FINANCIAL GROUP

FINANCIAL GROUP Employee Reviews

Great culture and fun workplace
Sr. Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJApril 27, 2015
Pros: involved the staff at large in parts of the decision making, felt like a family
Cons: non
Great workplace, had a synergy culture, always creating comfortable environment for staff, this was a stress free workplace.
Life at Principal
Client Transaction Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Job sercurity, healthcare, benefits
Cons: Pay, No growth, Management
It is mostly the same thing everyday. My job is to insure that the standards that were set by my company are executed. All assets and liquidations need to be in trading status and processed correctly for quality assurances by 4 pm everyday. This should be a focus before anything else. I have one large client that I deal with alone with backup if needed. Day in and day out is the same routine with occasional special projects.
fun place to work
PRINCIPAL (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches free time off
Cons: none
Assisting field service reps to large company facilities for application process. Coaching new sales agents on process of applications, assistant to office manager with creating new large group in office
A challenged, but good place to work
Application Analyst (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 9, 2015
PFG is very challenging. Development Plan is required for IT to set goals for each year in order to get knowledge updated and performance improvement.
Retirement Document Specialist (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits especially their retirement plans
Cons: entry level wages were low for the industry
Principal Financial Group is a great work environment, and they have many benefits as well as career opportunities to offer. They offer good training programs as well. I did not enjoy the work I did so it made the job tedious. My supervisors seemed to want more quantity rather than quality. Overall I would rate this a good company to work for.
Enjoyed my time with Principal
Loan Reviewer (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: discounded lunches, free parking
Cons: cafeteria was so far away
It was along time ago I enjoyed my time there but left for a job closer to home and more money. The mortgage part of the company no longer exists.
Looking for simular positions pertaining to my current experience
Principal (Former Employee), Parsippany, New JerseyJanuary 25, 2015
Group Sales Assistant with background in the Insurance industry. Additional background in accounts payable and accounts receivable. Strengths include processing quote calculations and supporting sales professionals. Extensive experience processing invoices. Consistently recognized for sense of urgency in meeting deadlines, prioritizing workload, displaying a positive attitude and being a team player.
Good Company
Principal (Current Employee), Registered RepresentativeAugust 24, 2014
Pros: satisfing the needs of clients
Cons: only having a guarenteed salary for four months.
A typical day at this company involves soliciting and persuading small to medium sized businesses along with individuals to invest in 401-k plans, group benefits, 529 plans, variable life and variable annuities. I have learned that all people have life stories. What we have to do as advisers is ask the right questions so that we will know how to best help them. The management team is hands off, allowing us to set our own schedule. My co-workers are very supportive and we work on projects together.
Reputable company with a good training program
Pension Services Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 8, 2014
A good place to work -- employees are promoted from within the company
Principal Financial Group Sourcing & Supplier Management
Contract Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Des Moines, IowaMay 20, 2014
Principal is a great place to work with great and talented people. High emphasis on productivity and professionalism. Very flexible work hours and management adapts to the team members' schedule needs. Also a Wellness Center with fitness classes and nutritional advise at no cost to employees. The best part of my job is assisting our business partners in locating and / or interpreting contract terms and information, providing the most accurate information possible to help them decide whether to renew or terminate a contract.
The most difficult concept to accept about my job is that it is not valued as it should be because it is not high-profile.
Good Company to work for
Principal (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2014
Prepared new cases for underwriting. Ran non-medical quotes and prepared in a presentation format. Communicated with
underwriters to obtain approval for new policies. Acted as a liaison between the underwriters and the brokers.
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Registered Representative (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMay 6, 2014
Days are typically long but do have flexibility. Management and co-workers made for a great atmosphere. I learned how to relate with clients on a personal level and explain tools that could be beneficial to them. The hardest part of the job is having enough clients to see. But the most enjoyable part is knowing that your clients are better off having met with you.
Great company with solid core values
Director (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 10, 2014
I have mostly enjoyed my time with Principal Financial Group. They're a strong company with solid mid-western values. Being a large organization they can often struggle with change management and under-performers are tolerated more than they should. Overall, a great company to work for.
Okay
Principal (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: no benefits
It was a nice place to work at until promises that where made didn't actually happen. Moving up isn't possible.
good company to work for
Principal Financial Group (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 16, 2013
very relaxed and great management very organized an cares about employees.
Manage retirement plans
PRINCIPAL (Current Employee), Mason City, IAOctober 15, 2013
The typical day is spent answering calls from employer and financial advisors about the complexitiy of retirement plan.
A good place for advancement and use of skills and talents
Network Liaison/Network Relation Coordinator (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: healthcare, free coffee mondays, onsite fitness facilities.
Cons: publically owned company
A typical day at the Financial Group included challenges that I was able to address with the tools necessary to get the job done. I learned to prioritize, to organize and to take on more challenges than I realized that I had the capacity for. It was a chance for me to grow and become more confident in my abilities. I worked in a team environment, however, I was responsible for my own work flow. There was total autonomy and encouragement to try to work out issues on my own while still having good support. I had a seasoned group of co-workers that functioned very well as a team. Brainstorming and collective decision making were common place on a daily basis resulting in a very cohesive environment. The hardest part of my job was having frequent leadership changes that resulted in overall strategic direction of the business unit that also resulted in a culture change. The most enjoyable part of the job were the daily challenges that presented themselves and good leadership at the team level that made for a good work environment.
A Great Company
Senior Financial Group (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 11, 2013
SFG is a local company in Knoxville, TN. The focus of the company is to assist senior citizens and others on Medicare. The management is the best I have ever worked for, and my co-workers are a fun group
Fast paced work environment
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 28, 2013
I learned a lot about marketing and sales while working under the Vice President of Sales. There was a lot of travel involved, but that was something I really enjoyed. Working with clients everyday and helping create Wellness programs for their offices was very fulfilling. Management team was very helpful and truly interested in helping everyone succeed.
Fun and productive place to work.
PRINCIPAL (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: mandatory overtime throughout the year
My position is a supportive roll for client facing Customer Service Associates. The hardest part of my job is during busy season when we are putting in a lot of hours. the best part of my job is the people I work with.

FINANCIAL GROUP Salaries