Fifth Third Bank

Fifth Third Bank Employer Reviews

Great place to work , learn and advance
Bank Mart Retail Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: commute in a busy city
I learned about retail fraud, bank security and auditing procedures. I was able to travel from office to office working with many different cultures and people.
Production and review of Fifth Third Bank
Exception Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment, very professional
Cons: salary increases
My responsibilities as Exception Work Flow Coordinator at Fifth Third Bank match the qualifications you are seeking. As the Exception Work Flow Coordinator, my responsibilities included managing our off-shore team in New Delhi, completing all exceptions sent bank wide, and being able to prioritize items by deadlines. My manager also relied on my ability – more... to communicate well with our off-shore team, and being detailed about all work I receive and send out. – less
Poor Management
Customer Service (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIMay 19, 2014
Pros: it was close to home
Cons: poor management
Overall a good place to work however at the location i worked at the management team was less than exemplary. If management would have worked at communication with the employees it would have been a much happier place to work.
management sucked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2014
Pros: nice to have a job
Cons: hated the politics
nice starter job, but was not happy with the management. felt as though they favored the brown nosers. it was too much politics. I feel a person should be judged based upon their performance, not their willingness to suck up. Management was horrible, made it depressing to come to work. I did enjoy the people I worked with though. probably what kept – more... me there as long as I did stay. I learned banking and understanding how accounts work, by working hands on at a bank. – less
Overall the experience was just OKAY
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Madisonville OhioMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: training
Typical day started with reviewing my emails to see if any new documents had come in for any and all loans I was currently working on. I had learned how to order and update credit reports, how to review home owners insurance for accuracy and what was acceptable and not acceptable. The hardest part of my job was relying on third party vendors to send – more... me documents in a timely manner. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. Made me feel welcome from the start. The most enjoyable part of my day was when i was able to schedule a closing for my customer. – less
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioMay 9, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: hours
Opening and closing of branch, audits and customer service. Fraud awareness.
Excellent management culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 5, 2014
Pros: great financial benefits
Typical day- consist of creating consultative conversation, Listen for customer needs, refer customers effectively to personal banker, manage cash levels, and vault operations, and show proficiency with Microsoft office.
What I learned- exceptional communication skill, how to manage others effectively.
Management- The management team at Fifth third – more... bank is a phenomenal team that always communicates effectively. – less
Co-workers and benefits are good.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2014
Pros: community involvement and co-workers
Cons: pressure to work overtime and fake sounding scripting
The call center I worked in for over 6 years was busy. The more skills you have the more calls you take. Food days and fun events such as the United Way campaign and Fifth Third Day on 5/3 every year were fun. The mostly unrealistic expectations in call quality and scripting got harder every year. Also, do not get laryngitis because you talk on the – more... phone all day constantly. If you max out your sick time you could end up with problems. Burnout does happen and the majority of people are there because they need a check. Most people are unhappy though. These were among the best group of people I ever worked with. Management has unrealistic expectations and should spend a day taking calls on the front lines. Customers hated the scripting and would think you were a recording. I liked helping people and always had excellent customer compliments. What the customer says about your service gets you a pat on the back and does not count towards quality and scripting which sounds so fake. – less
Noc
Telecommunication Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 2, 2014
Trained on x.25 devices. The center was relocated from Schuamburg, Ill to Mansfield, Ma. The company did over a good move package but I did not want to move to the Mansfield, Ma. area.
Small bank trying to be a larger bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: can't compete with larger banks
Fast Paced Environment, Technology a bit behind the times, not very employee centered and not much growth opportunities.
Positive environment, dedicated people, Customer service oriented, Financial center.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCApril 30, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: position elimination
A typical day at work was very productive, motivated and positive.

I learned different ways to manage people , peers, and to deal with difficult clients.

My co-workers, they were great group of individuals that learned how to worked together as a team.

The hardest part; dealing with different managers in a short period of time, but not any mayor – more... obstacle for my performance.

The most enjoyable; working with people and been able to promote within the office. – less
Micro Management
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Marion, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: locations
Cons: all east
Too much management. Too many un-obtainable goals That's all I want to say.
Great enviroment! Friendly staff!
Front Line Teller (CSR) (Former Employee), Ashland, KYApril 25, 2014
Great enviroment! Friendly staff! Sales is a BIG part of your job here!
Internship
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 25, 2014
It was like being an assistant to everyone in the office. I organized and ran mail, and many more things. It was over all a great job.
keeping cool
Client Relations Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2014
Pros: management understands your needs and helps to accomplish your goals.
As a Client Relations Representative I serve as a main communication point to Wholesale Brokers and Account Representatives. I work on loans in my pipeline making sure all conditions received and submitted to underwriting. Once all cleared, I finalize the loan and send it to closing.
When the business is high, it is a lot of work and a lot of time away – more... from the family, but the compensation is great in terms of overtime and bonuses. When the business is slow, I find myself wishing for busier times.
Over the years I learned to keep a cool head on busy days and enjoy the break on slow days. – less
Dedicated staff working together to achieve common goals of meeting corporate deadlines.
Mortgage Loan Office Support (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2014
Typical fast paced work, designed around meeting daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals.
Worked independently with little supervision from superiors.
Management constantly implementing changes to achieve best bottom line results.
High supervisor turn over ratio.
At time unrealistic goals are unattainable.
Management not staying current with industry – more... changes work always in a constant state of flux. – less
Needs work
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2014
Pros: back room is solid
Cons: lack of solid risk controls and policies
Sr management needs to invest in training and systems. The lack of front sided training leaves many MLOs under skilled. Some are top notch but newer MLOs get little direction.
Did not feel valued as an Employee.
Customer Service Manager (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee), Eastern MichiganApril 22, 2014
After working for this Company for almost 25 years and to have my position eliminated was very disappointing. Even more disappointing was that they did not even try and place people that were with the company for any length of time. Sales goals are brutal and expectaation of working 45+ hours a week. Maybe my layoff was the best thing to ever happen. – more... Don't expect to see any Assistant Managers at any Fifth Third Branch. – less
fast-paced environment with broad learning curve
Financial Center Manager, Retail Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2014
Pros: broad learning curve
Cons: too many pilot programs with no follow through
I experienced lots of success and would recommend this company to anyone looking to grow a career in retail banking.
Contract position
Contractor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2014
Working with a staff that was motivated with changes that made their job more interesting and gratifying gave them a whole new insight of their career.

About Fifth Third Bank

Fifth Third Bank is The curious bank. We are one of the top-performing banks in the country with a more-than-150-year heritage – Read more

Fifth Third Bank Photos