Field is a full-service, data-driven, on-demand engineering partner with a unique, technical approach to inventory management and supply chain solutions for fasteners and other Class “C” items. Field is the best in the industry at lowering our customers’ total cost of fastening. We don’t just say that, we contractually guarantee it.
When manufacturers partner with Field, they’re partnering with experts who will enable their organization to run more efficiently and more profitably. Our fastening expertise is not tied up with one or two engineers; it’s pervasive throughout the organization, which is why training our team is so important. From our owners, to outside sales, to VMI technicians, to account managers, to the actual engineering group, no one knows more about fastening than Field. We’re quite proud of the fact that Field’s technical approach to fastening and empowered team of experts have yielded an average of 19% year-on-year growth since 1990.
VMI On-Site Customer Service Representative
Serve as primary customer contact, scan customer bins to create orders, perform material handling activities, and manage inventory levels. This position requires direct involvement with customers, Field Team Members and some supplier contact. The ideal candidate will have a variety of skills including analytical skills, customer service skills, and the interest and ability to perform some material handling.
- Develop relationships with customer contacts.
- Delivery and stocking of product.
- Manage inventory levels.
- Manage details of order processing; create orders utilizing a portable scanning device or other methods, audit bins to maintain appropriate inventory, download and forward order to contact at Field and manage the ordering process to insure the customer and Field objective are met.
- Report and address quality and delivery issues.
- Work with Field account managers and customer contacts to insure that everything runs smoothly and meets customer expectations.
- Drive a fork truck to load vehicle for delivery of products to customers.
- Interact with various customers’ departments.
- The ability to routinely bend, kneel, climb, twist, and lift 50+ pounds.
- Commit to FIELD’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- English speaking.
- Computer skills including the use of Outlook, Excel and other basic applications.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
Technical Skills or other Requirements:
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record, Class C privileges (if located in the U.S) or able to obtain Class C privileges after employment or acceptance of the opportunity.
- Minimum 1-3 years in a customer service and/or delivery role with customer interaction.
- Ability to address conflict and concerns with customers and team members.
- Polite and professional approach with others.
- Highly motivated, well organized.
- Ability to drive results without a great deal of direct supervision, ability to assess and develop solutions to situations that arise.
- Ability to work flexible hours beyond normal work schedule.
- Industrial distribution experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred, but not required
Field is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not make hiring and/or promotional decisions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Field is a full service, technically competent, global provider of inventory management and complete supply chain solutions for fasteners...