Fifth Third Bank

Fifth Third Bank Employer Reviews

Good place that began my career
Teller (Customer Service Representative) (Former Employee), Bexley, OHFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good management, realistic but challenging sales goals
Cons: didnt seem like advancement was possible.
I loved coming to work at 5/3 every morning and I regretted leaving once I did. My managers and coworkers were great, but I didnt feel like advancement was possible because they laid off a large amount of assistant branch managers.
Strange Advancement
Customer Service Professional II (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
I have seen a lot of people grow and thrive there, but with my degree I have outgrown what Fifth Third has to offer in the Grand Rapids area. You learn a lot about the banking industry and how to handle objections and deescalate customers. I enjoy the atmosphere and the people there.
Great organization with no opportunities in South Florida
Financial Center Manager (Current Employee), Westmont, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: no growth
Only have 7 locations South Florida. Not much room for growth unless your willing to relocate.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), WoodhavenJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad management
Every day was a new learning process. Changes constantly which is great for improving your skills.
DO NOT TAKE THE JOB
Financial Center Manager, Officer (Former Employee), Marion, KYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: getting shot at
Cons: low pay
Was such a disappointment, may things told would happen with career don't believe it. HR is the worst I have every worked with - don't call for service no one speekieee english!!! Same for customers you field more calls because they cannot get help from home office.
BAD WORK ENVIRO!!!!
Great peers and work cohesion.
Teller (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good hours, helpful coworkers, good customer service experience.
Cons: potentially unhappy customers, short staffed during busy hours.
COMMUNICATION: Employed honed communication skills to effectively relay information to current and potential customers on services and products. Received and addressed customer inquiries, complaints, and questions clearly, concisely and tactfully.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Planned and executed wide range of customer-service activities, including assisting clients with managing their accounts, opening and closing accounts, advising on optimal accounts, establishing credit cards and lines of credit, and other matters.

PROBLEM SOLVING: Used knowledge of local policies and procedures to address problems efficiently. Addressed problems and issues and relayed more complex problems to higher-level supervisors to ensure resolution.
Good Place to Work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
Manage risk assessment through internet research, financial statement analysis, statistical modeling and industry analysis.

Direct management is accessible however Senior management has minimal interaction with the 'general' employee population.
Professional
Customer Service/Teller (Former Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 6, 2015
Most days were easy, cash handling and interacting with customers was wonderful.
Licensed Personal Banker (Former Employee), Fenton, MIJanuary 5, 2015
A very nice place to work. Clients and employees are valued. Easy for employees to have work life balance. Compensation very competitive.
Good Learning
Developer/Lead (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2015
I learnt a lot when I worked here. Good work culture and fun at work
Temp
Temporary Position through Adecco (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Temporary position. Was offered FT third shift opportunity but declined due to schedule conflict. Great people and a great place to work.
Great place to work with a lot of employee engagement
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis INDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great schedule and vacation.
Cons: high turnover
I have worked at Fifth Third for almost two years and have enjoyed my time there. It is a busy and productive workplace with each day presenting new challenges. I've had many opportunities for advancement and have benefited from the training of those with more experience and also had the opportunity to train new team members. My typical day involved working with customers and helped me refine my communication and customer service skills.
good bank environment exposure
Recovery Specialist/Legal Liaison/ (Current Employee), Kentwood, MIDecember 27, 2014
Pros: work load
Cons: changing priorities
great place to work at the corporate level just expect the unexpected and become an agent of change
three stars
Senior Loan Officer in Mortgage Department (Former Employee), Altoona, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: putting a person into a home
Cons: ability to put a person into a home.
Fifth Third Bank, like most all of the mortgage banking world is also struggling with the new federal guidelines. 5/3 Bank also, struggled with the operation centers and retaining their employees. They had decided to down size their retail banking department and moved the operational center to Ohio and this created a bottle neck result of the pipelines taking months after months to process and close the mortgage loans with very little management support. with the situation of support then if there was issues with a file the processing of that particular file was at a stand still. Nothing was done and there was not an appropriate support team to move the file forward so therefore, the file never proceeded to closing.
Goal oriented
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILDecember 21, 2014
Each work day consisted of performing multiple opening procedures as well as closing procedures. Fifth Third is very sales oriented and with operational focus. Effective with finding fraud and great risk assessment.
Disorganized management and poor training and foundation
Personal Banker 1 (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: easy to get hired
Cons: goals and visions are not clearly mapped
Fifth Third is an affiliate company that operates in several different states but headquartered in Ohio. Affiliates and corporate are not on one accord and there is no consistency in the management of the bank from HR to Transactional Processes at the branch level.
Telemarketing
Customer Service Reprensentive (Former Employee), Lombard, ILDecember 11, 2014
Outgoing call and building rapport with great companies to captures sales.
Awesome work days
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
Fifth Third Bank is a wonderful workplace. The environment is based on providing customers with excellent products and services via well informed and trained sales professionals.
Had reasonable job security but little room for creativity or advancement.
Dispute Resolution Analyst I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2014
Pros: part of a team, good managers, able to learn several different roles
Cons: provided with no incentive to go above and beyond, not challenged, very few sick days alloted
An excellent starting position that gave me a lot of experience with a wide variety of responsibilities. I was also part of a team of twelve other employees who taught and helped each other for the good of the team, a very collaborative environment. My typical responsibilities included assigning fraud cases to investigators, reviewing merchant and customer documentation and evidence, and corresponding with other companies regarding potential suspects and financial accountability. I would also have to monitor internal bank transaction with regards to the money involved with fraud transactions and either approve or deny them. Assigning cases was my main role within the team and I had to make sure to meet the daily quota or the case assignment queue would get too large for the team to meet regulations on case age and chargeback rights.
Steady Growth
Personal Banker/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2014
its a big family, great place to grow. No teamate is ever left behind. The trainaing is top notch and the company does puts a ot of pride into it.

About Fifth Third Bank

Fifth Third Bank is The curious bank. We are one of the top-performing banks in the country with a more-than-150-year heritage – Read more

Fifth Third Bank Photos