Financial Health Strategies Employee Reviews in United States

Great company and people
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 26, 2016
Financial Health Strategies was an awesome company to work for. They paid what you are worth and great benefits! They treated their employees with respect. They are a contract company that is based in another state so we were trusted to do our work without them looking over our shoulder. It was the best company I have ever worked for.
OK Company
Medicaid Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Company growing and with growing comes growing pains. Enjoy the freedom to work without micro-management. Learned to work the system from all stages. Co-worker is awesome. Hardest part of the job is quiting once you get started. Lots of work!!! :)
Pros
Fully electronic system, reporting
Cons
No one to consult with when issues arrive.
Financial Health Strategies
Medical Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20878May 3, 2016
Not a good workplace. Very disorganized, management changed three times within the time I was there, some people worked hard, some people barely worked at all. No training.
Na
CLAIMS VERIFICATION (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 27, 2016
Would not recommend this place to work if you are looking for advancement. The place is all about who you no and none of what you do everyone is related or have been friends with each other since middle school. It actually feels like a high school environment
Very nice people to work with.
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 10, 2016
Love my co workers job is located in Gaithersburg, MD and the commute is perfect from where I live. There's not much more that I can say.
No job security at all
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 8, 2014
If u are looking for a job where u think u will b there 10 or 20 years forget it this ain't it. This job has a high turnover rate i worked in the call ctr which is divided into teams on my team i was there for less than 30 days and 3 people were fired on my team. U have a Call Center Director who Micromanages everything and if u make an error on a call most likely she will fire u she's very cold. Also i have to say the training is very subpar. Everything i learned i learned on the floor from the people around me. I would not recommend this second rate company to my worst enemy
Pros
helpful coworkers
Cons
very high turnover rate
Loved this company!
financial counselor /'Medicaid spec (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe OHMay 3, 2014
I absolutely loved my short time with FHS-I worked a medicaid contract in OH-personal priorities took me out of the area-or I would have never resigned! Loved the management, HR, and the wonderful opportunities-
I have been in the contract hospital revenue cycle for many years, and have worked under various vendors. Until you experience some of the competitors, you will never be able to appreciate this group!
Only cons were the back-biting locals that presented as informed and professional to management, but were rude, uneducated, and backstabbing!
Pros
flexibility, great pay, wonderful top level managemt
Cons
catty, low life, bottom feeders trying to pull others from the ladder!
Large Company
Medicaid Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day requires I review accounts for underpayments, credits on accounts, contacting insurance companies, filing appeals, and requesting payment takebacks.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
small department
Warning!!! Don't work here!
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 18, 2013
The job sucks BIG TIME! The company does not appreciate the employees at all. No one stays with the company long. If you do decide to quit. DONT GIVE A 2 wk NOTICE!! I was a very dedicated employee and when I got another job, I put in my 2 wk notice. That day, they came to my desk at the end of the day and told me I "wasn't needed" and that day was my last day. The way they did it was so rude. And the HR manager was very smirky about it. So if you want to quit, just walk out. Don't give a notice because they will fire you that day. It does not pay to be nice to them. During my time there, I have seen them treat the employees so awful. Talk down and degrade them.
What goes around comes around...
Karma is a b----!
Pros
location
Cons
poorly run, bad working environment
A very family oriented environment
Sr Medicaid Follow Up Biller (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 11, 2012
A typical day is very fast paced whereby time management skills come into play to accomplish your work load. How to become respectful of people with different cultures. My colleagues are very approchable & friendly individuals that are team players. Giving constructive critcism or reprimanded individuals. I most enjoy giving my colleagues praises for acheiving a goal.
Pros
learning new concepts of hospital billing
I have been with the company for 6 months, I am not sure about how I feel about the company yet, the training was not very good.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MdJune 23, 2012
My typical day at FHS-I work the general work flow in QUADAX&MEDITECH which include working errors and release to system,do mailing for statements that can not go out electronically and then work rejected claims or verify insurance. I am new as a medical biller and I have alot to learn.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
the company is new, hard to get supplies etc.
Financial Advocate/Medicaid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CTFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be working in St Mary Hospital in the ER dept. try to help and assist pt to apply for Medicaid, or applying for sliding Scales, and for illegal emigrant Emergency Medicaid.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun Place to Worl
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company everyone was friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of my job was working with patients
A little stressful
Financial Counselor (FMHContract) (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 10, 2013
The job tends to be very slow in the morning, pick up later depending of the number of patients. A little stressful.
Pros
schedule... many days in row off
Cons
schedule ... many days in row working
Great environment to work
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work can both stressful and accomplishing. I have learned Medical billing is ever changing, but a stable work field with the right company.
great place
Insurance VErifiction Specialist/ CSR (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 3, 2014
the pay is good but they love to micromanage but other wise good. ive learned a lot while working here.
Pros
good pay
Cons
micro managment
Fun place
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 1, 2014
Handled medical claims and processed refunds learned a lot while working here
Pros
good company
Cons
micro management
not a great place to work
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 25, 2014
stressful work enviornment, everyone isn't treated fairly, and company was bought out
Great working enviroment
Medical Collection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 31, 2012
Working enviroment great, managers treat you with respect, fast paced,
Productive Environment
Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 18, 2013
A productive environment with opportunities for advancement.