Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Found 1,490 reviews matching the search
Great company
Dealership Porter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2017
Overall great company. Management is pretty decent. Work hours varied sometimes. Employeement was good as well. Great work place nice vbes. I would defenily recongmend this job to a friend or family.
Pros
Nopros
Cons
Nocons
Different locations
Assembly Lines (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 21, 2017
Worked at Shap 6 yrs and Jnap 1 yr worst year of my career! Chrysler is a great company to work for in the state of Michigan not the cream of the crop of the top 3 but it will get u where u need to be
Plant Life
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 21, 2017
I'm grateful for the income associated with my employer only. We are in a union and that's good. Low level management can be annoying. Most upper level managers are cool.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
Productive organized workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 21, 2017
The WCMA Director always encouraged focused improvement and was an exceptional example for the team. FCA is a great company to work for with many benefits and opportunity for improvement.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Limited direct hire positions
Friendly, open and interactive workplace.
Case Manager/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Murray, UT 84123August 19, 2017
Each day was different. We each had our own customers and dealers that we worked closely with so everyone's experience is different.
A typical day at work consisted of checking emails, voice mails and texts that may have received from dealers and or customers; reviewing individual cases, writing notes on how to handle the case and then finally reaching out the dealers to let them know what our plans are. Depending on the situation, we would have to determine how much time we are going to spend on a case. Some decisions on cases would need the consent of a team lead.
What I learned was the importance of team work and attendance. Because our job consisted of working with our own customers and dealers, our attendance was very important and if a case manager was out on vacation or sick, we would have to help with the load and contact their customers and dealers before contacting our own. However, this was also something that I did not like. When someone was missing, a few of my coworkers would complain about it and would dim the mood. Having a positive attitude was essential for this job.
The workplace was amazing. I loved my coworkers from my team, my team lead and even the dealerships that I would have to contact. I loved the management there. My team lead was very understanding about our situations, but was also very stern.
The hardest part of the job is also what I love the most about it. Working with customer's who were irate and hard to handle is what I hated. However, that is also what I enjoyed about it. I had some customers who weren't always so nice, I learned
  more... to really read between the lines and find out what was really bothering them. This led me to having good relationships with these customers because I was able to assist them until they were satisfied.  less
Pros
Acquired paid time off
Work Life Balance
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 17, 2017
Too many hours for the pay

No interest from management to assist anyone

The plant works non stop and there is no desire from anyone to really be there.
High Stress envitonment
Domestic/International Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 17, 2017
Job entails working in a union environment with very little access to proper equipment for hourly employees. Quality and process improvement could use a lot of work. Work life balance rated 1 star and Mgt gives little or not consideration to vacation or personal time.
Fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Resident Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2017
World class manufacturing facility producing several transmission types for automotive market. Resident product engineers are responsible for different areas of transmission production and are well-respected within the plant.
Pros
Employee vehicle lease program.
Cons
Traditional culture, bordering on 'old-school.'
productive
Team Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 16, 2017
Summer Intern worked 4-12 hour days.
employees only produced the minimum even if that was produced 2-3 hours before shift change.
culture was a mixed bag depended on who was working that shift.
hardest part of the job was making sure we had a full crew, if no full crew, who could cover what production line/jobs,
most enjoyable part of the job was learning how the production/factory environment actually worked.
Pros
good pay
Cons
union would get jobs back for people who should have stayed fired, department was an oily mess.
a good learning experience
Assembly Line Worker, Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2017
Get the line started on time and assign all the worker there job for the day.
I learned how to become a good leader.
The management was okay.
The culture was okay.
The hardest part of the job was coming back from lunch and still having 4 hours left.
The most enjoyable part was working with employees with different background.
Pros
healthcare, discounts
Cons
short breaks
high overturn
Lean Process Manager / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 15, 2017
A great divide between days and nights, management has a high turnover, workplace culture is a mix of Detroit and southern labor, the hardest thing was getting the outbound out,
Pros
car discount
Stressful Work Environment
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2017
A very stressful environment, not employee friendly, the benefits are good, however you feel like you are just a number. The work is very hard on your body.
Pros
pay, and benefits are good
Cons
short breaks, little to no reward for doing a job well done, hard on your body
Too much pressure on engineers
Seat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 14, 2017
too much pressure on engineers , supposed program managers ( they are called project chief here ) don't do much. Engineers overloaded with un-necessary paperwork only to help career progression for direct employees and supervisers , no value for experience , power point engineering only... no salary raise for contract employees. Careers progression for direct employees only.
good people to work with
Production operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 10, 2017
Good paying job with benefits, some people are cool, its just best to come to work and do your job the right way. We need managers who have worked on the floor who can relate.
This is a very relaxed and fast pace company to work.
Late Stage Manager I (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 9, 2017
As a Late Stage Manager I have direct contact with customers by telephone to establish a mutual agreement to bring costumer loans to a resolution based. Utilize negotiation skills to obtain acceptable arrangements of accounts balance based on an understanding of customer financial status. Review and analyze employment, references and utilize skip trace procedures to increase customer contact.
Pros
I have been with company for 9 and enjoy working for company.
Cons
There is know room for growth
Chrysler is a good and strong company
Lead Production Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 9, 2017
Chrysler is a good company that pay well and offer great benefits. The only downfall is the quality of life outside work. The company rotate supervisors at random from shift to shift with little to no warning
Pros
10 hour shifts
Have None
Credit Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
No review it was good job and a great place to work ,if you can deal with a the other stuff, that makes it hard to deal with. Some people don't like the truth.
Pros
Co-workers are great to work with.
Cons
It's downtown Dallas
Emjoyable work environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILAugust 7, 2017
I loved it there, however when management and union teamed up to get some of the higher seniority out of there, I didn't like that. They came up with a package for people to take an early out buyout. I really regret it to this day.
Pros
relaxed work, benefits, pay
Cons
no A/C
Flat rate
Heavy Engine Repair (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 7, 2017
I no longer wish to work in a dealership due to the flat rate pay system that is currently in place. FCA continues to lower labor times yet the vehicles get more complex to work on. Flat rate pay system is not working and it is time to move forward from this type of pay system.
Good paying job and very Fast-paced
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 6, 2017
Overall, This is a great company to work for if you are single or don't mind spending everyday at work. Management is very supportive with great coaching skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.