FINANCIAL GROUP

FINANCIAL GROUP Employer Reviews

Reputable company with a good training program
Pension Services Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 8, 2014
A good place to work -- employees are promoted from within the company
Principal Financial Group Sourcing & Supplier Management
Contract Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Des Moines, IowaMay 20, 2014
Principal is a great place to work with great and talented people. High emphasis on productivity and professionalism. Very flexible work hours and management adapts to the team members' schedule needs. Also a Wellness Center with fitness classes and nutritional advise at no cost to employees. The best part of my job is assisting our business partners – more... in locating and / or interpreting contract terms and information, providing the most accurate information possible to help them decide whether to renew or terminate a contract.
The most difficult concept to accept about my job is that it is not valued as it should be because it is not high-profile. – less
Good Company to work for
Principal (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2014
Prepared new cases for underwriting. Ran non-medical quotes and prepared in a presentation format. Communicated with
underwriters to obtain approval for new policies. Acted as a liaison between the underwriters and the brokers.
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Registered Representative (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMay 6, 2014
Days are typically long but do have flexibility. Management and co-workers made for a great atmosphere. I learned how to relate with clients on a personal level and explain tools that could be beneficial to them. The hardest part of the job is having enough clients to see. But the most enjoyable part is knowing that your clients are better off having – more... met with you. – less
Great company with solid core values
Director (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 10, 2014
I have mostly enjoyed my time with Principal Financial Group. They're a strong company with solid mid-western values. Being a large organization they can often struggle with change management and under-performers are tolerated more than they should. Overall, a great company to work for.
Okay
Principal (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: no benefits
It was a nice place to work at until promises that where made didn't actually happen. Moving up isn't possible.
good company to work for
Principal Financial Group (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 16, 2013
very relaxed and great management very organized an cares about employees.
Manage retirement plans
PRINCIPAL (Current Employee), Mason City, IAOctober 15, 2013
The typical day is spent answering calls from employer and financial advisors about the complexitiy of retirement plan.
A good place for advancement and use of skills and talents
Network Liaison/Network Relation Coordinator (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: healthcare, free coffee mondays, onsite fitness facilities.
Cons: publically owned company
A typical day at the Financial Group included challenges that I was able to address with the tools necessary to get the job done. I learned to prioritize, to organize and to take on more challenges than I realized that I had the capacity for. It was a chance for me to grow and become more confident in my abilities. I worked in a team environment, however, – more... I was responsible for my own work flow. There was total autonomy and encouragement to try to work out issues on my own while still having good support. I had a seasoned group of co-workers that functioned very well as a team. Brainstorming and collective decision making were common place on a daily basis resulting in a very cohesive environment. The hardest part of my job was having frequent leadership changes that resulted in overall strategic direction of the business unit that also resulted in a culture change. The most enjoyable part of the job were the daily challenges that presented themselves and good leadership at the team level that made for a good work environment. – less
A Great Company
Senior Financial Group (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 11, 2013
SFG is a local company in Knoxville, TN. The focus of the company is to assist senior citizens and others on Medicare. The management is the best I have ever worked for, and my co-workers are a fun group
Fast paced work environment
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 28, 2013
I learned a lot about marketing and sales while working under the Vice President of Sales. There was a lot of travel involved, but that was something I really enjoyed. Working with clients everyday and helping create Wellness programs for their offices was very fulfilling. Management team was very helpful and truly interested in helping everyone succeed.
Fun and productive place to work.
PRINCIPAL (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: mandatory overtime throughout the year
My position is a supportive roll for client facing Customer Service Associates. The hardest part of my job is during busy season when we are putting in a lot of hours. the best part of my job is the people I work with.
Flexible Spending Accounts Team Lead
Principal Financial Group (Former Employee), W Des Moines, IAAugust 2, 2013
• Lead position with responsibility in training and mentoring team members. Reviewing, evaluating and processing claims. Responding to FSA claim telephone inquiries from internal and external customers. Internet/intranet projects responsibility for the team. Fast paced pressure environment. An understanding of insurance medical, dental terminology and – more... familiarity of IRS tax regulations and procedures. – less
Stable
Rating Analyst (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 23, 2013
Maintained an Excel program with which analyzed data for actuaries. Also ran reports utilizing this program.
PFG Health Division was a great department to work in.
IT Application Associate - Lead (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: flexibility was fantastic!
Cons: downtown des moines
I worked at Principal for 15.5 years. I worked in the Health Division. The people were great, the benefits were great, the flexibility was the best you could ask for and the pay was average for the industry. I am changing careers otherwise I would have looked for another position within the company.
Productive environment and great leadership
Principal Edge Network (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 10, 2013
Pros: supportive leadership/positive feedback of work done
Cons: the company exited the healthcare industry
This was a great environment to learn a new role and understand various roles in a start up company. The team was great to work with.
Good step in the right direction
Career Agent, Principal (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 6, 2013
Rock solid company in terms of products and services. Could be stronger with their training program and compensation packages. Good people to work with and support staff very solid.
call center enviroment with good training
Principal (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 25, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no negative feedback
this was a good place to work as the supervisors and management took the time to work with new hires. this was my first employment working with medical claims and it was a little difficult ,but the supervisors were willing to work with new hires to make their jobs easier. My co workers and trainers were wonderful
Very shortlive opportunity!
PRINCIPAL (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2013
Pros: benefits, people, passion at pfg
Cons: very difficult to get to des moines from tulsa
Great organization! I went to work with plans on this being my last gig; however in a very short period of time PFG's board of directors decided to exit the healthcare industry, so needless to say 1500+ people lost their jobs.
Excellent company to work for. Branch or satellite offices were small enough to feel you were part of a larger family.
Brokerage Assistant/Admin staff (Former Employee), Independence, OHMarch 25, 2013
Overall, my experience working with The Principal Financial Group was positive. They offered strong cross training opportunities which added a variety of work to your day. Enjoyed working at a branch that was not too large or corporate feeling.