FFE Transportation Services

FFE Transportation Services Employer Reviews

Our crew operated like a large extended family each bringing different strengths to the projects. My supervisor knew her "core" group very well.
Dedicated Crewmember (Current Employee), Detroit, MI & Greater Toronto CanadaSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: wages and team camraderie
Cons: being away from home and extended holdovers at receivers
I worked primarily in a local area so my days were very busy, I would see several of our customers multiple times in the same day.

While I enjoyed working with my crewmates and my direct supervisor, I feel that the management as a whole lacks communication and coherency this tends to create a very inefficient working enviroment.

The hardest part of the job was learning to keep my patience when a receiver would overbook incoming loads and I would have to wait several hours to complete my assignment and move on to the next task.

The most enjoyable part was working with my cremates on large shipment pickups. I really enjoyed the camraderie and sense of team accomplishment
Great job to soul search
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXJune 25, 2013
Pros: travel, vacations anywhere, climate controlled, self-employee, time to think
Cons: no family life, very little money, long days and hours.
As an over the road trucker, you have plenty of time to soul search and think about life. In the early 70's, the average trucker made over 60K a year but today they start at about 30K. 5 weeks on a truck followed by a 5 day break means that there is absolutely NO time for family or relationships. DOT regulated driving hours means that after your allotted driving hours are up and you shut 'er down, you must still stay on the truck (yet there is no pay for sitting). While a $800-$1,000 week (before taxes) might sound nice, you've got to realize that you are on the truck 24/7 and often unable to drive it. A 168 hour weeks means that you're making about $5.50 an hour. As a company driver, .32 cents a miles isn't much. There are no co-workers so there isn't too much drama and the class and education of most truckers at the truck-stops leaves a lot to be desired. The best part of the job is that you have a heater in the winter and an air conditioner during the summer and you can sit in a comfortable chair and watch the beauty of our country pass in front of you eyes day in and day out. Vacations aren't a dream but a lifestyle and if you're divorced you can take your "home time" anywhere in the country you want…..which means Mardi Gras, Kentucky Derby, Daytona Bike Week, Bumbershoot, Bonnaroo, Smokey Mountains, etc. An awesome life experience - but only for a limited time.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Company has excellent training program,was not satisfied with pay.
Productive and quick pase in a cooler
(Full-Time) Dockworker (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 22, 2013
It is a very friendly environment with few co-workers in 3rd shift. I learned to drive different machines in extreme cold and frozen areas. The management makes sure to accomodate workers as well as keep a good and friendly relationship.
FFE violates state and fedral quidlines
laborer (Former Employee), Burlington, NJNovember 21, 2012
Pros: williness to work on an alternative schedulig
Cons: inexperienced management team
FFE burlington terminal, violates state and federal quidlines, and safe work place practices, unfair labor practices..

3 yrs at burlington terminal 3 terminal managers
16 supervisor (3)
140 laborer employees (qroups 15-20)

don't follow corperates persedures on saftey and training classes
Not a good place to work for unless going to school
Dockworker (Current Employee), Bridgeview, ILMay 16, 2012
Pros: working only 4 days a week
Cons: not enough money no respect for the workers
First off this company starts dockworkers off at 12.00 dollars an hour. You only get a 50 cent raise per year. Most of the year you won't even get 40 hours. They are too busy paying there dispatchers 40000 a year and up instead of upping the pay just a little for the dockworkers. Also insurance for a single person cost 60 dollars and up per week.
An excellent place to work
REGIONAL MANAGER SALES AND OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 27, 2012
Pros: excellent people
I worked for FFE for eight years 1/2000 to 11/2008 in chicago and it was the best company I ever worked for. If I ever got an opportunity to work for them again I work certainly do so.