Finger Lakes Community College

Finger Lakes Community College Employer Reviews

A Great place to be working
Counseling Center Asst.\ Work Study (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYApril 25, 2014
I was a work study student at Community College of the Finger Lakes now called Finger Lakes Community College. My major was in Business Adminstration-Retail Mangement. The hours I worked in the Counciling center, now called something else. However when I was their as a student the counciling center was for job searches, college catalogs, and so on.

My – more... hours were worked around my class, and other things I did. The best part of the job was when you were able to help someone who came in. Other than that there was paper work in the form of stuffing envelopes for other departments, and answering a call once in a while not to must to stress about.

My hours were divided between early afternoons, and one day a week I covered the late shift from 5 pm until 11pm. The later in the evening it got the slower it got.

On those evenings I would work on homework take test offered by the counciling center so I knew the services they had available to all students, staff, general public { set by appointment} , and parents alike.

I would would choise to work in the counciling center it is not stress full even when busy, and everyone for the most part are very friendly. There was to other work study students who worked in the same area, but they covered days only. Grab this job if you can get it. Two thumbs up for the job. – less
I loved this job
Student Worker (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYJuly 27, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, great enviroment, loved every minute of my time there
Cons: not enough pay, don't hire non-students
My co-workers and management team were amazing. They worked with my schedule every day. The pay was awful, but I was given what I could be for my grants and loans. I wish I could have stayed on as a non-student worker.
Become familiar and well aquainted with new people.
Student Worker (Current Employee), Geneva, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch, holiday gift giving/recieving, exercise fits in the schedule
Cons: minimum hours allowed
A typical day at work is one where you learn new things about yourself and others as well. You could make a great impact on the lives of many, whether it be big or small, making a difference daily. Management is reasonable and allow you to expound your skills as well as learn new skills. You are given a second chance inspite of whatever feats you may – more... endure. The people i work with are genuine and we always put smiles on each other faces, especially hard times. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i made someone feel and allowed them to know, that through determination and will power anything could be conquered. I enjoy seeing the results when someone has worked hard and up to their expectations and not expect everything to be hard and not work up to it. – less
Work Study
Conservation Technician (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYAugust 30, 2012
Great atmosphere, great boss, and great co workers. We did tons of re building projects(trails, bridges, ect.). It was fun and engaging.
A great work environment
Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee), Canandaigua, NYMay 26, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: pay could be a little better.
I would recommend working for FLCC, to anyone interested in coaching. It is a great school for first time and experienced coaches. The school is behind and supports there sports to the fullest.
Great introduction job
Computer Help Desk (Former Employee), 3325 Marvin Sands Drive Canandaigua, NY 14424December 7, 2011
Pros: great to work around student schedules
Cons: not much to learn from the experience
The job I had at FLCC was just a student work study job, but it helped to set me up for other jobs down the line. The tasks that they had me accomplish were extremely mundane (password reset and filling paper in the printers). I did some trouble shooting myself. I would like to more troubleshooting with the student technicians.