FHN Employee Reviews in United States

Fortune 500 Company
Corporate Risk & Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILMay 9, 2016
Excellent customer service employees with an excellent talent base for handling claims and consumer concerns. Engaged management and long-term employees.
Long term employment
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 20, 2012
I have worked for FHN as a Physical Therapist for 16 years. I have always felt valued for my role by my coworkers and administration and respected for the job that I do. Our current director and supervisor allow me the freedom to do what I feel is appropriate for patient care, yet are there for me to answer questions, provide updates on medicare, medicaid as they arise. My supervisor has allowed me to be flexible with my schedule to accommodate my children's activities. The health, dental and vision benefits are great. We have an excellent group of PT's, OT's, SLP's and ATC's that work together to provide a fun, energetic, yet focused group of allied health care providers. We are all supportive of each other both professionally and personally. My coworkers are available as a sounding board if I need some ideas on a challenging patient. I have had opportunities to leave this position to earn more money, but I have always chosen to stay here because of the other benefits of this position with FHN.
Wonderful place to work for where they treat you like family.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 5, 2013
I loved working for FHN. Everyone treated you like you were family. Everyone worked like a team and were there for each other.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
i cannot think of one
Team Player
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 24, 2015
Answer phones, make appointments,take co-pays.
The customer is always right.
Good Management
My co-workers are kind good people.
No taking it home with you when someone is very ill.
The Patients are the mos enjoyable.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Low Pay
Hostile to Staff
outpatient therapist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 1, 2012
My wife is a 30 year ADN RN with no adverse work record whatsoever. Due to differences in professional ethics between a non- medical supervisor and my wife as a nurse, she was fired with allegations of improper medication dispensing. She was also reported to IL DPR. After a through investigation including 5 supportive letters from FHN physicians, a psychiatrist, and honest employee testimony who risked her job, my wife was exhonerated in 15 minutes before the IL DPR and nursing board representative in Chicago. In the course of events I was forced to resign from my allied health position by the very same supervisor as she said, "we did not have a good working relationship."
Pros
continuing education payment
Cons
non medical management staff incompent in supervsion skills

Comment – September 18, 2012

Very "cut-throat" place to work. If someone above you does not like you, your career is over. I had similar experience. Now, finding a job is twice as hard. Would think twice about working for FHN.

I felt pride in the care patients received at FHN and learned a great deal while employed there.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILSeptember 1, 2013
I loved working on the med-surg unit and everything involved in that from interactions with patients, doing my best to make them feel better physically and emotionally, different treatments involved in their care, coordinating their care with other caregivers, keeping families involved and informed and the pace of being busy.
I had the best co-workers and everyone helped each other when they needed it, although that decreased in the latter years of my working on that unit with changes in new staffing and different management.
I learned so much with continuing education provided by FHN to keep our skills current and from my co-workers and attending physicians.
The hardest part of my job was leaving my position on the med-surg unit because of changes in staffing to all RN's for inpatient care.
Would not recommend to outsiders
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 30, 2013
A typical day was putting up with crabby co-workers and a horrible supervisor. Although, I did receive a lot of training that was well worth it, the job itself was very laid back and not as detailed. The management overall was not that great. The employees within the company are all nice people, but the company makes them stressed and hard to be around. There was no hard part to the actual job. The most enjoyable part of the position was seeing and talking to the patients as well as fellow workers throughout the network.
Pros
free lunches from other departments
Cons
healthcare, staff attitudes
Fhn
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 15, 2015
Has its pros and cons. Not for those in school, they don't work real well with your school schedule. Some people are great others are what bring the company down
Strong rehab dept!
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Inpatient acute rehabNovember 20, 2012
I enjoy being part of the FHN rehab team! The dept is full of mentors willing to help newer therapists. I feel our team is full of competent, compassionate individuals striving to meet the needs of our patients. Our rehab dept is always looking for ways to expand/new services to offer.

I feel that our ortho MDs are some of the best surgeons around. FHN offers an expectional Joint Club Program to help ease patients with a total joint replacement recovery!
I really enjoyed working for all the doctors there. I so miss everyone of them.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 13, 2011
FHN decided to eliminate all medical transcription jobs and they sold us out to a nationwide company called Medquist. I wish this had never happened, I really enjoyed working for FHN.
Pros
i worked out of the house.
Cons
eliminated all transcription jobs at fhn.

Want to know more about FHN?

Ask a question
One of the best places I ever worked
Director (Former Employee) –  FreeportMarch 8, 2013
I would recommend this organization to anyone and everyone who would consider moving to the area (or already lives there). Progressive, intelligent, caring leadership. Smart, driven, engaged staff. I miss them all so much - wish I did not have to leave.
Student life
Student (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 19, 2012
I was a Radiology student for 2 years at FHN hospital. For the first year I had clinicals twice a week and three times the second year. Total clinical time added up to 1500 hours.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
time consuming
Good job to grow in.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJanuary 3, 2014
This was by far the best job I have had. I loved my co-workers, and the day to day of the patients.