General overview of position:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing beverage and restaurant operations on an assigned shift to ensure that guest service standards are achieved; may serve as acting manager when necessary to resolve customer service issues, as well as perform special assignments from Executive Chef and/or Manager.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Hires, motivates, evaluates, and supervises staff in order to ensure that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives; prepares employee schedules to ensure proper staffing for service and control of labor.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of all services by observing operations, surveying guests, and coordinating with employees in order to facilitate proper planning and ongoing improvement of service and financial returns.
- Assists Manager in development of strategies, objectives, and budget in order to ensure proper planning and management to successfully meet established restaurant goals.
- Participates with and assists Manager in developing training programs for staff in order to ensure that employees receive proper education on technical and guest service requirements of their jobs.
- Performs special assignments and projects in order to provide adequate assistance to the operation when necessary to further the objectives of the company.
- Participates in employee development, assists in establishing department standards, guidelines and objectives while helping to maintain the internal control measures necessary for operational efficiency.
- Provides input, whenever possible, in decision making that may affect customer service, food quality, staff morale and financial returns.
Working Conditions/Essential Functions
- This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Must be able to use the equipment associated with the position. This includes but is not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds of ice, garbage or bar supplies.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Ability to observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Must be able to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Complete knowledge of bar and restaurant operations.
- Ability to direct and supervise employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a minimum of three years previous food and/or beverage administration experience in an operation employing at least 25 department employees.
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard