Fielding Graduate University, a global community of scholar-practitioners, seeks an ERP Applications Administrator to join our Technology group in Santa Barbara, CA. This position is not budgeted for moving expenses.
MAJOR DUTIES: Under general direction of the Manager of Administrative Computing, installs, maintains, upgrades, patches and tests Fielding Graduate University's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) business application, Colleague, and supporting modules, such as WebAdvisor, Colleague UI, SAValet, and associated third party software in order to provide application administrative support for production and non-production environments adhering to related standards, policies and procedures. The Application Administrator assists the Application Support Specialist with the maintenance of multiple production and development environments by supporting our environment replication processes and by troubleshooting and analyzing problems as they may arise. As needed, perform software application installations, upgrades, migrations, performance monitoring, access requirements, annual access audit, basic UNIX administration including oversight and monitoring of our UNIX backup processes. The ERP Applications Administrator will also serve as a team resource for other technical activities. The ERP Applications Administrator will ensure continuous and quality services through proactive methodologies and closely coordinated communications. The Administrator documents and thoroughly tests any changes before they are applied to the production environment. The Application Administrator collaborates with our networking team, portal administrator and outside vendors. Our Colleague ERP environment involves multiple applications installed on both UNIX and Windows servers. Training and vendor support will be provided for our vendor-propriety software applications.
- Develop plans that specify goals, time frames, limitations, risks, contingencies for new installations and migration projects
- Provide systems analysis and problem resolution support to provide efficient and effective use of enterprise application systems
- Provide timely communication and discussion with users and IT team about impact of necessary changes
- Provide consistent and current communication and reports to management
- Implement and adhere to change management procedures
- Establish and document technical and implementation standards to ensure the long-term, cost effective management and support of the installed enterprise systems
- Provide technical support for vendor upgrades and maintenance
- Maintain security and access to our application environments
- Provide performance monitoring and capacity planning
- Support License tracking & renewal
- Purchase & install server SSL certs, as needed
- Collaborate with our Portal Administrator regarding related system integration components,
- Coordinate website Content Management System (CMS) support from our vendor
- As needed, install and configure and/or support software in support of business processes and objectives
- Propose process improvements and monitor our ERP vendor changes and trends
- Provide support to peer technical team members and to power-users for most effective system use.
- Monitor UNIX activities that support data integration, backup and other processes
CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS: Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the Colleague ERP system is preferred.
Two to four years previous application administration experience preferably in a higher education environment
Demonstrated ability to install, upgrade, and support a distributed application environment.
Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX and Windows server infrastructure, database management systems & concepts and web servers
Ability to systematically plan, schedule, and implement ERP system delivered software updates in a timely manner with minimal impact to end user community
Highly organized and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills to develop technical solutions to business problems
Must be team oriented with solid interpersonal and collaboration skills
Must be self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
ORGANIZATIONAL PERKS: We offer a friendly, professional environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits which include 37.5 hour work week, 14 paid holidays per year, generous vacation leave, medical/dental/vision insurances, FSA accounts, Childcare Assistance, Tuition Assistance, retirement contributions after one year of service as well as other benefits as detailed in the benefits section on our website www.fielding.edu/employment/benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply please visit our website www.fielding.edu.
SALARY RANGE: $56,342 - $68,250 per year