Fetch Logistics, Inc.

Fetch Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Growing, young staff
HUMAN RESOURCE INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 30, 2015
Fetch Logistics was my internship in Human Resources. They had an extremely motivated work force and they all loved coming in to work with those around them.
Growing current accounts and prospecting for new accounts while providing the best customer service possible
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 23, 2015
I handle accounts that ship full truckloads of product. I attempt to grow the accounts and bring in new accounts. I deal with customers on a daily basis, building relationships and helping to provide customer service. I negotiate prices and make sure all information is entered into my system correctly in a timely fashion. Best part of the job is the relationships that I build with my customers. Worst part is the constant rejection of cold calling, but you get used to it after awhile and learn to move onto the next one. My co-workers are great, which makes the job tolerable as it is very repetitive. I have learned how to build and maintain relationships, provide customer service, and negotiation skills.
Great place with great people, learned a lot!
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 26, 2014
Fetch Logistics is a great place to work whether you're an intern, in sales, or part of the support staff. A typical day is fast paced, busy and full of unexpected events. I learned so much at Fetch. Fetch really takes the time to train their employees so they can be successful in the industry. They have great perks like casual dress, cookouts in the office during the summer and sports events.
Typical Office Jobs
Carrier Manager-East Division (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 15, 2014
Typical office job in an office park. Regular work hours with most time spent on phone.
Get on the phones....
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 15, 2014
The phrase get on the phones is shouted out numerous times thru out the day. The management staff is composed of those who couldn't do the job so they where promoted to management. The company was founded and grown by some really good people of which not many are there any longer, greed has taken
over the ownership. They changed the business model and have become the Gieco of brokerage. If you like gieco, stay there, this is a bad version. At least with gieco the potential for you to transfer your skills and training to another ccompany are there. Fetch has your employment options closed when you sign a non compete for a year. They have a position posted every week not because of growth because they can't keep people. Its a sad slow wake watching a company die, with their revovling door employment.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
greedy owners, constant hiring and firing, no cconsistency
Great place to grow in your skill sets
Customer Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 1, 2014
Duties included finding new capacity for customer freight while negotiating pricing that resulted in more GP. Customer and client interaction on a every day basis, giving excellent customer service every day at the job.
Pros
salary, co-workers
Human Resources Internship
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 2, 2013
An all encompassing look at a Human Resources Generalist role.
Fetch Logistics
Director of Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 2, 2013
Fetch has an incredible business model and is primed for great success. As their first ever external hire, my objectives were never defined. Our philosophical differences as to maximizing business results and improving associate engagement differed greatly. They have a hard working staff that is under constant scrutiny. They suffer from intimidation from the top down. They have a 40% retention rate.
too profit-oriented
Dispatcher / Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 26, 2012
Here is an example of what this company does:

You are in Montana and have a full truck load of water bottles you want to ship to Florida. You don't have your own fleet of trucks so you call a logistics company to find a truck for you. You say you want to ship for no more than $600. We find you a truck that is willing to do it for as cheap as possible, say $400. We take the extra $200.

Now we have booked a truck for $400. He is driving from about 50 miles away to pick up this load because he really needs the business. Say he is halfway to the pickup and we find another truck that will do it for $300. We will call the first trucker and tell him the shipment was cancelled so that we can get the cheaper truck on the load. We make an extra $100 profit, the trucker loses whatever money he spent in fuel and travel with no way of getting it back, halfway from home with an empty truck.

This is a common practice here. If you decided not to call off the more expensive truck, you would be reprimanded by your supervisors. It is not an ethical practice, in my opinion.