Fidelity Investments

1.2K reviews

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work Learn and Prosper
Director (Former Employee), World Trade Center, Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Very bright focused teammates
Cons: Great individual contributors don't necessarily make great managers.
Fidelity is an exciting place to work with very bright, focused wonderful people. The only constant was change which was good and bad. Good in that you never got bored, and bad in that once you got into a comfortable rhythm it was time to change things up a bit. All in all, no real complaints.
Great Place to Work
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Greenwich, CTAugust 23, 2015
Fidelity Investments is a great place to work. Top investment firm with a great culture that promotes career advancement. Great training and people
no increase in base salary, terrible support from management
Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
Fidelity does not increase your base, no merit or cost of living wage increases. They do not understand the sales process or what it takes to be a sales person.
Managers are over paid babysitters.
They expect you to work long hours with no compensation, they do not put the client first, the sales force is expected to push certain products on clients.
Very good work/life balance in a sterile/dull team environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good cafeteria, flexible hours, benefits
Cons: Lethargic management, every day tends to be the same as the one before
Work is with project team only and often same people from project to project. This makes learning about other parts of the company difficult and management during my time has not made any effort to support broadening my skills/experience.

Co-workers are very capable and good people. The hardest part of the job is the repetition from day to day and the most enjoyable part is the flexibility of hours and ability to work from home.
You work hard, but you do get rewarded
When I left I was a Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: has excellent benefits and perks, many different jobs offer much opportunity
Cons: High expectations can be very stressful
I started working at Fidelity as an admin assistant, and I took advantage of on-job training, classes and opportunities offered, and moved into IT and became a software engineer. Education is encouraged at all levels.

Fidelity is a rapidly changing environment, with lots of opportunity, but you have to be your own advocate. Working there is hard: I was laid off for a short while and working at other firms almost seemed like I was hardly working! The compensation and benefits are generous - and the employer match for the 401 K meant I saved 10% of my salary annually and invested it in the stock market. I learned more than just my job - I learned how to invest, how to manage my time, how to plan for future success, how to deal with many different personalities, how to track relevant metrics, how to position communications for different audiences. It wasn't all hard work, there were employee events, lunches, off site meetings, special discounts on entertainment events, etc. And of course an annual holiday party for all employees...

Fidelity was always trying new things to reward and engage their employees. Because the company is so large, you could work in different sub companies and have different experiences. You could look internally and transfer to a new job in a different part of the company, and yet not leave Fidelity. One caveat - do NOT work here if you don't like change! Reorganizations happen frequently, along with change of approach or focus.
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2015
Good experience in learning the new things in Fidelity Investments and Worked with Informatica power center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
Mutual Fund Ballot Reconcliations
Proxy Investment Operations Analyst III (Current Employee), Westlake, TXAugust 11, 2015
Locate missing ballots and research discrepancies for Fidelity mutual funds. Work closely with the accounting and proxy teams at over 10 custodian banks
Excellent technical tools and resources. Great culture and environment.
Veritude Contractor (Former Employee), Westlake, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: free coffee, covered parking, gym, restaurant, onsite Starbucks, excellent cafeteria
Cons: no smoking onsite, as a contractor there isn't much room for advancement or becoming permanent.
Great team work, excellent working conditions. Involved with projects, good work-life balance. Excellent technical resources and tools. Worked in cubicles which provided little privacy.
UX Contractor
UX Contractor (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great Culture
Cons: Hires as contractor first then converts to full time
I am a UX Contractor and have enjoyed my time at Fidelity. It has a great culture within the UX department. That being said, be careful when working with a recruiting agency, as they will try and get the largest margin possible.
Great benefits
Director - Fund Operations (Current Employee), Westlake, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Good place to work but management needs more diversity. Benefits are good but salary needs to be reviewed compared to other financial institutions.
fair
Electronic Channel Support Representative (Former Employee), Westlake, TXAugust 7, 2015
Not a good place to work managers get switched all the time, no one knows their job. Absolutely horrible with time management I would not recommend working there, good pay thats about it.
Great company to work for.
Retirement Brokerage Services Representative (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Great people, benefits, culture.
Cons: Can be hard to advance career wise is some departments.
I enjoyed my almost 16 years with Fidelity, I still have a lot of friends there and my wife still works there. We both have made friendships that will last our lifetime. Fidelity helped me get my college degree, and they helped me save far more for retirement then I ever would have on my own. I worked in the call centers which can be hard to move around in and advance in which is why I moved on after 16 years.
Fun Workplace
Defined Contributions Representative II (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Networking
Cons: Limited Advancement
Fun work place with decent supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
excellent work environment and friendly co workers.
Transaction Processor (Former Employee), Covington, KYAugust 6, 2015
Pros: free coffee, often lunch is brought in for free, friendly environment, good pay
Cons: horrible job security
one of the cleanest and most professional places I've ever worked at. Everyone there has a professional and courteous attitude. The day starts off by scanning your badge to get in the building and from there, you go to whatever part of the building your assignment is at. From sitting in a cubicle, sorting mail and fraternizing with coworkers, to working in the factory, shipping out crates of mail, its all good work and the pay isn't that bad either.
Great company!
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Westlake TXAugust 4, 2015
Fidelity is addressing compensation/benefits and job advancement opportunities. Very structured environment, prior military experience will serve you well in the personal investing business.
Decent pay, not family friendly, no job security
Account Executive/Financial Consultant, Full Time (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits
Cons: work life balance, no autonomy, job security
The pay with this company has been decent other than that it is the typical large organization. Other than your direct manager be prepared to be looked at as just a number, and even at that you are lucky if your direct manager is as good as the one I currently have. Be prepared to hear the constant nagging from management above the local level, the typical "what have you done for me lately". It is not uncommon to put in 10-12 hour workdays and even though it is not said you will be made to feel guilty for using your vacation. Upper management talks a big game when it comes to work life balance but their actions say otherwise. I happened to be lucky enough to work with a great manager and great team but if you have a rough month with sales you never hear the end of it. When you are having a great month upper management is picking apart what you could have done different. As a professional and someone who is the steward of clients financial well-being you should have the freedom to position solutions without influence from upper management. If you want to work in the branches just remember that is a typical sales job full of highs and lows. Depending on your manager you may have autonomy and you may not. It would seem that upper management never wants you to feel secure in your role even though they claim that they want you around for many years in order to retain more clients.
Wonderfull place to learn things.
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Covington, KYJuly 29, 2015
Learnt a lot while teaching so its kind of win-win place for every one i guess. If there is a chance i would love to work here in future also.
Good people to work with
Trading Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: sometimes you feel like a number and not a person to upper management
Fidelity is a fun educational place to work. Upper management is very focused on the bottom line and is quick to reduce workforce when they see fit. Sometime you just feel like a number there.
great pay
E-Banking Account Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 28, 2015
great people it was a great working atmostphere and great benefits long lunches management is great and there to help you no matter the situation
Great place for a career
Senior Director, Business Analysis (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Opportunities for advancement
Great benefits and terrific place to being your career. Wonderful people as associates who are passionate about their work.
Employees