Fermilab Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILOctober 10, 2017
Work/life balance is great, competitive pay. Great place to work, something new everyday. Lots of different cultures to interact with. Managers let you use all your skills in every aspect of the projects.
Feels great to be a part of something great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILAugust 2, 2017
Fermilab was a great opportunity to use skills obtained at the University. A bunch of interesting projects, challenging tasks, a lot of work and learning.
Pros
Learn something new
Cons
Limited contract
fermilab was the best
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 5, 2017
never a boring day in 35 years you learned something new every day.best place i could have ever worked.learned so much cant tell you the details of it all in this small box..every part was enjoyable was young and eager to learn.
Un ambiente dinámico e interesante
Investigador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisFebruary 17, 2017
En la investigación científica un día típico es atacar un reto nuevo. Aprendi a desarrollar mis habilidades de programación, de inglés, de comunicación y de organización. Los colegas son gente amable y solidaria. Lo más difícil del trabajo es no darse por vencido y lo que más me gusto es la libertad de hacer el trabajo a tu manera.
Dynamic with unbelieveable knowledge base
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 29, 2016
The ability to gain knowledge grows only restricted by the effort you put forth. Management willing to work wit any individual who is willing to put in the necessary time to succeed. Most co-works will assist you in complete assignments or steer you in a direction to get the assistance needed. This is an organization where you must never and I mean never be afraid to ask question or for help. The intelligent level of most personnel is way above average so if you don't understand something ask because if you attempt to fake your way thru you will be devoured not a place for the weak of heart. I would highly recommend this organization to anyone who has the skills and time to dedicate to a organization that will be on the cutting edge of technological aspects.
Pros
Cutting edge for intellectuals
Cons
Paperwork onboarding process
Great Place, Great People
Quarknet Intern (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 14, 2016
You walk into work as any normal day and you're given a task. Since everyone there is already pretty smart, they allow for a lot of personal work without constantly being on you about what you're doing. Most of the people there are extremely kind and friendly. The work that goes on there is pretty difficult stuff as you would expect, but that's why we do it. Everyone there has at least some sort of passion for what they're doing.
I received a good review from my captain as security officer for reporting to work on time and saying over when needed
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  aurora ilNovember 19, 2016
My typical day was to get a brief summary from my captain before my shift started and receive my assignment for the evening. I made sure all building in my work area were secured at end of my shift.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
10 minutes breaks
overall view
mechanical tech (Former Employee) –  batavia, ilJuly 25, 2015
I worked at FNAL for 4+ years, I found it to be a great place over all. Each department has its axes to grind with each other, and is controlled by the DOE. Most of the people I worked with and for were great! Most physicists were "hands on" and good to work with. Opportunities are limited, that is true and departmental prejudices run amuck, but the work was great, the campus is great and activities abound all year round. I had hoped to retire from there , but not to be.
Pros
campus, work
Cons
departmental rivialries
driver
Driver B (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILApril 30, 2015
Don't apply as a driver or helper here.they use you. The worse management ever. No job security. .boss is two faced and they stab you in the back..stay away.
Pros
hours
Cons
poor management
research
Scientist-Intern (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILNovember 24, 2014
hardest job i have had, lots of phd workers plus the government was cutting funds for research.
Pros
support
Cons
funding.
Challenging experience
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJuly 29, 2014
Great research work in a comfortable working environment that constantly seeks the best of your abilities
Beautiful Place to Work
Natural Areas Restoration Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, Il.August 19, 2013
It was beautiful, I learned a lot, and met lots of cool people.
International, world-class scientist and researchers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 22, 2013
very good place to do productive research, nice and smart people to work with, definitely
Good atmosphere.
Senior Designer on new cryochamber project (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2013
A interesting place to work. The science is amazing and the people make the difference. Good working conditions.
Awesome work environment and people
Intern, Electronic Systems Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 27, 2012
Work life balance is great. All sorts of activities held year round. Spacious campus; easy to stay there till late.
Worker are really friendly and everyone is a techy.