Fidelity Investments

1.3K reviews

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

High energy fast paced work environment that promotes awards and recognition of employees with quality processes and high expectations.
Mail Messenger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, KyNovember 6, 2013
A typical day of a CDS associate requires on average 18,000 steps per day. We would start our day by receiving and reconciling on average 3,000 envelopes and 180 packages from different couriers like UPS, FedEx, and DHL. We did this with RF Scanning equipment linked with our shipping and receiving program SendSuite. The envelopes were sorted then scanned to their designated groups, and delivered close by to labeled racks to be processed accordingly. The packages were received, reconciled, and routed, using the same RF Scanning equipment and SentSuite program before being loaded onto carts put into vans, and delivered in bulk to designated administrators. Management appointed each associate designated building rotations using a weekly schedule coupled with a consistent daily pick up and drop off time of 11AM, 2PM, and 4PM. Management would also make sure one associate stayed back in the central location to answer phones, do research, and meter mail that amounted on average to 5,000 pieces per day. Packages and Mail picked up from each building were scanned upon pickup, sorted into designated bins marked by courier, reconciled again for tracking purposes at the central location then sorted by courier placed on skids to meet the 5PM daily shipment requirement.

During my career at Fidelity I learned how to conduct myself in a corporate environment. I also learned how to use RF Scanning equipment, and computer programs linked to it. I learned how to constructively criticize my peers, myself, and my management team. It was my first 8AM to 5PM job and because of this I have learned
  more... dependability, responsibility, and humility working beside the same people day in and day out. This was also the first time I worked with a team of people rather than individually. Knowing I had a united front of diligent workers behind me made me realize how important and efficient a cohesive team environment can be. My favorite and most rewarding part of the job was the rewards and recognitions programs Fidelity offered. I was able to award my teammates as well as other individual in different departments, receiving awards wasn’t so bad either. The most difficult part of the job was around the holidays when business partners and customers would send gifts to associates working at Fidelity. On average in November and December our incoming mail volumes doubled which made for a physically demanding day that challenged the might of our CDS associates and the processes we performed.  less
Pros
reward & recognitions programs
Cons
working as a temporary associate
Great company with strong core values and family first mentality.
Work Group Lead IV (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 30, 2012
The customer is always first - Our customers have to be able to trust us with complete faith to manage and help secure their financial futures. Our business is based on developing long-term relationships built on this trust. The way to build those relationships is by doing the right thing for our customers every single time. This is not only the right thing to do ethics-wise; it's the right thing to do business-wise. Our founding principle six decades ago, it rings as true today.

Respect for employees and respect for each other - We must always be a company of good, decent people who treat each other as they would want to be treated. Just as we are dedicated to building long-term relationships with our customers, we are a company built on relationships with each other - relationships within groups, across departments and business units, and increasingly across time zones, geographies, and cultures. Respecting these relationships is at the very core of how we must behave as people and as an organization.

Integrity and honesty above all - Acting with integrity and honesty goes to the very essence of everything we do for our customers, and also to our respect for each other. Cutting a corner; not adhering strictly to the laws, regulations and ethics that govern our company; or not giving your best effort, tarnishes the company and, therefore, each of us. At the end of the day, integrity and honesty are what our company's name means, and that should mean everything to us.

A hunger for innovation and improvement - Fidelity has always been at its best when it's looking forward,
  more... innovating, and trying new things. While we're always looking for the next big idea, the countless little things we can do each day to improve a product, a service, or a process, - kaizen, in other words - is at least as important. At Fidelity, ideas come from everywhere, not just from the top. So every bit as essential to coming up with a way to improve what we do is listening to those making the suggestions.

Winning and competitiveness - Winners by just about any measure, we've become the successful company we are by adhering to our values. Size, profitability, growth - characteristics of our company for decades - are all important underpinnings for continued success.
Pros
culture
Hard working in a service orientated atmosphere
Margin Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day involves approving high net worth transaction. In the approval process, I need to make sure the transaction was loaded correctly and is going to the correct account. The signature needs to be analyzed and verified and the paperwork must be dated. I will do 250 in a typical day. I will also issue house calls, especially when the market goes down. Accounts also get looked at for any trading restrictions or violations. I am also involved in corrective banking procedures such as unauthorized direct debits and errors on checks. Correspondence regarding all these issues happens all day through phone and email. A day will usually include 50 phone calls.

I would say I learned to successful in customer service. I always thought customer service was overrated, but being in this role made me realize how valuable it is. People appreciate being treated right, and when you do, they come back the next time. And this is how relationships and contacts are formed.

The management at my company are first class in every way. Employee engagement is a huge focus area and senior management is always interested to hear from the associates regarding any issue.

My co-workers are very good at what they do. They know so much about margin and have a lot of experience. We are considered the "go-to" department whenever an issue cannot be resolved.

The hardest part of the job is handling multiple requests at once. Being in this role has made me a better multi-tasker. So many times in the day, I will be working on an approval, while reading an email, picking up the phone, getting instant messaged,
  more... and a co-worker asking for assistance. Getting to all the issues seems impossible sometimes, but by prioritizing and managing my tasks, I never miss any.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making the clients happy. Going above and beyond is what our company is all about, but even hearing the happiness of a customer on a very simple issue brings a smile to my face.
Customer Support/Call Center
Customer Support Specialist - 401(k) and pension (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 15, 2012
A pathway into Fidelity, but many layers will prevent rapid advancement. For advancement, managers seemed only to focus on experience/roles within Fidelity, and to give little/no weight to actual skills/potential or past experience - high achieving individuals may spend entire careers trying to advance to what seems to be the immediate next career step.

What I learned: Very good introduction 401k/Pension benefits administration and Fidelity computer systems via extended training. Great opportunity to learn about typical 401k/Pension plan rules across multiple plans.

Management: Coaching/mentoring was very disappointing - seemed to be after increasing their own statistics in order to help advance their individual careers. Did not seem to apply rational logic, instead seemed to be self-serving and "drinking the Kool-Aid." You must adhere to "The Fidelity Way" in order to advance - excellent for those who can play company politics and "suck up," but not good for those who actually want to improve process, be objective, and simply do the right thing.

Managers mis-represented individuals during a pitch to a Fortune 500 prospect, substituting managers for individual call center reps during a visit by employees from the potential client. I did contact the Ethics hotline, but was very disappointed after their investigation basically absolved (named) involved parties.

Several employees confidentially stated that Fidelity in past years/decades was a much better place in which to work. Hubris (excessive pride) and too many management layers seem to hold back high-potential individuals
  more... at this point in its evolution.

Nice name to have on your resume, but better to be "ex-Fidelity" than "current Fidelity." That said, be careful about your next career steps post-Fidelity.
Pros
very good initial industry training, nice cafeteria (in marlborough, ma)
Cons
self-serving managers, minimal meritocracy, poor coaching/mentoring
Think twice before you apply
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 25, 2012
The Fidelity office in Durham office has a hiring quota agreement with the city in return for tax advantages. The agreed hiring quota far exceeds business needs. Fidelity manages to meet the quota, yet at the same time, save their budget by making sure that employee turnover is pretty high in this office. Instead of spreading in-coming calls evenly among associates, they create separate work units called MU's. A particular MU receives ALL incoming calls with other MU's receiving only spill over workload. As a result, people quit constantly in the overloaded MU who are then replaced by newly recruited associates.
Other questionable business practices also exist in this office. People are randomly given additional reponsibilities or promotions with the promise that they will receive increased pay commensurate with their added duties. Months later, promoted employees are still waiting for their increased pay. The excuse by management is that they are still waiting to see if you can actually do the job. Instead of a salary increase, they try to placate these employees by decreasing their workload by dumping their duties on the overloaded MU. This is a widespread practice throughout this office. They also hire people at level I and give them Level III duties once you are in the job with Level I pay.
Because of the widespread unemployment situation employees grit their teeth and put up with the situation until they can find another job. In my experience with local and international organizations, I have never seen such dishonest business practices as witnessed in this office. It is
  more... truly regrettable that organizations can actually get away with such behavior right here in the United States.
You will constantly see numerous job ads by this office but think twice before you apply.
Great company to work for, 99% of the time.
Fixed Income Specialist / Technology Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJanuary 23, 2014
Very large private company that, for the most part, is very employee oriented. 99% of everyone I worked with and for were fantastic people and genuinely supportive and encouraged growth within the company. Found myself working for that 1% towards the end of my career which, compounded with my job relocating to North Carolina, led me to separate from the company. Initially accepted the relocation package but ultimately decided that the management structure I was working for was not supportive of my career growth, and in addition to my wife and I becoming pregnant, decided not to relocate. Because I reneged on my decision, I forfeited any and all severance benefits. I worked hard to the scheduled end, and after 12 loyal years at Fidelity, I was shown the door with barely a pat on the back and zero severance pay (would have been 2 weeks for each year of service, plus bonus, plus profit sharing, plus benefits).

Negativity aside, I loved my time at Fidelity, loved the culture of Fidelity, and was proud to say that I worked for such a great company. I had envisioned myself working for the company for my entire career, and was loyal to the end. My separation from the company was unique to me, and was an anomaly that executive management was unwilling to bend the policy to accommodate.

If the right opportunity presented itself at Fidelity, I would strongly consider working there again.
Pros
competitive pay, treat employees well, lots of unique benefits, continuously improves employee experience & opportunities, strong ethical standards.
Cons
many policies set in stone without consideration to individual employee situations, loyalty is not always rewarded, very competitive and sometimes political internal advancement and mobility, strict & methodical salary grades.
Stay away unfair mgmt practices
Financial Associate 1 Defined Benefits (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle ParkJanuary 26, 2015
If you get hired on for Defined Benefits over Defined Contributions you are immediately placed in a position that leaves little room for advancement. There is no road map for your career and little mgmt support in this area. My Manager said it was up to me to get out there and network, well that is hard to do when you are on the phone receiving call after call. The expectations are high and the pay is low. They say your pay is based on benefits more so then your hourly wage.

They would launch events and tell you to use your resources. On the day of the event you would look for the resources and they would not be there leaving you to scramble to figure things out with your peers. If your manager was around, which on the first day they typically are not, I guess their off hiding, don't bother asking them a question because they would have no answers. Then the calls come in one after another and the management team is trying to figure things out on the fly. Very poor planning. I was amazed by this, you would think a big financial company that has these events would be prepared, think again! Way too much grey to figure out on your own.

I was terminated for hanging on to phone calls to try to educate myself. I received zero progressive discipline or writes up and when I told my boss I would escalate on him on an issue I was essentially backed doored for hanging on a call. This seems to be a common practice for the mgmt with out them following their own discipline process. Shady practice. If they stuck with firing everyone that hung on a call there would be no employees in the building
  more... everyone would be fired. So as far as the companies values and integrity is concerned it is laughable. I would never recommend anyone work there or invest a penny with them.  less
Pros
they have starbucks??
Cons
management practices
I love making a difference in the customer's life
Retirement Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 17, 2014
A typical day of me working as a call center representative is mainly being on the phone all day long, call after call. There are three breaks throughout the day, otherwise you have your headset on and are talking to customers.

This job has given me the opportunity to no longer be shy, and improved my communiation skills significantly. I have grown so much from this, is has impacted my life inside and outside of work, and I am very grateful for this.

Management is great and they treat you like family. My co-workers and I always help each other out when the other is in need, be it questions or shift swaps, we are truly there for each other.

The hardest part of my job is more and more is being added to my job role, with no pay increase, and limited time to learn. I am not interested in being a financial representative, I am interested in helping the customer with all their needs, as the job originally started as. More breaks are needed throughout the day, to be able to get up from our desks and away from the phone for a little.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in people's lives. I am there for the customers and go above and beyond my job role for the customers. Incoming call centers are not expected to do customer call backs, however I will for a customer that is in need or only wants to speak with me (ie. watching to make sure their paperwork was approved for a hardship situation and calling them back after checking their account). Customers notice how patient and passionate I am for helping them and on a regular basis ask to speak with my manager.
  more... I don't do it for the recognition, I do it because I want to be that person that makes an impact on people, and their lives.  less
Pros
wonderful management and people to work with
Cons
not enough breaks or time to learn added job responsibilities
Fast paced environment with great benefits. Bonuses are great.
Sr. Technology Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 29, 2013
• Performed annual risk analysis of user access to non-public Holdings, Trades and Research fund information to ensure that the access is appropriate and eliminated any access that was no longer required. This was accomplished by working with the Business Contact responsible for the resource.
• Performed research and presented evidence of annual Access Appropriate To Role reviews for any internal or external Audit inquiries. These Audit inquiries were random samplings to ensure our team was in compliance with Enterprise standards.
• Created user and service accounts within Active Directory and UNIX for production support and for running batch jobs.
• Wrote various process and procedure documents for all team members, new and old.
• Processed Arrow (an internal application to Fidelity that provides an approval flow for requests and provisions the access automatically after all approvals are provided) access requests for internal and external FMR clients. The access granted is to internal resources in order for users to perform their job functions and responsibilities.
• Created user accounts on the AS400 Trading platform for business users to perform trading and compliance functions. Accounts are also created for production support personnel.
• Managed UNIX and Windows admin passwords with Cyber-Ark Vault software
• Experience working with Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and MS Project
• Subject Matter expert on AS400 account and AS400 role creations. Managed the Firecall Access program within ARROW and AS400. Firecall access is temporary resource access granted to developers
  more... and production support personnel on a 24 hour basis  less
Pros
benefits are outstanding
Mobile Application Developer
Mobile App Developer, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 2, 2014
• Around 9 years of Information Technology experience in designing and developing high-end Web Applications and enterprise Mobile application.
• 7 years of experience in Web Application Development using C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET.
• 2 years of Mobile Application Development using HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
• Extensive experience in .NET, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET and JavaScript.
• Experience in gathering customer requirements and functional requirements and strong knowledge of the full software development life cycle (SDLC) with those requirements with strategically designing and implementing the software, debugging, fixing and maintaining the software.
• Complete understanding of Object-Oriented design patterns.
• Expert in making efficient use of Interface Builder in building Applications.
• Experience in PhoneGap/Cordova native features.
• Experience in Single page application development
• Experience in working with various data parsing forms such as JSON, XML to dynamically display data on mobile devices like Android, IPhone, IPad, windows 8 app.
• Knowledge of various APIs such as Google Map, Twitter, Facebook APIs.
• Knowledge of various mobile UI frameworks like Backbone, Angular JS, JQuery Mobile.
• Experienced with SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005.
• Strong algorithm design, analysis and implementation skills. Experience in analyzing complex business requirements, creating relevant use cases, and process flow for architectural and conceptual analysis.
• Quick learner, highly motivated, flexible, and quality conscious with excellent communication skills. Eager to meet new challenges
  more... and quickly grasp new technologies, skills, concepts, and ideas  less
Great entry-level job to further you into a career
Senior Fund Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 27, 2012
A typical day at work would be to come in bright and early depending on what group you're in and you come in and get seated in your cubicle and get to work on the mutual funds assigned to you. Typically, everyone in the group has between 6-8 funds and you're responsible for all of the activity on the fund for the given day you're working on it. Once you're don prepping the fund that belongs to you, you go on to review the work of other co-workers and their funds to make sure they were processed correctly. Once that's done, you send the fund for finalized pricing and then upper management signs off on the fund and you're done for the day.

I learned how to navigate different systems used by a company. This can become very useful as different companies use different programs and you have to be able to get used to learning them and all the quirks about them so you can become more efficient. This allows you to move along your day quicker and gives you the ability to solve your own issues on the funds rather than ask the help of senior management. Being able to do this will give you an upper hand when it comes to management evaluating you and it could give you the means necessary to help out your fellow co-workers if it's needed. Co-workers are very important in this job role. You work closely together everyday and issues on funds can be similar across the board with each worker, so if you know the resolution you can help one another out. This builds team unity and ultimately a positive flow within the group dynamic.
Pros
benefits/401k plan, work/life balance
Cons
healthcare is a tad expensive
You work hard, but you do get rewarded
When I left I was a Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2015
I started working at Fidelity as an admin assistant, and I took advantage of on-job training, classes and opportunities offered, and moved into IT and became a software engineer. Education is encouraged at all levels.

Fidelity is a rapidly changing environment, with lots of opportunity, but you have to be your own advocate. Working there is hard: I was laid off for a short while and working at other firms almost seemed like I was hardly working! The compensation and benefits are generous - and the employer match for the 401 K meant I saved 10% of my salary annually and invested it in the stock market. I learned more than just my job - I learned how to invest, how to manage my time, how to plan for future success, how to deal with many different personalities, how to track relevant metrics, how to position communications for different audiences. It wasn't all hard work, there were employee events, lunches, off site meetings, special discounts on entertainment events, etc. And of course an annual holiday party for all employees...

Fidelity was always trying new things to reward and engage their employees. Because the company is so large, you could work in different sub companies and have different experiences. You could look internally and transfer to a new job in a different part of the company, and yet not leave Fidelity. One caveat - do NOT work here if you don't like change! Reorganizations happen frequently, along with change of approach or focus.
Pros
has excellent benefits and perks, many different jobs offer much opportunity
Cons
High expectations can be very stressful
Ability to motivate and others and myself, which caused me to transition through other positions.
Customer Service Rep, In-Team Trainer, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TexasOctober 21, 2014
I began working for Fidelity Investments, SW in Las Colinas, Texas as a customer service representative. I was working the evening shift for some time, but due to my dedication to the team in getting the job done, no matter what the cost; I was moved to the day shift to motivate others around me. I was slowly being given managerial responsibilities by my manager who was mentoring me to be her replacement. I was given the opportunity to become a team trainer on new programs, polices and procedures, etc. to my team in the Transfer of Assets Department. Due to my success as a trainer within my group I was asked to teach 600 representatives in our Southwest Center on quality initiatives. Given my success in training, it allowed me to quickly transition to Team Leader under the direction of Manger. As a Team Leader I was the go-to person for direction on any problem that representatives may have been having in processing requests for transfers. I handled escalated calls if the representative was asking for a supervisor. I became their front-line supervisor where the department became noted for high scores in caller satisfaction, responsiveness and accuracy.

Unfortunately, my father passed away while I was working in Dallas. I decided to leave my position at Fidelity to return to New Orleans to be closer to family.
Pros
my work was recognized and valued, i had the abilit to challenge myself daily, i loved the team atmosphere.
Cons
my work/ life balance was not as high as i would have liked.
The best place to start your financial services career
RETIREMENT SOLUTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJune 14, 2013
No company is perfect, but Fidelity is one of the best in my book especially for anyone who aspires to be a financial advisor or financial planner. Fidelity teaches you all of the basics of the industry and then some. They also support you furthering your education of the industry beyond a Bachelor's degree by sponsoring MBA programs and the CFP Designation program (the CFP program actually has classes on site at Fidelity in Westlake, TX). The best part about working at Fidelity is that Fidelity truly values their customers and their employees (as much as any company possibly can). Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of bureaucracy and workplace politics. There are also some bad apples in management, but all of this comes with the territory of working for a larger firm. Unlike some other discount brokers like TD, E*Trade, and Scottrade to name a few, Fidelity has some of the best benefits in the industry. Their 401k plan has a 7% match and a 10% profit sharing contribution. Long story short, Fido puts their money where their mouth is when it comes to encouraging their employees to save for their retirement. Unless your management, Fidelity seldom lays off worker bees even during times of extreme market volatility.
Pros
benefits, best large firm for someone who's curious about a career in financial services.
Cons
like most firms, there are a few bad apples in middle management who don't set proper expectations, a lot of bureaucracy (big company), fidelity is slow to adapt to new tech for the employees
Realistic Review 401k Position
401k Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington KyJanuary 2, 2013
Typical day is answering calls and helping customer with their 401k needs. However, needs is a loaded statement. You are heavily restricted to guidelines that make it difficult to actual interact with the customer on a personal level. If you stray outside these guidelines regardless of your customers satisfaction you are putting not only your performance but your group performance and your chance of a bonus on the line.
In order to be sucsessfull you have to speak like a used car salesman or a robot. When customers get their way they are happy and when they don't they complain. They measure the strength of their system on feedback cards... well if the customer got their money they don't care. The should be measuring the interaction with customers with problems and how to interact with them at a higher level (been in the business for over 15 years).

Management is highly A-typical with Fidelity is not uncommon to be in a entry level job for 5-7 years. So once you get to management or if you are lucky enough to make it, they are all out for themselves they spend 90% of the day making themselves look good.

I came to Fidelity to start over but staying in an entry level job for 5-7 years and trying to work around systems but in place by a management team that not all of them but for the most part is out to pat their selves on the back, I'm glad I found something new. Becoming sucessfull with Fidelity is like winning the lottery. good luck.
Pros
nice facilities
Cons
needs to get over themselves and truly work on customer service
Decent pay, not family friendly, no job security
Account Executive/Financial Consultant, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2015
The pay with this company has been decent other than that it is the typical large organization. Other than your direct manager be prepared to be looked at as just a number, and even at that you are lucky if your direct manager is as good as the one I currently have. Be prepared to hear the constant nagging from management above the local level, the typical "what have you done for me lately". It is not uncommon to put in 10-12 hour workdays and even though it is not said you will be made to feel guilty for using your vacation. Upper management talks a big game when it comes to work life balance but their actions say otherwise. I happened to be lucky enough to work with a great manager and great team but if you have a rough month with sales you never hear the end of it. When you are having a great month upper management is picking apart what you could have done different. As a professional and someone who is the steward of clients financial well-being you should have the freedom to position solutions without influence from upper management. If you want to work in the branches just remember that is a typical sales job full of highs and lows. Depending on your manager you may have autonomy and you may not. It would seem that upper management never wants you to feel secure in your role even though they claim that they want you around for many years in order to retain more clients.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
work life balance, no autonomy, job security
Conservative Financial Company
Annuity Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2013
The typical day at Fidelity Investments involves: identifying retirement and income needs, providing reasonable guidance based on the suitability information gathered in the transaction, demonstrating how features and benefits match the client’s needs, researching and resolve customer complaints to ensure customer satisfaction and retention, and facilitating timely, accurate and efficient transactions.
In my role I have developed the following skill-sets: proficient client interaction and communication, time management, and a detailed understanding of the financial markets.
There is a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork amongst co-workers. We celebrate eachother's successes within and outside of the workplace.
The hardest part of this position is the stress. You have to pass the series 7. 63, and insurance exams to be able to work within this position. As most jobs within Fidelity, this is a phone position. Individuals must work 8 hours a day minimum, with two 15 minute breaks, and a 30 minute lunch. Each day the schedule is alloted for you and you have schedule and other efficiency metrics, such as IE, AHT, Leads, etc to maintain your job. It is a stressful atmosphere.
The most enjoyable part of working at Fidelity are the benefits. The company is know for its health benefits and reward program.
Pros
medical and dental benefits, reward program
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, long hours, mandatory ot, strict schedule adherence
Too much stress for what its worth
Human Resources Representative III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 11, 2012
Too much stress for what they pay you. You service there clients, ehich are mainly fortune 500 companys such as Disney, Pfizer pharmaceuticals, Shell Oil, ect., and your required to administer benefits to active and inactive employees that are for the most part are escalated and disgruntle because their companys have chosen to outsource their HR departments to Fidelity. It takes a lot tenure to fully understand each clients HR policies. Basically, there is a lot of room for error, and if your the type that enjoys to be mico managed this would be a great job, as you will be constantly coached. And as far as pay be aware that they left Boston where reps were paid 45,000 per yr to start, and according to monster jobs HR reps. should be paid 35k to 45k per yr., however in albuquerque they can get away with paying HR reps under 27k per yr to start and annual raises you can expect less than 3 percent. Also, advancement is difficult because you have to be apart of the right clique, and executive positions, which start at 80k plus where the real money is, are always filled by people from outside of the state of new mexico, people from back east are usually relocated here to fill exec. positions.
Pros
brand new call center courtesy of the state of new mexico
Cons
too many responsibilities, not enough advancement, and low paying
Has a ton of perks, but not for me.
Retirement Product Sales (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJanuary 16, 2013
Fidelity is a great company to work for, and I enjoy the benefits and culture of the company. I started out going through a ton of training and obtaining my licenses, then was promoted within the first 4 months to the high opportunity team where I would have a greater potential to uncover more assets. From there, I moved to the Boca Raton area because they needed someone at the branch. I LOVED the branch life because I enjoy the face to face conversations I was able to have instead of everything being over the phone. I was a financial representative in the branch, and basically helped with transfer of assets, re-registering accounts, and taking appointments for fundamental guidance. I moved back to the Covington, KY phone site June of 2012 because I was about to have my first child! I was extremely blessed to be able to help people with their retirement needs, as I love to explain this information to others who aren't as educated. I would like to get more back into the financial aspect of things on a whole level, not just limiting it to retirement accounts. I enjoy working with people/companies who are looking for guidance as far as financial needs, future planning, and budget analysis
A challenging environment
Systems Services & Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJune 19, 2015
The environment with Fidelity has been the same challenging. The work day is likely to be extremely busy, which I like. However, the environment can be a hostile environment. It has not been an professional experience to say the least. There is a lot of disrespectful people from senior management right down to the coworkers. I think that is the hardest part of my job is dealing with the professionalism in the work place.
I also feel that it is difficult to move within the company at Fidelity. Most positions in Technology are down in NC or TX and I have not had an interest to move.
Fidelity has been very generous with the compensation and have great benefits. I made use of the tuition reimbursement that the company offers and went back to school to earn a BS in Software Engineering, which I just finished back in February of this year. I have decided to move on from the company and look for a position that I can become more technical and grow with a company.
At Fidelity, there is always change. There is always, new software with learn and procedures. That is what I enjoy most about the company.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional work environment. Not easy to move within the company.