Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

High Level High Visibilty Sales Position
Active Trader Consultant (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHMarch 11, 2014
Fidelity is a good place to work in some regards but the culture is different from other large companies. My direct supervisory management was excellent, upper level management far from excellent.
Great opportunity to make good money but little opportunity for advancement based on the job position.
Excellent sales skills were an absolute requirement – more... for this job. – less
Great place to work right out of college
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2014
Paid for me to take my series 7 & 63 exams. Submerged in knowledge about finance. Very interesting first job in finance!
Great benefits and alot of great people too, very professional
SENIOR SYSTEMS SERVER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: amenities and benefits were awesome. 401k kicks butt
Cons: work life balance - i was always thrashing about and hard to have a life sometimes
Challenging and yet rewarding fast paced environment with new technology being rolled out consistently. Had many opportunities to work with great teams on the new technology and introduced a lot of it into the environment.
I learned how to perform with grace under pressure (cause it didn't come naturally to me..haha) but my management team and my team – more... mates were always there for me. They all will be missed but I am keeping in touch for sure.
Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with all of the on call pager stuff combined with project work , the two do not play nice together sometimes.
You have to be a tough, dedicated soldier to handle the grind but in the end your 401k and your benefits make it all worth while, as long as you can keep your wife or girlfriend cause they won't see much of you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have friends at work and able to meet with them and talk about challenges and help each other..
High Demand, High Reward, is Fidelity in a nutshell. – less
Great jobs, but political minefields are everywhere
Director (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: many opportunities to grow, switch career tracks, add to knowledge
Cons: too much emphasis on manging one's brand and not enough on character and job performance.
Fidelity would benefit from using meritocracy as a standard in all things.
Productive but fun work environment
Quality/Information Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 4, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Fidelity. I learned many skills such as requirements gathering, use case and ERD diagrams, and how to conduct a SDS and SDLC document.
Greatest place to work.
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 2, 2014
Pros: everything you could ask for out of an employment situation.
Cons: no time to pursue outside interests.
I worked for Fidelity Investment for 7 years and enjoyed every minute.
Okay Company
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 2, 2014
This was a short term contract position therefore I can't speak much on the culture of this organization. From what I could tell the EEs were happy it seemed like an okay place to work for. I worked in the HR outsourcing industry for eight years and did not wish to do this type of work again which is why I did not pursue a permanent position with this – more... company. – less
Sweat shop
Account Executive (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 2, 2014
Pros: company
Cons: leadership or lack of
12 hours a day expected. There way, word for word, or mgt makes you feel incompetent. You meet your goals before year end and they give you "stretch goals". Make you stat late because you havent met your new goals yet. Co-workers are all very stressed and are updating resumes. Hardest part of job was stress put on by mgt. most enjoyable part was leaving.
People
Senior Pension Analyst (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working with the people at Fidelity. My peers made my day at work go by quickly.
Company always cook dinners, play games in meetings and go home early when the work is completed
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 12 hour shifts 3 weeks at a time
a typical day at work i will come to work received and put away materials using forklift.
My co-workers were very heplful and answer any questions i had for them related to my job.
Overall what you would expect from a larger corporate company
Investment Operations Recon Analyst (Former Employee), Westlake, TXFebruary 24, 2014
The daily work day was very structured, but some of the project work was very engaging.
PING PONG TABLE
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Los angelesFebruary 21, 2014
iT WAS FUN
hard work required
paid off
designed
learened a lot..........................................
N/A
Banking Reconciliation Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2014
Great company wonderful people. Great company wonderful people. Great company wonderful people.
Good Company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Covington, KYFebruary 21, 2014
I am learning lot of new thing from this company
Marnagers are very good and cooperative
They don't do any Micro management
Good Company, Average Job
Planning and Guidance Consultant (Former Employee), Westlake, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: work benefits, fair compensation
Cons: phone center environment in most cases
Working at a call center has it's challenges. Every second of your workday is tracked and monitored. Scheduled breaks and lunches can be constraining.

Fidelity offers fantastic work benefits. Great health insurance options, the best 401k that I have every seen, and more than enough vacation time.
great company
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: lots of knowledgeable and helpful people
Cons: pending layoffs every two years or so
nothing to share, my experience with fidelity is confidential
Great Place to Work
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTFebruary 16, 2014
Great people great company. Adapt to change and you will be good. Great team, great people very good energy and synergy. Also culture id great integrity and honesty is a must to work here
Fun Place to work
Senior Fund Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, great people to work with.
Cons: room for advancement
Fidelity was a great place to work especially the coworkers. Gained a lot of experience about investments and the mutual fund industry
Good company with good benifits
Manager, Business Intelligence, Due Diligence (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIFebruary 12, 2014
Good company with good benefits. I love working with the people.
Great Work environment
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OhioFebruary 10, 2014
Placed in the responsibility of Compliance within the branch. I wanted to move into management. Not a possibility at this time. Only guidance positions available. Very good company to work for.

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos