Overall Good place to work
Senior Defined Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) – Durham, NC – December 17, 2017
Fidelity is a great place to work. It has great benefits, a work/life balance, and my coworkers are some of my best friends. However, for a high performer Fidelity is difficult. Fidelity has a rigid bureaucratic system so it is hard to move up. They even made us watch a video encouraging us to take lateral moves instead of vertical. This year they implemented a new salary structure where employees do not get raises every year.
In North Carolina, there are 4 large divisions, IT and the Call Center make up 75%. HR and Charitable make up the other 25%. How is there not a finance department in NC, with UNC and Duke 10 miles down the road?
If you are someone who is content in their role, and just wants to come in, do their job, and go home, Fidelity is for you.