Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXDecember 18, 2017
Company offers great benefits. Can move around from department to departments but difficult for minorities and females to enter into management. Workplace culture is positive as long as you don't disappoint the wrong person.
benefits
Cons
upward mobility
Always oppertunity to excell and training provided
Transfer of assets (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 18, 2017
Very cordinated working atmosphere; team efforts encouraged. New training in various jobs are provided regularly and promoting from within always open and encouraged to their employees. Great benefits and working schedules designed to fit each employee. Would recommend this employer as a top notch company to work for.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, breakfast, or snacks. Also provides rewards for employees throughout the different departments i
fun place
Territory Sales Advisor/Assistant to Vice-Pres (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2017
I also appreciate the work you devoted to creating a well-written, and perceptive response. Thoughts are important, but they have to be expressed well, and thanks for your grammar and punctuation this week!
Fast paced, competitive environment
Director, Vulnerability Remediation (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 18, 2017
At Fidelity Investments, you'll discover challenges that excite you as you develop professionally and explore many career paths based on your interests and abilities. Ambitious, talented individuals excel, and others leave. Teamwork and collaboration is fostered and innovative ideas and fresh thinking is encouraged.
Pros
Many different career paths are available
Cons
work /life balance is skewed toward work
Overall Good place to work
Senior Defined Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 17, 2017
Fidelity is a great place to work. It has great benefits, a work/life balance, and my coworkers are some of my best friends. However, for a high performer Fidelity is difficult. Fidelity has a rigid bureaucratic system so it is hard to move up. They even made us watch a video encouraging us to take lateral moves instead of vertical. This year they implemented a new salary structure where employees do not get raises every year.

In North Carolina, there are 4 large divisions, IT and the Call Center make up 75%. HR and Charitable make up the other 25%. How is there not a finance department in NC, with UNC and Duke 10 miles down the road?

If you are someone who is content in their role, and just wants to come in, do their job, and go home, Fidelity is for you.
fid review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXDecember 16, 2017
overall a great company that cares about its customers and employees.
Not alot of career mobility and does not have competitive pay,
Has great benefits and a great culture.
Would be a great place to end your career at but unfortunately comes up short for newer graduates
Great place to work!
Payroll Tax Issue Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 16, 2017
I was lured to Fidelity by their recruiter when they serviced large company payrolls. I had just moved to NH so at the time I figured I'd just take the job "for now" until I find a "real" job. I had always had my own office with a door so going to work in a "cube" environment I thought was degrading. It wasn't long before I realized that my skills and talent were recognized even from a cube. There was great opportunity for advancement and I moved up several times during my years there. They moved their payroll operations to Raleigh NC and unfortunately, I was not able to relocate at that time. Otherwise, I'm sure I would still be working for Fidelity!
Pros
Fun people to work with, great cafeteria!
Cons
Not all managers are good. You get mostly good; but an occasional bad
Salary
Senior Margin Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 16, 2017
I left do to financial reasons. Was putting my children through college. Needed an increase in salary. This was the main reason for leaving. Enjoyed my time working at Fidelity.
Loved working at Fidelity
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 15, 2017
I worked at Fidelity for more than 20 years and learned a lot during my time at the company. I loved every position I had from Executive Secretary to Financial Representative. Fidelity offers their employees many opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
Fully vested in your 401k after 5 years
Cons
Longer hours during tax season
All depends on the team you are on
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXDecember 14, 2017
Your performance and advancement depend as much on your management as they do your performance. The pay is good, benefits are good, and the facility is nice.
Friendly coworkers and environment
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2017
Coworkers are enjoyable to work with, and very helpful with providing assistance with questions. There is an employee-only instant messenger in which employees are able to communicate with each other while working to provide assistance to fellow coworkers when needed. All employees are required to dress business casual at least, but some prefer to dress in full professional business attire. The work environment is very relaxed among coworkers. Training for the position is very stressful as training is 8 weeks and the amount of information and technical knowledge learned is extensive. There is a fully equipped gym available downstairs to all employees and an exceptional cafeteria with professional and experienced staff.
Pros
Gym available in building, incredible cafeteria and staff with professional credentials, professional attire
Cons
Extensive training; technical and position information needed to be learned is extensive.
Great Company
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 14, 2017
Great company. Surrounded by hard working people who are willing to teach and train. The training program is well done and definitely meant to set every employee up for success
Great Place to Work!
Transaction Processing Representative II (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 13, 2017
Fidelity was a great place to work!
I have no complaints... benefits were great, people were great!
Work life balance was great!
My department I worked in for 4 years was outsourced to New Mexico, or I would still be there.
I think the thing I learned the most at Fidelity was time management. I worked in RPO Paper.. production and time management was very important. Quality was very important also. Hardest part of the job would be the physical part.. lifting heavy trays of mail... and moving heaving shred bins when they were full. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say were the people. The people were very nice, very helpful.
Management was management, they were good. I think management is a tough job, you just can't please everyone.
They were fair.
Pros
compensation, benefits, time off
Cons
sometimes long hours during busy tax season
Fairly boring work and stupid management
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 13, 2017
The managers are very stupid. For the most part managers only are managers because they can't perform the requirements of the positions they manage. It is a very backwards system.
Good compensation and opportunity to learn and grow
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 12, 2017
Fidelity pays for performance so you work hard and you get compensated with bonus and recognition. Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities to learn and unbelievable benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Very demanding culture
Make sure this is the company for you!
Transaction Processing Representative III (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 12, 2017
A teachers pet gets you a long way within this company. Very little to no time for yourself because the work load and is very intense. Pays well once hired on, but it will take you about 1 1/2-2 years to receive an on-boarding offer letter.
what you learned
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2017
Fidelity was a great corporate company to work for. I learned alot from working there and made alot o friends. It would be nice if there was some forced growth to let people stay and earn .
Great environment for growth
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 11, 2017
The company is a great place to work with a lot of room for growth. You can certainly find folks from all different backgrounds and experiences that are driven and hard working.
Great Place to work
Quality Assurance Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 8, 2017
Great place to work as a temporary employee. Management was knowledgeable about business. Food in cafeteria was excellent . Workplace was quiet and calm.
Challenging and stimulating work environment
Director, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIDecember 8, 2017
Fidelity is a great place to work. People there are smart and passionate about their work. In order to be successful you must be willing to change, as reorganization is frequent. Benefits are very generous.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Cons
Can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.