Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Great organization to be a part of
AVP (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2018
Excellent employer, great culture and environment and a "Welcome" opportunity to grow. If you are looking for an awesome place to work, grow, learn and have fun in the process in working with your clients, team, community and organization, Fifth Third is an "Awesome" organization to consider for building your career.
Pros
Great place to build a career
Cons
Staffing
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2018
It was a great experience. It was my first management job and they trained me for it. The pay was low but the benefits were excellent. They did provide a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Overly fast paced environment.
Vice President - Communications/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 6, 2018
The culture at Fifth Third is consistent and based upon integrity and respect for all employees. Opportunity is limitless. Leadership is first in class in providing employee benefits.
poor
Lead customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 5, 2018
At first it was great but they start losing people that has been there for over 20 year and management became horrible they did not care about there employees at all.
Stagnent
Mortgage/Consumer Division Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2018
It is hard to move around the company. If you are coming into the banking industry, the only way to be compensated is to jump banks. The company does good community work
Pros
Managment, employees
Cons
Pay
productive place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 1, 2018
A changing environment with technology decrease in positions.Some days are busy but technology has changed the need to come to bank because now just about everything can be done on line.
It feels like Wells Fargo all over again
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2017
Its all about production point. Meeting your daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly production goals. Its all about how many loans, cc, new HH, deposits you produce. They also keep track of how many calls, and sits (appointments) you make daily. Very micro-managed to some degree. However, they do provide quarterly training and allows a new hire to have a 2 months ramp up period to get themselves familiarized with the process.
Pros
vacation roll-over, vacation buy, good 401K
Cons
Stressful to try hit monthly goal
Life changes
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 29, 2017
During my time at Fifth Third I was excited to be in my position. My things made me proud to work there. However, as I got to know the team the gossip started to make the culture in the office go down hill quick. There was a few other things that happened that I don`t wish to share. But it forced me to give my two week notice.
Pros
Experience
Productive and Friendly working place which focuses more on collaboration
Sr Business Analyst / Business Controls Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2017
My experience with 5/3 rd Bank so far has really been a nice one. The Management is very much friendly and I really rejoiced going on team lunch at regular intervals with my teammates. The Organization promotes Diversity and welcomes employees from all ethnicities.
Pros
Collaborative and Friendly Work Atmosphere
Great learning experience
Launched a new chat system pilot (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 26, 2017
Management seemed to not really know how to help the interns. There were many times where I had absolutely nothing to do and even when I asked for more work, none was given. It was a great experience and I met a lot of great people, however, I think that the program needs revamped.
Love the culture
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 26, 2017
Loved the Culture and working with my coworkers. Where colleagues are family. I get to meet all kinds of people from different walks of life. The managers are very friendly and easy to communicate with.
I loved the vendor vault
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 22, 2017
The vendor vault was a small department which consisted of 4 people. They relocated to their headquarters in Cincinnati after a change in supervisor.

It was a laid back atmosphere. I was taught by the nicest people and they were patient and we are now life long friends.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
They moved
fifth third bank
Float Teller CSR (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIDecember 21, 2017
overall a good learning experience it was a peaceful environment to work with a group of people that worked together for the most part and I was able to gain some very important skills
Pros
the hourly wage
Cons
the stress of the work environment
I think they should place a value on turnover with in the company. They are spending to much money replacing associate who have learned the job.
Disputes Resolution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45263December 21, 2017
taking incoming calls, addressing account holders issues and request for assistance ranging from money transfer between accounts, credit and or debit card issues and or replacements. acting as an intake specialist when an account holder has either been a victim of a scam, billing errors, account take over, product disputes, lost or stole credit and or debit cards.

I learned the basic system needed to do my job assignment both in a call center environment vs the disputes department environment.

You could go an entire day without having any interaction with management. as this was the norm. If you did something good they would acknowledge the accomplishment, and also if you were not at 100% in terms of the quotas i.e AHT, ATT, OSAT, Quality in spite of the system related issues we faced every day. The culture was speed up or you would be walked out. This was what we had to handle on a daily basics. Either you were perfect o you were not. Getting to that 100% across the board metrics, working with systems that did not do what they were programmed to which should have been at 100% and they were not. If I took the 4 minute's or 30 minute's at the end of the day I was able to help the customer with an issue and even if it wasn't in their favor they left knowing that they were helped.
Pros
working with the multiple systems
Cons
The timing place on incoming calls.
Great atmosphere and culture
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 20, 2017
The office environment is great!! We work well as a team and we have each others backs. My manager does not micromanage and the customers are pleasant.
Pros
All we do is eat
Cons
pay
If your young apply
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCDecember 20, 2017
I was employed PT with 5/3. My opportunities for growth were hindered by my job location. Every attempt I made to change positions I was denied. It seems 5/3 is all about promoting youth but the older employees are there to even out the numbers.
fun work place
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 18, 2017
I would recommend to everyone it is energetic fun and fast pace very competitive. amazing leadership and amazing co workers. a awesome place to work. great benefits
Fifth Third Bank
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 15, 2017
Fifth Third Bank is a good company to work for and they offered good benefits. My work day was always very busy from the start to the end of the day
Pros
On different occasions they offered free lunch.
Cons
Sometimes I would be to busy to take a break.
Good place to work, I enjoyed my time here
National Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2017
I have no real complaints regarding Fifth Third. My position was eliminated, there was no reason for any bitterness and nothing I could have done to prevent the loss. Management was always helpful, there was room for advancement, work/life balance was good, benefits and salary were good, no real negatives.
Pros
Locaiton, management communication was positive
Cons
No warning in regards to downsizing
Fun place to work, but demanding
Bank Teller, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIDecember 11, 2017
Fast Moving job, Managers are very nice, but the computer programs are not friendly and cause a lot of problems. Selling is a large part of Fifth Third, so you need to be constantly looking for opportunities to offer customers every day.
Pros
bankers hours
Cons
High sales goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.