FINANCIAL GROUP Employee Reviews in United States

Busy but satisfactory
Principal (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 23, 2015
I learned a lot at PFG while working in their smaller location. I learned about MSDRG and groupers. I learned about and understood all the terminology that surrounds insurance processing and benefits such as co-pay, co-insurance, incidental, usual and customary, and so forth. It was nice to understand the insurance aspect having come from the coding and billing world.
Best Opportunity I ever had!
Principal (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
I started with this company at an entry level claim examiner position. Over the course of the next 12 years I held numerous positions, all promotions and excellent career skill building. All employees were afforded education and development opportunities. A diverse culture thrived. This company knew how to it right!
Pros
Excellent benefits and fair salary reviews
productive place to work for
Principal (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 28, 2015
Awesome place to work it is a great place to work the great work culture nothing to complain about nice feeling to work with
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
Principal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
Getting better at product knowledge, making 75 to 100 calls a day, managing our time more efficiently

Management was great, one of the best in my experience

A lot of fun and exciting people

Hardest part or the most challenging part of the job it and making sure they do not cancel afterwards due to non-payment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was enrolling our clients into buying a non-tangible products and create a need for having a life insurance policy or start a college funding, an IRA,
Pros
Acknowleding the top producers, or rookie's
Cons
no salary
Great Employer!!
Loan Collector (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working at City National Bank. They gave me my first job out of college which help me grow as a new pup in the professional world. The people there are great from the janitors to the Bank President! My only reason for leaving was due to relocation.
Fast paced environment
Principal (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEApril 29, 2015
The best part of my day was that I had my own cubicle. Since my job was data entry then I could have a head set on and listen to music. It was a pretty flexible company. The hardest part of the job was that we had to sit for long periods of time.
Pros
healthcare, benefits
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time. Only receiving a 30 min. lunch and no breaks.
Great culture and fun workplace
Sr. Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJApril 27, 2015
Great workplace, had a synergy culture, always creating comfortable environment for staff, this was a stress free workplace.
Pros
involved the staff at large in parts of the decision making, felt like a family
Cons
non
Life at Principal
Client Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 22, 2015
It is mostly the same thing everyday. My job is to insure that the standards that were set by my company are executed. All assets and liquidations need to be in trading status and processed correctly for quality assurances by 4 pm everyday. This should be a focus before anything else. I have one large client that I deal with alone with backup if needed. Day in and day out is the same routine with occasional special projects.
Pros
Job sercurity, healthcare, benefits
Cons
Pay, No growth, Management
fun place to work
PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 9, 2015
Assisting field service reps to large company facilities for application process. Coaching new sales agents on process of applications, assistant to office manager with creating new large group in office
Pros
free lunches free time off
Cons
A challenged, but good place to work
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 9, 2015
PFG is very challenging. Development Plan is required for IT to set goals for each year in order to get knowledge updated and performance improvement.
Retirement Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 26, 2015
Principal Financial Group is a great work environment, and they have many benefits as well as career opportunities to offer. They offer good training programs as well. I did not enjoy the work I did so it made the job tedious. My supervisors seemed to want more quantity rather than quality. Overall I would rate this a good company to work for.
Pros
good benefits especially their retirement plans
Cons
entry level wages were low for the industry
Enjoyed my time with Principal
Loan Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 12, 2015
It was along time ago I enjoyed my time there but left for a job closer to home and more money. The mortgage part of the company no longer exists.
Pros
discounded lunches, free parking
Cons
cafeteria was so far away
Looking for simular positions pertaining to my current experience
Principal (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, New JerseyJanuary 25, 2015
Group Sales Assistant with background in the Insurance industry. Additional background in accounts payable and accounts receivable. Strengths include processing quote calculations and supporting sales professionals. Extensive experience processing invoices. Consistently recognized for sense of urgency in meeting deadlines, prioritizing workload, displaying a positive attitude and being a team player.
Good Company
Principal (Current Employee) –  Registered RepresentativeAugust 24, 2014
A typical day at this company involves soliciting and persuading small to medium sized businesses along with individuals to invest in 401-k plans, group benefits, 529 plans, variable life and variable annuities. I have learned that all people have life stories. What we have to do as advisers is ask the right questions so that we will know how to best help them. The management team is hands off, allowing us to set our own schedule. My co-workers are very supportive and we work on projects together.
Pros
satisfing the needs of clients
Cons
only having a guarenteed salary for four months.
Reputable company with a good training program
Pension Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 8, 2014
A good place to work -- employees are promoted from within the company
Principal Financial Group Sourcing & Supplier Management
Contract Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IowaMay 20, 2014
Principal is a great place to work with great and talented people. High emphasis on productivity and professionalism. Very flexible work hours and management adapts to the team members' schedule needs. Also a Wellness Center with fitness classes and nutritional advise at no cost to employees. The best part of my job is assisting our business partners in locating and / or interpreting contract terms and information, providing the most accurate information possible to help them decide whether to renew or terminate a contract.
The most difficult concept to accept about my job is that it is not valued as it should be because it is not high-profile.
Good Company to work for
Principal (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2014
Prepared new cases for underwriting. Ran non-medical quotes and prepared in a presentation format. Communicated with
underwriters to obtain approval for new policies. Acted as a liaison between the underwriters and the brokers.
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 6, 2014
Days are typically long but do have flexibility. Management and co-workers made for a great atmosphere. I learned how to relate with clients on a personal level and explain tools that could be beneficial to them. The hardest part of the job is having enough clients to see. But the most enjoyable part is knowing that your clients are better off having met with you.
Great company with solid core values
Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 10, 2014
I have mostly enjoyed my time with Principal Financial Group. They're a strong company with solid mid-western values. Being a large organization they can often struggle with change management and under-performers are tolerated more than they should. Overall, a great company to work for.
Okay
Principal (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 7, 2014
It was a nice place to work at until promises that where made didn't actually happen. Moving up isn't possible.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
no benefits