FESTIVAL FOODS

FESTIVAL FOODS Employer Reviews

good place to work
Bagger/ cashier/ manager (Former Employee), green bay wiNovember 4, 2014
I Spent 9 years there good place to start for a first job or anyone looking to kill time not good if you want to move up or go places.
Decent store with decent hours
Night Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Mauston, WIAugust 31, 2014
The best part of the job was building displays. This was also the hardest part of the job. Stocked shelves and straightened merchandise on shelves every day.
Great Grocery Chain to work for
Overnight Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 28, 2014
Management and the people who work here make it a pleasant place to work
Festival Schmestival
Cashier and Bagger (Former Employee), Neenah, WIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: 5% discount, poor management
Overstaffed
Underpaid
Management Sucked
Friendly customers
Family-orientated business filled with positive attitudes
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Darboy, WIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: the people that i worked with.
Cons: trying to get vacation days
At Festival Foods I help supervise employees during my shift. I trained new employees. The management was great, their door was always open when I needed to talk with them. My co-workers where fantastic. We were more like a family than co-workers. The most difficult part of the job is the hours I had to work.
Not worth applying to
Former Employee (Former Employee), WisconsinAugust 14, 2014
Cons: everything
Ever notice all those positive reviews are from former employees? If it was so great they would have stayed there. I can tell you from first hand experience this place is terrible. Bad pay, low morale, and a culture where management is vindictive and will throw you under the bus at a moments notice. They don't care if your kid is sick or your car broke – more... down they will give you points (lead to write ups and termination). This company largely fosters favoritism, it is not what you know it is who you know and there are different rules for everyone. Want to discuss pay? Don't do that here as you will get fired for it, want to know why? People at the same pay grade are making two different amounts which would result in an unfair wages lawsuit. The positive posting on here are Managers trying to bolster company image, high school kids who are only working a day a week or HR trying to find people to hire because everyone wants out. Don't believe me work here and find out. You will see McDonald would have been a better choice – less
Fast paced and fun.
Fresh Cut Lead (Current Employee), Fort Atkinson, WIAugust 1, 2014
Jobs require speed and an attention to customer service. Opportunities for advancement. Co-workers are great.
Customer service
Sales Associate, Meat (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 28, 2014
Excellent company to work for, good work culture and forward thinking management.
Excellent High School Job
Cashier (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good starter job
Cons: late hours for a high school student
A typical day at work was me behind a cash register ringing up food. It was my first job so I began to step outside of my comfort zone and get to know the customer service world. I learned cash handling and customer service skills. My co-workers were mostly older than me, but I made some good friends there. Their really wasn't a difficult part of my – more... job. This was a great job for a high school student. – less
Can be a fun fast pace environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: friendly place to work
Cons: stressful at times
Festival Foods can be a fun rewarding employer to work for. They attempt to create an associate and customer friendly culture and for the most part succeed.

Typical day at work revolves on keeping up with their 5 points of sales to ensure the costumers have a good shopping experience.This would include keeping items stocked with good customer service – more... and keeping the store clean with quality items in stock.

Learned a lot about retail sales in a big box grocery environment.They are pretty open about their sales strategies so you have the importunity to learn almost everything you would like.

Store and higher level Management could be improved on. For the most part they are friendly and accommodating. They could be more helpful and open.

Co-workers get along very well although there is the occasional spat and attitudes. There is competition amongst associates for promotions but is usually handled well. Help between departments is tough with the time management software all the departments have to obey by.

Hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the pace at times with the high expectations we have at the store. Working with store management can also be troublesome at times.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow co-workers and helping guests. Festival Foods promotes really going out of your way to help guests which is an enjoyable aspect when promoted like they do. – less
Productive workplace with flexible scheduling for school and extracurricular activities
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 29, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, excellent co workers who were always willing to help
Cons: short breaks, was not accommodating to employees with disabilities
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people with my extensive knowledge of the products available in the store. Festival Foods prides itself on its exceptional customer service and I felt that I contributed to its culture.
I learned a great deal about how to deal with and communicate with other people while employed with this company.
A – more... lot of upper management was difficult to approach but my personal boss was very welcoming and tried his best to be approachable. – less
OK at best
Meat Clerk/frozen/dairy Manager (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 5, 2014
Pros: dollars for scholars for students, co-workers
Cons: short/timed breaks, pay, owners/upper management, constant negativity from upper management
I learned that assistant managers & managers of all the departments had so much pressure coming from upper management without any hours and expected departments to look flawless while still cutting hours. Constantly, grilling all entry level employees on what could have been done better while rarely ever complimenting what is being done well. It was – more... a great job for high school/college students with there dollars for scholars program to help pay for books/tuition/rent etc.... The pay for full time employees is absolutely horrible. I do not know how anyone that works there full time even makes a living. As an ex assistant department manager my yearly salary was not even considered middle class pay. The hardest part of the job was always trying to act "happy" or "fake" towards customers all the time. Everyone hates saying hi to every person that walks by as I'm sure the customers are just as annoyed as the employee is. The co-workers were the best part of the job. Working along side other high school/college students made the job fun and worth coming too. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't not have worked there as long as I did. There is good job security with the company as they are expanding nearly a store every year. I would NOT recommend anyone to work at this place unless you absolutely need a job or are in high school/college. – less
festival review
Packager (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 28, 2014
Pros: poor management and the boss doesn't treat us like a person.
Cons: enjoyable people as customers.
management is poor. Not understanding when it comes to family problems. Cant ever call in sick because they go by a point system. most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers and getting to know them on a one to one basis.
Very Low Pay for what is expected of you.
Cashier (Former Employee), Suamico, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: clean working enviroment.
Cons: pay, hours
Typical grocery store positions but the place is run horribly. They do not practice what they preach. Upper management walks around like the cia with their little ear microphones and do not greet the customers as they walk by like they drill into your head day in and day out. I have worked at another grocery store in the area and the other business – more... was SUPERIOR to this business. Very controlling environment to work in. I understand, there needs to be rules but this place is a little crazy. Will never work or shop there again. – less
It was a great place to work for starters
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 2, 2014
Pros: good company to start
Cons: nothing
Learned that people that do hard work will be appreciated by people that understand what hard work is.
nice
Packager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 31, 2014
work was done at a rapid pace, and i enjoyed everything except the fact that no matter what went wrong, i was always put at fault even if i had mothing to do with it
Good company to work for
Customer Service Counter (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good with scheduling around school/other jobs
Cons: little difference in job day to day
I started out as a bagger and moved myself up through cashiering, self-check outs, and up to the customer service counter. At the service counter I check out peoples' groceries, answer phone calls, work lottery machine, deal with customer complaints, etc.

Never have had problems with co-workers, very nice, friendly people to work with.
Productive and friendly work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: days went by fast.
Cons: short breaks
Management was supportive. Everyone was friendly. Company made you feel like part of the family. Training program was very easy to learn. Advancement was there for people that too initiative.
Very busy and fast paced
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Onalaska, WIJanuary 9, 2014
A typical day starts very early at 6am. I have learned a lot about making large quantities of food. The hardest thing about the job is how busy it gets around the holidays such as Memorial Day/graduation, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Festival days
Cashier (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: didn't work with my school schedule
I was a cashier and provided great customer service. Worked well in a team atmosphere. Management positions were easy to come by.

1 2 3

About FESTIVAL FOODS

At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates – Read more

FESTIVAL FOODS Photos