FICO Employee Reviews in United States

Always moving / changing
FACILITIES OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 1, 2015
Always moving and changing. They only care about the bottom dollar. They used to care about employees. The benefits are bad and the premiums high.
java developer - Good
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 30, 2015
java developer. Good company for learning and getting domain knowledge. Salary is good ... work culture is very good . mostly people work from home here . small project with clients and requirement are not clear.... so need good communication to get the proper requirements from clients and stack holders.
Fun Work Enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTFebruary 15, 2016
Social politics played a big role in promotional offers and advancement opportunities. Lead Agent failed to maintain professionalism
good people, products and technologies, but bad high-level management;
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 25, 2015
Great people, advanced technologies, good office culture;
But unwise arbitrary firings for the "cost cutting" reason destroyed several perfectly well functioning teams;
Pros
high quality people and good working ethitcs
Cons
too many mistakes have been made by the executive management, too many laid-offs, too much of bias toward office in Bangalor;
Good global experience
Global Sales Administrator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
Organization's benefits were excellent; very intense financial environment. Very driven and intense environment.The ability to work remote was a plus with the organization and I met a lot of interesting individuals.
Needs to move forward not circular
Director (Current Employee) –  Home-officeDecember 6, 2015
Change in management has put FICO back into "improvement" mode, which is good, however, many processes have existed in the past and just need to be re-instituted not re-invented. It is hard to watch the company travel in a circular path over and over with each leadership change.
Pros
Dedicated People
Cons
Not super Innovative
No review required
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2016
I don't provide reviews on employers without permission. This was a contract.

I was able to design the operation along side the upper management, and work from home.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Business Analytics Company with a fast paced environment
Product Support Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2015
The days start early and end late; as a global company with presence in multiple areas around the world, it is not uncommon having meetings starting 5am, while wrapping up the work day after midnight.
Very fast paced environment, with always changing priorities and goals.
Learned a lot about banking industry, fraud detection & management, customer relations, and technical skills.
Management team is interested in increasing stock price and eps,no matter the cost.
The team is diverse and mostly built of very capable and dedicated professionals, which are very focused on improving the products as well as the clients' relationships.
The job is extremely demanding, in hours, complexity, responsibilities and deliverables.
One of the best parts of the job is exposure to the latest technologies, in addition to working with industry lead and cutting edge business analytic and big data research.
Pros
Free snack; onsite gym and cafeteria.
Cons
Extremely demanding job
Seems like it used to be great.
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2012
Tons of busy work, incompetent middle management, no stability or sense of identity/purpose as an organization. Perhaps half of the work I produced was never used for anything, which was frustrating. The compensation was fair, slightly more than similar companies pay for the same role. Benefits slightly worse than similar companies. There was once an intellectual tradition at FICO, but it seems to have been lost a long time ago. Most of the brain trust has already left (or has been laid off), and frequent cuts have resulted in the organization becoming executive management-heavy, with a skeleton crew underneath.
Pros
offices for non-managers!
Cons
regular layoffs, reorgs, terrible bonus
Fico
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 13, 2015
FICO had a very nice work environment. I got to work with very awesome people. I got great experience in Data entry and Microsoft Excel.
Good place to work with work life balance and good peers
QA Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 3, 2015
Good place to work with work life balance and good peers.
Good Flexibility
Managers are good and listen to you.
I worked as a consultant.
Health insurance sucks.
Not at all what I expected-Annandale
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAApril 15, 2013
I moved to VA and started working at the Annandale location. My manager was based in TX and almost never came to the office. She was very negative about the senior manager on-site and tended to gossip and undermine everyone including the senior manager that was HER boss. We were coached on what to say/complain about during meetings to create an atmosphere of negativity for everyone. So much drama created by one lady-especially since she created the drama over instant messenger most of the time.

I realized that this is not a position that has advancement potential. The constant tension between the TX-based manager trying to manipulate the local senior manager was really the worst experience I had-very unprofessional. No one seemed to talk about this but it was very obvious to me so I decided to look elsewhere.

The company also offered a work at home option for Fridays but took this day back from us explaining that the decision was "policy from above" despite the fact that our manager worked from her home every day in TX and failed to explain why the company allowed her to work from home.

Co workers were nice. Lots of free time-we weren't always busy. Many people surf internet or chat on cells during lulls since the manager is out of area. I found a better, more upwardly mobile position in DC with a substantial increase in salary with none of the weird politics @fico.

This would be an ok placeholder job to tide you over untill you find the real job you want elsewhere. This is not a place that will advance your career.
Pros
plenty of free time, quiet office
Cons
gossip, negativity, remote manager
Very good company to work for. Good benefits and environment.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
Productive and fun. I have learned a lot of technical skills while working in this company. Work starts at 9-10 and ends at 6-7.
Management is supportive and fair. Co-workers are nice people.
The hardest part of job is to complete the builds on time. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
a lot of weekend work
Mediocre
Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 3, 2015
Not very engaging, not much room for advancement. Management loves using buzzwords but not nearly involved enough in actually following through unless you are in specific groups.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  PhoenixJune 23, 2015
Fun and friendly environment to work it. Love the team building environment, and learning new information every day. There are a lot of growth opportunities as well.
Typical big corporation inefficiency
Telecommunications Support Magager (Former Employee) –  Columbus OHMay 19, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Just the typical problems you get with a huge company. Sometimes communication was difficult to accomplish even the most simple tasks. All in all, I enjoyed my time with FICO, I worked from home. They let me do my job and we were both happy.
Desktop engineering Team
Windows Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Roseville MNJanuary 23, 2014
Daily processes: is creating SCCM packaging AutoIT or PowerShell to deploy packages for either upgrading existing software, installing new software or patching vulnerabilities.

Projects include: creating PCI compliant environments, Migrating Exchange to a hosted solution, and implementing high security Network communications by collaboration with Networking team

Skills utilized:
Widows Server management
Creating Servers and Desktops in Virtual Environment (VM and Hyper-V)
SCCM 2007 and 2012, Managing, Servers, Packaging, Distributions point, Scope and boundaries.
Scripting in Powershell, VB, Basic, AutoIT
Dealing with High level issues and finding company wide solutions to Vulnerabilities.
Very nice Work Culture
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I worked as an Intern with the DMP Team. It was a really good experience. I would love to work with the team again.
Pros
very organized and open culture. flexible hours and open environment
Cons
i did not find any.
NIce place to work
Visual Designer for E Marketing and UI (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Real team orientation, people taking care about people, very strong organization where, you feel as a part of them since first time you get there
Fico has strong marketing analytics services
Director, Program Management (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 10, 2012
New CEO and senior managers. Strong SMEs. Little marketing of accomplishments.
Pros
very good analytics
Cons
need marketing of accomplishments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FICO. Our community is ready to answer.