Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,136 reviews matching the search
Very good people, big company issues
VP, Financial Supply Chain Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2017
Very good people, but challenged by large company issues. Slow to change and adopt technology. Seemed like there was always some type of restructuring going on.
Pros
Good life / work balance
Cons
Compensation is low, management restructuring too often
too much interoffice politics and nepotism
Licensed Executive/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 8, 2017
comp was good when I started. It was cut each year. when goals are hit, they get raised until only a small portion are able to hit them. only the bigger branches are able to do this consistently. I did well and was moved to one of the bigger branches. upward mobility made me leave. I interviewed for a few different positions and learned later that I was a formality, they already had the candidate picked, each time. they just had to fill the quota for interviewing within the company.
Pros
depends where you work
Cons
retail- weekends, pay changes
Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ TELLER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2017
Great place to work, you get to build relationships with customers. Days are pretty predictable but sometimes you have issues that arise, company wants you to try to sale products.
Decent place to learn customer service skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OH 44107May 7, 2017
Aiding customers in transactions
Great customer relation skills
Management was helpful
Pressure to sell products to customers
I enjoyed building relationships with the customers I served
it's nice
Accounts payables/receivables Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2017
This place is pretty awesome. I was a temp here on a few occasions and I loved it. Very relaxing atmosphere, never any issues, and the cafeteria area is amazing!
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 7, 2017
Good place to work. Management was flexible for appts etc. Good benefits. Being a mortgage loan officer was pretty easy there since the customers walked in the door.
Terrible Management
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2017
The job is fine but the management in retail banking is awful. They promote people to management based on their numbers and not their actual ability to manage other people.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Management is awful.
Good place to work with some advancement opportunities
Bankcard Collector (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2017
The hardest part of the job was adjusting to any management changes. Solid workplace culture with plenty o encouragement. Typical workday involved a few hours of skip tracing in the morning with manual calls the remaining hours.
Skill development and financial support center
Personal Banker/Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 3, 2017
My job satisfaction comes when I'm able to provide a customised financial and moral solution(s) to every customers that I attend with. Mostly customer demands for more of my business cards to give to their friends and families that needs a financial help.
Good People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHMay 3, 2017
Everyone i have really come in contact with at fifth third is very nice and respectful. I like the culture there and the advancement in career. Rachaad El'Horr was THE BEST boss ever, loved him!
n/a
Customer Service Level II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2017
It was ok.. Not much room for advancement - too may opinions of those who worked. Management is laxed.......................................................
Great for a new teller
part-time teller/switch teller (Former Employee) –  Oregon, OHMay 2, 2017
They taught me great skills for being a teller. I will always be thankful for what I had learned while working for Fifth Third. I enjoyed the opportunity to learn the desk functions such as opening checking and savings accounts, opening cd's and the opportunity to learn audit policies and procedures like ATM audit functions.
Its ok
Teller/CSR (Customer Service Representative) (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 2, 2017
Fifth third is not a bad place to work however the standards at this workplace in opinion are too high and you cannot show your true personality. You have to change yourself in order to even fit in with their idea of professionalism.
Fun Place to work
Processor Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMay 1, 2017
This business itself is high paced so on an average day the place is looking like the stock market where everyone's heads are crazy trying to please the customers in which they should. It was a great place to work and I would again.
Banking is Banking
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 1, 2017
From a retail perspective, what you see is what you get. If you are at all an independent thinker, or have any desire to innovate the world around you (or maximize your own personal sales commission) do yourself a favor and work in another industry entirely. The turnover for retail banking is 6 months on average and for good reason. If you are a student fresh out of school, please consider waiting for another opportunity. This place has almost sucked the life out of me and it's not their fault, it's mine. This industry is for people who cannot create for themselves, enjoy following corporate structure and likely will always be somebody's workhorse without fair compensation.
Pros
Chance to meet prospective employers, clients, general financial knowledge
Cons
Micromanagement, most days are cold calls, zero diversity, under extreme scrutiny for time clock, underpaid even if you're the number one seller
Hostile Working Environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 25, 2017
Fifth Third Bank has a horrible work environment. There are no advancement opportunities. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at Fifth Third Bank I don't expect them to be in operating much longer with there current business practices.
Management and overall fairness
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 25, 2017
Fifth Third is a great place to work, but I am finding a lot of the mangers are not very proficient at their own jobs. They are not easy to go to for help, and pretty much have to figure things out on your own. Also, hourly employees are expected to work the same, but be treated different than salaried employees. Definitely some things that need to be fixed to make the culture better.
Pros
Sort of flexible
Cons
Not a lot of fairness across the board.
Banking
Licensed Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 24, 2017
Like all banks you can no longer put the customer first its all about goals that is not realistic in this day and age. It's about manipulating people and numbers.
My time at Fifth Third was a blast.
Project SEARCH Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2017
When my Internship first started I was a little afraid to start working at Fifth Third because I was nervous about people being appalled by my happy-go-lucky attitude, but most of the workers here are just normal people who are happy to see a little light in their day.
Teller
Customer Service-Teller (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 24, 2017
It was ok, start off at Part time even with experience because they love to hire part time people. Really focused on sales to customers. They want you to cross sell and your job security depends on it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval