FHI Employee Reviews

some what of a new company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAJanuary 14, 2014
work untile there are no more trucks, co workers are good to work with, hardest part of the job is the pay for how long your work shift is because its production base pay.
Cons
no breaks at all
Unloader
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2014
Unloaded trucks for Meijer money is good but long hours at times
early mornings not steady work
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Jedburg, SCDecember 11, 2013
unload trucks with a electric pallet jack or forklift. separate pallets into individual items
FUN WORKING PLACE
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Newport, MINovember 22, 2013
THEY ARE A STABLE COMPANY WHO TREAT THEIR WORKERS WITH RESPECT
Pros
good working conditions
Great job but the way it was ran was terrible
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2013
I loved this job because you really didn't have a boss, basically you would get your paperwork and go do your job, as long as you're fast, safe, and productive thigs were great but the flipside is you cant leave til all the trucks were done, i would go in at 3:30am and i wouldnt leave til 4,4:30-5:00pm and yellow shirts passed out loads which they kept the high paying loads for them self and gave you what they wanted you to have but i loved the job itself, i was great at what i done and publix made me aware of that everyday but by me being good at my job and the turnover ratio was so high i was taken advantage of for being good at what i was doing.
Pros
no pressure from the bosses
Cons
long hours for such little money
Great working place
freight runner/ unloading (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAAugust 27, 2013
i like the fast paste enviroment
the benefits are great
the people you work with are very fun to work with
fast paced enviorment
Freight Runner (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAAugust 6, 2013
great atmosphere, compusation for the amount of hours you put in to work doesn't add up
Company has favortism
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 10, 2013
I worked for this company for over two years and got no where like I was told I could. I was even up for the management position because I had the most experience in the field but because we a cocky regional manager who thinks he know more than you do even if your right your still wrong so he stopped me from getting the job which I was informed by a supervisor. Pay is based off production and the leads have first pick of the loads so you get took-en advantage of and they manipulate the system so they always get the good paying loads in which the manager knows but does nothing about it but have excuses. I was finally let go for not participating in a non mandatory contest for an iPod and refusing to jeopardize my safety any longer but the company says otherwise in which they denied me unemployment. I do not recommend working for this company. I have friends that will vouched for my story that worked or still worked there.
Cons
politics & bs
They suck and do not give everyone the chance to make money
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAMay 20, 2013
I love the work but the pay was not roght cause you only get certain trucks whe others got the high paying trucks and u know who u are
Pros
easy work
Cons
pay problem
FUN WORKPLACE
SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  DEERFIELF FLORIDAApril 11, 2013
HARD JOB BUT LOVE WHAT I DO, SELECTING ,TRUCK LOADER. FUN TO WORK WITH OTHERS AND LEARN NEW THINGS.
very judgemental enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 29, 2013
terrible hours, great pay some days, horrible labor but some times you can get excited if you leave early becausde most days you clock in at 2:15 and leave sometimes 4:30 the next day.
Pros
make good money some days
Cons
never know how long your staying, never know what your going to make, also never know when your going home..
production
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAJanuary 2, 2013
The hardest part is dealing with getting paid off production and only getting 10% of what the trucks pay. Dealing with favortisim and dealing with the leads getting the best trucks and you only bring home a few dollars every two weeks while they bring home a few thousand.

The co-workers are friendly, considering they are in the same boat as you.
Cons
little pay for a lot of work
Day at Work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 17, 2012
The job was really fun and demanding. The hardest part of the job was sorting all the different type of items out based on where they were going in the warehouse but it was fairly easily
Overall it was good experience
Forklift Operator/Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAAugust 14, 2012
A typical day work was busy greeting customers taking them to their whereabouts around the perimeter to malls , restaurants etc. I learned where a lot of different locations were and short cuts to get the customers to their destinations faster. I got along well with all of my co-workers never had any issues with no one. The afternoon traffic was really tough sometimes. The job was never hard I really enjoyed it. Getting to know different people was nice because they eventually gave good tips and always brought back extra food.
Pros
good tips
Cons
traffic
fun job to do
lumper (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 8, 2012
unloaded trucks, management was fun to be around and actually did work next to you, co workers all got along and laughed, nothig hard, most enjoyable part was going to work
Pros
good pay and fun job
Cons
nothing
A hard worker
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJune 4, 2012
Loading & unloading Trucks, Stocking. I learnd to work faster then i aver worked befour.My co-workers worked hard & fast five days a week. the best people to go to work with & get the job dun.
Pros
making money at a fast pass
Cons
the hours on sunday
its very slow hardly no work
Lumper (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 1, 2012
Piggly wiggly is our host and were working inside there plant breaking down freight the work is very slow and the warehouse is very dangerous due to the safety inside
Production
production asst (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flFebruary 23, 2012
True production work you get paid for what you work, When i started out here it was a 70/30 split worker got 70% of what ever it coast to unload a truck the more you do the more you get paid.
Pros
money
Cons
slow times
It was just work.
Handler (Former Employee) –  TIpp CityFebruary 19, 2012
I liked working at this place, but the hours got way out of hand sometimes. The pay was low.
Pros
the pros were the people that worked there, good attitudes, nice people
Cons
low wages, extreme hours