Fidelity Investments
1,019 reviews

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

A great place for growth
Client Service Managment (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJanuary 7, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at Fidelity for 10 years. I obtained a strong foundation in benefits and defined contribution plans. The management staff assists their employees to grow within the company so that it is not just a job but an establishment for careers.
It was a great learning experience
FFAS Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJanuary 7, 2015
The culture at Fidelity was extremely constructive. I really felt like I was part of a team while working at Fidelity. All of my co workers were easygoing while still being career focused and driven.
It was a good job with decent compensation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: wonder people to work with, never bored, always challenged, clear expectations, room for advancement at all times
Cons: the hours did not work with our need for me to be home with our children
I worked for Fidelity for almost 5 years. I left because we started a family and decided I would stay home to raise our children. The job was challenging, fun, and rewarding. Fast paced, structured, and busy are three things that made this job perfect for me. I had a lot of room to advance and had really wonderful benefits.
Professional Organization
Sr. Director Performance Consulting (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJanuary 5, 2015
Professional results drive organization. Excellent benefits package and quality work life balance.
Excellent company
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: unlimited growth potential
Cons: no cons
Excellent company. Strong senior leadership with a vision for the future. Emphasis placed on employee job satisfaction with opportunities for personal and professional development. Great co-workers, working environment, and overall business culture.
Great Advancement
Brokerage Operations Representative II (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: full cafeteria and coffee shop at campus. small gym on campus as well.
Cons: short or no breaks/lunch. management is lacking in skill and education.
Opportunities for advancement are plentiful if you work hard. Employee appreciation was abundant through employee committee. Great benefits and pay is high for area, however work load is not comparable. Use of Texas Right to work is used to the advantage of managers. Breaks would be removed and mandatory work through lunch was abundant through end of year to end of tax season. Business casual work attire required despite an office atmosphere and call center. Co-workers are consider family as time spent at work is more than you spend with your own family. Micromanagement is used in call center to make sure they know when you are at your desk at all times. Typing out to use the restroom were used to know where all employees were at all times. Kind of felt as being back in elementary school with the principal always near by.
Great place to work and had so much in my short time contract
Test Manual and Automation Engineer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 1, 2015
Great place to work and had so much in my short time contract
Learned alot about Trading and mainframe system
Had great time with co-workers
Fun and cool people
Mail Sorter/Material Handler (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXDecember 28, 2014
Had a preshift meeting everyday and stretched. Management was outstanding and very fun. Co-workers are a lot of fun with a small crew of about of 13 people er shift. Hardest part of the job was leaving my job. Mostly enjoyed everything about it, wish I still worked there.
Good company to work with
Sr. DB Engineer/ System Analyst (Current Employee), MerrimackDecember 28, 2014
Pros: cream people you work with, good work-life balance
Cons: if i have to think that says i don't see any to mention here.
-- Very nice culture , Almost no discrimination between contractor & FTE for work
-- Managers / team supports/honor your opinion over the work.
-- Provides opportunity to work on good Key initiative project & believe you
-- Manager step up to help /protect you for your troubles.
-- Just not techy but also help you understand business.
Overall , if you show little potential, Fidelity gives you chance to enhance it as much as possible.
n/a
Buy In and Stock Loan Representative (Former Employee), jersey city njDecember 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Completed publicly traded and private placement securities, i.e. equities, fixed income, bonds, foreign securities, derivatives, futures and option. Highly interactive with various departments within Fidelity and across the financial industry.
• Reconciled and settled daily multiple securities for National Financial Services based on information obtained from generated reports.
• Interacted with Foreign Trading Department, Government Clearing, Equity Trade Desk, Physical Securities, and Mutual Funds Departments for the research and resolution of trading issues.
• Utilized problem solving, communication, investigation, documentation, and problem resolution skills in interactions with brokerage firms throughout the financial market with National Financial Services.
• Pay attention to detail to minimize risk to firm.
• Provided strong relationship building skills both inside unit and with outside firms.
• Utilized systems such as DTC, Smart Track (including CNS), and Fidelity internal mainframe systems (Autocage, PMNU Trade Engine, and FBSI [Fidelity Brokerage Services Interface]).
Productive and professional work environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks. not much off phone time.
Professional environment. Would take inbound phone calls for the majority of the shift depending on call volumes. Learned how to deal with clients and work with them to get their needs accomplished.
great company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 17, 2014
what a progressive company to work for ! my experience was great.
Free soda and starbucks coffee
Database Engineer (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCDecember 16, 2014
Several layers of management as well as layers of bureaucracy. Hostile work enviroment.
sales
Financial Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
provides annuities, mutual funds, managed accounts, and cash management
Great experience working at Fidelity
Senior Trading Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2014
Fidelity treats people fairly and strives always to be the best in everything they do. They are constantly growing and learning and encourage self-actualization in their employees. The corporate culture is rich and wonderful, and I would recommend anyone entering the industry to go to Fidelity. They set the standard for excellence in brokerage.
Enjoy working with all management and staff - a very friendly environment.
Admin.Assistant/ Project Coord./ Event Planner (Current Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 12, 2014
Every day is something new!
I learned that employees do need a lot of different things on a daily basis. They also need to know that whatever it is, is important.
The management here is the greatest. Very helpful and very pleasant.
My co-workers treat me with respect. I have a great repore with all of them.
The most enjoyable part of this job, is everything I do and who I do it for. There is not one thing I like better than the other. I have many "hats" here, and I can honestly say, I like them all!
Great company but you need to play the game
Manager, Line HR Operations (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, pay, balance
Cons: managing up, success depends on who you know
Great company with great benefits however depending on who you know and how you play the game determines your success there.
Solid company with potential to grow
Regional Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2014
If you want to be a financial advisor, there is no better place. There is plenty of opportunity and the company is growing.
Typical Call Center Environment
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Covington, KYDecember 8, 2014
A typical day as a service representative involves being on the phone continually. During peak season, all off-phone activities are usually cancelled -- such as team meetings, coaching, trainings, ect.

Hardest part of the job is that while on the phone, you have no idea what the next call could bring. Some calls are relatively easy and wrap up quickly. Other calls are time-consuming as it requires contacting multiple departments just to figure out where to direct a customer.

Also, the "open" work space is extremely distracting, especially in a call center environment. You are typically seated at a desk that is one side of a five-desk wall unit, meaning you are frequently in the midst of others also talking on the phone. Even worse, when others get up to take a break and bump you while you are on a call. For that reason, the environment may be a hindrance for anyone who relishes personal space and privacy. It does not exist at Fidelity.

Most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the market and really feeling as if you helped a customer by navigating a tricky trade or understanding why something has happened in his/her account.
Industry Leader with Strong Culture and Proven Results
Vice President, HR Shared Services (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: singular focus on quality and excellence
Fidelity Investments is a tremendous place to work - filled with smart, articulate and driven people who take pride in high-quality work and a focus on the end customer in all things.

The work environment rewards diligence, preparation and collaboration as well as a willingness to present more than one approach to a solution.

The margin for error is slim, and that creates, sometimes, a very competitive environment.

Fidelity is an excellent employer - forward-thinking, tech-savvy and dominates a very competitive landscape.

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history of making financial expertise accessible and effective in helping people live – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos