Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Great time
Intern - FIT Change and Release Management (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RISeptember 10, 2015
A lot of work to do but nothing an intern could not take care of .

I was up for the challenge and enjoyed it dearly.'

I would recommend this company to any one.
Full Trader Licensing program
Full Trader Licensing Program (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 9, 2015
Fidelity's management couldn't be any more top notch. Theya re a great group of people who have established an effective business model for everyone to prosper. I did not pass the series 7 while I was on board, however, I would refer anyone I know there who is interested in the financial industry.
Cons
Great compensation and retirement benefits
Associate Actuary, Retirement Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2015
The compensation benefit structure are very competitive, and there are opportunities to move up within the company across all positions.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
See ratings.
Vice President/Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHSeptember 3, 2015
Please see ratings above. I worked at Fidelity for 7 years and had no desire to leave. I was always committed to helping my clients.
Good
Director (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 2, 2015
I agreed with the ideas of the company. Performance is not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Okay first job
Retirement Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 26, 2015
When I worked for Fidelity, I was first out of college. They required overtime and then moved our jobs to TX. When that happend I switch companies.
Great place to work.
Middle manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough and Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
Fidelity was a great place to work. I would work there again. Pay and benefits are top notch (although several years ago they did stop offering a pension - as are so many other companies these days). Very educated and intelligent people make it easier to do your job and share knowledge.
Pros
benefits, salaries, office space
Cons
can't think of any
Excellent Place to Work Learn and Prosper
Director (Former Employee) –  World Trade Center, Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
Fidelity is an exciting place to work with very bright, focused wonderful people. The only constant was change which was good and bad. Good in that you never got bored, and bad in that once you got into a comfortable rhythm it was time to change things up a bit. All in all, no real complaints.
Pros
Very bright focused teammates
Cons
Great individual contributors don't necessarily make great managers.
Great Place to Work
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 23, 2015
Fidelity Investments is a great place to work. Top investment firm with a great culture that promotes career advancement. Great training and people
no increase in base salary, terrible support from management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
Fidelity does not increase your base, no merit or cost of living wage increases. They do not understand the sales process or what it takes to be a sales person.
Managers are over paid babysitters.
They expect you to work long hours with no compensation, they do not put the client first, the sales force is expected to push certain products on clients.
Very good work/life balance in a sterile/dull team environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 19, 2015
Work is with project team only and often same people from project to project. This makes learning about other parts of the company difficult and management during my time has not made any effort to support broadening my skills/experience.

Co-workers are very capable and good people. The hardest part of the job is the repetition from day to day and the most enjoyable part is the flexibility of hours and ability to work from home.
Pros
Good cafeteria, flexible hours, benefits
Cons
Lethargic management, every day tends to be the same as the one before
You work hard, but you do get rewarded
When I left I was a Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2015
I started working at Fidelity as an admin assistant, and I took advantage of on-job training, classes and opportunities offered, and moved into IT and became a software engineer. Education is encouraged at all levels.

Fidelity is a rapidly changing environment, with lots of opportunity, but you have to be your own advocate. Working there is hard: I was laid off for a short while and working at other firms almost seemed like I was hardly working! The compensation and benefits are generous - and the employer match for the 401 K meant I saved 10% of my salary annually and invested it in the stock market. I learned more than just my job - I learned how to invest, how to manage my time, how to plan for future success, how to deal with many different personalities, how to track relevant metrics, how to position communications for different audiences. It wasn't all hard work, there were employee events, lunches, off site meetings, special discounts on entertainment events, etc. And of course an annual holiday party for all employees...

Fidelity was always trying new things to reward and engage their employees. Because the company is so large, you could work in different sub companies and have different experiences. You could look internally and transfer to a new job in a different part of the company, and yet not leave Fidelity. One caveat - do NOT work here if you don't like change! Reorganizations happen frequently, along with change of approach or focus.
Pros
has excellent benefits and perks, many different jobs offer much opportunity
Cons
High expectations can be very stressful
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2015
Good experience in learning the new things in Fidelity Investments and Worked with Informatica power center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
Mutual Fund Ballot Reconcliations
Proxy Investment Operations Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 11, 2015
Locate missing ballots and research discrepancies for Fidelity mutual funds. Work closely with the accounting and proxy teams at over 10 custodian banks
Excellent technical tools and resources. Great culture and environment.
Veritude Contractor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 10, 2015
Great team work, excellent working conditions. Involved with projects, good work-life balance. Excellent technical resources and tools. Worked in cubicles which provided little privacy.
Pros
free coffee, covered parking, gym, restaurant, onsite Starbucks, excellent cafeteria
Cons
no smoking onsite, as a contractor there isn't much room for advancement or becoming permanent.
UX Contractor
UX Contractor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2015
I am a UX Contractor and have enjoyed my time at Fidelity. It has a great culture within the UX department. That being said, be careful when working with a recruiting agency, as they will try and get the largest margin possible.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Hires as contractor first then converts to full time
Great benefits
Director - Fund Operations (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 9, 2015
Good place to work but management needs more diversity. Benefits are good but salary needs to be reviewed compared to other financial institutions.
fair
Electronic Channel Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 7, 2015
Not a good place to work managers get switched all the time, no one knows their job. Absolutely horrible with time management I would not recommend working there, good pay thats about it.
Great company to work for.
Retirement Brokerage Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed my almost 16 years with Fidelity, I still have a lot of friends there and my wife still works there. We both have made friendships that will last our lifetime. Fidelity helped me get my college degree, and they helped me save far more for retirement then I ever would have on my own. I worked in the call centers which can be hard to move around in and advance in which is why I moved on after 16 years.
Pros
Great people, benefits, culture.
Cons
Can be hard to advance career wise is some departments.
Fun Workplace
Defined Contributions Representative II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 6, 2015
Fun work place with decent supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Limited Advancement