Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews in United States

Fidelity
Marketing Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2016
Great company to work, great team environment. Management was friendly and supportive. The most enjoyable part was helping clients to fulfill their needs.
Good Company
Financial Advisor Services (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIApril 20, 2016
I have worked for Fidelity for almost 10 yrs and my overall experience with management is great. Fidelity provides a tremendous amount of resources for skill development and education. Most units/companies at Fidelity have top notch training. Some do not have any training at all...it is on the job. Most of managers listened to suggestions with value and acted on them quickly. Change does happen. Overall a good company.
Pros
Privately owned, innovative, opportunities to develop. great reputation
Cons
Your manager can control your destiny in the company. Not the hiighest paying, the culture between different Fidelity companies or units can be very different
Awesome company with lots of recognition and advancement.
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 20, 2016
Fidelity has been really good to me and everyone else on my team. It's a great atmosphere and so far all my managers have been amazing. They have incredible benefits, and if you work hard, you'll see a lot of growth and movement. Some people do burn out being on the phones a lot, but there are chances to do different things. I've been there 6 months and already got 2 promotions. They really care about your ideas and success. If you ever have a problem with something, just talk to a manager and they will really do what they can to fix it.
Pros
Outstanding benefits, good pay, fun place to work, they listen to your suggestions
Cons
Tiring work sometimes, hours not flexible sometimes, training doesn't cover everything you may need to learn
Brand new opportunity for everyone involved
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2016
A start up division at Fidelity Investments to begin to distribute mutual funds through the broker/dealer industry. Came with its challenges mostly due the timing - Just before the 500 point correction in 1987.
Pros
Relocation to San Francisco
Cons
Limited investment opportunities for my clients
great place to work, needed to get away from boston
Financial Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2016
great place to work, great location/office in downtown. needed to get a job closer to home to be with family and kids. not a true finance shop, only dealt with chargeback and little to do with cash and balance sheets.
Pros
great company
Cons
little advancement
One of the best companies in Financial/ Banking space to work with
Systems Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 13, 2016
This company has a great working culture; you get varied opportunities to work on multiple areas and lead from the front on the tasks that you take
If you want to strengthen your business and technical acumen, this is the place to be
Challenging because i had the chance to work on full stack, but enjoyable at the same time
Multitasker
Investor Center Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 13, 2016
At Fidelity i was employed there during the financial crash. We were working 72 hours. However as a team an a great company we came through it an satisfied the customer
Inexpensive financial services
Private Client Specialist- Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 12, 2016
Fidelity does a great job creating planned 401k's and has a large team base to help with any and all financial needs. Customer service is always available to help clients with questions in and out of the office
Good benefits; respectful work environment
Fund Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHApril 11, 2016
Good benefits; Overtime may be required at times. Many different job opportunities. There is some in class training which can include software programs like Access and Excel.
Pros
Benefits: 401k, healthcare, profit sharing
Typical Work Day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 11, 2016
I would like to sum it up by saying the training was on hands, the co-workers were very helpful .I ran different machinery depending on the work that had to be done first for the day. The challenging part was making sure the proper postage and pallet tag was right for each job .The mgmt. were very on hands with any issues we would have or questions. We had a Fun Comm. that would come up with different activites each mth.
Pros
Lunches and rewards plus gift cards
Cons
Last minute ot would be asked at the end of shift
Great benefits and environment - Not much advancement opportunity
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXApril 11, 2016
Fidelity has great benefits with a 7% matching 401k and 10% salary profit sharing. Their base salary is a bit low but they try to make up for it through a fixed bonus structure. Associates at 15%, Seniors 20%, Managers getting 25%, Directors 30% and VP and above at 35+%. They also give out private stock that matures yearly at an internal NAV around $100/share. Fidelity works hard to create a pleasant working environment. Main drawback with Fidelity is that their isn't much room for growth after a certain point No one ever retires from Fidelity prior to 40 years of service it seems...so it makes it hard to have open opportunities and mobility once you get to a Director level.
Benefits
Cons
Growth opportunity
Good place to start
High Net Worth Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXApril 6, 2016
Overall good place to start your career with lots of advancement opportunities and career variety, and they will train those switching careers.
Pros
Onsite amenities
Cons
Difficult to get away from office for breaks and lunches.
Fun while it lasted
Payroll Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 4, 2016
Fidelity was a fun place to work with great people, but the company is always in a state of fluctuation were they go through rounds of lay offs and then hiring sprees.
Fidelity Investments' National Financial End User Support Role
Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIApril 4, 2016
Typical day take 20 calls and process 30 emails

I learned that "Team work makes the Dream work"

Mgmt tends to be hands-off when it comes to training and quality control

Co-workers are usually over-achievers who work hard

Hardest part of job is dealing with ramifications of mgmt's lack of training and quality control

Most enjoyable part of job is we can work from home up to 3 days/week; great benefits including 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, bonuses and student loan payoff assistance
Pros
Great work/life balance; benefits; beautiful campus and workspace
Cons
Hard to move up if you dont know someone; Mgmt pushes work on Associates outside job description
Great company
Defined Contributions Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2016
Fidelity shows their associates that they really do care for them with the benefits and support that are given to them everyday!
good benefits
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2016
Good benefits, located in Boston, Private company, I have been there 5 years and been promoted every 18 mos. or less. Conservative culture with a large company feel.
Nice Worklplace
401k Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 1, 2016
Highly secure work area with dedicated individuals to converse with at lunch. My workplace had a nice cafe and a place to work out. i lost like four dress sizes.they matched 401k.
Pros
work out
Cons
no pention or group sessions or bonuses
work first life style
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHApril 1, 2016
The company does a great job at focusing on the details. They have a very well outlined routine. Sitting at a desk and ripping phone calls is the name of the game. Very long days, with not much excitement.
Great compay
Work Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMarch 31, 2016
Fidelity is a great company with lots of opportunity to grow. I learned a lot of leadership skills here and would go back if the distance wasnt so far.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Excellent
Full Trader (Current Employee) –  West Lake, TXMarch 29, 2016
Fidelity is the best company that I have ever worked for. The culture is amazing, supportive, and caring. The company cares about your career goals and job advancement the moment they interview you. I've learned about leadership and emotional intelligence. My manager is very attentive but gives me autonomy and allows me to be me. The hardest part of the job is learning the finance industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the finance industry.

Fidelity Investments Reviews by Location