Fidelity Investments

1.3K reviews

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

An excellent investment firm with a primary focus on customer service.
Financial Associate I (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 18, 2015
Fidelity Investments is an amazing company to work with. They offer benefits and compensation that far exceeds what most of their competitors offer. Customer service is their number on priority above all else. They instruct employees, like myself, that work with the employees of client organizations to try and anticipate an individual's future needs as well as their immediate. This organization and the financial services industry is in a constant state of dynamic change. The training and support offered by management has helped myself and countless other employees learn to embrace and adapt to an ever changing environment. Fidelity's management also maintains a high level of interest in their employees' well-being.
Pros
Management, compensation, benefits, culture, customer focus.
Cons
You may need to relocate to other areas of the country when you wish to advance your career.
A Great time, a great company!
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 16, 2015
Amazing workplace with much freedom and the ability to advance. As an employee, I was able to almost choose my own path, even as an intern. Though I had much guidance, I was also give a lot of flexibility.
Pros
Healthy food options, Gym on site, Flexible hours.
amazing
Previous Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 16, 2015
this was the best environment and company to work for. if i could back i would the people and the staff are amazing loved it!
A great place to work with managers that really appreciate us!
Electronic Publishing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 13, 2015
The work is very intense and detailed, but the managers are very supportive. The best part is working with my colleagues, they are kind, friendly and fun! I have learned so much personally and love that I work with honest, dedicated people that value high quality work.
Pros
Beautiful location with a pond to walk on my lunch break
Cons
Tight deadlines
Productive Work Environment
Senior Systems Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 13, 2015
Typical PM duties and also perform as scrum master
I have over 25 years experience as a Senior Project Manager
I really enjoyed working with different cultures
The hardest part of my job was getting other groups to be flexible
Pros
work from home mostly
Oversight of multiple parallel projects, initiatives
Director Technology management,Project Management (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2015
Large company with lot of flexibility and perks. The top level management is very supportive. Significant amount of politics/power struggles that can be expected in a big company in the middle management layers.
Pros
Plenty of lateral growth
Cons
Big company struggles
Fidelity is a great company
Implementation Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2015
A great company to work for. The pay is very fair and there is a lot of room for growth. I enjoyed working with my co-workers there.
Software Engineer
Software engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 8, 2015
My work experience is good , good project knowledge
awareness. But they ended my project quite early than my contract.
The reason also was not quite clear. But its a good company to look forward to work with on career basis
A number of individuals stay in the same position for years
o Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 8, 2015
I felt there was a glass ceiling. Not just for myself but for a number of individuals. Unless you move around from type of job to type of job you may remain in the same position for years with no opportunity for advancement. Many people are comfortable with this however if you are striving for advancement it becomes very disheartening.

I experienced almost 80% turnover in my last 3 years with Fidelity and it made me feel unappreciated. A lot of the people who left did so because of compensation.

Fidelity taught me to stand on my own two feet. I am worth more than my job and I deserve better than average.
Pros
401K bonus annually and 401K match
Cons
lack of support from management and glass ceilings
Awesome place to work
Used HP Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2015
good incentives
Good team and manager
Fast pace work flow
Get to learn different financial applications
Great staff to work with
Love this place!
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work. Great people and great management! They are very helpful and have great benefits for you and your family.
Liked the Business
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 7, 2015
I really liked working with my co workers, but I just thought that the call center wasn't for me. There is a lot that goes into the phone calls. Everything about the overall goal I loved. Everyone who I worked with awesome.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
On the phones the whole time.
Busy and Fun, Close to home
Scanner/Processor (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed this job as well except I didn't enjoy working on Sundays. The work was fast pace but OK. We worked as teams and if we had questions we could ask others for help answering them. All seemed to work together nicely. They had an onsite cafeteria which was nice and also department activities and outings. This was the company I first learned how to scan and helped me with my last job. We stayed busy for the most part and when we were slow I volunteered to work in other departments.
Pros
Day time hours, good work area
Cons
Working on Sunday
Great atmosphere with good benefits and employee recognition.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 29, 2015
Fidelity Investments is a great place to work if you like a good work atmosphere with good benefits. The company recognized that its employees are a great asset to its success and makes sure that their employees know that. They have great medical benefits and 401k match.
Pros
Great Benefits
This internship help build my PM Skills in IT
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 28, 2015
The internship was great I loved everything I've learned and I hope that this helps me in the future and also help find new employment.
Encourage Advancement
Integrated Beneficiary Qualification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NMSeptember 25, 2015
I was impressed that you were able to meet higher level management to advance your career from Day 1 of employment. I had never encountered this sort of employment culture before.
Great Place to Work
High Net Worth Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYSeptember 22, 2015
Fidelity is a great place to work with great benefits. It is a fast paced environment that is always changing but overall it is good place to start a career.
Solid company w/ nice benfits
Investment Consultant (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 21, 2015
Fidelity is a leader in the financial services industry. The firm provides its employees with opportunities to service clients either in the local branches or over the phone in the capacity of a service representative or as a wealth planner. There are also opportunities to specialize in more niche areas such as fixed income, annuities, mutual funds, etc.
Great work environment with intelligent co-workers
Research Analyst Intern - Fixed Income (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHSeptember 20, 2015
Had a great experience working at Fidelity. Surrounded by smart, hard-working people within a collaborative environment.
Great company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2015
Fidelity Investments is a great company to work for once you get your foot in the door! Pay is great, great hours, great company culture.