Festival Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly and cooperative team members
Doughnut Fryer and Finisher (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 15, 2016
They have been great at making me feel welcome. The training has been outstanding. I like that they are flexible in scheduling my days to work as I have other obligations that change weekly. I highly recommend this employer
Pros
great people
Cons
challenging work schedule 2am to 10 am
Festival Foods
Wine & Spirits Clerk (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 9, 2016
Great place to work, they are willing work your availability and still give you the hours you need. No matter which Festival Foods you work at it will be very busy and you need to keep your cool and now that you will get any help you need.
Stressful
General Merchandise Department, Deli clerk and CSR (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIAugust 5, 2016
The job requires someone who can work fast and multi task. Hours come and go, sometimes you can get overtime, but sometimes it's hard to get hours. They have good work ethic and are fun to work for at times
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Pay
Very enjoyable workplace
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work includes being very nice and customer service detail orientated. I love to work for this company. Everyone is nice and enjoyable to work with.
Bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 9, 2016
As an employee your only a number and there for one purpose which is to line Mark Skogens pockets.
Prices in the store are higher then most.
Management is very two face. Either they like you or they will work on getting you out.
They say it's a friendly family place to work, but once hired thing sure do change.
Company is not the same as it was several years back. It was totally handled correctly. But Mark has a totally different idea.
Large amount of turn over.
Pros
Nothing good to say
Cons
Not what they make it sound like, Large amount of turn over (look at all the jobs that are posted and wonder)
Fake Smiles
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 13, 2016
As a front end employee, the smiles are not real. The pay is poor and employees can only move up in the company if they are a favorite of a higher up manager. The 5% discount for employees is offered the guest through a survey.
Cons
Pay
Lots of Potential
Meat Service Counter Clerk/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 7, 2016
Working in a variety of the many departments in the store from front end to meat department and more. Most working hours are between 6am and 10pm with the ability to work only first, second, or mid-shift. being part of a growing team with lots of opportunities to move up and grow with the company. Lots of interaction with people and friendly environment.
Pros
great environment, friendly associates, great start to a career
Cons
better pay
Great place to work.
Assistant Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 2, 2016
I love working at Festival. They've allowed me to grow more than I ever thought I could. It is family tea enviroment so you know people have your back which is huge. They welcomed me in and help me make a life for myself.
Productive and Fun Workplace.
Bagger/Cart Runner (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 1, 2016
The Associates that worked there were all great people, and I got along with a lot of them. The Atmosphere of the store was great.
Great for part time but full time can be draining
Customer Service Rep. / Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 20, 2016
Its a great place to work for high schoolers and people who plan to grow in the grocery business. It can be hectic and get ever type of customer under the sun because ever one eats....
Pros
great people to work with, flexible hours
Cons
upper management needs to be handled dfferently
Fantastic work experience and personal growth
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 20, 2016
During the day, I observe my environment to see what projects need to be done and I get to each one at a time. I try to finish one at a time to stay organized and help direct my team when they ask. The hardest part is being accurate about the many, many products and knowing their exact location in the back of the store. The most enjoyable part is satisfying the customer and giving them a great experience. It's definitely worth it.
Overall Great Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 18, 2016
Everyone here is very professional, the quality of the job is fantastic. I learned helpful customer service qualities and for this I am a better and more well-rounded employee.
fun working place
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 17, 2016
busy work day
new ways to pack
friendly management always there for you
friendly coworkers alwyays there for you as well
would be on busy day and long work hours
meeting new people and trying new things
Green Bay, East - Wine and Spirits Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 10, 2016
The staff and overall atmosphere was an excellent place to work at. I enjoyed working for Festival and the it felt like everyone was a family there. It was just a bit hard finding open positions for full time that paid enough with benefits.
Pros
Great people and friendly employees
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing for students.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 29, 2016
I worked here while a college student as a cashier and it was a great college job. Management works well in making sure students get the hours they want on a schedule that works.
Little to no benefits
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, MNMarch 30, 2016
There days were always the same and little to no benefits. there wasn't a lot of le way to your work schedule and the pay was low. not an enjoyable place to work
Cons
short breaks bad management
Productive place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 24, 2016
No day is ever the same, lots of variety with the people and tasks that are asked of us

Perform production tasks, help customers at the counter
Cons
Short breaks
An ok college job
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 8, 2016
Typical work day at a grocery store was to serve customers and stock shelves, and clean. Management was pretty good, was able to get off for school events or personal reasons.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Short breaks, pay wasn't satisfactory
productive
Deli Associate, and Wine/Spirits Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 20, 2016
Provided positive customer experience in a variety of areas, both internal and external.
Internally considered a driven, behind-the-scenes worker, always helping where help was needed, and externally provided assistance to customers on a continuous basis.
Cons
nights and Weekends
great place to work
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 17, 2016
had fun working at festival foods, put a lot of years into this place, this place is a growing company getting bigger every year.

2.9