Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,099 reviews matching the search
Fifth Third
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 18, 2017
Not an enjoyable company to work for if you do not enjoy sales. It is a very sales driven company. Majority of your job depends on making outrageous goals for sales.
Good Team work
Dot Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2017
The best Team which i had ever worked with.The communication levels with team members is highly appreciable.The good part is the work in Fifth third Bank is stress free.
Great Company
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Fifth Third Bank is a great company to work for. I started my professional career with them in 2009 and they truly invested in me to turn me into a successful professional.
Okay place to work
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Can be fun just don't like when you learn a skill your pay don't increase the hr are good but I don't like we're you have to work a Saturday they manage is pretty good great that they have a ATM
A CSR Review
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 13, 2017
Your pay and your enjoyment at this company is dependent upon the location you settle at. I originally floated for 5/3 for nearly 6 months and enjoyed meeting new people. However I made the choice to stay at a single location full time without fully researching the place and it has been a mistake since.
Goals are set so high they cannot be reached
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Algonac, MIJanuary 12, 2017
I have worked for Fifth Third Bank for 7 years. I love the work I do as a Personal Banker, however, Fifth Third is a goal centered bank. The goals are not set from the are of the bank they work in and the goals are set too high to be reached. I believe if the customer is happy with your customer service, the customer will continue to come into the bank and they will continue to use the banks services. Fifth Third does not appreciate good customer service. The only concern is selling a product to every customer. When the branch you work at is a small town, you see the same customers daily. It is not fair to pressure these customers daily. It is a ethical issue for me.
Pros
Get legal holidays off.
Cons
Have to work Saturdays.
Great Starter
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  East Side, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Fifth Third is a great company to work for! You work as a team on the front end and everyone helps everyone succeed! I would definitely suggest it to anyone
Pros
Flexible, caring, help out
Positive work environment
Dispute Resolution Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Great work environment with supportive management. Good advancement opportunities with goal driven support. Room for growth with knowledge and experience in various Loss Mitigation roles with effective crosstraining oppurtunies.
Pros
Good supportive management
Cons
Lack of compensation
Great Culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Windermere, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I was given all the tools I needed to be successful. Management was supportive of my innovative ideas which I liked the most. It helped with the most challenging environments, making all my days great.
Pros
Employees are amazing.
Cons
Compensation package could be better.
They have alot of branches for customer
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 10, 2017
Always busy with customer and sale calls. Went from being a teller to new accounts quickly. Loved my co workers we always seem to be able to laugh and make it enjoyable to be there. The hardest part was staying late and making sale calls and have to meet a goal with sales monthly. The most enjoyable part of the job was customers that came in daily.
Pros
employees
Cons
sales and goals
good place to work
Software Engineer intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Good place to work if sponsorship is not required.
Good place to learn and chance to involve and work with various technologies. Employee benefits are also good for the full-time employees.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2017
This was a great company to work for! Systems are tab bit outdated but has a really supportive upper management team. I really enjoyed working Fifth Third
Nice but Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIJanuary 6, 2017
Nice environment to work in but stressful handling large amounts of cash daily. At one point I was held at gunpoint and robbed. I was part time but was offered more hours if I was willing to travel to other branches and help out.
Pros
Decent Company
Cons
Risks of Handling Cash
Poor work/life balance
Financial Center Manager III, AVP (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Unable to take vacation, attend to family events do to lack and reduced staffing and increased responsibilities in the financial center. Unable to retain employees due to increased responsibilities, ie. processing own proofwork vs sending with a courier and monthly audit responsibilities with reduced staffing levels.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support from senior management
Sales oriented
Teller (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 3, 2017
If you are an sales oriented person then this is the job for you. It's focus is sales and getting your numbers for the day. The pay is good and the training is thorough
Less Than Stellar Experience
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 28, 2016
The company seemed to be very dedicated to educating employees on banking, and operations. My branch experience was horrible. The Manager wasn't strong relating to employees or customers and did not take up for employees at all.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
Horrible moral and atmosphere
Good work environment and competent staff.
Sr. Storage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2016
Good work environment and competent staff. Fifth Third is a top 20 US bank and is well respected. Benefits are comparable to other Banks.
Nice pay out bonuses.
Service to Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 27, 2016
Can be a nice to work. The sales portion can be the most difficult to learn. Everyone in my starting class was very close. We all help and supported each other as much as we could, and we enjoyed doing so.
Overall Good Company
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2016
Great Company to work for, with much focus on inclusion and interactiveness. They ae open to changes and positively receiving feedback from all levels of employees from upper managment to lower managment.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
High Turnover
Great workplace with oppurtunities to learn and grow
Banker (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILDecember 23, 2016
My typical day began with a morning process to set up my day. I would engage the team with a morning huddle to set the precedent for the day. I always learned new things, whether it was a new procedure or product I would take the time to gain more knowledge to understand the processes. My manager was awesome, he was keen on personal development and engagement. The management sought to help the team to learn the consultative sales process to uncover customer needs through a detailed conversation. I worked at the same branch for several years as a teller and then a banker. I had amazing coworkers who treated me like family. There was not a difficult aspect to my job; I wanted to learn it all and find more efficient ways to do things. I enjoyed working for the company because of the employee engagement and coaching we received, this was beneficial to me in my career development.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
employee turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.