Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Found 1,143 reviews matching the search
Work duties
Print Op 1/Material handler (Former Employee) –  Taylormill, KYOctober 29, 2016
At the beginning of each shift, we gathered for a start of shift meeting where the work from the previous shift was summerized. The tasks were then doled out and everybody went about their job
Within the ten years that I worked there I grew from a material processor stuffing envelopes and building benefit enrollment kits to running three different types of Xerox printers, and a Paragon to apply postage for the thousands of outgoing items sent out via USPS and the QuadraImax that allowed ceretian information to be sent out in book format.
Pros
the end to end process of well known and understood.
Cons
traing wasn't widely offered, limiting room for advancement.
Fun Place to Work
Proactive Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2016
Fun place to work, generally a call center environment, but professional and challenging work. Tied to phones all day and not a lot of personal development from management.
Pros
Great resources, fun, challenging
Cons
Not a lot of advancement
Highly professional environment
Oracle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIDecember 15, 2016
A perfect place to gain some good quality experience and create good connections. For someone who is willing to learn and add on more responsibilities, this is a good company to work with.
Also great culture with pleasant people to work with.
Pros
Decent flexibility provided as long as you are committed to your work.
Cons
People can easily be transferred to other groups, which is not bad for someone who looks forward to a variety of experience.
Great Company, Great Benefits, medium pay
Investment Center Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 11, 2016
Enjoyed the culture. Lots of opportunity to advance and managers were wiling to work with you to create a plan and execute it for advancement.
Great place to work with great benefits
INVESTMENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2016
Great company to work for. You have to be a self starter as there isn't much training for you. People I worked with are great and as long as you work hard your potential is unlimited. Great benefits.
Pros
Cons
Not very flexible hours
Great working environment and management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2016
Provides great pay and benefits. The customer service representative position I currently hold for Health and Insurance and 401K plans is challenging and different every day.

I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the managers that I had the privilege of working for. I don't think I have had better managers or management who understand the pressures of facing complex and difficult issues.
Pros
7% match in 401K. Comparable Medical and Dental Benefits. Has cafeteria on campus.
Cons
Sometimes you may get escalated, upset and unreasonable customers.
Nice workspace, low opportunity
Retirement Brokerage Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 1, 2016
Not much upward mobility, but at least the benefits were ok in order to supplement the terrible pay structure there. The management was average at best, but the firm did a lot into making the campus decent. Lots of walls between departments making communication ineffective. Transparency occasionally an issue with some management, not all.
Great Colleagues and Great Working Environment
DB Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 20, 2017
Fidelity is the kind of company that works hard to make sure that its employees feel supported and well-equipped to handle what they experience in their work day.

The only drawback to working there as phone representative is what any person working as one anywhere will tell you. Participants can be snippy, unkind, and impatient. There are some expectations that come with calling someone on the phone. No one wants to be on the line for very long and they want results. No one wants the issue to take more than one call either. When all these expectations fall in line with what you can do, everything is great. Of course that is not how many calls each day end up turning out and the stress of dealing with the ramifications of doing all that I can and still having issues with pleasing a customer were really difficult for me.

Personally, I think Fidelity needs to forego the call centers and instead creates offices that people can go to speak with people in person about the management of their pensions or health insurance plans.
Pros
great people, good cafeteria for regular 9-5 staff, lovely office, great management
Cons
short breaks, highly stressful depending on personal temperament
Fidelity Investments - Rep
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2016
Excellent place to begin working in finance. Reputable firm that you can feel good about working for. Great company culture and a team-oriented environment. The pay level leaves a little bit to be desired, particularly if you enter without your industry certifications.
Personal and Professional growth
Electronic Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Working for Fidelity Investments is a great experience, learning skills that I will use for my life time. Also, a great working environment with senior management always finding new ways to make work an enjoyable experience. Co-workers work as a team with everyone willing to help each out.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Fixed schedule
Great benefits with a lot of opportunity if you fit in
Guidance Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 30, 2016
If you apply yourself and can network well you can be very successful here.
Feels a bit like a frat at times where if you are one of the boys you are well liked and looked after, if you aren't part of the click it takes a lot more to advance.

Aside from that it is an amazing place to work with amazing benefits.
Pros
pay for licensing with great opportunities to move around
Cons
can feel too much like a frat, if you aren't part of the clique you definitely feel like an outsider
wonderful, collaborative experience
Sr. Internal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2016
worked there over 20 yrs ago so review is certainly dated. excellent environment to grow/develop deeper professional skills. colleagues became lifelong friends. compensation was generous at the time.
Pros
excellent professional challenges
Cons
Great company to work for
Equity Trader (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIAugust 8, 2016
Fidelity is a great company who reward their employees with great benefits and a great work/life balance. Employees work hard and understand that there is a Fidelity standard that needs to be met for the clients sake and overall success of the company.
Pros
great atmosphere, employees and compensation
Cons
productive fun place to work
Financial Associate Define Contributions (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYFebruary 6, 2017
Company cares about the employee
great training
on going training
advancement opportunities

This company is very much about training the employee to fully understand their position and how to connect and serve the client.
Very customer service oriented.
Good Company
Financial Advisor Services (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIApril 20, 2016
I have worked for Fidelity for almost 10 yrs and my overall experience with management is great. Fidelity provides a tremendous amount of resources for skill development and education. Most units/companies at Fidelity have top notch training. Some do not have any training at all...it is on the job. Most of managers listened to suggestions with value and acted on them quickly. Change does happen. Overall a good company.
Pros
Privately owned, innovative, opportunities to develop. great reputation
Cons
Your manager can control your destiny in the company. Not the hiighest paying, the culture between different Fidelity companies or units can be very different
Great benefits
Staffing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 14, 2016
Good benefits
Work life balance is some departments is excellent. Not so good in others.
Great environment for a long term career.
Great work environment with a lot of opportunity
401(k) Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 7, 2016
Fidelity is a great place to start a professional career. They offer readily accessible training and mentoring. There are always opportunities to network and grow, and the management is fantastic at assisting you with furthering you career and meeting your goals.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
NA
Greatest Job to have
Data Center Senior Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC 27560January 26, 2017
I have to say Fidelity Investment is one of the best company's I've work for by far of my 20 years of working. I love this company with everything in me.
They have the best benefits on the planet and their core value are completely beneficial to the employees.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great vacation pay.
Cons
Up ward movement
Great place to work, managers and employees very helpful.
Copy and Print Operator (Former Employee) –  200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA.02210October 17, 2016
It was great, very busy fast pace environment but managers and employees were vey helpful and help me to learn new stuff and to improve on my difficulties. Unfortunately the department of printing contract was being renewed with an outside company causing laid offs of the managers and employees including myself.
Pros
lots of overtime and free lunches and great Christmas parties in the company.
Cons
great benefits and insurance.
Great to place to start
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2016
good ethical and professional company, pay is okay. I would say this is an excellent place to get your foot in the door in Finance and learn a ton about the industry. Learned more in 1 year there about business than 4 years of business school in college.
Pros
everything. great culture
Cons
pay is not high but room to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Fidelity Investments Reviews by Location