Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,234 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
Fulfillment Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILJuly 13, 2017
Very much enjoy working at Fifth Third Bank although it is fast paced it is very rewarding. The culture and Core Values are all about the Customer and Employee Engagement. Fifth Third Bank truly puts the Customer at the center of everything they do. Compensation is good and benefits are also very good.
Very respectable work force
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILJuly 12, 2017
Great company to work for. Management going up the chain was very helpful and personable. Strong relations are made within the company and also with the customer base.
Pros
good benefits, advancement was easy
Cons
short breaks, strict advancement policies
its work
member of president's circle (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2017
its a good company but hard to advance I am ready to broaden my horizon as I look into going back to school to further my education I am looking for a less stressful environment
Can be difficult at times
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
Management are exceeding because the share holders exceed a lot from the institution. I must say they have amazing training in my opinion. They provide proper tools for you to succeed.
Pros
idk
Cons
micro management
Loved it
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 11, 2017
I loved working here the only downfall for me is the long hours because I worked in a bank mart! The commission sucks because the area I worked was lower income area so not to many people have money to open new accounts.
Pros
Rules were followed, management back you up, holidays off
Cons
Commission was low, health insurance not good, hours if you're in a bank mart
Previous Employee
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2017
A large retail banking company, headquartered in Ohio with locations in multiple states. In the banking center working hours are Monday thru Friday with Saturday availability.
Fifth Third Bank
Financial Center Manager, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2017
Fifth Third Bank is a stable company in the Cincinnati area to work for. The pay, benefits, etc are typical for banking in this area. There are so many areas within the bank, everyone can find a job.
Productive Place to work
Regional Trust Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2017
Fifth Third is a great place to work. There are many ways to further your career as the opportunities are endless in our ever changing banking world.
Pros
5 weeks paid vacation
Cons
constant management changes
driven
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 9, 2017
Sales driven
Hours can vary and can end up staying late
Great company to move up
required calls a day are 20 and 5 appoinments per banker
only one teller at most offices making the bankers also run cash boxes.
Company looks at sales and activities and operations when it comes to performance reviews.
Pros
systems are great and resources
Cons
hours can vary and you can end up staying late like 8pm
A great place to work
Accounting Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2017
Printed several reports, input info and balanced several reports. Anserwed emails and phone calls, set up weekly and monthly meetings with internal and external co-workers.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
My time there was cut to short

Want to know more about Fifth Third Bank?

Ask a question
Good place to work but be prepared for heavy work loads and unrealistic goals when the company wants to save on bonus and incentive compensation.
Homeowners Assistance Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2017
Hard for women to move ahead. It's all about who you know, not what talent you bring. I learned a lot in the roles that I had, but some of the managers can be very gossipy.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good team building
Assistant Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2017
they believe in team building and making sure everyone is cross trained in the branch. I really appreciate their benefits package, their health wellness rewards and their financial wellness rewards are an extra benefit.
The People Make the Culture
Coordinator Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2017
Fifth Third has a great team of people. They are what make this organization great.There is however a disconnect in the CAO initiatives to develop and retain employees and the actual practice.To advance, people often leave for other companies, then return a couple of years later. Employee self-development is not really achievable with current work capacity loads.
Pros
Fortune 500 credential, Great People
Cons
Often miss lunches to keep up with workloads, Complete leadership and reorgs are frequent
Great and fun place to work
Community Development Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure at Fifth Third Bank besides liking my jobs I also was very active in activities every year a lot of volunteering. Enjoyed management and coworkers very engaging and I felt my career was monitored for growth
Not a bank at all
Sr. Relationship Manager/Licensed Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 6, 2017
Working for 5/3 bank was high-pressure sales rather than banking. The sales incentive program was constantly changing to prevent you from attaining your goals. Employees were required to sell a certain number of "fee free" credit cards per month and then had to explain to the customers why we started charging an annual fee six months later. Fees, especially overdraft fees, were not to be refunded under any circumstances. We were expected to squeeze every dime we could out of our customers. The people who devised the schemes and enforced the rules were so far removed from the front line that they couldn't see the effects of their decisions on their employees and customers. Turnover was high and employee morale was low. I meet a lot of people in the industry who "worked" for 5/3 bank, but almost no one who "works" for 5/3 bank. Generally, a hard place to work if you have a conscience.
Pros
A good job for a soul-less yes man
Cons
Poor corporate ethics
Awesome work environment
Retail Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 5, 2017
Great employer with a positive work environment! Good opportunities for growth and development in your desired field. Very productive and pleasant work space.
Excellent Comapny to work for, great culture and leadership
Financial Center Manager II (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 5, 2017
Excellent company over all. Leadership is outstanding, great team support from providing the tools to succeed. I recommend this company as an employee or as a client.
A very rewarding place to work.
Legal and Research Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 5, 2017
Processing vector requests from other offices and branches by Researching bank records, and making copies as needed for customers. A very friendly place to work. I had good working relationships with co workers and managers.
Pros
good benefits package, good people, good work atmosphere.
Cons
a long commute each way every day.
Part time CSR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 4, 2017
Helping customers is easy. Need to be part salesman to do the job well. Fits well with people who like to talk. Advancement is possible if you hit your sales goals every month.
Pros
Good hours, good coworkers
Cons
Trying to hit referral goals
The company compensates well
Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 3, 2017
The manage is not good, too many politics.
4 Managers in 2 yrs is not a good sign
The Regional was receiving flowers from a bf when the husband was
upstairs with the gf
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.