Ferrellgas Employee Reviews

It was ok and worked with good peopl
Pipeline Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVOctober 1, 2017
It was a good job I just got laid off and I need a fresh start for me and my family to provide for them and to show u guys that I am what u r looking for and I have excellent refrences that will tell u IM a great worker
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Hands down best company I've ever worked for.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 24, 2017
When it comes to work-life balance, you can't beat Ferrellgas. With a forty hour work week and all of the paid days off (personal, sick, and vacation.) It seems like I'm at home more than I am at work. The benefits package is among the best I've ever seen, and also the lowest cost out of pocket. There are many great things about this company, but these are my two favorite and the one's that really stand out to me.
Pros
Work-life balance, benefits, positive atmosphere.
Cons
Pay could higher, low company contributions for uniforms
Ferrellgas
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Educated well for each job performed , must anwer each call as they come in . Management is in St Peters MO not with local office work alone with your daily responiblities
Loved my customers and co workers from other branches
mediocre place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAAugust 29, 2017
coworkers were great people. management not so much; didn't seem to care about staff unless they were making the numbers to make them look good. Lots of policy changes and nickel/diming customers
Daily task
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAAugust 28, 2017
My daily routine consist of me fixing old propane tanks and also filling tanks for customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the high demand on tanks since the company is growing. The nice part of this job is that I don't have to comute a lot but comuting wouldn't be a problem either way.
Pros
The good thing is that is close to my home
Cons
The chemicals that we deal with from time to time
Ferrellgas
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
It is a good solid company that cares for his employees. Summer time is busy, but in the winter is more relaxed. You get plenty of benefits in regards to personal time, vacation time and sick time.
Cons
paid time off
Family freindly work environment.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXAugust 4, 2017
It is a self paced work environment. You learn a great deal of safety habits from management. There is minimal supervision. Winter can be long hours but the coworkers are great to work with.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor communication
A decent Job
Customer Service and Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Verde, AZAugust 2, 2017
There is little room for advancement or compensation. Most of the management is out of state and there is constantly a merging of service centers and major changes in policies.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
No wage increases
Don't waster your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Three Bridges, NJJune 24, 2017
they tell you full time then in the summer they find a reason to get rid of you no over time you are told to short the customer so you can be back in the yard in 8 hours only to go out at night or the weekend the they tell you to stay home because you are approaching 40 hours so the mangers get his bonus
Pros
a pay check
Cons
management
Not customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 26, 2017
They say your job title is customer service and all they are worried about is regaining customers they have lost due the high prices. My walk in customers loved me and would ask how my life was and my manager hated that. A person cant help what the customer talks about. Its more like they want you to be a robot only. You are a paper pusher there. I don't think I would recommend this job to anyone!!
Pros
good benefits decent pay
Cons
everything else, to many manangers for a little area.
Be wary if you need stability
Regional Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 23, 2017
Ferrellgas has laid people off multiple times with absolutely no notice. The former CEO is now back leading the company after a culture of a "good 'ol boys club" continued for a very long period. I am hopeful that this can be turned around.
Pros
Flexible working if needed
Cons
Exceptionally long hours, not enough staffing
You're a disposable commodity
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2017
The position I was in, Operations Manager, was actually three jobs rolled into one. They expected you to manage all of them to the utmost perfection which meant you were working 70+ hours a week. Even then, you were behind. Unless you come in having already been in the propane industry for years and know all of the jobs backwards and forwards, you will burn out trying to do it. If you come in with no experience, you must get ALL of your training done before attempting to do any managing. That means Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 along with proficiency for all 3. Typically that would take approx. 3-4 months if they allowed you to do that. Good luck with that!

On a side note.....good luck trying to get a raise for your employees. I had one guy there who was at $14.00 an hour and had been at that rate for 10 years. He was a high performer and wasn't being shown any appreciation for being the only driver at his location.
Pros
Great crew at my location!
Cons
To many to list - stay away
dont care about there employees
Propane Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYApril 14, 2017
Good luck trying to enjoy family time in the summer because its not going to happen.If your single and dont like being home early and working every weekend than apply.
Pros
Free boots
Cons
NO holidays with family and no vacations in the summer.
Cold weather
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Central WIApril 12, 2017
Must love cold, wet, hot , ice, snow, rain, being called out to work in the middle of the night, drive far, work unsupervised. Independent, trustworthy, reliability, resourceful, essencial qualities needed.
Pros
Work independent, unsupervised.
Cons
Bad weather, being On Call.
Good place to work and great people
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 12, 2017
Good place to work and great people for the most part. Too many ups and downs due to weather. Salaries move far too slowly, missing merit increases often and then never making them up so you fall too far behind on the IT side. Very low turnover though and a family atmosphere
Great Benefits
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
Great place to work, amazing benefits. Management staff was very supportive. Great growth potential that allows one to grow with the company. Long work hours
Benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Horrible place to work Keep looking elsewhere
Bobtail Driver (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 18, 2017
Disgusting place to work. STAY AWAY! Only care about company. Just look at employee turnover says it all. Worked there 2015-2016. Laid off and not the courtesy or professionalism to let me know if they were calling me back. Found out when new truck in yard. Totally classless!! Sent out in unsafe weather because they needed product moved. NOT concerned about your .....
Pros
Cons
Everything.
fun workplace to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Three Bridges, NJMarch 14, 2017
productive and fun workplace to work for work is so fun very good place and work 5 days a week managers or very nice to work with and customers or very nice and ferralgas is a good compony to work for.
Just a job
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2017
No current opportunities for advancement. No raises or bonuses in the last three years. MAybe a good job for someone not working, but not good for long term.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
dead end job
To Many changes
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Asherton, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Good Company to Work For, But To Many Changes going on with management. Hope They manage things better and work harder on bringing in more work for the disposals....