Fidelity Investments
1,054 reviews

Fidelity Investments United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
correction specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: lots of free lunches
Cons: no cons
We started out as BHC/Fiserv, then Fidelity, they brought us out but the stayed real with us and keep us informed of all that was going on. They respected us and we worked together til the end getting what needed to be done - done.
A productive learning enviroment
Multiple Benefit Customer Sevice Representative (Former Employee), Durham NCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Retiree benefits, employee perks, health benefits
Cons: Lack of time off, poor communication of employer plan rule changes hindering efficent timely customer service
During my time at Fidelity Investments I developed strong communication skills and mastered effective questioning to ensure I had a clear understanding of the participants concern. By mastering effective questioning I had the ability to be far more efficient in resolving and correcting any account errors.

I learned how to multi task/navigate through multiple benefit systems.
I also learned abut HIPPA and multiple life events, how these events impacted the participants health and retiree benefits.
I truly enjoyed taking ownership of participants concern's by following up with them to update on the status of the issue as well as relaying resolutions.
Learning new technology
Associate Software Engineer Developer (Current Employee), Cary, NCApril 13, 2015
A good place to start a career. Amazing employee benefits. Cool stuff to learn new technologies and grow your knowledge on the existing ones.
Fidelity Investments
Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management
Great benefits -- Profit sharing 10% based of your salary plus Bonus. Unfortunately, there is a big disconnect between managers and staff.
Performance Attribution Analyst- Fixed Income (Current Employee), Westlake, TXApril 12, 2015
Great company and a great place to start in the financial industry. There is great ability to move up and seek new positions.
Manager - Performance and Attribution Services (Former Employee), Westlake , TexasApril 11, 2015
Love working there - Company is really advance in their technology area. Great benefits -- Profit sharing 10% based of your salary plus Bonus..
Productive and interactive in a fun environment
Brokerage Operations Rep IV (Former Employee), Covington, KY and Westlake TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Opening new accounts, being busy and enjoy what I do. I love to learn new things and enjoy the interaction with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working with client managers, solving complex problems and taking responsibility all the way through to a resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, the atmosphere and the way the team worked together.
Excellent Company
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2015
Great opportunity for growth and development within the company. Management provides all the tools to become the most you can be.
Best Job!
FINANCIAL ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 9, 2015
Carmax allowed you to meet mant fun and exciting people. I learned alot about car sales and repairs. This was a great opportunity for me while in college.
Love it!
Learning & Development Senior Manager (Former Employee), Covington, KYApril 8, 2015
Pros: great advancement opportunities
Cons: frequent change...but expected due to regulatory environment
love Fidelity - I bleed green - great opportunities and growth provided if willing to challenge yourself. great benefits, culture, training events and good pay.
Tight company
Contracts Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Not much to say
Cons: Not much to say
This company was very secretive in every way. Although I understood that in the Legal Department, there isn't too many things you could say that could get misunderstood, but the personality in that group was very "dry". I was unconfortable.
Good Place
Material Handler II (Former Employee), Covington, KYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great people, Great benefits
Cons: Sometimes long hours, medium pay
Great people, great atmosphere. You're treated like family. Job is very fast paced but very easy. Managers get to actually know you and know what your job responsibilities are.
Great workplace environment
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Burbank, CAApril 6, 2015
Such a great place to work. Communication between corporate and retail investor centers was always there. Great management and team. Would definitely recommend this employer.
Loved the experience working there
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Covington, KentuckyApril 6, 2015
Great place to work, everyone is willing to help and give advice on how to perform the job more efficiently. I gained a lot of experience on how to perform the best customer service for customers
Great Place to work
Communication Manager (Former Employee), Covington, KYApril 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Work/life balance
Cons: none
Benefits are wonderful and the culture is very conducive to promotion. My biggest regret was leaving to chase higher pay.
Supportive people, very demanding and always thinking ahead
GUIDANCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Westlake, TXApril 2, 2015
Having a good relationship with your boss is key. The company promotes people all the time.
The job can be very repetitive and tiring so its important that you know where you want to go within the company to excel and dont get burnt out
Work environment
Manager, Service Delivery, Stock Plan Services (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHMarch 31, 2015
Great place to work. The people are career driven and customer service oriented. No commissions. Compensation based on customer satisfaction.
Sr. Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Westlake, TXMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer care oriented job.
Client Management Representative II (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Federal holidays off and weekends.
Cons: Having to work overtime more than normal.
A typical day consists of coming and preparing your system to take calls from current and future pensioners from different companies. You work hand in hand with your co-workers to help your clients with their questions of retirement and what their company offers them. You also work with your manager when you have a situation that you need your manager be aware of. The hardest part of the job is taking a notification of death from a client and as well as telling a client that they don't have any benefits coming to them. I enjoyed helping clients with their benefits and also enjoyed giving the good news.
Not the best place to start the career
Senior Software Engineer Developer (Current Employee), Westlake, TxMarch 30, 2015
Good: Benefits. Job security

Bad:
Depending on the team work culture may be relaxed or hectic. I have been part of multiple teams here and have seen big differences in work culture in all of them.

People think they are following Agile methodology here but they are actually far from it. True agile tries to reduce obstacles from developer's everyday work and focuses on getting more work done. But here we have to use multiple tracking tools to track the work apart from excel sheet!! (Yes! You read that correct. Excel Sheet in 2015). And of course we have daily stand ups as if all of those tools and excel sheet were not enough!

Learning curve: May get some good learning curve if you work in few chosen teams. Many teams at fidelity are struggling with out dated technologies or really old versions of tools/languages. From what I have seen, moving to newer version of languages hardly gets any priority.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history of making financial expertise accessible and effective in helping people live – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos