Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Litigation Paralegal II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2016
Great place to work. I have enjoyed my time working at Fifth Third Bank. I would recommend it to anyone. I have made a lot of great co-workers at the bank.
productive and growing environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Pilsen, ILSeptember 15, 2016
having the opportunity to learn great things and acquire long lasting client relationships is my take away. I love how my days at work were always about learning something new and just overall being able to help my customers. Getting referrals based on my experience has helped me be successful at Fifth Third Bank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2016
I love the company and my branch that I work at. I will be sad to leave when the time comes near my graduation but excited to further my experience.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Opened accounts daily and help monitor financial situations for clients. Also dealt with mortgages and refinancing interest rates as well.
Compensation
AVP, Fraud Detection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2016
In some departments Fifth Third doesn't do a great job of financially rewarding their top performers. Lots of unkept verbal promises, specifically in the operations fields.
Entry level, lak of advancement opportunities
Multi-Stage Collector II (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 5, 2016
This job is a mix of customer service and collections. Multi-tasking is a must, as is a degree of comfort using multiple computer applications seamlessly and effectively.
Pros
Inclusive culture, diverse work staff
Cons
Poor scheduling, high employee turn over, lateral moves rather than advancement
Being a Lead Customer Service Manager was a fun job
Lead Customer Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2016
I was able to work with customers each day. Assist with concerns that they might have had. Also coach and guide the tellers on the teller line to assist and improve their customer service skills. With my Fifth Third Bank career I was able to learn more of a front of the house banking perspective where I have 10 years experience in the bank of the house banking experience. I was able to work with management to improve or maintain policies and procedures. The environments that I have worked in have all been a team effort.
Pros
The people I get to work with as well as the knowledge I can learn.
Cons
Not being able to solve an escalated issue
Lead/Cleveland Ave location (former employee)
Lead Representative or teller supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 3, 2016
Loved the actual job itself. It wasnt the job that was the issue here, issue was the banking center manager. Very passive aggressive, narcissistic and manipulative. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! Bank specific location (CLEVELAND AVE LOCATION IN CANTON OHIO)has had several issues keeping great staff bc of the banking center manager herself. Great Bank, awful banking center manager! I do believe that this could be a wonderful place to work. Just have a few bad apples to weed out. Great hours, decent pay.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Awful BC manager at this location
Great Place for a Career
Business Analyst/Trust Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2016
Currently have spent 8 years at FifthThird. Work culture is great. Health benefits are very good. Had cancer 6 years ago and had to miss 6 months of work. While I was out I didn't haven't to worry about anything. Management team took care of all the paperwork for me I just had to sign the Cigna paperwork and i had nothing to worry about while I received treatment.

Have moved between 3 different areas. I like it so much I feel I'm too loyal to my areas I have worked that I think I may have stunted my development.
Job is okay for people that are slow paced and good with cash handling
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 31, 2016
I have gained cash handling experience, dealing with customers more and giving back to the community. It is a great job with benefits.
Ok
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 31, 2016
Was a great place to work for when it was Old Kent. Changed things daily as how they wanted things handled. More about volume than customer service.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Care more about volume than customers
Productive environment to give you the tools and information to suceed.
Service to Soloutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 29, 2016
At Fifth Third Bank they give you a lot of benefits and incentives too allow you to succeed to your full potential. The training that you are given allows you to fully understand and grasp all of the concepts and problems that you may encounter.
Consumer Banking Advisor I (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working for 5/3 bank. They offer competitive benefits and some opportunities to advance. I really enjoyed being able to volunteer within the organization
Pros
Volunteering, networking
Cons
glass ceiling
Great transition job to work after graduating from college
Customer Service Representative- Duties (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 25, 2016
Management at this establishment didn't fit well morally with my life values, but I created great work relationships and learned how to work with a variety of personality types!
Great Company to work for.
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 19, 2016
The customers and coworkers make for an enjoyable and pleasant environment. There is always something new to learn within the banking field, yet advancement is somewhat difficult.
Pros
Friendly customers, awesome team members, and decent pay.
Cons
Benefits are expensive and advancement somewhat difficult.
boring position
Money Management Adviser (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2016
management, very repetitive, tiring, boring, no time for comaradie allowed. no enjoyment, cannot take 15 minute break to eat and then to bathroom, called stacking breaks
Pros
part time
Cons
boring
Productive and professional atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHAugust 17, 2016
Overall my experience working for Fifth Third Bank was very educating and enjoyable. I loved everything about my position and my responsibilities. I feel very confident that I did my very best.
Pros
Co-Workers and Customers
Cons
Cross Selling
Team work
QA Automation Tester (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2016
I had a great Team .we were all together 8 members in the team.Our Lead was very friendly & active because of that we have great fun in the office while even doing the work .We were exciting to work every sprint with new zeal.
enjoyed my branch and boss
Teller, Drive (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 15, 2016
I was very fortunate to have worked under a great boss and with a great team. I left at the end of 2014 and that was the worst mistake I made. I worked for a really good manager and he always had his door open for you. as a whole the transaction process was easy to learn and the referral was drawn out but is is the best bank i have ever worked at!!!!
Great Learning Opportunity
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2016
Learned a lot about banking and business basics, worked very hard and it can be a very stressful job. Would not take back experience, always had more responsibilities than felt 1 should handle.