Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

Nice people, great learning environment.
Fund Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHJanuary 29, 2015
Great place to learn and build financial skills and market knowledge.
exciting, opportunities, fast paced
Defined Contribution Representative (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always opportunites to advance
Cons: too much sitting
My experience at Fidelity is great, I have learned a lot in the past two years while employed. I came to fidelity not knowing anything about investment, with much training, I have become a professional investment rep.
Stay away unfair mgmt practices
Financial Associate 1 Defined Benefits (Former Employee), Research Triangle ParkJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: they have starbucks??
Cons: management practices
If you get hired on for Defined Benefits over Defined Contributions you are immediately placed in a position that leaves little room for advancement. There is no road map for your career and little mgmt support in this area. My Manager said it was up to me to get out there and network, well that is hard to do when you are on the phone receiving call after call. The expectations are high and the pay is low. They say your pay is based on benefits more so then your hourly wage.

They would launch events and tell you to use your resources. On the day of the event you would look for the resources and they would not be there leaving you to scramble to figure things out with your peers. If your manager was around, which on the first day they typically are not, I guess their off hiding, don't bother asking them a question because they would have no answers. Then the calls come in one after another and the management team is trying to figure things out on the fly. Very poor planning. I was amazed by this, you would think a big financial company that has these events would be prepared, think again! Way too much grey to figure out on your own.

I was terminated for hanging on to phone calls to try to educate myself. I received zero progressive discipline or writes up and when I told my boss I would escalate on him on an issue I was essentially backed doored for hanging on a call. This seems to be a common practice for the mgmt with out them following their own discipline process. Shady practice. If they stuck with firing everyone that hung on a call there would be no employees in the building everyone would be fired. So as far as the companies values and integrity is concerned it is laughable. I would never recommend anyone work there or invest a penny with them.
Good company
Experienced in data entry as a medical biller (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 26, 2015
It is busy company with many responsibilities. You can learn a lot there. unfortunately their schedule did not match my school.
Love Fidelity Investments
Account Executive (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Very lucky and fortunate to work for Fidelity Investments.
Good for some work experience
Anonymous (Current Employee), The WestJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: hard to move up even if you are successful
Good company to get some work experience but not as a career. Benefits are ok but comparable to many other companies out there.
After many years in the production arena - the benefits administartion arena provided a complete picture of a corporation
Production Manager – Document Services (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: tremendous training, very helpful co-woorkers and supervisiors and you felt like part of the team
Cons: everything was scheduled to the minute, linch, breaks, restroom breaks and the scheduled times varried widely from day to day
Fidelity was a very different work environment for me. As production manager i was very aware that time and money were almost inseparable, but the culture at Fidelity too it to another world. Fidelity had metrics for everything. The metrics measured customer interaction time, to the time you spent in the restroom. I understand and fully agree with most of the productivity metrics, but i think some of them went a bit to far. The people were great to work with, but it was difficult to explain to people why their benefits cost so much and did not cover all that was expected.
Great benefits, Awful choice in management
Financial and Retirement Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Covington, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Fidelity treats their employees very well in the benefits department, but that's because they have awful management and their HR doesn't help out the employees.
You are able to advance in the company, but only on the phones, they don't like you to move outside the call center. So if you like to be on the phone 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, then this is the place to work!
Inviting and have wonderful co-workers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: luncheons and rewards
Cons: seating
A typical day starts off with answering lots of calls when you sit in your seat. My job was really a nice job. I really enjoyed the people I worked with daily. Everyone always spoke to one another. My supervisor by far is the best, she's caring and shows compassion for all. I learned a lot at my job such as, better commnication on how you respond to not so happy customers. The hardest part is trying to juggle all the different products, but with persistence and a mind set to do well it can and was accomplished.
Brief summary
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Very good company overall would definitely recommend for young professionals.There is a professional yet fun work environment. The culture and what you can learn from people of this company is simply amazing.

dwdddddddddddddddddddddecfedfd dvejfkejnked ed
Experience from both call centers in Utah
High Net Worth Registered Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: quarterly bonuses, fitness and electronics reimbursements
A typical day of work was initially logging in to view cases and follow up on the internal email system, followed by inbound phone calls for the next 8-10 hours.
Fidelity was my entry job in the financial industry, and I learned most of what I know about clientele and financial products through exposure to them in this company.
Management was great on the teams, but higher up management had little respect for the managers they led and the workers underneath them.
The hardest part of the job was taking 4-5 hour blocks of phone calls during the busy seasons without a break inbetween. Motivation is important to maintain and mental preparation is worth its weight in gold.
The most enjoyable part of the job was direct recognition and compensation for performance. I received site call of the month and employee MVP rewards during my stay with Fidelity, which helped me maintain focus during long days.
Lockheed Martin
Director of Global Relations (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2015
What can I say, I was fresh out of college and the Army and LM provided me with excitement and opportunity. I would have nothing to say bad about this company and would probably still be there if it wasn't for the new cut throat management group who came in and laid off 4 entire departments. So after 3 years I was let go, along with folks who had been there for over 20 years.
Great group culture within a traditional organization
Graduate Design Thinking Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Fidelity is a great company that treats it's employees well and acknowledges hard work. There are great perks to being a full-time employee - great benefits at the Boston Headquarters location. Leadership at the company is very supportive of new and innovative ideas, and has put a lot of resources to make the company a leader in design and innovation.
Good but could be great
Senior Director - Client Experience (Former Employee), VariousJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits, company performance
Cons: compensation, hierarchy
Strong firm, but with some innovation and discipline, could be fantastic.

"Tell it like it is" is publicly encouraged, but rarely rewarded. "Tell it like we want to hear it" is what is really rewarded.
Excellenet Company
Financial Representative - High Opportunity Team (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance, compensation good, support is in place for you to succeed.
I only left the company because I had a unique opportunity, but given the chance I would go back in a heart beat. Awesome place, surrounded by awesome people.
Large Brokerage Firm
Account Executive (Current Employee), Santa Monica CaJanuary 13, 2015
Amazing team to work with, corporate culture is growth focused. Management team is helpful and encourages growth both personally and professionally.

I enjoy helping clients growth their assets and plan for their futures. I also, very much like coaching/ career development
it's okay
Associate Fund Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), WestlakeJanuary 12, 2015
it's an okay place to work. Decent work life. Pay isn't too well, but the benefits are good. You make money on the back end from 401k and profit sharing. No corporate culture. Management isn't very motivating. Most the people are very nice. Campus is located in Westlake
Good work culture, Learned to manage the team on conflicts
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Great Place to work. Day to day work item includes Testing of the Defined Benefits Client Server, Web services call.
Easy to learn/nice management
Processor (Former Employee), Covington, KYJanuary 12, 2015
Great work place, clean, friendly workers, and the job wasn't intimidating at all. Easy to learn everything you have to do and the people who work and manage there are great.
Great place to start if you are looking to start a new career.
Financial Associate II (Current Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: the level of workplace bureaucracy.
Great place to start if you are looking to get your foot in the door within the Financial Industry. Excellent training program. If you are looking to move up in the company by only working hard this may be a little difficult as there is a lot of bureaucracy.

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history of making financial expertise accessible and effective in helping people live – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos