Fidelity Investments

1.2K reviews

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Great company, great culture, will work you to death
Financial Service's Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Politics within building are a nightmare, Senior leaders don't leave, only get promoted if you're in sales
Overall Fidelity is an amazing company to work for. This site is awful. The politics within the building are a nightmare. From the rep level all the way to Senior management. Even if you start as a rep and end up in management if you don't go to sales your pretty much stuck in a consistent position will your employees are churned out from under you like a production line. The work load doesn't match the pay.
Great Company!
Retirement & Benefits Financial Associate (Former Employee), DURHAM NCJuly 6, 2015
Great Company A lot of oppurtunity for growth! A well respected work enviroment! I learned a lot about the investment side of things.
Productive environment
Community Relations Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great Perks
Working at Fidelity thought me so much, including leadership skills, time management skills and self-improvements. I get the chance to work with wonderful people everyday. While working with the Community Relations team I feel proud to work which such great team and make a impact in the community.
Great benefits, excellent place to master phone communication.
Retirement Brokerage Services Full Trader (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, fair pay.
Cons: Phone center, little freedom.
If you are alright working in a phone center this is a great place to learn. I was able to get my series 7 and 63 licenses. Also the Merrimack location has an awesome cafe.
Favorite job of all time!
Financial Representative - Service & Trading (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJune 30, 2015
Pros: Growth, learning, and excellent benefits package.
Fidelity Investments has truly been my favorite company to work for.
I was able to use skills I already had, but it also allowed a tremendous amount of growth, and learning for anyone employed there. I must say that the environment & culture between employees, and management was enriching. There was an excellent work/life balance, and at least for me the best part of my day was coming in not waiting to leave.
Powerful Company
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
This company inspires its people and offers unlimited growth potential. The culture, people and work environment was so dynamic and engaging everyday.
Productive and fun environment
Investment Broker (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJune 29, 2015
Learned a great deal about finances, and how successful companies operate on a day-to-day basis. Enjoyed my time there very much.
Transaction Processor
Temporary Transaction Processor (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 23, 2015
Pros: upbeat young enviroment
Cons: only had 4 hours a day
Excellent collegaues that make you feel comfortable in a big environment. Management is great as well! Never wanted to leave.
A challenging environment
Systems Services & Support Analyst (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHJune 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits
Cons: Unprofessional work environment. Not easy to move within the company.
The environment with Fidelity has been the same challenging. The work day is likely to be extremely busy, which I like. However, the environment can be a hostile environment. It has not been an professional experience to say the least. There is a lot of disrespectful people from senior management right down to the coworkers. I think that is the hardest part of my job is dealing with the professionalism in the work place.
I also feel that it is difficult to move within the company at Fidelity. Most positions in Technology are down in NC or TX and I have not had an interest to move.
Fidelity has been very generous with the compensation and have great benefits. I made use of the tuition reimbursement that the company offers and went back to school to earn a BS in Software Engineering, which I just finished back in February of this year. I have decided to move on from the company and look for a position that I can become more technical and grow with a company.
At Fidelity, there is always change. There is always, new software with learn and procedures. That is what I enjoy most about the company.
Fast Paced, Exciting, Continue Change
Workplace Guidance Consultant II (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 19, 2015
Small company feel with continue customer service improvements, multiple product line and was animal friendly. Shame company went out of business.
productive, interesting
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 17, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: A/C is always on
Definitely learned a lot during this Business internship. it was a great experience and i had a wonderful supervisor that really showed me around and introduced me to people. i was never bored.
Very Demanding
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Location, environment
Cons: Management, job security
This was not a cultural fit for me. I liked my immediate manager, but his manager changed every few months, which made it very difficult on our team, as direction changed with each new manager. If you like a fast pace without knowing what to expect tomorrow, it might be a fit for you.
Great Training
Sr. Investment Consultant (Sales) (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJune 16, 2015
The training was the best I have received. They believe in giving you all the tools you need to succeed. Understanding the market can be a difficult ting to do, but they make it very easy and understandable. I would love to work for them again.
Gret Company
Representative, Government Clearance (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2015
Great work environment.

Low pay great benefits

Flexible Schedule

Flexible lunches

Unfortunately no minority in leadership in charge in manager and above levels
Great JOB!
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 14, 2015
This is one of the greatest companies to work for. Excellent team building skills and flexible schedules. The company trains you thouroughly on diffent products and plenty of room for growth.
Great work environment and culture
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free 5th lunch after you buy 4 "Fit Meals" @ around $3.00/each
Cons: Fast-paced environment. Move fast and learn quickly, or you're out.
There's an expectation at Fidelity that you'll put in the time needed to get the job done, and the sense of urgency is huge. It means you have to set your boundaries as stick with them as often as possible. Outside of this, I have nothing but great things to say about working here. You'll find office politics and different management styles everywhere, so I won't focus on that here. They've put a lot of effort into making sure the workplace is aesthetically pleasing, and after working in what feels like a cave at other places, it's great to have plenty of natural light, local art, water features and greenery almost everywhere you look. People are generally friendly. When walking through the halls, everyone is not going to smile and wave, but when you get into small groups or your work area, it's easy to get to know others.
Good working environment and company culture
Margin Specialist - Brokerage Operations (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJune 2, 2015
Learn to manage time effectively to handle a wide array of tasks. Very knowledgeable coworkers with valuable information to share. Get a mentor.
Effective and welcoming team. Values their employees
Fidelity Financial Consultant Program (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJune 2, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: office
A typical workday would consist of managing all the things that kept the branch running. We would communicate with upper management to get all tasks completed. Assisted customers who walked in with all their brokerage accounts.
Excellent Company to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Covington, KentuckyJune 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Job cutbacks
I took on new roles and new projects as they came available. I have always been a hard dedicated worker and it shows in the work I complete.
I got along with management and coworkers and worked well as a team player.
I enjoyed being busy each day and working long hours. I balanced home and work well.
Resiliant Company
Transaction Service Representative (Current Employee), Westlake, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: micro managed
I love working at Fidelity. The management is very considerate and cares about their employees. The benefits are amazing. Starting entry level pay is not very competitive. Job security is high
Employees