FFE Transportation Employee Reviews

Very unfair
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXSeptember 3, 2017
i just never felt that they never valued me as a employee and made everything very challenging for me.hard to get home time , was not properly trained on how to do paper word i had to teach myself practically everything.
Family Oriented Environment
Truck Driver (Logistics) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 23, 2017
i would consider this the first real trucking company i worked for. they did whatever they needed to do to make sure all drivers were home on holidays, always concerned about the will being of a driver., management communicated with the drivers very well and respectfully. They tried to tell me i would regret leaving this job one day and guess what, i did and do.
Pros
always shared their concerns for driver safety
Cons
no cons, just regret that i had left
Once was top dog, now just poor excuse for a company
LTL Regional driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 17, 2017
Bridgeview terminal under original owners was a very profitable yard. Great mgmt, knowledge dispatcher, even good relationship between dock and drivers. KLLM is truly the downfall and will be the demise and death of a once good company to work for.
Pros
Good memories
Cons
Feel sorry for those who work there.
Cut throat company
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
Driving company i stayed busy. As soon as i signed the papers to buy my truck i was starved for miles. The company made sure to work me long enough each week to pay for truck and insurance and then sat me at different terminals until they felt fit to run me.
Pros
nice trucks
Cons
everything sucks, dispatch is rude, no miles, forced dispatch
Poor terminal management
Operations (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 15, 2017
FFE was a good place to work until 2016 when the current terminal manager took control. Current manager does not encourage, develope, mentor or support the employees. He is not fair, constructively critical and he has no integrity. I would not recommend working here until management is changed over.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 10, 2017
The typical day there is scheduling pick ups and making delivery appointments. You learn the ins and outs of the transportation business. Management works just as hard as hourly employees does, they don't mind helping out. The workplace has a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible hours
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILJuly 13, 2017
No communication not to bad of a company to work they have there good days and bad days just wish that dispatch would communicate better with drivers to relay information to drivers about new policy's that take affect
Pros
Cons
No raise
Daily duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 14, 2017
Enter all daily tickets for load of water & oil from over 80 trucks, compare all field tickets to drivers logs & enter payroll & A/P & A/R. Invoicing & delivered invoices to Pioneer for signature. Assist foreman in all reports and duties.
cdl skills
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 6, 2017
good trainers you get to see the entire us great starter company to learn and get the proper skills and knowledge for logistics and cdl driving, and endorsments
Pros
cdl and endorsments
Cons
not enough home time
Do not work here
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 22, 2017
Operations at all terminals are going to be centralized to corporate facility in Lancaster TX. Terminal manager at Burlington is a non trusting 2 faced scumbag. Human resources are a bunch of morons. How can a company with minimal competition not make money?
Pros
Friday lunch
Cons
Healthcare benefits are awful
Cheap freight
Trsnsport/ Owner Operator long haul trucking (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxJanuary 24, 2017
Not a great place to lease if you are trying to pay for a truck. Dispatcher show partiality in my opinion. My truck managers were really great to work with though.
very professional
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
For the most part, as long as you are a very hard worker, you get the loads and the miles. Great pay. They have a tendency to spoil their hard workers.
Good training
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2016
Used to have a good training program here. Pay was low just starting out, was still a good company for new drivers. Kllm however will force a lease option down drivers throats
a new ecperience
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 9, 2016
UPS was an experience, however I can't take anything away everything that I learned in the process, and that I was able to become the trainer
good work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 1, 2016
i love it there and the people was very good to me lots of work the company is really good to work for if you are really for the life
It's not a normal 9-5 job so it takes a certain type of person who doesn't mind being confined to a truck and away from family and friends for days
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 13, 2016
I have to say that the pay is not consistent with the amount of time you spend out on the road and in certain cases at some stops which can throw you off your schedule starting with the first stop. I found that no matter how much you work the money never covers your bills. I may be a special case but I will say that I usually run all of my 80 hours out most weeks because I volunteer to work on the weekends. The big problem is if you work 40 hours at a normal job you get paid for 40 hours and after 40 you get overtime not in trucking you devote so much of your own time for nothing. I guess that's why so many people quit. Basically you get paid 1/3 of your actual time you commit to the job. I really think that the company should take in consideration how much a driver has to devote to the company in order for them to understand how much there life is committed to there success. I guess what I'm saying is that a bonus once a year would really help them feel appreciated especially around the holidays.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
your time is undervalued no holiday pay for any holidays or time off with pay.
Company no longer in business
Collections Administrator my primary functions are (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2016
Company no longer in business

They are now a part of KLLM

co-worker were great to work with moved on to a better job

I worked a lot of big customers ( Home Depot, Bar S)
Very Fast Pace / Very Challenging
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Check equipment / Pickup assignments / Off load product and Conduct inventory check / Receive inventory / Stow inventory for future shipment . Working as a team our jobs become stronger which make everyone happy from our customers to our family.
Pros
Fast pace / Challenging
Cons
Cold / dark and long hours
Company seems to be going in a good direction
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Co workers are great, company culture is positive. Training is good. All staff and management are over worked. Management will not give a definitive yes or no answer to go forward in certain directions, as they don't want the responsibility for the decision, would rather the blame fall on someone other than them, this slows processes down or halts them completely.
Cons
healthcare high as it is most places
Ok for a starter company
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview ilAugust 16, 2015
I worked for Ffe for a year and 5 months this is a ok company to start off with and get a year in then move on I needed a refreshers so I did my year then moved on not the worst company out there
Pros
Good starter company
Cons
Home time and pay