Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company, Great Benefits
Participant Advocacy Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 24, 2016
Unfortunately, I was laid off due to company resource actions. However, this was one of the best companies I've ever worked for in terms of culture, salary and benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Rodent Wheel
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
Call center - answering phones with limited advancement opportunities. If you like to run on a wheel like a rodent, this is a good job for you. Candy bars and jeans days are the motivational tools along with birthday cake every two weeks. Employees are treated like children. Extreme micro-management with layer upon layer of managers covering their butts all day long. It's a place to get your licenses and move on. BTW - licensing program is a 6-week intensive cram session - your life will be completely on-hold during this time. The benefits program is strong, but you need to stay 5-years to be fully vested on the match. Life is way too short for a career with this company.
Pros
Paid licensing program - good benefits
Cons
Micro management, treated like children with candy bars, jeans days & extra 15-minute breaks as motivational tools
Nice place to work but dependent on the team and product lines
Principle Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 18, 2016
Some division and product lines are adapting more leading-edge technologies than others. Generally, they have excellent technology mindset.
An overall amazing company to work for.
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIMay 16, 2016
This position was a typical data-entry position where I learned many teamwork skills and many interpersonal skills as I worked with my team.
Great company to work for
Investment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
Excellent company to work for with great benefits. Superb 401k match and many investment choices. The company is privately held and it is all about the customer experience.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 15, 2016
Very demanding, over time not an option. Very satisfied with co-workers. Demanding hours during week ends and holidays.
Pros
sometime lunches free
Work hours are flexible, casual dress code
Brokerage Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 14, 2016
I learned a lot about the financial services industry during my time at Fidelity. A lot of good people work there, management sometimes changes often. They have a great cafeteria, enclosed parking, and good benefits.
Pros
Cafeteria, covered parking
Cons
no job advancement
Cafe
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 13, 2016
Overall ok job the best part are the benefits. We are a contractor company that works for Fidelity. We provide cafe service to the employees of Fidelity.
Excellent place to work for
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 9, 2016
Very nice work place.
I have learnt lot of new technologies, explored different tools
Good Management
Co-workers are very cooperative
Great benefits. Great people.
Brokerage Operations and Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 9, 2016
Pay isn't great, because they offer exceptional benefits. Being younger, these benefits may not make sense to you or help you out. Work schedule flexibility is available but still strict on how flexible they will go. Management is great and understanding but may have just been my luck. Constant learning, but they will hold you back from some things to make sure you stay longer and don't move elsewhere. Promotion is hard due to how big the company is, but you can move laterally or into other departments pretty easy. Overall great but down points for me was flexibility of schedule, pay, and promotion. Everything else was great.
Good Global Company
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, OUTBOUND OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 9, 2016
Leading company with strong focus on continuous improvement.
While sometimes slow to pick new priorities, once decided, goes after them quickly.
Good stepping stone in career
Title Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2016
This was one of my 1st real jobs and it was definitely a unique experience. Disorganized company, very political, dysfunctional and totally unprofessional. I definitely learned a lot and this job was a stepping stone in my career, but a chapter of my work life I'm glad is gone.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
no advancement, no bonuses
Plenty of Work
Senior Software Engineer/Developer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 5, 2016
A typical work day included meetings beginning as early as 7 AM and mostly booked solid until 10:30 AM. This is a result of working with our India team.
I very much enjoy working with my co-workers both on and off shore.
I am rarely bored.
Very professional and friendly environment
Investment Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2016
Great company!!! Laid back yet very professional. Great benefits and great management. I loved working here. On site cafeteria, they discount healthy meals, you know you are in a good place. Definitely somewhere to retire.
Pros
healthcare, profit sharing, any benefits
Non-productive and Stressful Call center job.
Stock Broker / Phone rep. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2016
This is a call center job, there is no other way to sell it. Even though when you go to interview the company managers will make it sound like its an amazing place to be, and that may be true at the large corporate sites where there are non-phone jobs, but in Jacksonville, FL its all phones all the time. Unless you plan on moving to a different city where Fidelity has large corporate campuses there are not many "roles" off the phone.
I will say the company does a great job getting its associates fully prepared for the series 7 and 63 exams. If you do come to Fidelity for the licensing alone, then its worth it. However, once you get some experience quietly move on to another firm. You will be better off.
Pros
Your employed, 401k match, and 10% profit sharing.
Cons
Stressful, boring during slow times, maddening during busy times, get the feeling the company treats phone reps like children.
Great place to work deepening on the business unit
Senior Derivatives Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 3, 2016
All my co-workers and I have a good relationship. We often get together after work. The benefits that Fidelity offers are incredible, I haven't heard of another company that comes close. When it comes to the work, it depends on what business unit you're in. The unit I have been in for almost 5 years is known to be very difficult and stressful. A lot of long days.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Location
Cons
Long hours, dated technology/applications
on paper great place
Reconciliation Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXApril 28, 2016
Management is disconnected from staff.Took a while to get trained. Takes a long time to get started and work up to management level. Slow moving to make decisions.
Pros
Benefits second to none
Cons
management disconnected from staff
Teamwork and quality
Customer Service/Outbound Processing (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 27, 2016
I work in the Outbound Processing Department, which is being outsourced so hence me leaving, but I have enjoyed coming to work every day. It's a pleasant, friendly atmosphere where everyone works together to get the end product out each day. One of my favorite things is the fact that I know everyone in my chain-of-command all the way to the Executive Vice President. They all have an open door policy and are on the workroom floor regularly so they know people by name. And they are very forthcoming with appreciation and praise. Am truly going to miss this place.
Pros
Each shift has a 'Fun Team' and activities are planned regularly
Set up compensation for advisors to get paid and do million dollar trades
Institutional Sec. Operations Rep III (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXApril 27, 2016
I come in and set up compensation for advisors to get paid.
Then I do million dollar trades at the close of the stock market .
OK job
Investments Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXApril 25, 2016
Very conservative company. Not able to keep up with competitive environment. Underpaid for the most part. benefits are very good.

Fidelity Investments Reviews by Location