FFE Transportation Employee Reviews

very professional
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
For the most part, as long as you are a very hard worker, you get the loads and the miles. Great pay. They have a tendency to spoil their hard workers.
a new ecperience
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 9, 2016
UPS was an experience, however I can't take anything away everything that I learned in the process, and that I was able to become the trainer
good work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 1, 2016
i love it there and the people was very good to me lots of work the company is really good to work for if you are really for the life
It's not a normal 9-5 job so it takes a certain type of person who doesn't mind being confined to a truck and away from family and friends for days
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 13, 2016
I have to say that the pay is not consistent with the amount of time you spend out on the road and in certain cases at some stops which can throw you off your schedule starting with the first stop. I found that no matter how much you work the money never covers your bills. I may be a special case but I will say that I usually run all of my 80 hours out most weeks because I volunteer to work on the weekends. The big problem is if you work 40 hours at a normal job you get paid for 40 hours and after 40 you get overtime not in trucking you devote so much of your own time for nothing. I guess that's why so many people quit. Basically you get paid 1/3 of your actual time you commit to the job. I really think that the company should take in consideration how much a driver has to devote to the company in order for them to understand how much there life is committed to there success. I guess what I'm saying is that a bonus once a year would really help them feel appreciated especially around the holidays.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
your time is undervalued no holiday pay for any holidays or time off with pay.
Company no longer in business
Collections Administrator my primary functions are (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2016
Company no longer in business

They are now a part of KLLM

co-worker were great to work with moved on to a better job

I worked a lot of big customers ( Home Depot, Bar S)
Very Fast Pace / Very Challenging
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Check equipment / Pickup assignments / Off load product and Conduct inventory check / Receive inventory / Stow inventory for future shipment . Working as a team our jobs become stronger which make everyone happy from our customers to our family.
Pros
Fast pace / Challenging
Cons
Cold / dark and long hours
Company seems to be going in a good direction
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Co workers are great, company culture is positive. Training is good. All staff and management are over worked. Management will not give a definitive yes or no answer to go forward in certain directions, as they don't want the responsibility for the decision, would rather the blame fall on someone other than them, this slows processes down or halts them completely.
Cons
healthcare high as it is most places
Ok for a starter company
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview ilAugust 16, 2015
I worked for Ffe for a year and 5 months this is a ok company to start off with and get a year in then move on I needed a refreshers so I did my year then moved on not the worst company out there
Pros
Good starter company
Cons
Home time and pay
As an Area Manager
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 19, 2015
Due to the recent changes to the structure of management in the company, I believe that this company will continue to squash their competitors. I love the environment and culture of the crew I work with.
Greatest job ever
Transportation Broker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2015
the management was awesome and the environment was very pleasant to work in.
Pros
pay, coworkers
Cons
Nothing wrong
good overtime
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJNovember 20, 2014
management was bad never helped or cared. they took sides or favorites to certain employees or friends
Pros
good overtime
Cons
management sucks
Kept me rolling
Owner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2014
They kept me fairly busy. They communicated well, and my equipment was well maintained.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
not enough promised hometime
productive peaceful work environment
Data Entry Clerk/ DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  memphis,tnJuly 13, 2014
update and load orders/data entry
schedule appointments for drivers
contact clients when an issue may occur with a driver
scanned bills and invoices
send emails and fax documents
contact the drivers and provide updates on their loads and appointments
cold work
freight loader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 10, 2014
i worked in a freezer where it can range from 30 degrees to -10 degrees loading and unloading trucks
Pros
working first shift
Cons
had to work overtime everyday no matter what
The best team working place vending machines are good and the hours are A++
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 26, 2014
The best team working people it's like a family no one leaves until the job is done Portland,OR termennal the best FFE TRANPORTATION number 1 for Truck Driver and Dockworkers hands down
Pros
Pot lucks are Great the manager will buy lunch and dinner when team does good work
Cons
the only thing is 50 cent a year and the max is 13 per hr
Starting wage better than most
Local Refrigerated Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 3, 2013
The slow periods increased by months over time. This company has been bought out by another. There is a serious lack of communication from office personnel and management to the drivers on a daily basis. Upper management has an unfair, unreasonable and most of all uncaring way of dealing with or handling even the slightest of everyday problems that re-occur frequently within the office staff and drivers alike. Management doesn't seem to have control over the everyday schematics of being a leader in a busy logistics office and tends to put forth an attitude to blame the drivers for office personnel mistakes. Large turn-over within the office, dock and driving fleet alike due to poor leadership skills of the manager currently in charge.
Pros
Starting wages were higher than most
Cons
Upper management is not fair or reasonable and leads that office with an uncaring attitude
Good place to work lots of overtime
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXNovember 26, 2013
long days had to leave town quite a bit.enjoyed being home and more but also enjoyed being on the road sometimes liked my co workers
Warehouse attendance (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2013
*normal work hard from morning till afternoon-
*how to operate lifting equipments -
*they were good workers-
*loading mix temperature trailers-
*laugh and have communication with others-
Pros
open
Cons
open
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJOctober 8, 2013
Loved working here, co-workers were nice and the job was easy and fun. Unfortunately, it was only temporary.
Was a good company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 6, 2013
Company sold out to another company, I was with them off and on for the last 13 years. Owner of the company was a great person. I hated to see the company get sold to some one else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FFE Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.