Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

Great education with a horrible culture only a masochist could survive in.
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2014
Pros: education in finance
Cons: culture, management, pay, benefits, everything.
Fidelity is definitely only for a defined group of people. They provide you with excellent training about finance and prepare you for the series 7 and 63, but that's where the positives end. The culture is defined and the company has no interest in progressing. They expect you to just "wing-it" with their horribly outdated computer programs and processes. – more... The calls do not end and there are no breaks in between them dealing with abusive customers all day. Unless you want a way to get your foot in the door for finance and are willing to deal with all the negatives this entry level position has, then I would advise others to avoid it. – less
Analyst (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 10, 2014
Good company, give a lot of opportunity to learn more within the Operational area.
Great place to work, nice environment
Project Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHApril 9, 2014
Pros: close to my home, great coworkers and supervisor
Cons: trips to boston and marlborough
I supported 3-5 project managers in the Merrimack office as well as Marlborough and Boston. A typical day would be creating purchase orders for projects, scheduling meetings, researching invoice issues-I really enjoyed this job. My immediate supervisor was great. Very professional but I found her to be fair and approachable. I appreciated the fact that – more... she would point out areas that I may need to work on but would also be my best advocate. She was a hard worker that gave 100 percent and I respected that.
My coworkers and project managers I supported were great. I had a lot of fun working with all of them. The most enjoyable part of the job were, honestly, the people. Also, the place where I worked was set in a very beautiful area with paths for walking and places to eat outside. The hardest part of my job was probably when I had to travel to Boston weekly for a time. But that was a very small "con" compared with the many "pros". – less
Enjoyed working with Fidelity Investments
Sr. QA Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 9, 2014
Quality Assurance Engineer
We are a team of 4 testers
Writing Test Plans, Test cases, defects
Tools: QTP, QC, SQL
Iteration planning and closing meetings
Acceptance criteria meeting
Estimating project hours
Defect Triage meetings
Reporting
Testing Documentation
Client Based Transportation Company
Boston Coach (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 9, 2014
Pros: vehicles change over keeps new vehicles in service, no high mileage.
Cons: some days volume of trips could mean no lunch breaks.
Customer Service Oriented, with full Employee Benefits package that included Healthcare and Life Insurance. Vested 401K and other Services in Financial investments. Some work schedules could be demanding with long hours. Complete and informative training, but a non-localized Dispatchers can make for tricky Pick-up information because Dispatcher is in – more... different City than Drivers. – less
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Covington, KYApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work was answering phone calls and assisting customers with questions and transactions within their retirement plans.
Excellent place to work,
Security Representative II (Former Employee), Westlake, TXApril 7, 2014
Typical day at work included Employee requests, Customer service, responding to medical incidents, writing reports on incidents, patrolling building and campus to ensure security of employees and area.

I learned to work cohesively with a team, Extra medical skills through EMT training.

Co-workers were competitive, good natured and dependable.

Hardest – more... part of the job was the weekends away from Family

Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new and interesting people every day, and working alongside my co-workers. – less
Enjoyed this position
Senior Director of Third Party (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIApril 7, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: either youre successful or not
Able to confidently work across organizational structure to ensure top tier clients received best possible experience. As individual contributor was able to develop strong reference able clients.
Cutting Edge Technology and Quality Protocals/Processes
Communications Consultant (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIApril 5, 2014
Pros: fantastic cafeteria, fitness facilities, some sites have doctor's offices
Cons: long hours
Fidelity Investments is a great place to work. They are committed to providing high quality service to their clients and customers.
Job caters to employee's
Customer Research & Resolutions Specialist (Former Employee), Westlake, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: managers can be micro
Great place to work. Lots of things that makes the job employee friendly. Gym, walking trails, massage therapists come on site.
Professional and Profitable Institution
Treasury Associate (Intermediate) (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: learned alot about brokerage and treasury operations
Cons: does not promote often from within
Working at Fidelity Investments was a great experience. They gave me the opportunity to grow and learn Treasury Operations. I was able to master various business skills that I still use today. My coworkers were friendly and very helpful. We were a family. Upper Management was very professional but unwilling to promote from within. I was able to move – more... laterally while external hires were hired for the more advanced positions. – less
Upgraded production environment to new operating system
Sr. Systems Programmer (Former Employee), 6001 Campus Circle Coppell, TexasApril 3, 2014
Pros: learn about many software products and management styles i used in my career
Cons: long days and short nights
Very professional and productivity was high. Worked on upgrade and migrated the production environment in Boston. Helped with many other project as my experience was very valuable on many projects at Fidelity.
Mainframe Programmer - Contractor (Current Employee), Westlake, TXApril 3, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Great opportunities for programmers that are trying to grow and build there career.
Tough to advance
Financial Representative, Mutual Fund Trader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2014
Great for recent graduates from business school. Fidelity offers a substantial training program and offers plenty of time for study for the Series 7.
Good benefits and culture
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHApril 1, 2014
Pros: they hire good people and have solid benefits
Cons: constant inbound calls and promotion opportunities aren't the best.
Most of the managers are great, but some are more concerned about meeting numbers than their employees. Fairly easy work, but the constant inbound calls can wear on you.
Overall very poor work place, the bennies are good but that about all they can offer
K Specialist (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 30, 2014
was with the company for over a year the management team is very eratic
Fidelity Investments
Sr. Trading Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2014
Fidelity requires too much flexibility in scheduling and management that controls too much without monitoring actual activity. Systems are set up for failure.
Great place to work and grow
Personal Investing Intern (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHMarch 28, 2014
This company has built a strong culture. Although one downside is it being such a large company. There are plenty of opportunities to get lost within the corporate structure.
N/A
Health and Welfare Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHMarch 27, 2014
Great employee benefits. Internal job growth opportunities.
Amazing place to work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 24, 2014
A great place to work with lot of opportunities to excel and recognitions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos