Fieldale Farms Employee Reviews in United States

Great job for people with good work ethic
Injection (Current Employee) –  Murrayville, GAApril 2, 2016
I recently made the switch from another major manufacturing company in Gainesville GA. to fieldale in murrayville. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. As long as you have a positive attitude and exceptional work ethic, you will be very happy with this company. Insurance benefits started on day one for me and nowadays that is a huge plus. I was hired on as a full-time employee with all the benefits that come with it. My supervisors have been amazing and I can tell that they really care about all of the workers. They teach you everything and treat their newcomers unlike most manufacturing plants. You work hard every day and go home tired but not too tired to enjoy your life and family. A+++++ company.
Pros
Benefits, job training and security, lots of culture, family type company and overtime
Cons
Short break but decent lunch break
fast paced poultry plant
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrayville, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Good experience building job. While I was there I was able to perform maintenance on the entire first processing side. Starting at the cage dump and ending at the chillers before the birds went into second processing.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
seven day work week
productive work place
Poultry Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJuly 20, 2015
i enjoyed working here i learned a lot. i worked in scaling which was labeling and packing. i also had experience in other dept. as well.
Pros
good pay
great place to work
Meat Packer And Training Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAJuly 6, 2015
my typical day at work was like any other normal day at a regular job we went in started our job and made sure the job was finished according to our department manager.
Pros
great choices of food
Cons
hardly any breaks
Lots of job security and benefits
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Baldwin, GAJune 1, 2015
Lots of great people to work with. Good benefits and insurance. Learned a lot about the poultry industry. Really like the flexible hours and supervisor and a good guy as well.
Cut-Up (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, GaMay 27, 2015
A typical day at Fieldale Farms required standing for 12 hours. Working here, I learned all types of different chicken products, The supervisors were good but no one hardly spoke because this job was all about production and didn't like for anyone to goof off. All my co-workers were great. On breaks we would all have a good time. The hardest part of the job was standing in the same spot for 12 hours and on one Friday night we worked 14 hours and that was tough. I never liked the fact that it was working nights from 4pm-4am but loved the money at the end of the week, Working here, there wasn't anything that was enjoyable about it, but it was necessary to pay bills and looked forward to every Friday.
Good experience
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GaJanuary 14, 2015
The company is okay I just wasn't there long enough to really see how things are. I know that you need to found out the way they do things there before you try to make changes because they do not like change.
The Place was a nightmare but I was able to learn more.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2014
I have worked for them for seven years and I have learned a lot from them. I learned how to use machines and how to manage time. I stayed there because I did not know that I had a choice.
Pros
nothing, sometime denied us pay. deny your hours get slaped.
Cons
prison like
This job was a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAOctober 11, 2014
This job was a great place to work. It also was a great environment to work in. I received great hours and great pay. I was very thankful for my opportunity to work with this job. The people there was nice. I'm also thankful for being able to move up in this place as quality assurance and a supervisor. If I could, I would work at this job again.
Pros
great pay, the ability to move up, 401k, credit union, and meeting different people
Cons
the many hours, the dealing with different attitudes from different people as a supervisor
Great place to work. Wonderful coworkers
Senior Director Further Processing Sales (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, GaAugust 21, 2014
review customer needs and follow up to assure that we were functioning in a timely manner to achieve our goals.
I learned a lot abount the financial side of the grow out side of the business. Great Management in place. No micro management Let sales team determine how reach established goals. Coworkers are really into the team mentality; great.hardest part of the job is not to over promise the customer.
Wonderful company to work with.
Pros
great healthcare plan, cafe in the building
Cons
location of the corporate office
stable workplace but not much room for advancement
stacker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 7, 2014
I was responsible for dumping and stacking chicken in pallets
Good Place
Debone Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Murrayville GaJuly 31, 2014
Make sure orders were completed, time sheets, product weighted correctly
Fieldale Farms
Scaler (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GaJune 23, 2014
A typical day was being able to meet the goal or the amount we had to get out for the day.
Fast paced and alot of fun
General Laborer/Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJune 9, 2014
I like this job because it always gave me new challenges. I learned alot about the poultry business and guidelines regarding packaging of raw meats.
Pros
always fast paced
Cons
short breaks
Its a job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, GAJune 3, 2014
you work hard they get there use out of you for what they pay you. Its okay def not a career but it pays decent and has benefits.
pay is good-hours are long-breaks to short for the hours worked-cold,nasty,working environment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAMay 12, 2014
good place to work due to pay but that is the only good thing i can say.
Pros
good pay
Cons
wet cold smelly environment
Packing and Cutting Chicken
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAApril 28, 2014
A typical day at work, I would either be on the sideline packing the different chicken that they put on the line that day; or I would be in boneless cutting the chicken into sections as well as cutting its fat off. I learned that no matter how much my body ached that I still had to work at a hard and fast pace in order to keep up. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is getting a cramp and still managing to work past it. The most enjoyable part of the job was Friday because it was pay day.
Pros
i was able to do alot of overtime.
Cons
i liked working on saturdays, i just didn't like the fact that i didn't know what time i would get off.
Company needs to be alot more concerned about Safety and training and try to prohibit the exagerated turn over rate they have aquired.
Safety manager (Former Employee) –  Murrayville, GAApril 16, 2014
Struggled here as the Safety manager, tried to establish a real safety program, that's not what was wanted. Poor communication between the varying levels of management, no support for the safety program.
Pros
good people on the work level
Cons
managers are trained to be single minded
Fierldale Farms Co Wing Packer Review
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJanuary 18, 2014
I really likes this job I was able to learn now chicken products are processed before they get to the store.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
very cold enviorment, wet and slippery floors
Productive/Creatived/Multitasking
Raw Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 6, 2013
I began my day by attend a coordination meeting for scheduling. For what we will run for the day. I take notes for rest of the Supervisors and team leaders on the products we will run and things that are a must do, before our shift is over. Then I take my schedule and make copies for the rest of my team to have, to see what is going on for our shift. I was a Qc for two years and Lead as well, then i because a Supervisor for raw production area. I had no idea about this area nor how to run the machines. I learned these machines and taught myself how to run them. And taught my leads things that they didnt know. I enjoy working with my team very much. We help each other out to make things easier, and you can accomplish more and it's successful working together then working against each other. And the best part of the job would have to be. Without a doubt the people I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another.