Festival Foods Employee Reviews

Responsible, ethical, and fun place to work.
Bookkeeper - part time (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 24, 2017
Family-like culture, clean, friendly, taking care of the customers and respecting co-workers. Management is interested in employees wellness and growth within the organization.
Great Place To work
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 22, 2017
This was my first full time job. I loved working in Produce, I learned alot about servant leadership and enjoyed working with associates. The guests are always friendly
Good workplace
Server/cashier/prepcook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2017
Its a gd workplace not steady job nice ppl work different places and events some travel do alot of events all over Philadelphia concerts giveaways cataring lots of things meet alot ppl experience different work settings
Pros
Work different places and events
Cons
Not steady work
Company that stands behind it's culture.
ASD PM (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 18, 2017
They are who they are. Transparent company. CEO very hands on. Work day varies, slow days can be brutal. Great culture brings great co-workers and guests. If you don't enjoy your job here, it's not the company for you.
Pros
No BS.
Cons
Long hours for management at times. Slow/down time is brutal.
Rules and management terrible
Bagger (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 13, 2017
Festival is a very conservative place. The rules are ridiculous and they gave you no creative freedom. I constantly was in trouble because of little things. I was yelled at for my shirt coming untucked, wearing the wrong type of pants, not having a belt. Just little things most people don't really notice. They thought I was unreliable and lower because of my severe anxiety from trying to balance work and school. I tried my best, but sometimes I needed a mental break day. It was not a good experience. The job itself was fine. Bag groceries for people, smile, and tell them to have a nice day. I met some kind people there. Overall though, don't work here. The management is mostly what drove me away. There are much better places to work, trust me.
Pros
Time goes quickly, meeting new people
Cons
Very conservative, very poor management
Wont have enough hours to give.
Frozen/Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 13, 2017
The company has always been a good place to work, but recently they haven't been able to provide suitable hours, so unless your a manager, you probably wont get decent hours.
Many managers
Clerk (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 6, 2017
Overall solid place to work but prices and overhead are high. Preesure to work fast sometimes overlooks quality of work-this is due in part to multiple tiers of management.
Was fun to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 30, 2017
I had a fun time working there the people are nice and friendly. The guest were also a joy to work with. I loved when it was busy. Management was really great at working with me about my schedule.
Pros
Busy enough to be busy almost the whole shift
Cons
Breaks to short
Productive place, nice people
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mt Pleasant, WIJune 25, 2017
My day at festival foods is nice and outstanding nice people who understand you and tbe customers and very polite.i learned not to be so shy and speak up so people can here me basicly come out my shell.theres really nothing hard about it.but the most enjoyable park is the customers and helping them get wat they need.
Pros
All there programs they help u with
Cons
Breaks
OK place to work
Bagger/Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 21, 2017
when I was employed here I was younger which could caused a skewed review, but as far as management went, 3 of my 4 managers were very unfriendly and unwilling to work through certain problems that were brought up.
Pros
Coworkers all friendly and caring
Cons
management suffered from butting heads
Productive and fun
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 21, 2017
Festival Foods is a great first job. All employees are very kind and helpful, and motivate you all of the time. Transferring from one department to another is an easy task too. The training process is very good because they have hands on and computer training.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Limited hours after about 3 months
nice place
Bagger/Tot spot- Front Line (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 19, 2017
it was a typical day to work there, great and lovely place to work. got to really know a lot of the workers and customers when there. always got to learn new things.
Pros
had free lunches
Cons
n/a
Management was mediocre at best, pay was horrible.
Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 11, 2017
I worked part time, averaging 25-30 hours a week, and Although they did allow for a reasonable scheduled that was flexible enough, After 11 months of working their I had revived one raise of 5 cents. Their was no employ discount or any other benefits. It was way to demanding work for 7.85 an hour.
Pros
flexible schedualing
Cons
Bad pay, poor management, and no benifits
Great work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 9, 2017
Festival is a great starting job. Its flexible easy and fun. Thought the wages are anything to be desired unless you plan on moving up to the upper management, its not a bad place to be. I had a lot of fun working for Festival foods. I would even go as far to say I wouldn't mind working for Festival again in the future.
Great place to work!
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 8, 2017
Festival foods really values their employees as much as they value their customers. They make sure employees are taken care of and always try to accommodate their lives as much as they can.
Fun Workplace, Friendly People
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paddock Lake, WIJune 7, 2017
A kind of slow pace, so there can be a lot of standing depending. Still a great workplace since everyone is so friendly. There is usually always something to do .
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
College Job
Senior Part Time, Frozen Food/Dairy (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 7, 2017
A solid college job. Benefits are a joke for PT employees. 5% discount card doesn't pay for tax. Free lunch if the store hits mile stones. Upper, upper management has no experience in the grocery business due to the reason they are all the CEOs friends when growing up. You will hear how the company is doing great and the ESOP is growing, but the company will NOT give anything more than a 3% raise. Rate of standard of living is 5%, good thing you get that discount card...
Pros
Free lunch, any time off, anniversary bonus
Cons
Better than walmart, no benefits for part time employee, only discount is a 5% card that doesn't pay for tax, PRICES are too high
Fun
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holmen, WIJune 6, 2017
Fun place to work. Worked there in high school and they were extremely flexible with hours when it came sports and school. Awesome and fun management.
Treated unfairly
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 2, 2017
You have to push all of the carts inside within 30 min. And during summer and winter it's completely horrible to do because you'll get sweat stains on your khakis or be frozen. They will make you do it even if it's raining cats and dogs. No one wants a sweaty or soaked employee to bag their groceries. I was a freshman in high school and was treated like I was a complete hooligan just because I was young, even though I did nothing wrong. They favored pretty employees over the hard working ones. And most of the managers didn't like me just because I wasn't talkative. Just because someone is shy does NOT mean that they are a bad worker.
Pros
Lunch.
Cons
Disrespecful to everyone, poor pay, played favorites, and careless
Stock and more stock
Customer service and assistance (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 31, 2017
The management was immature. They promote kids to jobs they are not prepared for and for us worker bees this did not translate into a good work environment.
Pros
Excellent Vacation Time
Cons
Low pay....no advancement Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Festival Foods. Our community is ready to answer.