FERTILITY CENTERS OF ILLINOIS Employee Reviews

Low morale no employee benefits
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILNovember 15, 2017
I would not recommend this place not even to my worst enemy. Directors and doctors only take care of each other and do not worry about the rest of their employees who do all the work. Two of the doctors even realized how shady this place was and left. That should tell you something.
Worst place ever
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 23, 2017
I had my review back in October when I left the company and some how they managed to erase it. You will not last more than a month if you care about your mental health. Managers are awfull, love putting you down and disrespecting you. Your co-workers are great people. Some doctors are nice others treat you like you are nothing compare to them. They have lost so many employees because of the fact that there is no one in the entire company you can talk to with out everyone finding out. Can’t go to HR, upper management, it’s always your word against there’s. The company is always hiring not because the company is growing but because there employees quit with no notice in less then a month.
Pros
Benefits, pay, co-workers
Cons
Office Managers, HR and upper management
I am not sure what is more crooked. FCI or the US government
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
A family friendly company that has gone down. Employees are just a number, unless they have an "in" with the directors or are a director. Those employees with the most complaints get thousands in bonuses while the hard working employees get empty promises. Coworkers are amazing. Turn over has been the highest it has ever been and management does not see a problem with it. They believe that everyone is replaceable but refuse to replace the employees that need it most. I have worked here for over a decade and it has progressively gotten worse.
Pros
pharmaceutical rep lunches and Paid Time Off
Cons
everything else
Run, run, run
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILJune 22, 2017
Upper management has destroyed what was once a promising company. The focus is appearance of offices and staff!? Ummmm, what about patient care?! If you watch Indeed and other sites, the turnover at this company says it all! People, grown adults, walk out midshift. Time to change HR/"DIRECTOR" BEFORE THE COMPANY IS DESTROYED. RUN, RUN, RUN.
Pros
Patients, dr's, office team
Cons
Upper management, time for a change there!
Fast pace, really great team
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
FCI has an amazing team of doctors, managers and employees. We all work together well to provide the best patient care possible. This is a hard, fast pace job. Those employees that do not want to work hard will not keep up. This job is not for those that can't do the work.......

For those that want to be here - we are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Medical, Dental, 401K Match, 24.50 parking downtown
Cons
Busy sometimes stressfull
Run
Clinical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 16, 2017
The only enjoyable thing about working here is what we do for our patients and helping to create families. There is no one for employees to go to as our head of HR department is like a warden at the county jail. If upper management does not like you they will attack you until you are either written up 3 times or walk out and quit.
Pros
Pto, Coworkers
Cons
upper management. HR department. Compensation/Bonuses
great work enviornment, adequete training
insemination specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
FCI was a wonderful place to work. I would still be working there had it not been for a sudden death in the family and having to move. Great people and the training I received was excellent.
Do not apply here
Medical Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 12, 2017
No lunch, over worked ,manger has her picks and staff not friendly. Human resource director very unprofessional fire all the staff who has worked over 10 years. Also the Glenview office manager work with Human resource director firing unwanted staff. Bad place to work since new management and new HR team started in 2015.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad management/HR
Stressful
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I have learned about the medical industry in regards to fertility, the emotional toll it takes on patients and the commitment given by the staff
Not an ideal place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2016
Upper management and HR have no clue. This used to be an awesome place to work, but not anymore. Management cares more about appearances and the big $$, than retaining quality long term employees. Be prepared to work 50-60 hours a week, and if you are a nurse, you are salary, and not compensated for the extra time. Their are no breaks for the salaried employees, and no concern for complaints of working 55-60 hours a week, this is the expectation. Over 40 employees have left in under two months. They need to invest in more staff, give annual evaluations with merit based raises, and improve their employees quality of life, or they will have no employees. Best decision many of us ever made was to leave.
Pros
Salary comparable to others
Cons
Long hours, no help from HR or management
great flexibility
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 18, 2016
i had no issues working at Fertility Centers of Illinois. they are very good with flexibility especially when it comes to our kids. i left because i had no sitter for my child. good company good pay.
over all positive some down sides
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2016
friendly working enviroment.working with patients is the best part.No room for advancement is worst part.you will work hard because it is busy but will not be acknowledged for it.managment focuses on bad vs the good
Pros
location, friendly staff
Cons
managment/lack of opportunity for advancement
FCI Review
Patient Servces Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 25, 2016
I work for FCI for over 9 years and 7 months, the company is currently facing uncertainty. Physicians are leaving the company and offices are closing. Not a great place to work at now.
Pros
ok benefits and Free drug rep lunches
Cons
Disconnect between upper and lower management
Great team of fertility nurses and doctors
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2015
This job is where I got my start in the fertility field. I fell in love with the patients that I cared for and truly felt that this job was so personally rewarding.
Pros
Great team of nurse and doctors
Cons
Great people to work with
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILJuly 12, 2012
Busy doctor's office environment.
Great team to work with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor communication
Enjoyed working with the variety of patients an communicated well with Dr's and staff
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 27, 2012
Enjoyed workking at Fertiltity center of Illnois, would like to return as a employee
Pros
day went quickly, staff is very communicable, management a plus
Cons
sometimes worked later than scheduled
good place to work and learn
medical (Former Employee) –  hoffman estates ilMarch 14, 2012
the staff was wonderful and and great place to work i would love to work there again.
Fun place to work. Very friendly staff
Medical Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 10, 2012
Very friendly staff and environment to work. Great benefits. The physicians are the best in Chicago land area for Reproductive endocrinology. The patients are always very satisfied with theor results and refer more patients to us.