Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Worked with the best team and learnt lot of new frameworks.
iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2016
Responsible for tech design and architecture of the project and working with user experience design team, business analysts and clients to create the needed requirements artifacts. I have learnt to develop skills on core data and RESTful API. My hardest part here
were to work extra time as I was new to core data. I loved the team as they were so helping and making me comfortable with the stuff I was new to.
Engaged work enviroment with a very commited team.
Retail Customer Service Rep, Teller (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMay 5, 2016
Enjoyable team environment,every team member is very engaged in doing the right things for the customers needs and wants. Work with customers to set up appointments and review customers accounts to ensure the best services that fit there needs.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
software updates made programs run slow and computers could be updated
very stable company
special point of contact (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2016
I Enjoyed working here, every one was very helpful with training and made sure that we were up to date with new laws that were passed
Call Center Set for failure
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2016
FIfth Third doesn't care about their employees or customers for that matter. With a strict time limit on the phone, like a bank, they only care about numbers. Worst decision was to join their team
Fun place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2016
Enjoyed working at Fifth Third Bank. Leadership was very nice and helped you whenever a problem came up. I had a great opportunity to work along very nice colleagues.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Pay
busy busy busy
Call Center Sales Representative S2S (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 25, 2016
Typically I answer call after call after call and service their request then sell a product or service. Its okay, I prefer face to face interaction over phone conversations because I excel at customer service (which my customer service scores showed even on the phone). I
Pros
sales incentives
Cons
short breaks, high sales goals, short handle times
fifth thrid bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOApril 20, 2016
was a great company. was a great grown opportunity till the bank in saint louis was sold to another bank

I develop a lot of relationship and grown opportunity.

the typical day at work was very challenge to meeting goals and my strength to work with other people in different areas
Pros
free conections
Cons
health care was good
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2016
The staff was friendly, but there is a lack of organization within the collections department. The customers are very rude and will say inappropriate things to you. The best part of the job was the free lunch and parties.
Pros
Free lunch and Parties
Cons
Management, and rude customers
Financial Service Rep
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 15, 2016
Financial Service Rep is like a personal banker only with a bit less of pay. You deal with all sales aspects of banking. Great learning stepping stone if you were never in banking. Goals at 5/3 are not the easiest so you need to want to succeed in order to get a shot at advancing forward.
Typical Banking Career
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Milan, INApril 14, 2016
I loved my manager and my co-workers; that's what made this career choice a good one. By far, the hardest component of this job was feeling good about what I was doing for the families and clients I took care of.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
High pressure sales at the expense of the client
Negative experience
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 14, 2016
I moved to 5/3 from BOA, and I thought it would be much more respected due to the culture that 5/3 promotes. Come to find out any position on the retail side of banking is an aggressive sales position. As a personal banker, there was not a morning without criticism both work related and personal. There weren't many lunch hours taken without interruptions, and lets not forget the days with the famous 2 hours lunches and they required that we stay by the building.

I often had to work late hours without compensation, (I was not salary). I was informed to use word play to trick customers into getting services or products that do not meet their financial needs. I had to listen to a harassing manager everyday complain why we cant sell thousands dollars of financial services and products to our target market downtown Clearwater where the gap between the poor and the rich is wide enough to see the negative affect this organization has on its community and its employees. Overall I rate this my worse company I have worked for and would rather work at Wendys flipping burgers over wearing a fifth third name tag and representing an unethical organization.
Banking world involued in sales and customer service
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2016
Fifth Third really was a good fun place to work, But anyone investing time as their employee needs to have GREAT selling skills and good customer service. I did however love when it came to sales they didn't practice pushing product unless it truly made sense for the customer. It's to bad the pay is low for how much that is expected. Could have made a great long lasting career.
Pros
Good work enviorment
Cons
low pay for amount of work expected
Good Work Environment
Business Analyst & Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2016
SLK has built very good reputation with Fifth Third and has always been excelling in completing deadlines. Of course we couldn't have met the deadlines without the help of Fifth Third Management.
Good company to work for and provided excellent professional development
PREFERRED Specialist, AVP (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIApril 8, 2016
Good company to work for and provided excellent professional development and career growth. Great compensation opportunities for top performers. Proven customer and sales process.
I highly reccomend
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 4, 2016
Great place to work, not stuffy like some banks. The sales process and expectations are inline and attainable. Co-workers across the states we service are friendly and easy to work with and accommodating. Internal support teams are strong and extremely helpful.
Pros
Benefits, salary and compensation
Cons
Risk Management is a great place to gain friends, skills, and for general work/life balance
Fraud Strategy Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2016
I've only been here for a short time but I do appreciate the type of culture they have been developing within the division. If work is all done on Friday, I'm free to leave to do some other things outside of the work place. Some nights I stay til 6 and some nights I'm out at 5.

The people are great and very helpful.

I've learned a lot from the management and my coworkers. Everyone has something to share - some specific skill or learning that can help others.

The compensation is pretty great - especially for someone coming out of college, though it's probably recommended that you come in with a masters. Of course not required, as I don't have one yet.

Overall, I definitely recommend the Risk Management division at Fifth Third.
Pay is not satisfactory
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2016
Very low pay. Employees not appreciated. Management treats everyone like robots. There is no employee appreciation. I was very unhappy in this role as a teller.
Good Work Place
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 1, 2016
Good place to work. Good place for Growth. Salary and Benefits are great. Location of office Building is great. Work environment is great
Nice Management
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 1, 2016
It has been many years since being employed with this company. I cant comment on how it is currently ran but when I worked there it was nice
Productive and fun
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved helping our clients understand their credit scores and limitations as it applied to opening bank accounts or receiving a loan. I learned invaluable information regarding banking and finance. The management was great and we were always encouraged to do our best. The co-workers were treated fairly by management and we all worked well as a team. The most difficult part of my job was telling a client they were not eligible for a loan or an EHRI. The most enjoyable part of the day were helping the customers that had been approved for loans and were confused to understand what this meant for them.
Pros
Exciting work and a fun staff
Cons
no time for breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.