film Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Passion
Project Developer (Former Employee) –  USA and ChinaSeptember 16, 2017
You must have passion for film or you will never keep working in this industry. Film require a long hour work and give up your personal life. You will travel many places and never home. You must not say "no" to any problems that might happened. Its fast pace and stressful job. You are not only need to have high IQ, but also need to have very high EQ. Since you will face people internationally. Multitasking and quick thing is alway plus.
Great environment, exciting workload.
Freelance Video Production Services/Videographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
From the constantly changing clients, equipment, locations, and styles of video I had to always be ready to adapt for unforeseen problems and solution
Pros
Community connections.
A nice environment with some obvious cons.
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJMay 18, 2017
All staff was very down to earth but one of the main managers didn't know the name of a single child during the duration of the summer camp. It was my job to make the child have a fun and peaceful environment. One incident I attempted to make a child stop crying and I was given some flack.
exciting fast paced ever changing and constantly moving work
Freelance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
Working in the NYC commercial and feature film business is as challenging and fast paced as it gets. You must work as an instrument guiding a machine of up to 150 people create media that involves multiple departments that are all time sensitive and demand the utmost sacrifice in time, coordination and attention from every person involved. The hardest part of the job is also the most rewarding; the sacrifice of one's personal life to complete 16 hour multitasking days in order to create the fluid and sensitive visual artwork that demands the utmost creative attention from every employee involved.
Pros
working with a diverse multicultural and spending 16 hours a day living like a family
Cons
the stress of not knowing when or how long you will be home to see your loved ones
Productive realistic learning environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Wake up early and have a schedule for the day. Flexibility is always allowed but having a plan is great.
After a productive morning of filming we take time to plan for the next day and any future projects.
Great variety of jobs, little job security
Actress and extra (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Great people to work with, a lot of different jobs and fun projects. However, very chaotic lifestyle with little job security and low pay for people starting off in the industry
Very productive work environment
Production Assistant for Warner Bro's (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 5, 2016
Wonderful environment! Wonderful people! You meet a lot of fun and interesting folk on set! The hours are long, but time fly's when you're having fun!
makeup artist
Key Makeup "Marshall" director Reginald Hudlin (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with producers, department heads, and production over all. I find myself to be very efficient and productive on set. I find myself very valuable because I am able to multitask and achieve what needs to be done in time.
Freelance Film Work
Director of Photography (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 10, 2016
Work 12 hour days, fast paced environment, work with new people each project, always something different and exciting each day. The best part is working with great talent.
Enjoyable part of the job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is my contribution to the film production and see the work on the big screen in a theater.
Pros
Catered Food, Meeting Actors
Cons
Short Term
Great learning
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJJuly 13, 2016
I learnt a lot from the director about finding a great subject and storytelling skills.
The nuts and bolts of documentary film editing were experienced.
exhilarating
Script Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2016
I work professionally as a script supervisor and film professional and photographer/cinematographer. I have specific industry experience and a broad network of professional talent and crew. I am always looking for supplementary and industry related work.
Pros
fun times and sometimes great side benefits
Cons
long days and inconsistent work
Fun luxury all inclusive neighborhood to work
Special (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 23, 2016
Working high profile events, I learned things have to go off without a hitch. Even when things may not be perfect, finding a creative way to make the event seamless under pressure is a fun and exciting challenge
Pros
Free Valet parking
Creative and fun work place with activities
Operation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pristina, KosovoMay 17, 2016
Managing schedules and budgets, taking care to the needs of crew members and performing an assortment of general administrative tasks.
Providing various administrative services to keep the cast and crew happy and the production on schedule and within budget. Daily contact with other departments of the company, such as human resources, sales and accounts payable, as well as vendors outside of the company. Coordinating of accommodations for casts and crews on location and occasionally type and make copies of scripts when they undergo changes. Also prepare and file paperwork, process contracts, order equipment and answer phones.
Department Worker
Warehouse Clerk (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 17, 2016
Price tagging shoes, clothing, and fragrances.
Packaging for delivery.
It was often slow and tiring, but my co-workers made it fun.
Pros
Conversating with people
Cons
Work load.
Great work environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2015
My employees and manager were very friendly. My job consisted of checking in and out camera equipment to students. Learning about new cameras was the hardest and enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Work Study
Professional, fun, and helpful.
Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2015
The schools I attended were helpful, the staff was fun to be around, and my crew I worked with the time I was there was the best group I could of asked for. I made life time connects with staff and classmates alike.
Film is life
Director Of Photography / Editor (Former Employee) –  westbury new yorkJanuary 7, 2015
I love filming and creating different types of films. Being the videographer has given me a chance to not only meet new people but to work on a film from start to finish and learn from each venture.
Fun, Interesting, yet seemingly hopeless (in the short-term)
FREELANCE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Freelanced. Hopped around assisting various film producers and media companies hoping to acquire my dream job. Still have a passion for film and the creative arts that I hope I can cultivate again one day. For now, I need to focus on a career that is viable for my financial circumstances and will allow me the freedom and peace of mind I need to live a happy life.
Always on the move - whats your job title now
Office Manager -Junior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New York NYMarch 12, 2014
My day starts around 8:15am I set up the floor for the clients... go through emails to see if there any appointments and or request from the three buildings I co-manager. i deal with 7 supers a day making sure that any request clients have are taken care of in a timely fashion as well as placing any supply orders. i end my days at 4:30 pm physically but i am available via email for emergencies. i have learned how the true meaning of multi tasking. My main time are the best group of hard working, dedicated and loyal individuals I have had the pleasure of working with and for. My clients and the location of my office are what i enjoyable the most and my team we are a family of sorts. The hardest part of my job is the structure or lack there of, and feeling unappreciated.