Fidelis Care

Fidelis Care Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Provider Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: part time
Great place to work i should've never left great pay good work life balance.
Better than than my last insurance company
Marketing rep (Current Employee), NyJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good ethical environment, pay was better than last company
Cons: commissions are capped, incentive plan is confusing
It is not for profit so they don't spend as much on advertising and marketing, but they still managed to have huge growth this year. I like my supervisor, I know what I need to do so I have no problems with anyone. Seems like the people that are bitter are the old employees that are mad the industry is changed and they can't adjust to it. I think a – more... lot of the newly hired staff are moving this company forward. I have been here more than 2 years, management is better than my last company - where they were nasty and incompetent. I have recommended fidelis to my old coworkers - it is a better organization to work for and is less stressful. – less
This company is HORRIBLE
member sevices (Former Employee), rego parkMay 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: hostile environment, no real break, fired with no warning, 4 month probation period
I worked there 3 months and it was Miserable. you receive a 10 minute break per day to use the restroom but thats it. The team leaders or senior reps are more helpful than the rude supervisors who act as if your bothering them if you ask a question and all REFUSE to take calls from irate members asking to speak with supervision. Their computer system – more... is the dumbest thing in creation having 20 different tabs to verify information, such as payments and such. Many members have frustration having paid premiums with no active accounts, never receiving resolutions for problems 30 days later, member services is a dumping ground for EVERYTHING. miserable place to work BEWARE – less
Not a people friendly place
Member Services (Former Employee), Getzville, NYMay 9, 2014
Pros: good pay, growing comp
Cons: not cafe, no gym (health comp), expensive benefits
I like the job and the company is growing but I hope that they take some time out to make it more enjoyable to work there.
Good pay and benefits for the Buffalo, NY area
Director, IT (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
Pros: good pay. very nice, clean offices
Cons: expected to work 60-80 hour work weeks. always on call 24/7
The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradeship developed between the mid-tier and lower level management teams and working relationship I had with my direct reports.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant change in priorities, scope creep, high demands from the business with little support from IT Executive leadership.
Great Mission - Rough Times in IT
IT (Current Employee), Getzville, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: great pay, great oppertunities ahead - and i mean great oppertunities for those new joining the company.
Cons: lack of experienced staff.
Growth has certainly taken it's toll on the IT department. There is a lot to get done. With the loss of key staff and the over whelming addition of so many new staff there is a lot of training that is needed and not many to give it. The department will get better, it just needs time to find its feet again. This would definitely go smoother if more people – more... with healthcare and Facets experience were hired.

There is more work than we currently have in experience to get it done. Management likes to micro manage time, however it is without leadership and direction for the tasks needed to get done. Some Directors and some above them just don't know how to give it. This stems from a lack of knowledge as to what it takes to get the job done and just poor management skills. – less
Hectic work environment with high stress
Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: mobile, rewarding
Cons: inconsistent, stressful
Job is constantly moving and hours can be flexible. Production goals are set and not very attainable. 80% is considered successful but not eligible for incentive increases.
Learn a great deal
QM Certified Medical Coder (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great chance to learn a skill that not to many people have
Cons: no traning for position
Code for the risk adjustment project for HCC. Started this position from scratch with no assistance. Former heads in 2012 was great to work for then new hires.
Basic call center position with room for growth
MEMBER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYMarch 6, 2014
Fidelis Care NY is a Health Care Call Center that has your basic call center set up I enjoyed my time there,and now I'm ready to take the things I learned there and use them in furthering my career.
Great Work Environment and good people
Mailroom associate/File room associate (Former Employee), Amherst, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Deliver incoming mail sort outgoing mail, run mail machines, and shipping & receiving database
Nice place to work at
Enrollment Supervisor, Rego Park (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Understand the many ways a managed care plan performs and work
Productive caring enviorment
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long commute
Fidelis care was a great company to work for plenty of oppurtunity for growth and learning experience.
The best part of my job was knowing that I helped people in need.
Senior Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: ability to help people in need
Cons: excessive driving
My typical day consisted of driving to client's homes or marketing sites and assisting low income families with completing and submitting health insurance appications.
I was responsible for screening my clients for eligiblity and setting my own appointments.
A great place for learning
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Excellent Co-workers.
great place for learning. You get to make the difference where it counts, with our customers.
Too Much work Under Payed.
Provider Call Center Rep (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2013
The place is a good job, But the poor management needs improvement
Overall Good Learning Expirence
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 18, 2013
A great job for learning customer service, and patience. Management not always available to help, but try to respond to questions. Coworkers have their own culture. Hard part is not being able to help those that you would like to. At the end of the day though you help many people which is its own reward.
Good experience for starters
Behavioral Health Associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYNovember 21, 2013
Great company to get experienced and good team work from co-workers.
Fedelis Care New York., gave me the opportunity to be a Supervisor of 10 representative.
Medicaid Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2013
A typical day was running all over the place to meet and provider all they needed to do their job.
Great
Eligibility Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great people to work with. Great Environment. Co-workers are very nice and are like a family.
Opportunities to learn in many aspects of health insurance industry.
Incentives is determinate by quarterly quota.
Excellent working experience
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYOctober 8, 2013
Pros: easy going work environment
Cons: not always room for advancement
I was at this company for over 3 years. A typical day consisted of Quality Assuring electronic ACCESS NY health insurance applications. Associates were distributed these applications by working in a queue. Over the 3yrs I worked for this company, I dabbled in many different facets of the Enrollment Department. I learned the clerical/administrative side – more... as well as taking on the role as an Enrollment Associate. Management was often very easy to work with. They were very understanding and made them self available to discuss your needs. The co-workers were helpful as well. The hardest part of the job for me is that I learned to quickly and wanted more responsibilities. The most enjoyable part was being able to gain a vast knowledge of the Health Insurance field. – less

1 2 3

About Fidelis Care

From its origin in 1993 as the Catholic Health Services Plan of Brooklyn and Queens, Inc., Fidelis Care has grown -- both in the – Read more