Fifth Gear Employee Reviews

it was fine
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOMay 3, 2017
it was easy and perfectly fine. You got moved around a lot had to stand on your feet all day but they let you listen to music you really didn't have to work that fast or hard
Worst place ever!!
Replenishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisana,moNovember 2, 2016
Unorganized under payed just an all around messed up place to work.most employees are there cause they are on parole heath insurance is no good 401k is no good place needs to be shut down permently
Pros
There is no pro about this place
Cons
The company as a whole lies, over worked employes bonus promised and never recieved
Most people i worked with were very friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOOctober 3, 2016
The job itself was not bad. It was management that I did not agree with. The only people that ever got promotions while I worked there were friends and family of people already in a supervisor position. This did not sit well with me.
Pros
Good free holiday meals
Cons
Short lunches
Typical day at work with various administrative duties
Marketing Administrator (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisOctober 24, 2015
Average work place, with helpful and supportive coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is picking out samples and communicating with our other contacts for marketing duties. The office is very quiet, but new incoming staff are making it lively again.
Good
Sales & Cusomter Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOOctober 19, 2015
Great co-workers and everyday was a new learning experience. Always new products coming in to expand the customer reach.
Fast-paced and not enough meetings
Sales Rep I (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOSeptember 3, 2015
This company is a call center and therefore each day was very long day as I was glued to my cubicle for eight hours a day answering non-stop sales and customer service calls for nine different companies. Micro-managed on our call flow (verbiage required during every phone call and may be different for each company), average talk time (goal of 4.5 minutes), average hold time and average idle time which is when your're no in the "ready" (for a phone call) mode. Very high turn-over rate due to low pay, poor benefits and not enough one-on-one time with management.
Fun place to work with a lot of good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJuly 12, 2015
Answering phones placing orders, doing refunds and reships.
I learned to be very patient with the customers considering they were elderly.
Our manager was not qualified to do the position.
Co-workers were a lot of fun and most have remained good friends.
Hardest part of job was when a customer wanted to speak to a supervisor and they wouldn't take the but just keep telling you what to say to the customer.
Talking to different people from all walks of life.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Rude supervisors
Overall Good Work Environment
Order Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOMay 7, 2015
A typical workday would be a ten to eleven hour work day. I was set on an assembly line where I packaged shipping orders. I learned how to work with others and how to manage my time throughout the day. My co-workers were all much older than I was, but they were all very nice and helped me out a lot during my first few weeks at Fifth Gear. The most difficult part about the job were the long hours of being on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people.
Pros
When orders were done early, we would be let out early
Cons
Limited breaks and the building was very hot.
Needs Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 6, 2015
Wasn't a bad job unless you needed a supervisor or help with a call then everyone was busy or didn't know the company you worked for enough to help.
Pros
the people
Cons
not having help when neded
Day to Day Job
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MissouriMarch 30, 2015
FG is a great place to work in the beginning but as time goes on, work gets boring, co-workers can be very rude, and help from team leads and supervisors is little to none. Everyone does the bare minimum to get by and they lay off people every three months
Pros
Paid holidays off.
Cons
Short breaks, no help from supervisors, rude customers, rude coworkers
Not so great
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MONovember 23, 2014
I think the Moberly location is the worst. The management is awful and the only way to move up is being related to the supervisors. You have to get permission to leave your deak, even to use the restroom. If you need help your on your own. Good luck finding a supervisor that isn't "busy". Pay sucks and the office is dirty with little bitty Windows making it feel like a prison. Co workers are great for the most part. The good reviews are shifted more towards the Louisiana site. Moberly isn't as great. It's a job but it feels like high school.
Pros
Easy. Very easy.
Cons
Pay. Poor management.
Rough place to work.
Warehouse Worker/ Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOOctober 10, 2014
Pay sucks work long hours and dont get much to show for it. They dont treat you right most of the time and you get very little time off.
Fifth Gear
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work is fairly east at this point.I get To meet all sorts of different people delivering to the warehouse during my shift.Management i feel could be a little better but it is a friendly workplace and co-workers are easy to work with.The hardest part of the job is when we receive china containers and have to hand unload them floor to ceiling-front to back on pallets and put them in their back up locations.These usually take 3 to 4 hours to unload.The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to listen to music cause they have a stereo in the receiving department.
Pros
lunch and two fifteen minute breaks.
Cons
management
Nice place to work
Assembly Line Worker/production (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOJune 24, 2014
great place to work. nice bosses pros free lunches cons short breaks
etc etc
Great starting job
Order Fulfillment Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOMay 12, 2014
order fulfillment is great cuz the customer wants what they are ordering so complaints aren't common. Fun and supportive and friendly co workers and management. Low hourly pay though
Pros
great atmosphere and customers
Cons
low hourly pay and no advancement
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOMay 9, 2014
Short time i'm still here, but the pay is good. Working in the call center can be just as stressful. You don't know if your going to get axed that week or the next. You must follow the call flow and maintain 90% accuracy at least. All calls must be under 4 1/2 mins. Not always possible. Doing multiple orders for different catalogs. You can go in to work with a good mood and come out mad. All that must be followed and few people can help you out on the job. I would say I get along with most of my co-workers, but half of them also got fired. You can't miss many days or take many off. Mondays will cost you 2 points regardless. Hardest part is staying calm with angry customers that cuss you out and blame you for everything. There are some customers that will make your day better, all part of the job. Coming from a town with barely any jobs let alone decent ones. Hiring here is if your extremely lucky enough to get your foot in the door.
Pros
weekly pay, some co-workers
Cons
angry customers, not maintaining 90% calls, getting threatened to be terminated if you don't maintain what's listed
Contact Representative
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOJuly 22, 2013
I answered incoming phone calls for this job and placed orders for customers. I sold from five differnt catalogs through Fifth Gear all day every day. I really didnt get much interaction with my co-workers. This was personally one of my favorite jobs but, it was only seasonal work at the time a worked there. The most enjoyable part about this job would have been the fact that it was so easy. It was difficult at times when you had customers that werent happy with their purchase. I would try my best to handle the situation and calm them down.
steady employment
inventory lead person (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOJune 4, 2013
its was a decent place to work . i did multiple jobs for this company and liked my job a great deal. h.r department needs a sacking to make room for managers who will investigate incidents and institute consistent enforcement of corporate guidelines. there are some individuals who have power complexes and will chose to assert authority rather than investigate for causes or fault.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
poor management decision making .
Comfortable and friendly environment with great opportunities and room to grow if you're motivated!
HR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2013
Fifth Gear is the kind of place where it's up to you to make the most of your opportunity. The sky is the limit if you display a desire to learn and grow. Fifth Gear employs great people and they focus on creating a positive culture. The environment is casual and comfortable and they pay for many employee-focused events throughout the year.

Management does a good job, but sometimes gets a little too involved in the details. Regardless, they are accessible and approachable and willing to roll their sleeves up right along with you.

I really like how they have clearly communicated their Core Values and they incorporate them in everything: from annual performance reviews to the company rewards and recognition program.

Definitely a great home!
Pros
free lunches and employee-focused activities, competitive pay and benefits, a management team that cares about your developement
Cons
not the place for you if you just want to blend in, everyone there wants to make an impact.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisiana, MOMarch 21, 2013
I would go in and get my single orders(either one item or same item on order) through 55 aisles. and then start picking batch orders. I love picking. It's fun, time go's by quickly and exciting. If we ran out of carts to pick on or slow with orders, then i have to pack orders and that's fun too. I learned to use a pallet jack that i never used before. I like learning new things. Management is fine but needs to be tougher.My co- workers were nice, hardworking people. To sum up I really love picking!!!
Pros
employee picnic and events.
Cons
small breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Gear. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8