Fermilab Employee Reviews

Great Place, Great People
Quarknet Intern (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 14, 2016
You walk into work as any normal day and you're given a task. Since everyone there is already pretty smart, they allow for a lot of personal work without constantly being on you about what you're doing. Most of the people there are extremely kind and friendly. The work that goes on there is pretty difficult stuff as you would expect, but that's why we do it. Everyone there has at least some sort of passion for what they're doing.
I received a good review from my captain as security officer for reporting to work on time and saying over when needed
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  aurora ilNovember 19, 2016
My typical day was to get a brief summary from my captain before my shift started and receive my assignment for the evening. I made sure all building in my work area were secured at end of my shift.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
10 minutes breaks
driver
Driver B (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILApril 30, 2015
Don't apply as a driver or helper here.they use you. The worse management ever. No job security. .boss is two faced and they stab you in the back..stay away.
Pros
hours
Cons
poor management
overall view
mechanical tech (Former Employee) –  batavia, ilJuly 25, 2015
I worked at FNAL for 4+ years, I found it to be a great place over all. Each department has its axes to grind with each other, and is controlled by the DOE. Most of the people I worked with and for were great! Most physicists were "hands on" and good to work with. Opportunities are limited, that is true and departmental prejudices run amuck, but the work was great, the campus is great and activities abound all year round. I had hoped to retire from there , but not to be.
Pros
campus, work
Cons
departmental rivialries
Awesome work environment and people
Intern, Electronic Systems Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 27, 2012
Work life balance is great. All sorts of activities held year round. Spacious campus; easy to stay there till late.
Worker are really friendly and everyone is a techy.
International, world-class scientist and researchers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 22, 2013
very good place to do productive research, nice and smart people to work with, definitely
Beautiful Place to Work
Natural Areas Restoration Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, Il.August 19, 2013
It was beautiful, I learned a lot, and met lots of cool people.
Good atmosphere.
Senior Designer on new cryochamber project (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2013
A interesting place to work. The science is amazing and the people make the difference. Good working conditions.
Challenging experience
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJuly 29, 2014
Great research work in a comfortable working environment that constantly seeks the best of your abilities
research
Scientist-Intern (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILNovember 24, 2014
hardest job i have had, lots of phd workers plus the government was cutting funds for research.
Pros
support
Cons
funding.
Un ambiente dinámico e interesante
Investigador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisFebruary 17, 2017
En la investigación científica un día típico es atacar un reto nuevo. Aprendi a desarrollar mis habilidades de programación, de inglés, de comunicación y de organización. Los colegas son gente amable y solidaria. Lo más difícil del trabajo es no darse por vencido y lo que más me gusto es la libertad de hacer el trabajo a tu manera.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fermilab. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3