Financial Management Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work learn some new everyday
Default Resolution Specialis (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Providing results for students in resolving their repayment issues.
Document and communicate any findings
Making out bound calls to borrowers in default with their student loans
Pros
uncap bonus
Cons
have to work two late days
Enormously challenging and rewarding
Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 21, 2015
Many ongoing business deals and acquisitions, constantly involved in reviewing financial and business performance across 20 dealerships.
Pros
Responsibility
Cons
120 mile per day commute (3-4 hours)
Company works hard to provide quality services
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Glennallen, AKAugust 17, 2015
I learned a lot about corporate structure and what it takes to develop employees. The people I reported to were helpful and encouraging. The only downside was trying to cope with very cold temperatures in Alaska and being in a small community.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
keeping buses running in the cold
Mentally stimulating while utilizing my organizational skills
Budget Officer, Supervisory (Former Employee) –  Asan, GuamJuly 30, 2015
Fast pace operation tempo to support the financial needs with limited resources. The budget was created and adhered to during the fiscal year. Due to positions being one deep, supervisory challenges were faced when employees were out of the office for weeks at a time.
Pros
Excellent advancement
Cons
older DOS systems
Productive and learnt a lot
Peer Financial Leader (Former Employee) –  Claflin UniversityJune 17, 2015
I assisted students for financial aid and student loan. It was very enjoyable sharing your knowledge and give them required information about investment and interest rate.
Caring and supportive staff that cared for their clients
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2015
Typical day included reviewing incoming resumes and interviews, account management, reviewing corporate policy and procedure to ensure office staff compliance, reviewing pay raising, competitor inquiry and customer service and website upkeep
Pros
Continuing Education Opportunities, my staff
Cons
working 24+ more consecutive hours often
Great Work Environment, Productive, Great People
Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJune 1, 2015
Worked all the day on the computers and doing a lot of paper works. I learned many different things and my co-workers are amazing to work with.
Student Organization
Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KentuckyMay 20, 2015
Financial Management Association was not a job. It was a student organization that I joined. I joined the organization in order to improve my financial literacy and communication skills.
Dept. of Health and Human Services
ES (Current Employee) –  DetroitApril 27, 2015
Assistance Payments Worker for the State of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. A Great place to work and great co-workers
Financial club
Active member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2015
It taught me a lot about professionalism and finance. I learned to network and to present myself in a proper manner. I attended the meetings networked and socialized. We learned about how to jumpstart our careers.
Pros
Great club

Want to know more about Financial Management?

Ask a question
Financial Group
president (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 10, 2015
It was a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience. Gained many skills by organizing the group schedule, meetings and meeting minutes.
Pros
met with other top level company reps
Cons
short term position
fun company just dont get involved with drama
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  meridian mississippiDecember 27, 2013
This company was a great learning tool as to handle drama in the office and how to separate yourself from it.
Pros
learning
Cons
drama gossip
A good work ethic experence
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2013
A positive challenge working with female youths, ages 13 to 18 and a caring involved staff of 35.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
the facility was closed due to relocation
Objective
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GASeptember 11, 2013
Administrative Services and Financial Manager
Accomplished leader and manager, able to take charge and direct staff in stressful situations while maintaining composure; Effective communicator, skilled in working effectively with individuals of all organizational levels in courteous, tactful manner; Ability to analyze, learns, and implements complex rules and regulations and makes prompt decisions; Currently looking for a new direction and challenge, seeking to continue use of my professional background in a new area, excited about the challenges, possibilities and contributions to new organizations with the opportunity for advancing based on performance.
Fast Pace Environment
VP of Social Events (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxMay 25, 2013
A typical day was fast paced. Had to pay attention to detail and make sure you didn't type any numbers wrong or else you would be out of balanced. The faster you got done, the faster you were able to go home.
Productivity
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford ILApril 26, 2013
Assisting others, completed reports via computer, monitored representatives on phone to make sure no FDCPA regulation were violated, and proper customer services was given.
Hard working environment
Student Temporary Employment Program (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDFebruary 25, 2013
• General clerical duties include answering phones, sorting/prioritizing email, filing, photocopying, shredding, etc.
• Prepared and organized files for storage and archival based on records management policies.
• Created MS Powerpoint presentations as requested.
• Developed a tracking spreadsheet for blackberry serial and model numbers
• Removed SIM chips from blackberry’s and ensured they were disposed of based on FMS security policies
• Worked with facility and space blueprints; documenting personnel and position locations
• Assisted in office personnel special event planning
Interesting
Western Washington University Chapter Member (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 5, 2012
I analyzed the companys income statement and balance sheets to help determine whether this stock was over or under valued in my case studies class. It was interesting to see the companys goals and how well they had been doing despite what the market had them valued at.
productive and good place to work
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OklahomaJune 27, 2012
This job is one man deep. Research and track milliions of dollars in a weapon systems program. My supervisor is great and a very knowlegable person in the job and outside of it. My co-workers are very careing people and look out for one another. The hardest part of the jobs is when you have to research on money that you can't fine what happen to it, However simultaneousl,y it's the most enjoyable part of the job too.
Pros
great team of people to work with
Cons
a closed building, no windows
It truly is an amazing organization!
Vice President Membership (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlMay 14, 2012
I loved being a part of this international club. I met so many different people while traveling for the finance conferences in Chicago and New York. I enjoyed meeting new club members and telling them all about our club and what benefits we had to offer.

4.3