Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Found 1,138 reviews matching the search
Excellent employer, great benefits.
Sr. IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work! Good projects , diverse teams, nice on site amenities. Process oriented with great work tools for all employees.
Pros
great facility and work environement.
Cons
Dynamic company that will push you to work hard
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2017
I have never been bored at this job. It can be extremely rewarding in assisting clients achieve their goals. In this position, you are the grease that keeps that wheels turning. You are the face of the company.

Overall, they treat you well. They push you to learn more and be a better representative.
Financial Representative Full Trader
Financial Representative, Full Trader (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJanuary 21, 2017
They don't tell you you will be stuck with a night shift or a weekend shift to start off with. I understand you have to start somewhere, but i wish they would have told me this upon hiring instead of hiding it until we finished training and licensing.
Productive work environment, great facility
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 20, 2017
Excellent work environment, great co-workers lots of opportunity for volunteer work. Great incentives for healthy eating. overtime
Pros
lots of overtime availability
Cons
temporary position
Great Colleagues and Great Working Environment
DB Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 20, 2017
Fidelity is the kind of company that works hard to make sure that its employees feel supported and well-equipped to handle what they experience in their work day.

The only drawback to working there as phone representative is what any person working as one anywhere will tell you. Participants can be snippy, unkind, and impatient. There are some expectations that come with calling someone on the phone. No one wants to be on the line for very long and they want results. No one wants the issue to take more than one call either. When all these expectations fall in line with what you can do, everything is great. Of course that is not how many calls each day end up turning out and the stress of dealing with the ramifications of doing all that I can and still having issues with pleasing a customer were really difficult for me.

Personally, I think Fidelity needs to forego the call centers and instead creates offices that people can go to speak with people in person about the management of their pensions or health insurance plans.
Pros
great people, good cafeteria for regular 9-5 staff, lovely office, great management
Cons
short breaks, highly stressful depending on personal temperament
Great Benefits
Branch Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
Great benefits and work environment, depending on management. Service Center provides a lot of opportunity for growth. Branch environment is similar to a small business with the perks of being a large corporation.
Pros
Benefits, pay, work/life balance
Cons
Lower management choices and limited opportunity for self thinking
Personal and Professional growth
Electronic Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Working for Fidelity Investments is a great experience, learning skills that I will use for my life time. Also, a great working environment with senior management always finding new ways to make work an enjoyable experience. Co-workers work as a team with everyone willing to help each out.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Fixed schedule
Good place to work.
Facilitation Director (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJanuary 16, 2017
Fidelity is an outstanding company. The FInancial Services industry faces regulatory and technological pressures that are stressing the business model and and putting downward pressure on margins.
Great Place to work
Financial Advisor / Equity Trader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Highly customer satisfaction oriented. A wide variety of opportunity and experience to be gained here about the Financial Industry.
Things are changing
Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I joined Fidelity after having worked at a place that worked people consistently on nights and weekends and there was constant pressure. Fidelity was a breath of fresh air. People worked normal hours and were fairly laid back. Recently that has changed some and what once seemed cushy is no longer. Overall it's still a great place to work, just doesn't seem to be as great as it was.
Productive place to work
Financial Associate I - Multi Product (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 11, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for and the only reason I am leaving is due to relocating to a different state.
Great management and leadership opportunities. Overall cultural is awesome.
n/a
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJanuary 11, 2017
It's a very great place heading in the right direction. Being on the phone all day can be quite draining and they understand this.
Not my favorite experience
Financial Representative/Retirement Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 11, 2017
They are a "good company"
Too many people working there, too much politics.
Co workers are cool, they have to play politics
Managers suck, they don't care about anyone's advancement but their own. A lot of them are in a position to lead others and are barely making it themselves
Pros
money
Cons
politics
excelletn
VP (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2017
great place to work and wonderful learning environment and wonderful people. cant say enough about the firm and the management
Best place to work right out of school
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 6, 2017
I truly loved my team and management at Fidelity. The reason I left was because of the distaste that the Financial Advisors or "Guidance" representatives had for customer service reps. We have to be the middle man between impatient, angry customers and them but they treat you as if you are not important or don't have a brain. It sucked, I wish it wasn't like that otherwise I would have stayed but the constant disrespect got the best of me so I left. Would still recommend it for anyone.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Cafeteria, Culture
Cons
Rude "colleagues"
Interesting work and good people work there
VP of Delivery Management (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 6, 2017
Liked the work and most all the people at Fidelity.
The benefits are quite good, especially the retirement contribution by the company.
The PI business was getting concerning due to Dept of Labor ruling. Some negative politics were starting to enter the IT organization which was not good to see.
Pros
Work. Retirement benefits.
Cons
Some leaders were not good for the PI organization.
Wonderful place to work. Keeps employees engaged and informed.
Logistics Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  100 Crosby PKWY Covington Ky 41015January 5, 2017
Working at Fidelity Investments was a joy. The friends and family atmosphere was wonderful. For 23 years this place was my home. I met life long friends. The training was ongoing and change was the norm. By working at Fidelity I feel that I have been prepared to move on to another company and be a strong employee.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Production has been outsourced.
Great place to work but unchallenging
Service/Trader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2017
If you are new to the industry, the job will be very challenging in the beginning. However, this quickly changes as you become licensed and learn the various systems. Ultimately, you are working in a call center and each call begins to mesh with the next.

The good news is that there is a lot of room to grow your career and each new department will temporarily cure the monotony and may even offer an increase to your wage.
Pros
Benefits and Co-Workers
Cons
Work Culture
Productive fun work place; good work life balance
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 3, 2017
the QA org and the dev org work in Silos, there should be more collaboration at the senior management level

Conducive place to learn
Lack of unity and repetitive work across departments
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJanuary 2, 2017
Data scattered throughout the company in various systems. Difficult to obtain reliable data to find true values. Well life and work balance. Promote health balance, provide workout equipment to exercise.
Pros
Flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Fidelity Investments Reviews by Location