Financial Asset Management Systems

Financial Asset Management Systems Employee Reviews

Bad
Quality assurance lead auditor (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Very poor management.
CEO very impulsive. Stressful environment.
Management verbal mistreating.
I would not recommend this company to work for because there is a lack of professionalism from management. +
Pros
Cons
No chances for growth
Awg specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MONovember 4, 2017
Competitive pay, good work environment, bonuses are not capped, life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, and vision. Matched 401k, and paid vacation. Environment is competitive, but fun. You can make a decent amount here. Hours are good as well.
Pros
Money, benefits, management
Cons
Don't bother if you have a bad attitude or can't come to work on time!
Great place
GOVERNMENT SERVICE COLLECTOR/UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 11, 2017
Loved every bit of this job till a new Director came in after a couple years and made an example out of me. Money, benefits and the people were great. Nothing really bad to say.
Terrible
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHOctober 4, 2017
The Ohio Location which closed with no notice given to employees was poorly managed by all upper management. It was completely cut throat and no one cared.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible Work Enviornment
Great place to be employed
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 2, 2017
Financial Asset Management Systems is a great place to be employed. There was room for growth and promotion was first given from within. Adherence to policy, procedures, and law is first and foremost. FAMS looked out for their employees with incentives for employees and their families as well.
Company Closed
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 18, 2017
Was a good place to work. A little to strict with some of the rules.
The company is no longer around. But a good start for collections to work on out dated student loans,
Pros
Money
Cons
Closed
Forcibly competitive collections floor
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 13, 2017
Big on attendance and attitude; get in to fit in sort of place. Management will manipulate inventory and who has access to it in order to manufacture competitiveness. Reliable job with reasonable compensation.
Good jby
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 3, 2017
Great job to you like collections and ruining people's lives. It's the persons fault but if faam is calling you better listen because they do not play and if you are lucky they will say something that you can bring a lawsuit against.
social enviornment, extremely unorganized
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 22, 2017
This company lacked professionalism. Management has never been one accord, which in return created a chaotic work environment. Met a lot of awesome coworkers. Although chaotic, I did gain a lot of collection experience and knowledge.
Financial Asset Management Systems.....Hardcore collections at its worst.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHApril 4, 2017
The best part of this company was the people I worked with day to day. The company collected on defaulted student loans on both federal and private student loans.
Management created a very mercenary and cut-throat atmosphere. The rate of pay was not fairly balanced in the comparison to the work load placed on it's employees.
This was the kind of hardcore collection work that everyone hears horror stories about.
In 2015, the company lost its contract with the U.S. Department of Education and closed its office in Cincinnati and was not honest with employees about this situation.
Pros
Flexible work hours with some weekends off.
Cons
low wages in comparison to the expected workload, poor job security, no opportunity for growth, company culture was very "cut-throat" and incredibly stressful.
Job Review
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Financial Asset Management Systems ..could actually be a great place to work without the drama that follows. There are times when managers are not available to guide you to a successful tenure with the company. That makes for a not so cohesive group. Employees are not confident in their position. There is a lot of favoritism with the collectors, not being supportive of the newcomers on the collection floor.
Coworkers were great
Collections (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Was enthusiastic going into this job. Training was at a minimum. You are told that you will be given additional training once on the desk. Not true, had to ask peers and or figure it out on your own. Employed for a short period of time and then let go due to not enough work.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Hired/fired short period of time, Upper mgmt approach when addressing employees
Good company atmosphere
CLIENT ADMINISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 15, 2017
The collections atmosphere is fun and tough. The typical day in any collection shop is a grind to meet the company and client expectations.

Great leadership and coworkers make a tough environment manageable and enjoyable day to day.

The hardest part of the job is the day you are laid off due to lack of work.
Freedom to set your own course
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 27, 2016
A typical day at work would be meeting daily goals, planning and implementing effective strategies. I learned some useful analytical techniques about my profession from Sr. Management. I also was able to refine interpersonal skills to that of an elite level. My fellow management staff was very knowledgeable and most of all competitive. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and late nights. The most enjoyable part about the job Is the thrill of success.
Pros
Comparable monthly salary.
Cons
Subpar benefits package. Filthy office space.
Overall a good job
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 8, 2016
I really like the actual job, my co-workers and management. the culture is made up of mostly competition and extroverts, but if it fits your personality you will do well here. I've already made a bonus check in the short time I've been here, so that's definitely a benefit since the holidays are coming up.

Don't expect much from the HR department. The representation in St. Charles especially is the worst. If you have a problem with your personal medical information being talked about with all other employees, or having HR talk to you about their love-life and asking you extremely inappropriate questions, I would suggest avoiding any contact with her all together.
Pros
Good training, managers who care, leadership that is consistent
Cons
the HR department
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2016
My typical day was taking in and preparing accounts for intake and sale of both Department of Education and Navient/Sallie Mae student loans. We had no interaction with the borrowers.
Pros
Great help among co-workers
very serious place
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOOctober 10, 2016
The pay is good. There is a bonus incentive in place for those who want to make a little more money for the month. you must hit you monthly quota to get it.
Pros
bonus, pay
Cons
no grace period, when late they blow a bull horn in your ear.
Closed
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2016
Enjoyed the position because of my co-workers. After working there for almost 2 years it shut down. I was disappointed that management did not let the employees know that the doors would be shut until one week before it happened. It gave nobody time to look for another job. Management was poor.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Wonderful co-workers
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 1, 2016
A typical day was calling 250 debtors daily. Trying my best to collect on Sallie Mae student loans. Management thought everyone has money and do not take no for an answer. The hardest part was skip tracing, finding people and getting them on the phone.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours
3rd Party Collector (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 24, 2016
I was productive employee for FAMS but realized the direction they were going in was not the direction I was going in and I decided to leave the company. I can not say I would recommend them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Financial Asset Management Systems. Our community is ready to answer.