Financial Asset Management Systems

Financial Asset Management Systems Employee Reviews

Positive
Bilingual Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Tucker, GeorgiaApril 18, 2015
I am still currently employed at Financial Asset Management Systems and am looking for new employment opportunities to further develop my career. I have enjoyed working with this company and have had many opportunities to develop my customer service and collections skills. This company provides many opportunities for advancement into management and values good employees. The hardest part of the job has been the attention to detail in making sure all calls are compliant with federal and state laws. The easiest part of this job was working with debtors to obtain payments in order to exceed company standards in monthly goals.
A place with a lot of potential...
Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
FAMS thus far has been a very influential place for me because it helped me realize the inner workings of student loans & it helped me gain a better sense of responsibility behind the current one I have. Beyond that, the job itself allowed me to finish school & there's not any form of micromanagement. That being said, the hardest part of the job is being given multiple complex job duties without proper training & a completely senseless policy of covering yourself instead of owning up what you did. As such, this generates bigger problems to those individuals who have not been properly trained on their job & in a way it creates a vicious cycle in which people constantly play hot potato with lots of problems that refuse to be addressed or have been lingering needlessly. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that there never really was a dull moment & that there is so much information to learn. Other than that, I find it a real shame that the company lacks an over all sense of unity by making collecting money a bigger priority than doing the job right or training people in the proper way to do it.
company that actually cares about employees
collection specialist (Current Employee), st. charles, moDecember 3, 2014
Pros: money, being appreciated and respected, fun atmosphere
Cons: you don't work here
thankful to work for a company that actually cares about us you will not find a better place to work most managers are helpful and friendly and mike and erin who run the office are the best leaders
N/A
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee), Sharonville, OHOctober 21, 2014
Managed a portfolio of 150 clients to assist with defaulted student loans.
Benjamin Smith Review
Telcom Support Administrator (Current Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: working with new technology.
Cons: demanding industry.
1. Responsibilities included developing a detailed design, creating implementation and test plans and executing deployment.
Also responsible for developing and performing training for both End users and System Administrators for Cisco Unified Contact Center Systems.Experienced in new Cisco Unified Contact Center Products (UCCE and UCCX) deployments as well as upgrades.
Involved extensively in customer Business Requirement.
Developed Call flow design, development, configure/Script Management.

2. Everyday there is something different with working with Call Manager. From pulling call reports to making sure recording is setup.

3. Management within the company is knowledgeable and demanding with the phone system. In order to remain competitive, the phone system must be able to operate to meet the need of the client.s

4. We have a team environment in the department.

5. The toughest part is continue to work hard to meet the need of the company. Change happens daily.

6. Everyday I learn something new.
payroll
Collector Specialist (Former Employee), Tucker, GASeptember 28, 2014
great small company..learned to manage the opportunity to different office skills at hand.Great place to go in to work each day.
do not work here
Student loan counselor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioAugust 14, 2014
Worst place I ever worked don't count on this being a good career move
stressful and not a motivating place to work
Student Loan Collector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2014
What I learned, being a student loan collector is not my forte.
need managers with collection experience!
former employee (Former Employee), tucker,gaJune 23, 2014
Pros: good work schedule
Cons: management all about themselves and show alot of favoritism.
Certain managers show obvious favoritism and create a hostile environment
Don't do it
collector (Former Employee), cincinnatiMay 14, 2014
Cons: everything
The most depressing place to work in America..trust me on that
Work Day
Loan Counselor (Former Employee), St. Charles, MOMay 9, 2014
Pros: great place to worl, great bonus opportunities
*Answer any incoming calls
*Make outgoing calls to homes, jobs and family
*Follow all federal and state laws
Horrible place to work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOApril 17, 2014
Management are all for themselves and do not care about anything but finances.
This job was not ok
3rd party Collection Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2014
Its all about who you are at this job, If you were a favorite than you got the best accts, but if not you got what ever there was to get
NOT A BAD COMAPNY TO WORK FOR
Georgia State Tax Collector (Former Employee), Tucker, GANovember 26, 2013
Pros: laid back but proffessional
Cons: raerly hires from within
They are not a bad company to work for. I enjoyed my time there.
Great company to work for-drive was just too far
Collector (Former Employee), Sharonville, OHNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good benefits package, helpful upbeat management staff, great hourly wage
Cons: nothing-they are a new company and getting everyhting adjusted
I started at FAMS in their second training class. I would still be there today if the drive wasn't too far, not to mention all of the traffic. The company really goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and show you that they appreciate you. They do prize raffles every month and give out tvs, wiis, I-pods, you name it, and also provide luch for everyone in the office sometimes, heck they even grilled out for the employees over the summer. I was making a good hourly wage too, more than I was making at my last collections job. I think they are on the right track to being a successful company and if the location where I live changes, you better believe I will re-apply.
You get out what you put into the job!
usaf collector (Former Employee), st. charles, moNovember 18, 2013
Pros: money money money
Cons: nothing so far
I transitioned into collections from sales (mortgages). FAMS is a great company. The bonuses and incentives are endless for anyone who is competitive and money driven.
growing company with alot of opportunity
Student Loan collector (Current Employee), Sharonville, OH 45246November 18, 2013
Pros: a great company who treats everyone fair and consistently
Cons: negativity of some of the employees, but if you just ignore it you can be successful inspite of thier efforts to distract you
i currently work in the new ohio office. like any new operation (this location opened in march 2013), we have experienced some growing pains, but overall it's a great job with alot of opportunities. i look forward to continuing my development as a collector, and am lucky to work in an office where the management staff really cares about thier employees and making them successful. i had prior collection experience at what is now one of our competitors (ACT), and after seeing how top ranked agency (FAMS) is run, i would never want to go back there!!
Poor mgt
collector (Former Employee), shsronville ohioNovember 12, 2013
Cons: poor mgt
Poor mgt, HR does not return calls. They really don't want experience collectors.
Torture
Student Loan Collector (Former Employee), Sharonville, OHOctober 12, 2013
Cons: read review
Looks like I have the pleasure of being the 1st to review the Cincinnati location. Hopefully this reaches any future and current employees. As a collector, your goal is to make contact with debtors. You can easily go 1 day, 2 days or possibly a week without making contact with anyone. The term "torture" has a few different facets. One being the actual job itself, the office location, the compensation but most of all the management staff. The supervisors try but lack the experience to be remotely successful. The biggest problem is the person running the entire office. Unfortunately he has absolutely no clue what he is doing and will be the cause of the eventual downfall of this location. He can only strive to have the expertise of the MO head honcho but sadly will never achieve such status. To sum up, do not be part of the cattle call and run away as fast as you can. I heard from former employees that left & went to a similar company in town(ACT) that you can actually earn a bonus check there. So good luck to all and be very careful!!!
Not what I expected
Collections (Former Employee), St Charles MoOctober 1, 2013
Pros: lunch time
Cons: low wages
I was told during my interview that my salary would be 20 to 30% above my current salary of 34k per year, when the hr dept called me back to offer me the job, I was told I would start at 11/per hour, shocked, I was then told that if you hit bonus each month then you have the potential to earn extra each month. The desk for employees are super close together like no privacy whatsoever and it's honestly pretty grimy, would not recommend unless you are desperate for a job.

Financial Asset Management Systems Salaries