Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews in United States

Teamwork and quality
Customer Service/Outbound Processing (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 27, 2016
I work in the Outbound Processing Department, which is being outsourced so hence me leaving, but I have enjoyed coming to work every day. It's a pleasant, friendly atmosphere where everyone works together to get the end product out each day. One of my favorite things is the fact that I know everyone in my chain-of-command all the way to the Executive Vice President. They all have an open door policy and are on the workroom floor regularly so they know people by name. And they are very forthcoming with appreciation and praise. Am truly going to miss this place.
Pros
Each shift has a 'Fun Team' and activities are planned regularly
Good Company
Financial Advisor Services (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIApril 20, 2016
I have worked for Fidelity for almost 10 yrs and my overall experience with management is great. Fidelity provides a tremendous amount of resources for skill development and education. Most units/companies at Fidelity have top notch training. Some do not have any training at all...it is on the job. Most of managers listened to suggestions with value and acted on them quickly. Change does happen. Overall a good company.
Pros
Privately owned, innovative, opportunities to develop. great reputation
Cons
Your manager can control your destiny in the company. Not the hiighest paying, the culture between different Fidelity companies or units can be very different
Great benefits. Great people.
Brokerage Operations and Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 9, 2016
Pay isn't great, because they offer exceptional benefits. Being younger, these benefits may not make sense to you or help you out. Work schedule flexibility is available but still strict on how flexible they will go. Management is great and understanding but may have just been my luck. Constant learning, but they will hold you back from some things to make sure you stay longer and don't move elsewhere. Promotion is hard due to how big the company is, but you can move laterally or into other departments pretty easy. Overall great but down points for me was flexibility of schedule, pay, and promotion. Everything else was great.
fun people to work with
Financial associate- Health and Welfare (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 22, 2016
Its a call center so you take lots of calls based on the department you are in as to how busy you are. They offer lots of overtime during the fall and winter months then during spring and summer off voluntary unpaid time off. On busy days they do nice little things for the employees to show they are appreciated. There is lots of change whether its a new manger every 2 months or moving to a new desk ever 4 months.
Pros
healthcare, appreciation
Cons
busy times, constant change
Great place to work deepening on the business unit
Senior Derivatives Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 3, 2016
All my co-workers and I have a good relationship. We often get together after work. The benefits that Fidelity offers are incredible, I haven't heard of another company that comes close. When it comes to the work, it depends on what business unit you're in. The unit I have been in for almost 5 years is known to be very difficult and stressful. A lot of long days.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Location
Cons
Long hours, dated technology/applications
Typical Work Day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 11, 2016
I would like to sum it up by saying the training was on hands, the co-workers were very helpful .I ran different machinery depending on the work that had to be done first for the day. The challenging part was making sure the proper postage and pallet tag was right for each job .The mgmt. were very on hands with any issues we would have or questions. We had a Fun Comm. that would come up with different activites each mth.
Pros
Lunches and rewards plus gift cards
Cons
Last minute ot would be asked at the end of shift
Fidelity Investments' National Financial End User Support Role
Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIApril 4, 2016
Typical day take 20 calls and process 30 emails

I learned that "Team work makes the Dream work"

Mgmt tends to be hands-off when it comes to training and quality control

Co-workers are usually over-achievers who work hard

Hardest part of job is dealing with ramifications of mgmt's lack of training and quality control

Most enjoyable part of job is we can work from home up to 3 days/week; great benefits including 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, bonuses and student loan payoff assistance
Pros
Great work/life balance; benefits; beautiful campus and workspace
Cons
Hard to move up if you dont know someone; Mgmt pushes work on Associates outside job description
Excellent
Full Trader (Current Employee) –  West Lake, TXMarch 29, 2016
Fidelity is the best company that I have ever worked for. The culture is amazing, supportive, and caring. The company cares about your career goals and job advancement the moment they interview you. I've learned about leadership and emotional intelligence. My manager is very attentive but gives me autonomy and allows me to be me. The hardest part of the job is learning the finance industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the finance industry.
Great benefits and environment - Not much advancement opportunity
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXApril 11, 2016
Fidelity has great benefits with a 7% matching 401k and 10% salary profit sharing. Their base salary is a bit low but they try to make up for it through a fixed bonus structure. Associates at 15%, Seniors 20%, Managers getting 25%, Directors 30% and VP and above at 35+%. They also give out private stock that matures yearly at an internal NAV around $100/share. Fidelity works hard to create a pleasant working environment. Main drawback with Fidelity is that their isn't much room for growth after a certain point No one ever retires from Fidelity prior to 40 years of service it seems...so it makes it hard to have open opportunities and mobility once you get to a Director level.
Benefits
Cons
Growth opportunity
Awesome company with lots of recognition and advancement.
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 20, 2016
Fidelity has been really good to me and everyone else on my team. It's a great atmosphere and so far all my managers have been amazing. They have incredible benefits, and if you work hard, you'll see a lot of growth and movement. Some people do burn out being on the phones a lot, but there are chances to do different things. I've been there 6 months and already got 2 promotions. They really care about your ideas and success. If you ever have a problem with something, just talk to a manager and they will really do what they can to fix it.
Pros
Outstanding benefits, good pay, fun place to work, they listen to your suggestions
Cons
Tiring work sometimes, hours not flexible sometimes, training doesn't cover everything you may need to learn
This company was a good place to work they offered a cafeteria, but there was no social events.
Phone Associate for Fidelity Investments (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 21, 2016
I would work with people on their 401k. I would help with withdrawals and loans. Also update any current information including address updates, bank updates, phone number etc.
I learned a lot about how the 401k plan works.
Management was good. They always helped with the calls made sure you were giving correct information.
There was not much interaction with the co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was making sure amounts were correct, just double checking your work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact you did not work on weekends and got all the back holidays.
Pros
There were not really any pros to the job, they did have a cafeteria.
Cons
There were really no cons to the job, it was a very serious job.
One of the best companies in Financial/ Banking space to work with
Systems Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 13, 2016
This company has a great working culture; you get varied opportunities to work on multiple areas and lead from the front on the tasks that you take
If you want to strengthen your business and technical acumen, this is the place to be
Challenging because i had the chance to work on full stack, but enjoyable at the same time
Rodent Wheel
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
Call center - answering phones with limited advancement opportunities. If you like to run on a wheel like a rodent, this is a good job for you. Candy bars and jeans days are the motivational tools along with birthday cake every two weeks. Employees are treated like children. Extreme micro-management with layer upon layer of managers covering their butts all day long. It's a place to get your licenses and move on. BTW - licensing program is a 6-week intensive cram session - your life will be completely on-hold during this time. The benefits program is strong, but you need to stay 5-years to be fully vested on the match. Life is way too short for a career with this company.
Pros
Paid licensing program - good benefits
Cons
Micro management, treated like children with candy bars, jeans days & extra 15-minute breaks as motivational tools
The Company that sells dreams.
Web Authentication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXFebruary 13, 2016
The company claims to be transparent. This would be fine except they usually don't have a single clue as what they are doing. The expectations and the reality are at opposite ends of the spectrum. There is no such thing as management considering all they really do is listen to calls and approve time cards. You are not promoted by how well you do what you do, but rather how much you are willing to make the right people feel good about themselves. It's a company that will sell you a dream and when its time to cash in, turn their backs on you.
Pros
They have a nice campus and a health-conscious cafeteria.
Cons
Very cold and controlled environment. Very Cult-like.
Decent company
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 20, 2016
Management does not treat employees very fair on a lot of things but pays well and has good benefits. I liked the hours and some of the people I worked with but was frustrated that they never made me perm or moved me up after working so hard.
Pros
nice hours, weekends off
Cons
short lunch break, management never really knew what they were doing, disorganized, lots of favoritism.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMarch 17, 2016
On a typical day at Fidelity you would show up to work 10 before your shift and get all of the software up and ready for the day, then you would sign in for the phones and take anywhere from 40 - 60 calls a day depending on the call flow.
Pros
How to manage your time wisely.
Cons
No time in between calls to finish anything from last call before the next one came in.
ui developer
Senior Front-end Developer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 1, 2016
As a UI (User Interface) Developer, you understand the language of computer code. Your skill and creativity allows you to turn computer code into language, visuals and graphics that can be easily understood by the user. Your job is to reduce user friction with the interface by determining flow patterns, how a program might be used and how best to design and place features to accommodate a user-friendly interface.
You work in an office setting, at a desk or workstation, and for a variety of industries. Your workweek is full time but sometimes deadlines call for overtime. Generally, you report to an IT department supervisor or manager..
Good Company but no opportunities for advancement
Senior Defined Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 6, 2016
Good Company but no opportunities for advancement. Also great benefits. This company doesn't allow for you to train to advance yourself. they prefer you already have knowledge. therefore getting started there is fine but you have to leave to get experience in a desired field then come back for promotion.
Brand new opportunity for everyone involved
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2016
A start up division at Fidelity Investments to begin to distribute mutual funds through the broker/dealer industry. Came with its challenges mostly due the timing - Just before the 500 point correction in 1987.
Pros
Relocation to San Francisco
Cons
Limited investment opportunities for my clients
Good stepping stone in career
Title Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2016
This was one of my 1st real jobs and it was definitely a unique experience. Disorganized company, very political, dysfunctional and totally unprofessional. I definitely learned a lot and this job was a stepping stone in my career, but a chapter of my work life I'm glad is gone.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
no advancement, no bonuses