FHI Employee Reviews in United States

Good coworkers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 21, 2016
All you do is work and sleep. No family life what so ever. Im there more than i and with my kids. Nothing changes. The management says that they will speak to the host about concerns and nothing happens.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
No family life/terrible hours
Great Place to Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCFebruary 26, 2016
The corporate atmosphere is laid back but driven. A lot of opportunities for advancement and improvement. New leadership is evolving the company
decent job but pay was not consistent
Back up Lead / Lumper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2016
gained more experience with various fork lifts, the job was a good one but the pay was not consistent. they paid according to what trucks you unload and how many pallets, and also the hours were rough. (ex. you would work 14 hours and only make 60.00) sometimes we had too many guys and management did a poor job of managing the workers according to what production we had.
Pros
Worked at own pase
Cons
paid by trucks, long hours
Great place, great people
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Tipp City, OHFebruary 2, 2016
you must be a self motivated person to be successful and make money. No one is going to hold your hand to get your job done. The leads and trainers will show you how to do the job but it is up to you to find the motivation to make money. Very fun group of people to work with, management is fun to work with. I enjoy working here because I get paid more for working harder. Very physical job but I like the workout.
Pros
fun people, hard work, very physical
Cons
Long hours during busy seasons, no set end time
Enjoyed Working with FHI mechanics, drivers and staff
BENEFITED MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, NMJanuary 20, 2016
FHI was a great place to work and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a craft skilled job. There are 3 shifts of operators. There are mechanics, operators laborers and administrative. All communicated well with each other while I was there.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
frequent lay offs and re hires due to plant shut downs
no integrity
unloader (Former Employee) –  Florida, Ohio, Tennessee and VarginiaDecember 3, 2015
I worked in multiple locations and all of them were filled with opportunistic and crooked people. Everybody is only out for themselves and there is no unity inside the organization. Every location I worked at was unorganized and the pay was not good. The only way to make good money is to not have a life outside of work. this company should be renamed what have you done for me lately. they are cheap and refuse to have good structure. They preach culture but do nothing to change the culture in a positive way. this place is very negative and I would not recommend for anybody to go work there. it was great when I finally left and I know current employees that can't wait to leave. there are other jobs that pay you decent money with a lot less stress!
Pros
fellow assiciates
Cons
everything else
dont apply
unloader (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 23, 2015
I left a job of 3years to work here. I lasted less than a week. it was a scorching 100 degrees in there. all day and night. there is no hourly pay. well its minimum wage. you on ly get paid for the trucks you unload. management sucks. you didn't get a break either . if you stood around for 10 secs you better run to the bathroom or take a smoke. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
cheap sodas
Cons
no breaks, stuck up team leads, no communication !
Worked 9yrs with the company and there was never a pay increase
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tipp CityOctober 17, 2015
If you work for this company everything is your fault. Unload a truck and run out of space your fault, someone hits you with equipment your fault should have been paying attention. Only good thing about job was traveling to other states and your co workers.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Production pay
tops
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAOctober 10, 2015
it was ok working for the time but tops didn't treat there workers right at all they had us as part time workers giving us full time hrs with no days off with no benefits
Very bad place to work at!
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Newport,miAugust 28, 2015
This place is the worse place I have ever worked for. So unorganized, management is so bad, they pick favorite to hand trucks out to so if your not well liked you will have to unload the bad trucks. They also never have the proper equipment to do your job, you don't get paid by the hour so every minute your not working your not getting paid. So have fun searching for equipment while your not getting paid.
Pros
Non
Cons
Not paid by the hour, short on equipment, management
Decent place to work
freight handler (Current Employee) –  Tipp city ohioJuly 28, 2015
would be alot better if they had more people and you didnt have to stay for 12-16 hours. The co-workers and management make it worth staying, but the pay structure is terrible, you can make 25$ a day sometimes or you can make 10$ if you get a bad set of trucks. Work is dependent on the trucks which are drawn at random, could get a 2500 case truck and be able to finish it in 6 hours and make 20$+ an hour or get a bad 1800 case truck where the boxes weigh 40-60lb each and it takes you 10 hours to do the truck.
Pros
Lunches somtimes, coworkers
Cons
Terrible hours, not enough people
GOOD People to work and great time
Unloader/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 27, 2015
Good People to work but when its slow and the docks are full nothing you can do just wait for the docks to open the space.
its not a hourly rate its per truck and some of us are fast to unload the more trucks the more money you make in a day the faster you work the better thats the game
Pros
weekly bonus
Cons
no specific pay rate not houly labor
Good People and Good place pay could be better
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 18, 2015
Good overall team environment nice leaders and workers healthcare is expensive and doesn't pay for everything. Opportunity for advancement and leadership roles.
Productive fast pace
Forklift Driver/Unloader Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 9, 2015
The job is great the way you get paid is not so great. Safety is very important to this company. The people you work with are fun and very helpful. Hardest part of the job is making cuts on the packaging.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
pay
fun
unloader (Current Employee) –  Newport, MIJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work requires you to get your work papers and go unload the truck you are picked to do, the people around you are willing to help out if needed. The hardest part of the job is when you receive a larger truck and that may takes a while also if you have a bad machine it takes a bit longer to unload. The most enjoyable part about the job is finishing the truck.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
pay is not hourly
Warehouse Associate
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 7, 2014
Worked for the company for over a year assisting with their project expansion. Great working experience.
Back-up lead (Former Employee) –  Acushnet, MANovember 11, 2014
Unloaded trucks, Supervised associates, deal with truck drivers, operated power jacks and handheld.
management is not really set up well, there all over the place and never communicate at all.
co workers are nice but job was an individual work atmosphere
hard par was working in the cold freezer but you get use to it
Productive but slow
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2014
great boss wonderful people and its a very cold environment and a contract through public warehouse.
It's an ok place to work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 26, 2014
I really enjoyed most of my co workers, management wasn't all the way together. I enjoyed making good money and being around great people, but the hours weren't what I expected
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad hours
Very physical and demanding job
Lumper (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAJune 7, 2014
this job is very hard on your body and the hours don't always match up to the pay check. we do not get paid hourly wages we get paid per load so sometimes the loads are good and so is the money but most of the time they are not, but money is money.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long hours, pay, schedule, lunch break, temperature, labor