FHI360

FHI360 Employer Reviews

productive and resultable work
social protection specialist (Former Employee), Addis AbabaAugust 21, 2014
Pros: transport facilities..
Cons: some breaks and health protection services
The organization has smart requirements so that it excites me.
A place for development and learning.
Capacity Building Team Leader (Current Employee), AmmanNovember 9, 2014
- Results-based management
- Flexibility with family responsibilities
- A place that provides an opportunity for learning
Fhi360,is an Ngo i truel enjoyed working with,the great hospitality of my co.workers was immense.Do hope to work with them again or another Ngo of typ
Driver (Former Employee), NairobiJuly 31, 2014
In Fhi360,is a place i really enjoyed working.To be sincere,i have never worked in a very remarkable conducive environment.We all worked as a family no discrimination.The pay was good and benefits especially when we could go job outside town we were well catered for.We could sleep the most expensive hotels where we could.In office we had a state of – more... the art office well equipment with latest office machines,a kitchen and any time we could have a cup of coffee at you own will.Let me it the first organization i worked with and truly i enjoyed every bit of my stay there till my contract ended. – less
productive but needs stress management programs
Technical Officer-TB/HIV (Current Employee), ZambiaApril 10, 2014
Pros: personal arrangement in terms of lunch
Cons: health care is part of the package but my area of operation has no access to such
Day starts at 8 am break at 1pm continues at 2pm till 5pm knocking off time.
Adaptation to new environment,new cultural beliefs
Management of staff at times a challenge and sometimes resources are a big challenge
co-workers have been very accommodating
hardest part of my job is that theres no any form of reliable transport to monitor the activities – more... in the surrounding communities in line with my roles at a district level – less
;,op
COORDINATOR of the Project for against the HIV (Former Employee), RWANDA CountryNovember 30, 2013
Pros: ijijuij
Cons: gkkokj
Work with FHI360 / ROADS (field’s Coordinator) to assist agencies of execution to continue to set up programs of fight against the HIV/AIDS in favour of the target groups.

This task includes following main activities:
 Assist members of associations and cooperatives in the capacity building through trainings activities, the pair education, collection – more... and the management of the data, etc.;
 Assist members of associations and cooperatives in the organization and execution of community events aiming at the raising of awareness to the prevention, the voluntary screening of the HIV, the reference to the services HIV/AIDS and the distributio of material of IEC / CCC;
 Help members of associations and cooperatives in the elaboration of projects and execute programs with their target groups;
 Assist volunteer community, management committees (steering committee) in the preparation of the statistical and narrative reports(relationships) intended for the financial institutions;
 Watch the good quality of the activities of the project by making visits and regular supervisions on ground;
 Make a regular follow-up of the state of progress of activities;
 Help partners in elaboration of the sub-projects and to execute the programs with their target groups;
 Strengthen capacities institutional of the partners in planning, financial and administrative management, the follow-up and the evaluation of interventions in the field of the interpersonal communication, in training, activities of the community volunteers, etc.;
 Help partners to organize and to execute community events aiming on the raising of awareness to prevention, promotion of screening test of the HIV, to the attendance of the services HIV/AIDS presents to Rusizi, etc.;
 Help partners to organize better system reference for a coverage of the PVVIH, the OVC and other vulnerable groups;
 Make a regular follow-up of the state of progress of the activities. This spot includes the evaluation of the performances / realizations, to see again and to give a feedback to the reports of money projects, to see again their action plans and to formulate appropriate recommendations, etc.;
 Inform directly the supervisor of any problem or success registered on ground;
 Help partners to set up a system of collection and data processing;
 Work closely with other beneficiaries of the ROADS Project in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Rusizi District;
 Help and guide partners of FHI360/ROADS FHI360/ROADS to integrate their activities in Rusizi District by following the concept of Safe T Stop.
 Participate in annual preparation of the action plan as well as the budget there relative for the FHI360/ROADS Project for Rwanda and watch the fulfillment of all activities planned in particular in Rusizi District;
 Maintain a close collaboration with governmental institutions based in Rusizi District;
 Prepare annual reports intended for the umbrella of coordination of the activities HIV/AIDS and to partners.
 Execute other tasks considered necessary by the supervisor – less
Challenging working without adequate material resources.Each day being a learning situation while meeting client at outreach sites.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Burgersfort LimpopoSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: travelling to different places for meetings.
Cons: long distance to far to reach areas to provide services.
Counseling a surbodinate on unacceptable behaviour towards clients at an outreach site.
I learnt being patient firm and focused things will work for better.
Management style depend on the situation, acknowledge subordinate their importance and the goal to be achieved.Team work players,relaxed when supervisor is away for meetings.
Most enjoyable part – more... of job is when working as a team, complementing each others effort. – less
I work best in a conducive productive workplace
Training manager (Former Employee), PretoriaJuly 31, 2012
Pros: prtovision of refresher courses to employees
Cons: i prefer working in a conducive environment where managers, take feedback positively
Monday
I learned that Mondays are very challanging week days,eapecially if one had an ehaustive weekend. I learned that one needs to prorities what is crucial and what is not so that they stay focused on doing productive work. Management skills are very important inorder to mainytain a conducive work environment. Managers should take feedback positively.My – more... coworkers are an easy group to work with irrespective of diverse cultures.The hardest part of the job is working after 5pm, however if this happens once in a wheile inorder to meet specific set tasks and deadlines. i enjoy reaching out and provide services to the underserved communities. – less