FICO

FICO Employer Reviews

Felt baseball
Project Manager, Senior Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAFebruary 28, 2014
saturated fat in a glass beaker nextdoor to a cat lady
Supposed infatuation
Desktop engineering Team
Windows Desktop Engineer (Current Employee), Roseville MNJanuary 23, 2014
Daily processes: is creating SCCM packaging AutoIT or PowerShell to deploy packages for either upgrading existing software, installing new software or patching vulnerabilities.

Projects include: creating PCI compliant environments, Migrating Exchange to a hosted solution, and implementing high security Network communications by collaboration with Networking – more... team

Skills utilized:
Widows Server management
Creating Servers and Desktops in Virtual Environment (VM and Hyper-V)
SCCM 2007 and 2012, Managing, Servers, Packaging, Distributions point, Scope and boundaries.
Scripting in Powershell, VB, Basic, AutoIT
Dealing with High level issues and finding company wide solutions to Vulnerabilities. – less
Not at all what I expected-Annandale
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Annandale, VAApril 15, 2013
Pros: plenty of free time, quiet office
Cons: gossip, negativity, remote manager
I moved to VA and started working at the Annandale location. My manager was based in TX and almost never came to the office. She was very negative about the senior manager on-site and tended to gossip and undermine everyone including the senior manager that was HER boss. We were coached on what to say/complain about during meetings to create an atmosphere – more... of negativity for everyone. So much drama created by one lady-especially since she created the drama over instant messenger most of the time.

I realized that this is not a position that has advancement potential. The constant tension between the TX-based manager trying to manipulate the local senior manager was really the worst experience I had-very unprofessional. No one seemed to talk about this but it was very obvious to me so I decided to look elsewhere.

The company also offered a work at home option for Fridays but took this day back from us explaining that the decision was "policy from above" despite the fact that our manager worked from her home every day in TX and failed to explain why the company allowed her to work from home.

Co workers were nice. Lots of free time-we weren't always busy. Many people surf internet or chat on cells during lulls since the manager is out of area. I found a better, more upwardly mobile position in DC with a substantial increase in salary with none of the weird politics @fico.

This would be an ok placeholder job to tide you over untill you find the real job you want elsewhere. This is not a place that will advance your career. – less
I loved working at FICO
Facilities Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNDecember 6, 2012
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: non
I was part of the Facilities team and helped orchestrate a major move of 3 offices to one location in Roseville, MN in November of 2012. I regret that the company was downsizing and I was a part of that reduction in force.
Fico has strong marketing analytics services
Director, Program Management (Current Employee), Arden Hills, MNSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: very good analytics
Cons: need marketing of accomplishments
New CEO and senior managers. Strong SMEs. Little marketing of accomplishments.
Seems like it used to be great.
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 12, 2012
Pros: offices for non-managers!
Cons: regular layoffs, reorgs, terrible bonus
Tons of busy work, incompetent middle management, no stability or sense of identity/purpose as an organization. Perhaps half of the work I produced was never used for anything, which was frustrating. The compensation was fair, slightly more than similar companies pay for the same role. Benefits slightly worse than similar companies. There was once an – more... intellectual tradition at FICO, but it seems to have been lost a long time ago. Most of the brain trust has already left (or has been laid off), and frequent cuts have resulted in the organization becoming executive management-heavy, with a skeleton crew underneath. – less
Wide experience in Trading of Bulk Commodities
Country Representative (Current Employee), DelhiApril 11, 2014
Strong relationship management,target oriented .Not much support from the management.
Engineer II (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 17, 2014
FICO uses all the new technology into the market, So its a good place to prove yourself in new technologies
QA Test Engineer
Senior Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 3, 2013
Senior Systems Test Engineer
• Apply substantial systems testing background toward expertly performing smoke, functional, regression, integration, database, and black box testing throughout development lifecycle.
• Collaboratively perform requirements mapping and prepare Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
• Contributed to developing in-depth test – more... cases, test data and test scripts.
• Conduct web-based testing to examine page contents, broken links, web objects, frames and tables.
• Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing, Database Testing, Black Box testing at various phases of the development and test cycles – less
Global Foundries
BW Consultant (Former Employee), GermanyJune 10, 2013
Pros: sap bi 7.0, boxi r3.1, data federator
This release (9.1) is the first of the 4 planned releases and includes implementation of for FI-CO and HR modules.

• Modeling of CCA dataload process. Creation of process chains for Cost center Accounting.
• Performance optimization of ABAP code of COO (Cost of Ownership).
Reduced loading time from 9 hr to 2.5 hrs.
• Writing routines and user exits – more... as per requirement
• Testing of objects for dataflow and reports.
• Checking of objects and ensuring consistency between systems.
• Setting up and testing of background jobs in Control M for dataload automation.
• Preparation and managing the transports.
• Worked on build of Quality and Production systems
• Worked on performance tuning of reports and dataloads.
• Monitoring of test dataloads. Analysis and fixing of failed dataloads.
• Reconciliation of finance data before releasing for user testing.
• Managed cut over activities before Go-Live.
• Solved numerous trouble tickets during Go-Live and hyper care.
• Creation, execution and documentation of Test cases in Quality Center(HPQC). – less
Good work culture and growth opportunities
Solutions Integration Consultant (Current Employee), BangaloreMay 15, 2013
Pros: good work culture.
Cons: less organised due to the size of the company.
FICO, though a small establishment with 350+ headcount in Bangalore, India, has very good work culture and opportunities for growth as it is a fast growing company worldwide. There is recognition for good work hence it is very motivating to do more for the organisation.

About FICO

At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry – Read more