Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits
Retail Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 28, 2015
Great benefits, great co-worker and management. if you work at a bank-mart the hours are not that great. You will learn a lot about loans and baking practices. They teach you well. you get know the customers really well.
Great place
Client Advisor, Treasury Management (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2016
Great Managers, coworkers were great, overall a wonderful place to work, work life balance was amazing. Benefits were good as well.
sandwich artist
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Portage, INMay 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working at jj I was young when I worked there but it was fun and easy work not very dirty and I never got sick of eating it
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2016
This was a very fast paced place to work. Co-workers were all helpful. There were lots of goals that had to be met. I enjoyed my job very much.
Great Management but no advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
I worked as a teller under lealia evans at the douglass loop branch. The environment was great. but upper management did little to advance current employees. that was the downfall
Pros
great people and management
Cons
they DO NOT advance from within
Nice Management
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 1, 2016
It has been many years since being employed with this company. I cant comment on how it is currently ran but when I worked there it was nice
typical financial sales job
Personal Banker Platform Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2015
after a while gets bored and very little financial motivation. I would rather have more competent managers but if their compensation is low nothing much to expect.
Pros
401 K and some life/work balance
Cons
Politics to advance up the ladder
Technologically Deficient
Lead CSR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2015
Short staffed at all times, 1 Teller(also running drive up) for High Volume Branch is acceptable to all levels of management. No training to speak of and love to hammer with audits without teaching or training on proper ways. Teller Systems ancient and inefficient. Went without lunch many a day due to staffing. Terrible benefits
Fantastic atmosphere!
Customer Service Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, OHAugust 28, 2015
Come in to work and login to the computer system. Count your drawer then proceed to help customers with various banking needs. Management is extreemly helpful and patient. Co-workers are polite and educational when encountered. Count your drawer at the end of the night and return all work items to the vault.
Pros
Clear layout of needed accomplishments to achieve future position.
Cons
I can not think of any Cons for this company I suppose the pay could be better.
great manager
Lead CSR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
the company gets their money worth when they work you don't have a staff arrangement since they increased a teller description not much of a raise but they expect a lot of you
It is a sweat house
Loan originator/Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, OHSeptember 1, 2015
Management is horrible, no advance, You feel you are back in the horse and buggy days. The pay does not justify the means. The manager I worked under came in and fired most of our team. These people had been there for a long time. She cut out all part time people. Her reason was they cannot be accountable.
Pros
It is easy to get hire so if you are in between please apply
Cons
Management sucks
Great Company that's both client and employee focused
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 8, 2015
This is a great company with excellent benefits for someone. Highly focused on consultative sales with production requirements which is why a gave a two star rating for job security/advancement.
Pros
Professional work environment, great benefits, excellent work/life balance.
Cons
Risk of loosing job for missing sales goals.
great for a career starter
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 22, 2016
great place to work if you're looking to start a career. every location is different, so you must be adaptable if this is a place you're looking to work.
Working up the ladder
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 5, 2015
I feel this company could do a better job of retaining the valuable talent in the branches. In the seven years I have been with the company I have seen them loose many very talented people because they are more willing to pay outsiders coming into the company more than they pay those that have worked their way up in the company. I have seen excellent people leave the company to go to other institutions that are willing to pay them much more to do the same exact job. They don't even make counter offers to try to keep valuable people. They wonder why they have such a high turnover rate, but I feel if they would pay their existing employees what competitors are willing to pay, and what they are willing to pay incoming talent they would see more employee loyalty and retention.
Pros
training programs for advancement
Cons
unwilling to pay competive rates to those working their way up within the company
5/3
lead/csr (Current Employee) –  ILOctober 4, 2015
Started working at a very fun,team-oriented, family-like branch for 2 1/2 yrs, took a promotion at new location and was treated like an outcast. Feel mistreated by coworkers. No team work or respect for each other.
Pros
pay is ok and decent benefits
Cons
no consistency between management, big turnover, high goal expectations
Not enough hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 27, 2015
I was a CSR (customer service representative) and they only offered part time for that positon. I did not like working until 5 o clock when I had to work and I did not like that the hours were not consistant.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
not enough hours
wonderful place to work and freindly people and customers
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 15, 2015
Loved this job and the people was a good company to work for.. only thing i didn't like was the expectations of referrals to get.. we got the same customers in every week so it was hard to sell things to the same people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
referrals
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Great company to work for. Fair pay. Great benefits package. Organized. Clear message as to Mission Statement. Employee engagement.
Negative experience
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 14, 2016
I moved to 5/3 from BOA, and I thought it would be much more respected due to the culture that 5/3 promotes. Come to find out any position on the retail side of banking is an aggressive sales position. As a personal banker, there was not a morning without criticism both work related and personal. There weren't many lunch hours taken without interruptions, and lets not forget the days with the famous 2 hours lunches and they required that we stay by the building.

I often had to work late hours without compensation, (I was not salary). I was informed to use word play to trick customers into getting services or products that do not meet their financial needs. I had to listen to a harassing manager everyday complain why we cant sell thousands dollars of financial services and products to our target market downtown Clearwater where the gap between the poor and the rich is wide enough to see the negative affect this organization has on its community and its employees. Overall I rate this my worse company I have worked for and would rather work at Wendys flipping burgers over wearing a fifth third name tag and representing an unethical organization.
Great Place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 23, 2016
High demands, high compensation. Caring staff, high sales goals, bad reputation with customers due to high fees, very nice work environment