Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

Challenging, fast paced work environment
Defined Contribution Representative III (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJune 30, 2014
Client support role with emphasis on 401k planning and education,
Overall I enjoyed my employment with Fidelity Investments, but I was looking for a change.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Taylor Mill, KYJune 26, 2014
Fidelity is a fun place to work, and the benefits are very good. It is a fast paced environment that focuses on high production and quality. Working at Fidelity requires that one be very flexible and can adapt quickly to changing jobs. Everyone must work as a team to ensure that all the work gets out on time, and even management will sometimes step – more... in and lend a hand if things go down to the wire. At Fidelity they are quick to acknowledge your accomplishments and are always providing classes and training on how to improve our quality of work. – less
All around great company
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2014
I worked at one of the regional call center's. There was always advancement opportunities, able to switch teams and schedules easily, during tax season there was a lot of optional overtime opportunities, during slow season there was voluntary time off and it you were never looked at negatively for taking it. The company provides a lot of benefits such – more... as insurance, 401k matching, profit sharing, discounts at hundreds of stores, and up to 90% tuition reimbursement. – less
Call center is good place to start career
Licensed Financial Representative (Former Employee), Covington, KYJune 19, 2014
Get in & get out. Good place to start career, obtain licenses, then look for other opportunities.
Relaxed work enviornment with great co-workers
Transaction Processing Representative (Current Employee), Covington, KYJune 18, 2014
Relaxed work enviornment with great co-workers. Not micro-managed and left to work at your own pace as long as tasks get completed in a timely manner. Pay could be more competitive.
Challenging work but no room for growth
Brokerage Rep (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 15, 2014
Great benefits, and work life balance. It is difficult to move up in levels, and promotions are few and far between. Upper management is great, however middle management is nonexistent
Good Team Enviroment
Survivor Services Case Manager (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJune 14, 2014
Great benefits, providing retirement customer service to existising clients.
Best in class technology. Committment to excellence. Great products.
Program Manager Tech - Corporate Human Resources (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, resources and ethics.
Cons: too beauracratic. little promotional opportunities.
A great company in terms of products and culture. Unfortunately opportunities to grow in Boston have become scarce due to regionalization strategy. There's too much supply of experienced Fidelity veterans looking for growth opportunities relative to available jobs.
Fidelity insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 12, 2014
Pros: there was no call handle times. just make sure you take care of the customer
Cons: there was a lot of down time where no calls would come in.
I would answer phones and questions concerning what people needed with their insurance. Such as what the maximum allowances were for their health benefits and what was covered under their insurance and what was not.
Management was always willing to help you be a better customer service representative.
Hardest part of the job was knowing where to look – more... for the proper information as it may have been spread out over several different topics.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We would always keep it positive. – less
Great company, focus on employees
Payroll, Sales (Former Employee), Covington, KYJune 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, knowledge, retirement
Cons: advancement pipeline is very competitive
This is a great company to work for. They have excellent benefits and encourage a positive work/life balance. I started with no experience in the financial field, and feel like upon leaving I was somewhat of an expert. The management is very approachable and willing to help with any questions and concerns that you may have. The people that you work – more... with make the day to day seem like a walk in the park. The hardest part of the job is answering the complex questions that the customer/clients have, but as your knowledge grows this struggle diminishes. – less
Average company
Brokerage Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: profit sharing is fair
Cons: poor management
Minimum opportunities for career advancements.
Replacing older workers with young graduates.
Good Place to Work
Defined Benefits Representative II (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 5, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on campus, nice campus environment, lots of incentives
Cons: short lunches, so much work for an entry level position, micro-management
Its a nice place to work, but the phone experience is highly micro managed. No time off the phones throughout the day. Overtime is almost mandatory; using sick time is looked bad upon. Very hard to move within the company. Very hard to network, but that is the way to get where you want to be.

Great benefits, great experience with role.

If you are – more... looking to get involved with a financial institution this is the place to start. But there are lots of people that are stuck in this role. – less
Fidelity is a great place to work at
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Westlake, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: w/l balance
Cons: pay is lower and location is far from downtown dallas
Fidelity has many employee perks. Great benefits, W/L Balance, supportive management, and others are always willing to help with any questions you might have. Overall its a great company but the location is quite a drive if you live outside of grapevine/ fort worth area.
A learning experience
Product Manager (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJune 4, 2014
I learned more about Corporate America from my time at Fidelity than anything else and I took more from that than actual job experience.
N/A
Fund Accounting Analyst II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 1, 2014
Great place to gain a lot of analyst experience in different fields.
Good Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 27, 2014
Need to know someone to get ahead. Do not work in small departments.
Very customer focused
Vice President / Brokerage General Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 27, 2014
Great company always focused on doing what is right for the clients.
Great Learning Experience
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHMay 25, 2014
It was a great place to begin a career. You are on the phone 24/7 though.
Good company
Electronic Response Representative (Current Employee), Covington, KYMay 20, 2014
Very good company with good benefits. Good people work here.
I love making a difference in the customer's life
Retirement Representative (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHMay 17, 2014
Pros: wonderful management and people to work with
Cons: not enough breaks or time to learn added job responsibilities
A typical day of me working as a call center representative is mainly being on the phone all day long, call after call. There are three breaks throughout the day, otherwise you have your headset on and are talking to customers.

This job has given me the opportunity to no longer be shy, and improved my communiation skills significantly. I have grown – more... so much from this, is has impacted my life inside and outside of work, and I am very grateful for this.

Management is great and they treat you like family. My co-workers and I always help each other out when the other is in need, be it questions or shift swaps, we are truly there for each other.

The hardest part of my job is more and more is being added to my job role, with no pay increase, and limited time to learn. I am not interested in being a financial representative, I am interested in helping the customer with all their needs, as the job originally started as. More breaks are needed throughout the day, to be able to get up from our desks and away from the phone for a little.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in people's lives. I am there for the customers and go above and beyond my job role for the customers. Incoming call centers are not expected to do customer call backs, however I will for a customer that is in need or only wants to speak with me (ie. watching to make sure their paperwork was approved for a hardship situation and calling them back after checking their account). Customers notice how patient and passionate I am for helping them and on a regular basis ask to speak with my manager. I don't do it for the recognition, I do it because I want to be that person that makes an impact on people, and their lives. – less

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos