FINANCIAL GROUP Employee Reviews

This company does not seem to care about its employees, and it is a very stressful place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 7, 2017
Typical day of work involved: Answering customer calls and trying to resolve their issues with their electric bills and service. This company handles collections: taking payments, and trying to resolve customer issues
Very stressful work environment; dealing with customers who can be very rude and angry.
The only enjoyable part of this job was the friends I made while working there. The hardest part of the job was low pay and customers calling and yelling, cursing you, and taking their circumstances out on you.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, Costly benefits package, low salary, no advancement opportunities, high turnover rate, poor management
a Large company
PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 27, 2017
I started as a contractor to higher. Became an employee. However, my skills were not utilized. Company management structure was not stable. Movement from task to task, manager to manager did not promote growth of product knowledge nor skill set growth.
Pros
A large company
Cons
Management philosophy did not promote stability and career growth
Good Company to work for
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 21, 2017
PFG is a good company to work for. They can be willing to work with with what your life gives you.
They are big enough that there is always something new you can try
PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 7, 2017
Principal Financial; Group is a great, fun place to work. Employees have high tenure, industry professionals, can learn a lot from industry veterans. Principal Financial Group is big on training their employees. You will get a lot of it! They are a company that is ethical with their customers and they stand behind the products that they sell. I would love to work here again.
Pros
Fun employee culture
fun people to work with
Principal (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 2, 2017
always a new task coming your way, Dental claims was a great place to work and have a great responsibilities daily to attend to. Cons to working there I can't really think of any at this time. Great career moves happen daily within.
Pros
great people
Cons
a lot of walking to get to your desk
Productive and fun workplace
Principal (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2017
Good working experience,healthy environment ,work-life balanced,superb work-culture,Growth chances maximum,got huge oppurtunites to polish my IT skills here
Very supportive
Sales Associate, Western and Southern (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Western and Southern provided excellent training and management follow up. It was very difficult to gain more business, as I had no one in the need for insurance services. There were not enough cold call leads to generate more business. The book of business that I had were old policies, where the insured had health issues that they could not maintain the level of insurance that they needed.
Pros
Cons
Commission only, no leads
Great employee benefits team
Principal (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 29, 2016
Management team created a positive work environment, encouraging collaboration with co-workers and provided training to keep employees on the cutting edge.
Special Treatment
Principal (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 5, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Principal but there are a number of employees that receive treatment that others do not. They believe that some privileges only belong to the ones that have been there long enough to deserve them.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Very conservaive
The Principal Financial Group is a great investment company to work for.
Assistant Director Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAuMarch 8, 2016
The Principal Financial Group offered me the opportunity to work closely with the senior management team who valued my professional opinion. While working on the Capital Markets team we focused on mergers and acquisitions as well as capital funding. There was never a typical day in our area, which many times brought on new projects withing a moments notice and often required quick turnaround. You had to be a self starter and be willing to put your professional judgment to the test. Principal has outstanding people to work with.
Busy but satisfactory
Principal (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 23, 2015
I learned a lot at PFG while working in their smaller location. I learned about MSDRG and groupers. I learned about and understood all the terminology that surrounds insurance processing and benefits such as co-pay, co-insurance, incidental, usual and customary, and so forth. It was nice to understand the insurance aspect having come from the coding and billing world.
Best Opportunity I ever had!
Principal (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
I started with this company at an entry level claim examiner position. Over the course of the next 12 years I held numerous positions, all promotions and excellent career skill building. All employees were afforded education and development opportunities. A diverse culture thrived. This company knew how to it right!
Pros
Excellent benefits and fair salary reviews
productive place to work for
Principal (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 28, 2015
Awesome place to work it is a great place to work the great work culture nothing to complain about nice feeling to work with
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
Principal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
Getting better at product knowledge, making 75 to 100 calls a day, managing our time more efficiently

Management was great, one of the best in my experience

A lot of fun and exciting people

Hardest part or the most challenging part of the job it and making sure they do not cancel afterwards due to non-payment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was enrolling our clients into buying a non-tangible products and create a need for having a life insurance policy or start a college funding, an IRA,
Pros
Acknowleding the top producers, or rookie's
Cons
no salary
Great Employer!!
Loan Collector (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working at City National Bank. They gave me my first job out of college which help me grow as a new pup in the professional world. The people there are great from the janitors to the Bank President! My only reason for leaving was due to relocation.
Fast paced environment
Principal (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEApril 29, 2015
The best part of my day was that I had my own cubicle. Since my job was data entry then I could have a head set on and listen to music. It was a pretty flexible company. The hardest part of the job was that we had to sit for long periods of time.
Pros
healthcare, benefits
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time. Only receiving a 30 min. lunch and no breaks.
Great culture and fun workplace
Sr. Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJApril 27, 2015
Great workplace, had a synergy culture, always creating comfortable environment for staff, this was a stress free workplace.
Pros
involved the staff at large in parts of the decision making, felt like a family
Cons
non
Life at Principal
Client Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 22, 2015
It is mostly the same thing everyday. My job is to insure that the standards that were set by my company are executed. All assets and liquidations need to be in trading status and processed correctly for quality assurances by 4 pm everyday. This should be a focus before anything else. I have one large client that I deal with alone with backup if needed. Day in and day out is the same routine with occasional special projects.
Pros
Job sercurity, healthcare, benefits
Cons
Pay, No growth, Management
fun place to work
PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 9, 2015
Assisting field service reps to large company facilities for application process. Coaching new sales agents on process of applications, assistant to office manager with creating new large group in office
Pros
free lunches free time off
Cons
A challenged, but good place to work
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 9, 2015
PFG is very challenging. Development Plan is required for IT to set goals for each year in order to get knowledge updated and performance improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FINANCIAL GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2