Financial Asset Management Systems

Financial Asset Management Systems Employee Reviews

Job Review
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Financial Asset Management Systems ..could actually be a great place to work without the drama that follows. There are times when managers are not available to guide you to a successful tenure with the company. That makes for a not so cohesive group. Employees are not confident in their position. There is a lot of favoritism with the collectors, not being supportive of the newcomers on the collection floor.
Coworkers were great
Collections (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Was enthusiastic going into this job. Training was at a minimum. You are told that you will be given additional training once on the desk. Not true, had to ask peers and or figure it out on your own. Employed for a short period of time and then let go due to not enough work.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Hired/fired short period of time, Upper mgmt approach when addressing employees
Overall a good job
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 8, 2016
I really like the actual job, my co-workers and management. the culture is made up of mostly competition and extroverts, but if it fits your personality you will do well here. I've already made a bonus check in the short time I've been here, so that's definitely a benefit since the holidays are coming up.

Don't expect much from the HR department. The representation in St. Charles especially is the worst. If you have a problem with your personal medical information being talked about with all other employees, or having HR talk to you about their love-life and asking you extremely inappropriate questions, I would suggest avoiding any contact with her all together.
Pros
Good training, managers who care, leadership that is consistent
Cons
the HR department
very serious place
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOOctober 10, 2016
The pay is good. There is a bonus incentive in place for those who want to make a little more money for the month. you must hit you monthly quota to get it.
Pros
bonus, pay
Cons
no grace period, when late they blow a bull horn in your ear.
Closed
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2016
Enjoyed the position because of my co-workers. After working there for almost 2 years it shut down. I was disappointed that management did not let the employees know that the doors would be shut until one week before it happened. It gave nobody time to look for another job. Management was poor.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
3rd Party Collector (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 24, 2016
I was productive employee for FAMS but realized the direction they were going in was not the direction I was going in and I decided to leave the company. I can not say I would recommend them.
Dependable place to work
Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 10, 2015
Fun place to work with ample opportunity to grow and advance..
Always encouraged to set high daily standards. Management compassionate about responsibilities.
Pros
Employee Appreciation incentives
Cons
Short lunches, high healthcare
Fair and Decent organization that put customer privacy and needs first
Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 8, 2015
Friendly work environment with an open door policy. Weekly training and compliance classes were conducted to ensure all employees were up to date with government policies and procedures. FAMS is a great company to work for but there just isn't any room for growth.
Great job, nice place.
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2015
Nice building. Nice people. Obtainable budgets. Management fun. Co- workers nice. Hard to find. Enjoyable company. Longevity in company. Friendly faces.
was a fun place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed working there before the Oregon business was shut down. loved the people I worked with and and the way we all worked together
I worked as a Loan Rehab Specialist
Loan Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucker, Georgia.September 2, 2015
Work within Government Services under Dept. of Education contract.
-Handle both company and Titanium (DOE) systems and monitors.
-Rehab students in default on their student loans back to good standing under the dept. of Education.
-Handle excels spreadsheets to calculate production reports for the company’s employees.
-Have received thorough clearance with the government for this position.
-Handle company audits, garnishment reviews, etc.
Pros
Bonuses
Nice work environment
Collection Specialist/Private Credit (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 27, 2015
Great schedule, great work environment, Loved my co workers and supervisor and the work itself was exactly what I was trained for
Pros
Schedule
Was a good company until I got laid off
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJuly 8, 2015
FAMS is a good company to work for good benefits but then came the layoff. Put me in a bad position, and wasn't given any notice or severance for doing the job.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
only experience employees get the good accounts
Great inside office work enviorment
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 18, 2015
I collected past due accounts for Bank of America. Used multiple ways of skip tracing. I enjoyed everything about the job and management and co-workers. The only downfalls were the difficulty of getting the debtor to speak to me and the quota.
Positive
Bilingual Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GeorgiaApril 18, 2015
I am still currently employed at Financial Asset Management Systems and am looking for new employment opportunities to further develop my career. I have enjoyed working with this company and have had many opportunities to develop my customer service and collections skills. This company provides many opportunities for advancement into management and values good employees. The hardest part of the job has been the attention to detail in making sure all calls are compliant with federal and state laws. The easiest part of this job was working with debtors to obtain payments in order to exceed company standards in monthly goals.
A place with a lot of potential...
Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
FAMS thus far has been a very influential place for me because it helped me realize the inner workings of student loans & it helped me gain a better sense of responsibility behind the current one I have. Beyond that, the job itself allowed me to finish school & there's not any form of micromanagement. That being said, the hardest part of the job is being given multiple complex job duties without proper training & a completely senseless policy of covering yourself instead of owning up what you did. As such, this generates bigger problems to those individuals who have not been properly trained on their job & in a way it creates a vicious cycle in which people constantly play hot potato with lots of problems that refuse to be addressed or have been lingering needlessly. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that there never really was a dull moment & that there is so much information to learn. Other than that, I find it a real shame that the company lacks an over all sense of unity by making collecting money a bigger priority than doing the job right or training people in the proper way to do it.
company that actually cares about employees
collection specialist (Current Employee) –  st. charles, moDecember 3, 2014
thankful to work for a company that actually cares about us you will not find a better place to work most managers are helpful and friendly and mike and erin who run the office are the best leaders
Pros
money, being appreciated and respected, fun atmosphere
Cons
you don't work here
N/a
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHOctober 21, 2014
Managed a portfolio of 150 clients to assist with defaulted student loans.
Benjamin Smith Review
Telcom Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 7, 2014
1. Responsibilities included developing a detailed design, creating implementation and test plans and executing deployment.
Also responsible for developing and performing training for both End users and System Administrators for Cisco Unified Contact Center Systems.Experienced in new Cisco Unified Contact Center Products (UCCE and UCCX) deployments as well as upgrades.
Involved extensively in customer Business Requirement.
Developed Call flow design, development, configure/Script Management.

2. Everyday there is something different with working with Call Manager. From pulling call reports to making sure recording is setup.

3. Management within the company is knowledgeable and demanding with the phone system. In order to remain competitive, the phone system must be able to operate to meet the need of the client.s

4. We have a team environment in the department.

5. The toughest part is continue to work hard to meet the need of the company. Change happens daily.

6. Everyday I learn something new.
Pros
Working with new technology.
Cons
Demanding industry.
payroll
Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 28, 2014
great small company..learned to manage the opportunity to different office skills at hand.Great place to go in to work each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Financial Asset Management Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Financial Asset Management Systems Reviews by Location