FICO

FICO Employee Reviews

java developer - Good
Java Developer (Current Employee), New Castle, DEJune 30, 2015
java developer. Good company for learning and getting domain knowledge. Salary is good ... work culture is very good . mostly people work from home here . small project with clients and requirement are not clear.... so need good communication to get the proper requirements from clients and stack holders.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), PhoenixJune 23, 2015
Fun and friendly environment to work it. Love the team building environment, and learning new information every day. There are a lot of growth opportunities as well.
Good place to work with work life balance and good peers
QA Lead Consultant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 3, 2015
Good place to work with work life balance and good peers.
Good Flexibility
Managers are good and listen to you.
I worked as a consultant.
Health insurance sucks.
Typical big corporation inefficiency
Telecommunications Support Magager (Former Employee), Columbus OHMay 19, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Just the typical problems you get with a huge company. Sometimes communication was difficult to accomplish even the most simple tasks. All in all, I enjoyed my time with FICO, I worked from home. They let me do my job and we were both happy.
Very good company to work for. Good benefits and environment.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: a lot of weekend work
Productive and fun. I have learned a lot of technical skills while working in this company. Work starts at 9-10 and ends at 6-7.
Management is supportive and fair. Co-workers are nice people.
The hardest part of job is to complete the builds on time. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with.
Mediocre
Analyst (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 3, 2015
Not very engaging, not much room for advancement. Management loves using buzzwords but not nearly involved enough in actually following through unless you are in specific groups.
NIce place to work
Visual Designer for E Marketing and UI (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Real team orientation, people taking care about people, very strong organization where, you feel as a part of them since first time you get there
Very nice Work Culture
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: very organized and open culture. flexible hours and open environment
Cons: i did not find any.
I worked as an Intern with the DMP Team. It was a really good experience. I would love to work with the team again.
Felt baseball
Project Manager, Senior Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAFebruary 28, 2014
saturated fat in a glass beaker nextdoor to a cat lady
Supposed infatuation
Desktop engineering Team
Windows Desktop Engineer (Current Employee), Roseville MNJanuary 23, 2014
Daily processes: is creating SCCM packaging AutoIT or PowerShell to deploy packages for either upgrading existing software, installing new software or patching vulnerabilities.

Projects include: creating PCI compliant environments, Migrating Exchange to a hosted solution, and implementing high security Network communications by collaboration with Networking team

Skills utilized:
Widows Server management
Creating Servers and Desktops in Virtual Environment (VM and Hyper-V)
SCCM 2007 and 2012, Managing, Servers, Packaging, Distributions point, Scope and boundaries.
Scripting in Powershell, VB, Basic, AutoIT
Dealing with High level issues and finding company wide solutions to Vulnerabilities.
Not at all what I expected-Annandale
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Annandale, VAApril 15, 2013
Pros: plenty of free time, quiet office
Cons: gossip, negativity, remote manager
I moved to VA and started working at the Annandale location. My manager was based in TX and almost never came to the office. She was very negative about the senior manager on-site and tended to gossip and undermine everyone including the senior manager that was HER boss. We were coached on what to say/complain about during meetings to create an atmosphere of negativity for everyone. So much drama created by one lady-especially since she created the drama over instant messenger most of the time.

I realized that this is not a position that has advancement potential. The constant tension between the TX-based manager trying to manipulate the local senior manager was really the worst experience I had-very unprofessional. No one seemed to talk about this but it was very obvious to me so I decided to look elsewhere.

The company also offered a work at home option for Fridays but took this day back from us explaining that the decision was "policy from above" despite the fact that our manager worked from her home every day in TX and failed to explain why the company allowed her to work from home.

Co workers were nice. Lots of free time-we weren't always busy. Many people surf internet or chat on cells during lulls since the manager is out of area. I found a better, more upwardly mobile position in DC with a substantial increase in salary with none of the weird politics @fico.

This would be an ok placeholder job to tide you over untill you find the real job you want elsewhere. This is not a place that will advance your career.
I loved working at FICO
Facilities Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNDecember 6, 2012
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: non
I was part of the Facilities team and helped orchestrate a major move of 3 offices to one location in Roseville, MN in November of 2012. I regret that the company was downsizing and I was a part of that reduction in force.
Fico has strong marketing analytics services
Director, Program Management (Current Employee), Arden Hills, MNSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: very good analytics
Cons: need marketing of accomplishments
New CEO and senior managers. Strong SMEs. Little marketing of accomplishments.
Seems like it used to be great.
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 12, 2012
Pros: offices for non-managers!
Cons: regular layoffs, reorgs, terrible bonus
Tons of busy work, incompetent middle management, no stability or sense of identity/purpose as an organization. Perhaps half of the work I produced was never used for anything, which was frustrating. The compensation was fair, slightly more than similar companies pay for the same role. Benefits slightly worse than similar companies. There was once an intellectual tradition at FICO, but it seems to have been lost a long time ago. Most of the brain trust has already left (or has been laid off), and frequent cuts have resulted in the organization becoming executive management-heavy, with a skeleton crew underneath.

About FICO

At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry – Read more

FICO Salaries