Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Found 1,425 reviews matching the search
Little opportunities for advancement
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 24, 2017
There is no opportunity to advance but this is a great full time entry level job. I wish I had more chances of becoming a financial analyst or something in finance through working at FCA
The hardest part of the Job
Tech3/ Team Coordinator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2017
The hardest part of the job was learning a new job and trying to keep up with the line while it was moving. Working in a factor is not easy work and it breaks your body down.
benefits
Cons
it breaks your body done
not much home life
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2017
long hours, you are a number they don't care about you or anything going on in your life. revolving door plants always new faces . most quit or get fired
making cars
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 21, 2017
Making cars was not what i imagined it to be. It's a lot simpler than you would think. I enjoy the environment. I enjoy learning something new. I also love chrysler.
Pros
discounts
Cons
co workers
Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 20, 2017
I enjoy the job because I like working outdoors. The job is difficult in the winter for obvious reasons. The management could use some training. The workplace culture is fair at best.
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Poor insurance
Cut Throat Environment
Assembly line worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 20, 2017
Hired in with a promise of a permanent position. Only kept on as a TPT working 1 to 2 days a week. Cannot survive on this pay any longer. Need to find another job.
Overall Summary
Punch Press Operator/ contractor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg OhioJune 18, 2017
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is a wonderful place to work with tons of room for advancement, with very knowledgeable people to work with in diversity. Lots of overtime.
Pros
401K and advancement opportunities
Cons
Laid off Twinsburg Plant Shut down
Overview
Quality Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 16, 2017
Genuine people to work with and a reliable company. Hard working people there to make sure that there is quality products produces for everyone in the world to enjoy.
Stressful Work Environment
Production Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 16, 2017
Job is misleading until you're hired then you're informed about being temporary and how you can be worked as much or as less as they see fit. They want you to quit your current position for them with no guarantee of a consistent schedule or guarantee of becoming a full time employee in a timely manner. The union deducts fees from you paycheck but offers you no coverage in times of need because you are a temp. The management did not offer fair treatment. The best thing about this job was the pay.
Pros
Pay
Lack of substance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 15, 2017
FCA will process care for the customer, but put out faulty products and knowingly so.
Jeep and Ram are ok, except anything base model, which will be complete trash. Chrysler actually has some great styling, and innovative ideas but re-send value is terrible and looks are way more important than quality.
Dodge has the slowest sorts car on the market, until you go to the SRT line, which are all amazing. Looks are again the most important part for the most part, SRT being amazing.
Pros
Continued training
Cons
Hours, dealing with Chrysler Capital
Stock work, inspecting parts and shipping to assembly line.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 15, 2017
I've been working for Chrysler for 3 years now and my only complaint is they don't notify us in advance what's going on with the job. They shift the hours every so often and we don't know until it's happening. I love what I do at work though, the conditions are fair as well as pay. The job isn't too difficult and where I'm stationed we work ahead of the assembly line so we can sort of work at our own pace.
Pros
Breaks every two hours, leave for lunch, meet different people.
Cons
Benefits don't kick in until between 3 and 5 years depending.
Great Learning Experience
BUDGET ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 15, 2017
Many Brands, Many Levels of Management, Many Opportunities to Contribute, Strong Leaders will do well, many unstructured areas where opportunity to create something new available.
Pros
Company Size
Cons
Business Process Not Clear
work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 13, 2017
its a cool job if you are a car person such as myself , the pay is decent and the people are pretty cool , the only problems i have have is in the summer time the temp is way over the top
benefits
Cons
weather
terrible
Hi-Lo Driver (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 13, 2017
great benefits terrible everything else mgmt terrible environment terrible hours terrible temperature terrible breaks body down exhausting stressful frustrating
Quality
QUALITY INSPECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 13, 2017
Put on paint suites to assure quality, put on proper PPE to assure quality. Make sure that you are at your job on time to avoid disciplinary actions. Take it one day at a time.
Safety culture in development stage in certain areas
Safety Professional (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 11, 2017
Due to automotive culture work life balance not a priority. Average working 55+ hours a week. Home life may suffer. Having said that, being a car person, working for the company that made the Viper was pretty cool.
Pros
Hourly workers and union were pleasent and positive to work with
Cons
Work life balance is not a priority
Professional environment
Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Warren MiJune 11, 2017
Chrysler was a very fun and exciting work environment that I had the pleasure of working in. There were plenty of opportunities for advancement and the employees were compensated very well for their time.
Pros
Good Pay
Stressful Environment Most times
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIJune 10, 2017
Not the best working environment. Management is only concerned about production. Claim that safety is a priority until it effects productions!! Not the ideal environment to promote employee and management relationship...
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management targets the wrong workers to disipline!
Fun Experience
CERTIFIED SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 8, 2017
Working for FCA was a fun learning experience for me. Though, as a salesman, the hours were long I worked around it to learn a plethora of new skills.
Compensation is ok but no current room for advancement
Manufacturing Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2017
Not hiring full time makes the morale of the job low. No opportunity for advancement. Money is good but there isn't any chance in becoming full time anytime soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.