FERRO CORPORATION Employee Reviews in United States

Back in the day, it was a good place to work
Mid Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2015
I can't speak for the culture of the company at this point but before the big crash of 2009 Ferro was full of promise and mostly trending in a good direction. It was fun and we got a lot done and I'm sad it all ended rather abruptly.
Pros
Good camaraderie with co-workers
Cons
The party didn't last
A professional environment.
Senior Process / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 1, 2015
Had autonomy to direct engineering projects. Handled all phases of project design and implementation. Developed skills in working with all company departments and contractors. Worked directly with management in directing projects.
Best part of job was being able to direct projects as was required for successful implementation. Hardest part of job was handling ALL phases of design and implementation due to lean engineering resources.
Pros
Had autonomy to direct work.
Cons
Lean work environment.
Good company
Admin Assistant, Materials Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 4, 2015
With a lot of changes in management things changed often. Sometimes not for the better. As a whole, the company is great, the employees are great and the compensation was fair.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Too much turnover in management
Fun and exciting
Powder Coating Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioNovember 9, 2015
Powder Coatings was a new process I learned and performed for 13+ years. Met with customers and developed coatings to their specifications.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The business moved in 2006.
SAP Logistics Consultant
SAP Logistics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHDecember 22, 2014
• Provided support for issues relate to procure to pay process inclusive of purchase order management, batch management, inventory management, plants, storage locations, factory calendars, vendor master management, purchase pricing management and order to cash process inclusive of sales order management, delivery and shipping management, invoicing.
• Designed and configured the solution for number of new requirements being managed through change request process.
• Prepared functional specification documents for number of requirements
• Designed test scripts for quality testing of the developments and process change requests.
Union shop. Family oriented among employees and management. A great place to work.
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2013
Team meeting to get mill assignment. Briefed on overall safety of mills. It is at this time management will brief us of company news and policy changes if any. Teamwork was required at various points in operating a mill and we readily helped each other. The most difficult part of the job was the loading of the mill, and the many steps required before starting the grind. The annual family picnic was always a favorite.
Pros
birthday off.
Cons
the dusty work areas.
Productive and fun work place. I really enjoyed color matching for plastics.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Stryker, OHMay 7, 2012
In a typical day working at Ferro I would color match two to three samples a day for the customers. My coworkers and I worked as a team, eager to help one another at any time. I learned so any interesting things about color matching in plastic concentrates. I always looked forward to the next color match as they were all different. The hardest part about the job was getting the color sample to run heavily loaded concentrates on the twin or single barrel machine for a sample to be sent out to the customers.
Pros
paid lunch time, and award recognitions for good work performed.
Cons
when i became a displaced worker from the company.
Most of my work was done without supervision.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 29, 2012
I worked for Ferro Corporation for 38 years. My position was eliminated the beginning of February 2012 as a result of corporate cutbacks.
I enjoyed working with all of the different people (personalities) as well as the different departments. The constant change kept the position interesting to me. I enjoy to continue learning new things.
Good Company with knowledgable and experienced workforce.
Senior Engineer III / Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2014
Good Company with very knowledgeable and experienced workforce. Many opportunities for technical advancement and growth.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Taccoa, GaApril 29, 2013
This is the best place that I have ever worked. Made great money had an amazing crew to work with, and great management. Only downfall to this job is that the plant I worked at closed down, If not for this I would probubly have retired right there.
Good workforce to work with
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 10, 2014
Was able to improve cost on purchases and meet all production schedule without no downtime. Was able to improve quality of products by working closely with vendors,
Pros
enjoyed job position
Cons
long commute
Hostile work enviroment.
None (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMay 23, 2013
This used to be a good company to work for. With the present management it has become a very hostile work place. The directors and middle management have this company in total chaos.
Pros
there is no pros at this company
Cons
fear of losing your job
Good quality system. Old proesses need improvement.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJDecember 3, 2012
I have enjoyed the work challenge here, and have build solid work experince as an quality engineer.
great place to work
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 23, 2014
loved the job! the people made the job even better. sad to leave due to lay off
Pros
great co workers, great hours
Cons
n/a
great people
Manager - Logistics / Distribution (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2013
great people, company shows little interest in its employees
Pros
great people
Cons
poor upper management
Progressive company
WW Director, Specialty Plastics Group (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2013
Very adapt at applying synergistic values across product lines and divisions.