Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

Great job where you can begin your career as a stock broker
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), American Fork, UTNovember 14, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Fidelity. The culture and work environment will be tough to beat.
Upon Request
Investment Representative (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: upon request
Cons: upon request
Great place to work when in the right position and under certain management
No Advancement
Analyst (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHNovember 7, 2014
Fidelity Investments is not what it used to be. Since they started sending thousands of jobs to India and China, the quality of work performed has drastically declined. It seems that the only onshore jobs are to fix the errors caused by the offshore associates and to be the "client facing" contact. Unfortunately, they are deceptive and do not notify their clients that the work is being performed offshore. Employees are specifically prohibited to disclosing that the work is not being done in the United States and are told to state "one of my collegues" when referring to an error or something that has caused a dissatisfaction to their clients.

Unfortunately, if you are looking for a career with advancement, Fidelity is not for you. HR Corporate Policy actually prohibits current employees to "skip grade levels" and, unfortunately there are very few management jobs. There are tons of director and VP levels available, however without a management level position, it is impossible for a senior analyst or any other position to get to the next level.
Great company
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), USANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: compensation is fair but does not seem commensurate of work performed.
Overall, this company is a great company to work for! If you need a start, this is a great place to get your foot in the door and learn the ropes of corporate America. You learn and build on the skills needed to further your career. The people here are friendly, open and motivated.
Productive and Fun
Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Benefits
OPERATIONS ASSET MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE III (Former Employee), Covington, KYNovember 3, 2014
Great benefits offered by this employer. The people are what make this organization great.
nice environment but little to compensate
Administrative and Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Durham, North CarolinaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: clean environment
Cons: too much work for what they pay
I worked for this company over 4 years without them making me permanent
Its a good company to work
Senior Consultant (Design and Development) (Current Employee), Jersey CityOctober 30, 2014
Pros: work life balance
I work for UXD team and Its a good team to work with. They treat consultants the same way as the full-timers.
Great place but they make employees easily replaceable
Teller III (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: company turnover
Great company but they act like they care about their employees more than they do. At the end of the day I saw them kick more great workers and employees out and not work with them more than any company. Basically they are great but consider anyone to be replaceable and will have no problem doing so
Inbound only call center
Financial Representative- Trader (Current Employee), Westlake, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: work 4x10's
Cons: take a 1000 calls a month
Decent intro to the financial industry. Take 40-50 calls a day. Most calls are from annoyed, uneducated customers who are looking to reset their password or take a distribution.
great onboarding support, but with scheduling challenges.
Mutual Fund Trader (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COOctober 25, 2014
Pros: company assisted licensing training
Cons: fluctuating scheduling requirements.
Was able to obtain securities licensing with company support in order to service business and individual accounts. Pleasant work environment with fun co-workers. The challenges were evident in scheduling and work shift requirements.
Fidelity very good company, LPS a very tough enviroment to enjoy
Senior REO Title Examiner (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: enjoyed all of my time at fidelity
Cons: lps was a tough place to work, after coming from fidelity
Really enjoyed my time with Fidelity, we were over on Redhill, got right in on the start of the REO boom, grew very fast, then moved to Irvine and became LPS..
401k Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great company....great benefits
Cons: nothing
This job taught me how to help people with their retirement investments. Learned how to trade stocks in a timely fashion as well as help customers understand the pros and cons of using of moving their retirement funds
Ability to motivate and others and myself, which caused me to transition through other positions.
Customer Service Rep, In-Team Trainer, Team Leader (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TexasOctober 21, 2014
Pros: my work was recognized and valued, i had the abilit to challenge myself daily, i loved the team atmosphere.
Cons: my work/ life balance was not as high as i would have liked.
I began working for Fidelity Investments, SW in Las Colinas, Texas as a customer service representative. I was working the evening shift for some time, but due to my dedication to the team in getting the job done, no matter what the cost; I was moved to the day shift to motivate others around me. I was slowly being given managerial responsibilities by my manager who was mentoring me to be her replacement. I was given the opportunity to become a team trainer on new programs, polices and procedures, etc. to my team in the Transfer of Assets Department. Due to my success as a trainer within my group I was asked to teach 600 representatives in our Southwest Center on quality initiatives. Given my success in training, it allowed me to quickly transition to Team Leader under the direction of Manger. As a Team Leader I was the go-to person for direction on any problem that representatives may have been having in processing requests for transfers. I handled escalated calls if the representative was asking for a supervisor. I became their front-line supervisor where the department became noted for high scores in caller satisfaction, responsiveness and accuracy.

Unfortunately, my father passed away while I was working in Dallas. I decided to leave my position at Fidelity to return to New Orleans to be closer to family.
Fast growth culture
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHOctober 21, 2014
A very good place to work if considering long term future in finance. Lot to learn technically.
Financial Planning Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: one fidelity approach
Cons: very robotic feel; no room for creativity.
Great experience once you are in and trained the Fidelity way.
Large workload and fast paced
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoOctober 20, 2014
large workload and very complex. However rewarding in the fact that you are able to help people with their financial needs.
Very professional and ever-embracing ideas and thoughts
(Temp Contract Assignments) Retirement & Benefits (Former Employee), Westlake, TXOctober 20, 2014
Although I have only had the opportunity to work on a contract/temporary basis, Fidelity remains to be, to me, a superb place to work. The staff, of all ages, is very professional, if not the most professional in ethics, integrity, and dress. I always felt I was among very educated and promising individuals when there during my three assignments.
Relaxed Place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), bostonOctober 17, 2014
Pros: relaxed work, work from home option.
Cons: not good for freshers
Its a really good company to work for but if your a fresher , you wont be learning much .
Productive place to work
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Marlboro, MAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great expirience
Cons: too far drive
Stayed there too short to give honest review but manager there was really nice and approchable

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history of making financial expertise accessible and effective in helping people live – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos