Finance

Finance United States Employee Reviews

Massive workload and long hours - employee concerns are disgarded
Mgr., Accounting/Finance/Corp Admin. (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FloridaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours - no work/life balance.
A typical day is mainly working with finance groups from corporate requesting information related to monthly results, analysis, trends, forecasts and requests for ad-hoc reports for new strategic initiatives. This, in addition to projects for billing contract milestones, updating local profit plans, internal meetings with sales and legal on contract redlining, procedural changes, sales pipelines, financial calls and overseeing the accounting team and AR and AP activity, collections and risk analysis, all the while responding to 70-80 emails per day, invoicing, reporting, and fielding internal questions relating to contracts,

The hardest part of this job is the increased workload. More work keeps getting pushed down from corporate with firedrills/deadlines, and with the lack of resources due to a hiring freeze, the work cannot get done in an 8 hr day. My team and I are working 10-12 hour days and more on the weekends to catch up. There is no work/life balance and no disconnect from work on the weekends. I am thankful I have a team of dedicated employees that support each other.
I am an experienced Technical & Project manager offering years of success in leading & managing all phases of diverse Business & Technology projects
Manager, Finance Systems (Current Employee), Novato, CAMarch 26, 2014
Recent Contributions:
• Lead Implementation team to rollout Oracle HR, Advance Benefits, and Payroll & Taleo Business
Edition (TBE) from planning to execution within 6 months. Instrumental in transitioning to TBE with
data validation, conversions and rollout using ADFS Single Sign on capabilities with TBE and its
integration with Oracle HR for New Hires .
• Managed Legacy data conversion, data validation and worldwide design and roll out of Employee &
Manager Self Service with Functions from HR, Benefits & Payroll. Coordinated requirements
discussions with Benefits & Payroll Carriers and lead the technical team on design & rollout of 27 critical
interfaces and secure data transfer with Benefits & Payroll Carriers.
• Rollout of US Benefits Open enrollment using Oracle Advance Benefits and managing cutover plan and
activities.
• Managed Payroll data conversion, element entry design, Payroll Costing with GL, Monthly Vertex
Patches and Payroll Year End activities. Instrumental in Rollout of historical W2’s on HR Self Service
and its data conversion in Oracle.
Operational Highlights:
• Stabilized ERP implementation and support by having a Patch Strategy & performing periodic end to end
business process health check, increasing user adoption by functionality awareness and Training and
ensuring 100% ERP system utilization to support business processes & ROI.
• Collaboratively defined and structured ERP program / project objectives, ERP governance, ERP
Operations oversight and ERP Portfolio Management committees.
Reduced solution delivery & overhead cost by 10% with aggressive vendor – more... management & leveraging IT
Applications investment.
• Large scale programs/projects managed include Solution design, implementation & support of
Taleo Business Edition, Oracle HR, Advanced Benefits, Payroll, Hyperion Planning & HFM,
iProcurement, EDI for Purchasing, Demantra S&OP, OBIEE 11g platform & Analytical dashboards, AP-PO
invoice Match streamlining & Invoice approval process, electronic Invoice processing
(Paperless/OB10) & re- engineering of procure to pay & Record to Report process.
• Designed & delivered creative solutions like online IT Equipment Request process, Tracking of
Capital Spend, Training curriculum using UPK and Orchestrate year end SOX activities.
• Manage direct reports for their career development. Successful track record in translating
business requirements into systems solutions, managing expectations of Executive Management,
cross-functional business teams & all in-direct Stakeholders across full life-cycle of projects
undertaken. Maintain relationship with IT Solution Delivery Teams consisting of CSV, BRM, ERP &
Architecture and AMS teams to ensure alignment per project requirements.
• IT Liaison to Finance, HR, Commercial, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Business units.

Financial Highlights:
• Consistently delivered on operational commitments of 95% projects on time, on budget and 100%
adherence to Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and compliance metrics.
• Reduced ERP Infrastructure cost by 30% by transitioning hosting of Oracle ERP platform from
physical hardware to virtual platform (VMware).
• Expanding ERP footprint to new countries and entities to help product launches & integrate
Finance Systems to acquisitions e.g. ZyStor Therapeutics, Lead Therapeutics, Shanbally
Manufacturing
cility.
cility. – less
DIRECT HIT (Marketing Research, Branding, Analysis)
EVP of Operations, Marketing and Sales (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CADecember 6, 2013
Pros: freedom to create
Cons: not enough time
ANALYTIC SKILLS: Brand Analysis; Google Analytic; SWOT Analysis; Database Analysis; Segmentation Analysis; Media, Demand, Competitive, Comparative, Client Acquisition and Performance Analysis.

MARKETING STRATEGIES & TACTICS: Brand Management, Targeted Branding Platforms, Big Data Marketing; Google Adwords; SEO, SEM, EAI, CPC, CPL, CPM, PPC; Channel Marketing; Mobile (SMS) Marketing; Web & Mix Marketing; Direct Marketing; Video; Guerilla; Social Media; Email; Digital & Voice Broad Casting; On & Off-Line Surveys.

PLATFORMS: TV, Radio, Print, PPC, Digital, SMS, Mobile Apps, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Four Squares, LinkedIn, Instragram, Digital/Electronic Billboards, YouTube.

OPERATIONS & MANAGEMENT SKILLS: Recruit, Train, and Supervise Successful Sales Force; Strategic Product Planning & Development; Excel Written & Verbal Communication: Training Manual, Phone Scripts; Crafting Ad Copy in Text Voice, Digital, Print; Media Acquisition; Director of Call Centers; Executive Sales Director, Ecommerce Expert.
Challenging Work
Sr SAP BI/BO Consultant (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 2, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally ident
My Day
Customer Service (Current Employee), Fort Myers FLSeptember 12, 2013
I love where I at work at. Its an amazing work place. My co-workers are awesome. We all work together as a team. We love to help others as much as we help each other. My favorite part of the day is when I walk in to work in the morning and brighten every ones day with my smile. Management couldn't be any better. The only reason why I'm looking for another job is because I'm a single mother and times are hard. I am willing to work a part time job that is willing to work with my schedule.
It Helped me grow in The Financial Industry as a Collector/Customer Service Representative.
COLLECTOR/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2013
Pros: bonuses in my check.
Cons: short breaks.
In this industry you'll always have a difficult customer/debtor,the best part of it is to turn that difficult customer into a satisfied customer,with either a settlement or a payment arrangement.
Of course I had a great team to back me up in case I needed help.
For some of my co-workers it was hard to be on the phone,I enjoy working on the phone,interacting with customers,be useful to their needs which is what I enjoy the most about my job,I provide solutions,I solve problems.
Just a small size company with the small budjet
Sr .Net Developer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 24, 2013
Pros: some times
It was tough from the begining but I adopted later
to the invironment. People are nice but boss is a crasiest think I ever met in mine carier.
It is a maine reason I left