Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,232 reviews matching the search
Working hard to improve culture
Corporate Communications & Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2017
Limited commitment to supporting high performers

Overall experience was adequate for individuals earlier in the career. The Bank recruits significant talent, but previous experience is discounted almost immediately upon entering employment
Hmm
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FTSIAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers but did not like all the stress that my manager placed on me. He wanted me to do my job as well as his. All in all I would not recommend this company
Great Attitude
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2017
Great company with good values and good stratigies, truly carring and making the right choices for customers they really care. They are there to help
Pros
motivation
It was a good experience
Consumer Loans Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2017
Worked with a lot of new people, learned a lot new things. Fifth Third is a good place to work. People always willing to help If I needed help. I would go back there if possible
Cons
loyalty thinly held on their part
Financial Center Manager/Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral FLAugust 15, 2017
Management's respect for employees situational at best, expected to be given to organization but was inconsistently returned.

I have nothing else I would like to include here.
Pros
quirky name
Cons
always taking
job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2017
hated the call center the company was great and great benefits just not a call center person I don't really know why I have to write so much on here I
Ok place to work, benefits keep declining
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2017
Really enjoy the people I work directly with every day. Management direction and the ever disappearing list of benefits is driving a possible change.
Work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2017
I worked for the call center for 8 months it is a very high call volume. Lots of overtime available. When you do a certain amount of over time the give a bonus.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not being told of changes before it happends
Assistant Manager
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHAugust 11, 2017
As an Assistant Manager the day was largely comprised of dealing closely with staff members and more directly involved with customers and customer issues, as opposed to a branch manager position. An AM, because of being restricted to the branch, had to take every opportunity to cross sell products to customers that exposed a need. Moreover, I continuously trained staff members on listening to customers, products, and recommending products when appropriate. Also, internal customer referrals were crucial to the production of the branch. The experience was extremely beneficial in preparing me for the position of Branch Manager.
Pros
People, Variety of Products, Autonomy
Cons
Extremely High Goals in Comparison to Other Banks
Great Experience!
Banker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 11, 2017
I have learned a great deal working with Fifth Third. Upper level management is incredible as well as their Private Bank.
Very competitive within branches to make sales goals.
Great opportunities
Commercial Service Rep III (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45263August 10, 2017
I enjoy working for 5/3. They have provided me additional skills as well as the opportunity to network in my community. Plenty of opportunity to grow within the company. It is a great place to work!
Fifth Third Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014August 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Fifth Third Bank. It was enjoyable and very educational job. It was a pleasure working with the customers and helping with there needs.
Productive Workplace on the Rise
Community Development Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2017
Fifth Third is an organization deeply rooted in community initiatives that benefit the bank across all lines of business. If the work experience is maximized, coupled with an effective manager, many opportunities to connect with other lines of business,, and advancement opportunities are available.
was good place to work
PC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
while working there I got a great insight into the banking business and it was a real eye opener. manager was located in another city and had review in restaurant. :(
Pros
always work to do
Cons
Limited growth potential
Please don't work here
Lead Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 7, 2017
This is without a doubt the worst company I've ever worked for. My boss was horrible and the customers at my branch were so mean and rude. Please find somewhere else.
Difficult manager, Not True to Word or other staff
(Customer Service Rep)/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Coloma, MIAugust 7, 2017
Manager would throw co-workers under the bus when he was talking to you about something saying they commented or complained when they didn't. He was always trying to get us to "tattle" on each other.
Ridiculous expectations
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, KYAugust 6, 2017
I would dumpster dive before I ever took a job at 5/3 again! I have heard regional mngt say (we want cheeks in the seat)All they care bout is numbers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor micro-managing supervisors. Cooperate bulls@$#
Great people
CSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  Williamston, MIAugust 6, 2017
cashing checks, withdraws, deposits for customers. Balancing my draw at the end of my shift. answering questions people might have on their account. Making sure the customers love banking at Fifth Third.
Pros
Great People
Fun productive and clean work environment promoting good work habits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 5, 2017
Clock in and like an oiled machine the day goes on helping put customers into beneficial spending habits, loans, and credit cards for those who needed it. It doesn't take a lot to help someone as long as you know where to look. The culture was very diverse. People of all walks of life are able to come together for betterment of their customers. The hardest part is the days that have computer or electrical issues, being prepared but taking extra time to make things still work. The most enjoyable part is getting the customer to the right options that suit their needs.
Pros
Good clean productive
Cons
A lot to learn but a great place to do it.
A good place to work.
Head Teller / Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIAugust 5, 2017
I learned a great deal from Fifth Third, there were many seminars and work shops to attend.
Management was very professional and willing to help.
A good workplace culture, but there never seemed to be enough time in the day so I worked a lot of hours but I was salary so I didn't get paid for the hours I was working.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval