Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,100 reviews matching the search
loved this position
Default Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 6, 2017
This position no longer exist with the bank but it was the most rewarding of jobs I had. I really felt as if I was making a difference in the world by going to work every morning. I was apart of a small team of people that helped others stay in there homes when the housing market crashed.
CSR at Fifth Third
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Being a customer service representative at Fifth Third was a challenging job because I had to provide quick and friendly service to banking customers but at the same time I was responsible for recommending new products to new customers.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Woods, MIFebruary 6, 2017
Great Place to work. Overall satisfied. There's room for growth and they train you to move up in the company. The job is not difficult unless you can not stand for long periods of time.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
none i can think of
Nice employer
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I think it was a great company to work for. I wish they were able to retain my role in this city. I would work for them again if an opportunity arose.
productive, made good money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 3, 2017
My typical day there was review my e-mails, review my daily functions, take calls, duel monitors organized, inform customer's personal accounts, CCredit card payments, provide banking products. Workplace culture was great. The hardest part of the job was when elderly customers call about difficult position which I could not change.
My most enjoyable part of the job was very busy environment.
Pros
You were recongnized for job well done, they appreciated your dedication
Cons
A lot of pressure on sales
Worked with a team who I consider BEST IN CLASS!
LOB Business Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Gained extensive knowledge in loss mitigation, bankruptcy, property preservation, SAI timelines, quality assurance, CDIA guidelines and loan servicing.
Benefits
Cons
Laid off after 7 years in Default Servicing
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stow, OH 44224January 31, 2017
Professional atmosphere
Attentive Managers
Immediate Customer Acknowledgement upon entering branch
Sincere Employee Acknowledgement on proven work
Daily morning improvement meetings
Continued support throughout branch on sales and leads
Truly a career atmosphere
Polite and sincere Staff
Pros
Company supplied occasional free lunches, Contests for CSR's
Cons
High volume days we were found to be short staffed.
Fun culture to work and grow
Credit Risk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 29, 2017
Working at 5/3 provided many aspects of learning the lending business as well as overall growth potential for a candidate.
Very good place to work, always room for improvement.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day at work at this company is nothing exciting. Usually we push for sales to go up like usual, or to keep on pace if we're hitting goal. The most important lesson I've learned from working here is that hard work is always rewarded. The workplace culture is a bit dry and unexciting, as I do not interact much with the other departments unless there is a sales opportunity. The hardest part of the job, like any other job, is dealing with angry customers. At the bank you're dealing with people's money, and people become furious when something goes wrong with their finances, regardless of who is to blame. I do not let upset customers phase me, however, as it is a typical part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is making my customers happy. There is nothing more rewarding than a smile on someone's face when I help them resolve a problem. Some of my well known customers will brag to lesser known customers about how much they appreciate our customer service, which always puts me in a good mood.
Pros
Health benefits, dental, vision.
Cons
always understaffed
Dysfunctional
Lead Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Worked for 5/3 as a lead teller at the avondale chicago location. This was by far the worse company to work for. The training is horrible and all they care about are sales. They do not care about there customers. Management unprofessional and regional managers are no help. High turn over rate they do not appreciate there workers.
Pros
Was near public transportation
Cons
No lunches when busy, not paid enough for all the work we do, favoritism, not all rules are met
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Great company. Great people. Great staff. Very fun and friendly atmosphere. Overall company looks out and help one another. Great on the job training.
Pros
staff
Cons
benefits, lunches
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Fifth Third as it was fast paced, management was very accessible and understanding. You were given training for all new processes and changes to guideline requirements. All fellow employees were always willing to assist you.
Pros
Recognized for accomplishments. Management easily accessible
programmer
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 25, 2017
mainframe computer analysts. development and testing of computer software for merchant banking system. team oriented and individual project. ability to problem solve with efficiency and accuracy.
Banking industry do not interest me.
Banker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Working there was alright, the branch that I've trained at in Covington, KY was great. Personally I just don't think it was the right fit for me, and that is why I left.
Fun and exciting place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Fantastic place to work, friendly people to work with, quick hiring process, allows me to work smoothly and effectively. Recommend the bank to anyone to work at
Major emphasis on sales, upper management does not value support roles
CRM Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2017
Locally, this is a great company. The people are dedicated and professional. However, the corporate culture is focussed so much on sales that they disregard the importance of support functions, even more with the current CEO. They do not encourage remote work, viewing it as more of an excuse to not work hard. This also keys in to most advancement opportunities. If you're not in the corporate headquarters, your growth in non-sales areas is very limited.

As far as salary compensation, again, if you're not sales, the salary increases and bonuses are very limited. When a salesperson does well, none of the support team receives any compensation for that success, even when it is clear that without the support team, the salesperson could not have achieved the success. Where a successful salesperson receives incentive compensation, bonuses on top of that and some, a trip paid for by the company, the support staff MAY receive a paper award, if that salesperson takes the time to actually fill out a form to nominate you.
Pros
Benefits are good, 401K is matched up to your first 6%
Cons
Limited growth potential, limited value for support function
Fifth Third Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at work involved running transactions for customers, cashing a check, deposits, ect. Finding out the customers needs and recommending products and services. Hardest part was leaving my customers. overall an okay job.
Give Banking A Chance
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Working in the financial/banking industry is a great way to develop as a professional. There's a lot of rigor in our processes that forces you to be agile and creative.
Pros
The different lines of business offer a variety of career paths
Cons
Not a promote from within organization
Like stepping back into time
Other Experience (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2017
The work place environment is outdated. The culture is low tech and the management is old school. No work/life balance or alternative work solutions.
Pros
it's a pay check
Cons
it's a smaller paycheck than average
Good place to work with management that motivate and recognize your work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Overall I had a great experience working at Fifth Third Bank. I introduced me to the more professional field and all of my management looked out for my professional growth and recognized me for my work.
Pros
Good work environment, supportive management
Cons
Difficulty with advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.