Fidelis Care Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Service: top notch. Management...well.
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 18, 2016
My job at Fidelis was compiled of helping their insurance members with information about their accounts, inquiries about their benefits, premiums, etc.

I learned much about the insurance world; the insides, the outs, compliance regulations and management. The day to day experience for the most part was diligent and sometimes a strain on patience dealing with unruly members. However, the more than numerous times that I knew that the person I spoke with was satisfied, not only with the service and my knowledge, but also my upbeat attitude, it made the job worth it.

I resigned for reasons that I'd rather not discuss, but I do however appreciate what I did learn from them.
Pros
career-building information
Cons
less than stellar management, short breaks
Horrific place to work! No integrity.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYMarch 17, 2016
This is the most mismanaged place I have ever worked for. The organization is owned by a priest who is more interested in keeping the profits in his pocket than investing in a rapidly growing company. In order to get promoted here you need to be young, not qualified, working here under 1yr, and extremely friendly with upper management. This 6 billion dollar organization is being ran with minimal resources. Training is non existent. Employees are shown no appreciation, other than the holiday party, and there's no structure in the place and members suffer due to lack of staff so there cases get lost in translation and there is a high turn over of nurses. Unless your starving and homeless and in desperate need of a job, STAY AWAY! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Benefits
Cons
Management, work ethics, no integrity
Good place when your starting out in your career
Talent Acquisition Associate (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Good place when starting out in your career. Room for growth, fair compensation, tuition reimbursement offer multiple location and reasonable with time off. The hardest part of the job is finding parking.
Not what I expected
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  getzville NYAugust 2, 2016
My manager is great, very understanding and accommodating. My team lead knows nothing at all which is frustrating. Strong presence of favoritism. Very little support. Calls are randomly scored and evaluations are based off of those scores. It is challenging when you have to walk around the whole floor to find someone to assist and then fail a call because that member waited on hold too long. Very few managers other than my own are willing to assist which is why everyone else's team members come to him, not so great for his team because then we have members waiting even longer and there goes another failed call. Other departments are rude especially when there is a need to transfer the call. It seems like now they just hire anyone. Sort of feels like high school, too many cliques. QA is a joke.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
short breaks, no employee support, rude employees
Good luck!!
n/a (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJune 11, 2016
this company is extremely bias when it come to promotion, the work culture environment in member service is very hostile and on edge, your or constantly micromanage, short breaks, they force you to accept 50 cents increase when trying to move up with in the company, depending on the dept. sup or manager race and friends that will determine if you are promoted the Spanish stick with the Spanish the Russian stick with their own and so forth. the worst part is that its not even hidden. fiddles care is a place for people fresh out of high school. THE TRAVEL TO GET THERE IS AWFUL UNLESS IF YOUR LIVE IN QUEENS
Pros
benefit
Cons
pay, management
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJanuary 19, 2016
poor management, poor work/life balance, working for Fidelis 24/7, no personal life, a lot of travel. Co- workers is good.
Meh, It's a job.
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2016
I like their model of care, but like most healthcare companies, the execution is lacking for reasons beyond anyone's control.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Unless you're salaried, don't get sick too often--you don't get a bank of vacation time like other companies.
Worst company ever will send you to mental assylam.
QMA (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJune 11, 2016
Nightmare company with so much stress and very little pay. Management is a joke they have their favorites to get ahead you have to be Catholic since ceo is a rev/priest who has no idea about his employees only after making more money.
Pros
Location and pay check
Cons
Management, CEO, pay, over work.work and life balance non existing, mandatory overtime. Very unappreciated type mentality.
Lacking
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 25, 2016
I have never worked for a more unorganized, unstructured, no strategy, reactive company in my entire career. It is very unfortunate as the members they serve are the most needy. The Case Managers can't do their jobs because of lack of training and being unable to actually case manage. Fidelis executive management treats their middle management very poorly.
Pros
paycheck and coworkers
Cons
See below
Poor Management
Retention/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 31, 2016
Management is not skilled enough in this company to answer questions confidently.

When your looking for a new position you are better off applying outside of the company so your supervisor can't bad mouth you to the interviewing supervisor in the department of interest.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
only allowed 10 minutes total all day for bathroom breaks.
Great pay, work environment and setting, Poor Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Plenty of room for advancement, it's encouraged. Just watch out for any friends you make or who might want the job you're after. Was terminated based off of a social media account which was reported randomly.
Fun outside employment
Health Benefit Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 3, 2016
As an current employee for Fidelis Care is has it's up's and down's I feel strongly that management needs to take the time an invest into their current sale staff to help us generate more leads so we can crush the competition.
Pros
working outside
Cons
lack of support
cool place
Outreach Representative/Retention Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I worked there for 9 years it was great in the beginning but later management change and i began to be unhappy, hopefully things change back
Pros
flexable
Cons
management
Learned a lot but poor opportunity for advancement.
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Rego ParkDecember 30, 2014
I worked at Fidelis for five years and enjoyed my time there. But the opportunity for advancement into a supervisory, regulatory or management role was extremely poor. HR does not communicate well with employees about internal hiring decisions. The workplace is generally respectful. However, that depends on the department you are in. Then there are the hours. I worked too many 60+ hour weeks. If you have a family or are going to school in the evening, you may want to ask lots of questions concerning how they would accommodate your schedule.
Pros
great employees/co-workers
Cons
poor work/life balance; poor advancement opportunities
pleasant company to work for. very productive and motivating.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 30, 2016
there was no typical day for me. i learned to make myself engaged and focused. peaceful environment to work. employees were great and supportive.
Fidelis is a big managed care company that has proven itself in the industry.However they could do better in developping and giving the same opportuni
Medicaid Sales Representative/Outreach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2015
Problem with respect and promotion of minorities and or older fox. I left with a lot of hurt. and other colleagues feel the same way
good core of people
member service representative (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 30, 2015
good core of people , they have to improve on training. good benefits and work environment. basically spoke with medicaid members assisted with transportation to medical appointments.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
training
Challenging Work Environment
Clinical Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYApril 10, 2016
Fidelis Care has given me an extraordinary knowledge base of all types of health insurance including Medicare and Medicaid.
Overall culture is worthy for staying
Bilingual Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
My typical daily work is sitting at different clinics to promote Fidelis Care's products, to educate clients healthcare programs accordingly, to renew Medicaid and Child Health Plus, to enroll them with Obamacare insurance, and to provide them professional healthcare services. Do home visits couple times during the week. Meet weekly sales goal.
I like this job is because it's healthcare, it helps people fundamentally by providing health insurance. I enjoy talking to different people everyday and also get along well with them.
But because Fidelis separate teams based on your major language, so basically my major clientele is Chinese, the management as well. I want to work at a position is more dynamic and could blend into different culture so that I will be benefited from.
Pros
relaxing
Cons
carry heavy equipment everyday
Good work environment
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYApril 12, 2016
Good place to work. You can learn a lot. Nice environment. Lots of team work. Setting goals, Volunteer work is fun with group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelis Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9