Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Found 1,348 reviews matching the search
Good Pay and Benefits
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work. You have to be able to work 10 hr shifts. Odd hours. They treat the workers pretty good. The union is good. The management are a good too.
Pros
Pay, benefits, Secure for at least 10 years
Cons
working weekends
Interesting place to work
Dimensional Engineer - Chrysler, LLC (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 13, 2017
As is true in most places, there are excellent managers and not so excellent managers. I have been challenged by many interesting projects.I am mostly a project manager for dimensional tooling. (CMM's, Laser Radar systems, Laser Trackers, etc.)
It pays the Bills
PDR Paintless Dent Removal Repairman (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Chrysler has made a lot of changes since 1994, its not the same company, I guess the changes they have implemented are good for the survival of the company.
Nice facility, Silo Management
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Still recovering from Bankruptcy. Management structure not well defined, limited processes in place since Daimler. Nice facility, able to work long hours in comfort.
Pros
Nice Facility
Cons
Lacks proactive management w/ people skills
productive
Quality INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2017
made inspections of vehicles to make sure that parts were installed and installed properly.I was assigned to different departments daily, I was also given the task of training.
Cons
short breaks
Aero/Thermal CFD Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 10, 2017
7-3
good learning experience
Management is slow to changes in design
Fast paced design cycles compared to other companies
supplier interfacing is good
Unbalance and stressful
Hilo/ spot welder (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 9, 2017
People need to be paid more not less. We are fairly being treated unfair.
Are union is not supporting us with things we have problems with.
Pros
More jobs coming
Cons
Bonus, attendance policy, our union
Company I worked for was Chrysler Capital (Santander)
Dealer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Not applicable for FCA. Chrysler Capital is a separate company with a contract with FCA. Culture at Chrysler Capital is poor. Santander is the parent company and is trying to rum a prime credit "captive" with a sub prime credit culture.
Recall Resolution Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MI 48336February 8, 2017
Great environment to pitch ideas and be taken seriously in implementation, as well as recognition. Solid Management team flexible, yet focused on the bottom-line, which is the shareholder experience.
very fun place
Assembly Operator - Repair Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 7, 2017
loved the enviorment it was a very fast passed job long hours on your feet that was the hardest part management was reasonable the job overall was great good money and great overtime pay just the automotive business causes shut downs to slower volume plants
Automobile
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 5, 2017
FCA is a automobile company . we deal with lot of workload but at the end you will be rewarded. i recommend this company for any one who has good experience.
A good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Started on the assembly line in 1977, got layed off in 1980, called back in 1982. I then started working in the body shop department until 2006 . From there i went to the new plant and worked in the stock department, and later as a team leader until 2009 when i retired.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 2, 2017
I haven been apart for this company for some time now I've seen some highs and Lowes it's a wonderful company to work for. They treat you very well, they will assist when needed, they are very good at checking on you to see if you need any help with anything..
Cons
shorts breaks
A stepping stone
Material Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 31, 2017
Not a lot of opportunity for growth. Fast paced working environment with a lot of processes out of place. A solid place for a career stepping stone.
Great professional environment with good compensation
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 31, 2017
I worked there for almost 10 years and enjoyed the travel and the challenges which came with the job. The professional environment was great as was the facility.
Pros
Work/life balance
n/a
Manufacturing Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 30, 2017
I work for Chrysler on the door line. I sure the module and connect the mirror wire. The hardest part of my job is the time that I'm away from my family and standing for long period of time. I can say most enjoyable moment is when we know that we build a great jeep for a customer.
Pros
off every hoilday of the year.
Cons
breaks are very short and hours are extra long.
Interesting
Material Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 29, 2017
The people are really great, and interesting. A very busy environment . the hardest part is dealing with certain workers, but that also isn't that bad.
Summary of tenure at FCA
Supervisor, tooling engineering (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 28, 2017
Demanding work environment. Must be at the top of your game on a daily basis. Good test of one's moxy and drive.

Good exprience, but may not be for the faint of heart. Must be very motivated and driven to worrk here. And, willing to sacrifice home life for success at work.
Pros
Daily testing of knowledge and skills
Cons
Extreme lack of work life balance
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Very fast paced, not too hard. plus the people around made my job easier and fun they made me want to work plus the money was good as well. I learn a lot about the cars i was working on as well.
Good place to work, just wasn't for me
Human Machine Interface Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 27, 2017
I interned with FCA, it is a great company, but not a good fit for me. Everyone was nice and respectful, easy environment to work in, and pretty good pay for an intern. Overall definitely not a bad company, but I personally didn't fit in with the auto industry in Michigan so I probably wouldn't go back. But I would recommend to a friend if they're interested!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval