of room for advancement in this company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferman Motor Car Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3