Fidelis Care Employee Reviews

Racist people
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  31 British columbia blvdFebruary 7, 2017
The worst place to work at... People from HR are really rude and racist.. Any complaint about people being bully and racist they do not care. I do not recommend it
Best place I've ever worked for. EVER.
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYFebruary 4, 2017
I'm coming up soon on my one year anniversary with Fidelis Care. I was originally hired for the Member Services department, but myself and the majority of my class were actually trained for the Authorizations department because a lot of help was needed there.

After spending over 15 years working in retail and trying to get out of it numerous times, I've finally found my "niche," if you will. I knew next to nothing about the mechanisms of the health insurance industry going in, but in less than a year I've learned a ton. Great schedule with no late nights or weekends (with the exception of optional overtime on Saturdays), and nine and a half holidays off each year! (The half day is Christmas Eve; only work 4 hours.) The compensation and benefits package is superb. And the training? My goodness! Never before was I trained so well for a job. Four weeks of very solid classroom and hands-on experience. You're always getting feedback from your supervisors, too, which helps you learn where you need to improve.

My only criticism is that some supervisors aren't quite as helpful or friendly as others. They certainly know their jobs, but they often give off this vibe of being bothered if you ask them for help. Then again, I think there are folks like that at every workplace. I've had the pleasure of working for some great sups.

So, yeah, all in all I think it's a great company to work for. Sure as heck beats retail! I'm looking forward to building a long-term career with Fidelis Care.
Pros
All I mentioned and more.
Cons
Some unhelpful supervisors.
stress place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 3, 2017
A company that micro-manages ,is very hard to move up unless you wok yourself very hard to please upper management. The work culture is very diverse but not too much interaction or having an environment that you feel to let your guard down. The hardest part of my job then having eyes watching your every moment. The most enjoyable leaving at 5pm. This is company that takes proud of giving back to the community through outreach and sales in order to enroll members into their program. They are located everywhere and are known for their quality of care initiative program. As far management so many people left or were fired is an revolving door. If you try to change process and procedures that you felt might have worked but did not favor in the best interest at the end of the day, you are likely to be fired. I did learned that micro- managing is not a place for all , if one deal with it then stay until the master says stop and if not well you better just start looking because it will make one miserably and unhappy person.
Pros
overtime for special project
Cons
no raise
Productive Company
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Fidelis is a good strong MLTC. My Supervisor was very knowledgeable and efficient which made my job easier because he has taught me a lot regarding the MLTC world.
Flexable
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Friendly environment

different things daily

fun

missing others that move up

flexible

I enjoy working here

on site lunch

refund on gym
Work with great people
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Fidelis is a good company to work for and they have great benefits. Certain dept are more overwhelming than others. Communication should have a greater part in the work place. I've always been organized but this place definitely teaches you organizational skill. Job description didn't really match what the job actually entails.
Do Not Recommend
Medical Professional (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Training is very disorganized, expectations of the job change almost daily. There is cultural bias, often people are promoted without positions being posted. The money they offer will definitely get you to accept a position, what you have to go through to earn your pay will never be worth it if you have a conscience and truly care about people. Upper management has their heads in their paychecks and not in supporting the nurses that run the company for them. Ask anyone who has worked for Fidelis - it won't be hard to find someone because people are leaving week after week.
Pros
The Money
Cons
What you have to do to get it
Nice
Workday Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
It was really nice working there
people there are very friendly
I learned a lot while working there
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
Great work environment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 31, 2016
I love working for Fidelis. They work with your life's hectic schedule and find a way for you to get hours. Unfortunately because it's a client based job it makes finding an apartment hard.
Overall review
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYDecember 30, 2016
The company overall has a great standard for its staff and members. It is a big company which can lead to a non family based atmosphere. The most difficult part of the job is the lack of communication within the departments and other departments as well.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
High turn overs
Excellent leader with innovative approaches and credible knowledge
Supervisor, Managed Long Term Care (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 23, 2016
Working behind the scenes to ensure those traditionally marginalized by the healthcare system, get high quality health care!
fast paced environment, life/work balance is difficult
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 18, 2016
Long hours are a mandatory assumption here, Perfect for someone with no children or other commitments in their life The best bunch of nurses I've ever worked with.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no lunches, breaks if you want to make your numbers
Inputting authorizations and being able to not talk on phone
Medical Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 28, 2016
Greetings from my coworkers.
Start my job by my production from previous work day.
Grab many authorizations from out Inbox fax box.
Start working and if any questions no one hesitates to assist me. Everyone is very friendly and open to help when needed. The hardest part is working on faxes that come over that you have to deny and call the provider/member to let them know the item has been denied. I enjoy getting the amount of work done in one day. The people and getting to listen to your music while inputting authorizations.
Pros
Listening to music on headphones
Cons
Not enough PTO and no vacation
if you are a worker it will be rewarded
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYNovember 12, 2016
Fidelis has grown tremendously in the past five years expecially so it is a busy company that you need to work hard but if you do it will be rewarded. It was exciting and rewarding to work there.
high paced
RN Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 23, 2016
responsible for 28 reviews daily. Very busy high stress atmosphere.
I enjoy working with the people I work with and the hardest part of the job is making the quota and finishing on time due to time sensitive material and decreased staffing.
Pros
I enjoy working with the people I work with
Cons
Present supervisor does not have adequate knowledge of the job.
Fun Enviroment, Very bad Manager of Talent Acquisition
N/A (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 7, 2016
Horrible Training, bad management but great possibilities to make money .Most of your qwork will be done behind the desk and then you will have no training on how to bring in business. Be prepared to be left on your own to die, but then expected to produce. Selling a brand new (55k-60k) corvette over the phone is fun. Expect long hours, fun employees, a great ceo but egotistical southern little boys club. Except for a handful of managers.
Pros
Money and most Management
Cons
VP of Talent brings down office raport, ver bad training program
Zero infrastructure, zero strategy
Professional (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Pros: Awesome Mission. Fantastic colleagues and peers. Good compensation. No weekends (for most) and no holidays.

Cons: Fidelis is about as dysfunctional as you can get. Rapid growth minus strategy and infrastructure will ultimately lead this company to implode. Complete insanity! Unrealistic expectations and metrics for staff. Executive management play favorites. It's just a fact and it's gross. Bullying is mainstream here and a way of life, starting with the CMO. He's an animal. Sit back and watch all the talent walk out the door. Seriously, think long and hard before considering a move to Fidelis.
Pros
Mission, compensation, peers, schedule
Cons
Hot mess
Productive, fun and goal oriented work environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  400 Crosspoint Parkway Getzville, NYAugust 23, 2016
-Receive and document members and provider inquiries coming through the call center or onsite visits. Phone inquiries are logged into the Facet phone log.

-Verify Member eligibility. Contact members/families due for recertification for Medicaid and Child Health Plus and assist them in retaining eligibility for appropriate coverage.
FidelisCare - rapidly growing managed care organization in NY
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 3, 2016
Co-workers were wonderful, rapid growth, heavy workload and difficult work life balance. High turnover in HR.

Be prepared for continual 'shifting sands'. With the rapid growth and high turnover, leadership's direction and focus can do a 180 quickly.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Work life balance
Not what I expected
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  getzville NYAugust 2, 2016
My manager is great, very understanding and accommodating. My team lead knows nothing at all which is frustrating. Strong presence of favoritism. Very little support. Calls are randomly scored and evaluations are based off of those scores. It is challenging when you have to walk around the whole floor to find someone to assist and then fail a call because that member waited on hold too long. Very few managers other than my own are willing to assist which is why everyone else's team members come to him, not so great for his team because then we have members waiting even longer and there goes another failed call. Other departments are rude especially when there is a need to transfer the call. It seems like now they just hire anyone. Sort of feels like high school, too many cliques. QA is a joke.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
short breaks, no employee support, rude employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelis Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9