Fifth Third Bank

Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Solid Company
Prefunding Quality Control Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2015
Pros: Remote/Flex time
A solid regional banking institution with customer focus. Management allows work/life balance through remote and virtual working opportunities.
Fifth Third Review
Customer Service Professional II (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 16, 2015
Pros: Insurance, paid holidays
Cons: High turn-over
The company is very good to their employees, there is a lot of opporunity for growth if you take it in your own hands. A lot of hard work will get you a long way.
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working for fifth third, the only reason left was because I had to relocate and I had not worked for them long enough to transfer.
It was decent
Investor Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2015
Worked in back office, decent work environment and people. Pay and benefits were good, but culture could be a bit toxic at times.
Great Company
Customer Service Teller (Former Employee), Brecksville, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Bank Hours :)
Typically as a Teller is processing deposits all day, but the co-workers are the ones that makes the day go by fast and fun.
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, INMay 6, 2015
I loved working here and I loved the pay. The bad part was you had to sell so many solution every month (lots of pressure). I did love working here and I loved my manager. I had to move that's why I left.
Hardworking metric orientated environment
Service to Solutions (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 1, 2015
Pros: great location
Cons: not customer focused, too metric focused
A typical day involved responding to customer concerns in regards to balance issues with checking or savings accounts, password and payee issues with online banking, and issues associated with credit cards.
Good place. Bad Place.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 30, 2015
Pros: clients
Cons: pay
The culture of the company may vary. The pay is not good. But that's banking for you. They hire people from anywhere. High school graduates, drop outs. Your going to have to work with people who aren't on the same university level you may have. Only position that's good enough is a regional manager and up. anything below that is pretty much a headache and they always set point goals and targets that get met most of the time. Everyone chews each other out. ONE DAY THEY CHERISH YOU. THE NEXT DAY THEY DESPISE YOU. ONE DAY YOUR THE TOP PERFORMER, THE NEXT DAY YOU CAN BE LACKING FOR NO REASON. When you ask for a raise they make up excuses on your job performance making you feel like bad like your not ever good enough. But crazy thing is that the day before your managers told you how great you were and how well your numbers are. That your performing so excellent. they dont wanna pay you more. your just a slave promised the land you work on.
Productive and great work flow.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2015
I typical day machines were set up for several deadlines throughout shifts. I was responsible for following established procedures. There was a great relationship with employees and management staff.
Great Learning with performance
Retail banker analyst (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILApril 30, 2015
Great Learning with performance
Good Job life/work balance
Nice Compensation/benefits
Job culture is pretty decent
Great Place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2015
I learned a lot about the financial industry. Coworkers were great along with a very extensive training program which taught everything you needed for basic transactions
Research Analyst - Commercial Loan Operations (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Cost of benefits
Working at Fifth Third Bank has been good. I have learned so much and enjoy my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is that my manager works in another State. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am making a positive difference.
Company changed Focus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toledo OHApril 23, 2015
Pros: Loved working with customers and challenge of balancing
Cons: Unrealistic goals and product pushing while shorthanded
Company goals changed from customer service to focusing on product pushing. Bad management choices. Worked shorthanded due to staff leaving because of performance pressure and unrealistic goals. Used to be a great job but became a dread.
Great Company
Consumer Loan:Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 22, 2015
Great company and great opportunities for advancement. Solid management and great programs for continuing education.
Nice layout with professional atmosphere
Consumer loans multi-stage collector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 20, 2015
Typical day at work would be to speak to debtors on a daily and try to calculate plans based on living expenses regarding their financial hardships. Setting up payment arrangements bringing the account out of delinquency and/ bringing account delinquency down on the account. The management was up to par and efficient with their management duties. The co-workers were knowledgeable and helped one another. The hardest part of the job was trying to assist the customers without jobs that were more than thirty days past due. I enjoyed helping customers and knowing I was able to brighten up their day(s) by updating their information.
Overall the job was ok
Data entry (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: none
I like Data Entry work. Coding / Keying/Balancing and E Balancing customer account was work well done, as long as the customer is satisfied I know I did a good job
Pretty good job
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2015
I really enjoyed the sales portion of banking just did not enjoy the micro managing and the customer complaints portion.
N/A
Customer Service Professional, FIFTH THIRD BANK (Former Employee), KentwoodApril 16, 2015
I work for this company for 7 years and it was a miserable experience. There is no room for advancement/growth in this company and they have a high turnover.
Nice work environment
Senior Structured Finance Collateral Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 14, 2015
A typical work day would consist of manual loan payments and advance requests. Communication with clients in regards to the cash collateral or operating accounts.
Bank Teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Being forced to sell credit cards
Processed night drop deposits, took customer transactions and made sure they were processed correctly, assisted with the weekly balancing and refilling of the ATM. Branch manager and assistant branch manager very easy to work with as were the other tellers. Really wasn't anything too hard but I truly did enjoy building relationships with the customers.
Employees