Finger Lakes Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Great People, Great Work Environment
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day of work consists of me checking voicemail and transferring it to the correct mailbox in the system, followed by me going and checking the mail prior to handling the tasks that my supervisor sets out for me. I have learned a lot about the college through my time working here. We supply information on everything from the clubs and activities on campus to the bus schedule around town, to where to go to find answers to any miscellaneous question anyone has about the campus. I enjoy everyday a little bit more due to the amazing group of people I work with.
Great Community College
Professor (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMarch 28, 2016
FLCC is a great school nestled in the finger lakes of NYS. Faculty love teaching. Student / teacher interaction is great. Exceptional student advisement. FLCC is a great place for students to start their college education and a great place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Lab Aid at Computer/IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 2, 2015
I was a full time business administration major and worked a position as a part time student computer lab aid. At the time, I had greatly enjoyed the assortment of management and job specific responsibilities all from day one.
Good, job, Good school, Good people.
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 1, 2015
A learning centric environment, always offering new opportunities to network, learn and grow. Felt like home, and the people are wonderful. consistent schedule made balancing school and life easy and achievable.
Pros
cafe on site, learning centric enviornment
Cons
student postion only
Become familiar and well aquainted with new people.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work is one where you learn new things about yourself and others as well. You could make a great impact on the lives of many, whether it be big or small, making a difference daily. Management is reasonable and allow you to expound your skills as well as learn new skills. You are given a second chance inspite of whatever feats you may endure. The people i work with are genuine and we always put smiles on each other faces, especially hard times. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i made someone feel and allowed them to know, that through determination and will power anything could be conquered. I enjoy seeing the results when someone has worked hard and up to their expectations and not expect everything to be hard and not work up to it.
Pros
free lunch, holiday gift giving/recieving, exercise fits in the schedule
Cons
minimum hours allowed
Flcc
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 12, 2015
wonderful place to work and get an education most of coworkers would be there on time hardest part of the job when slow times occured but i still always found something to do
Pros
benefits friendliness
Cons
constantly standing and short breaks
Community college atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor: English (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 9, 2015
Finger Lakes Community College attracts a wide variety of students; the Department Chairs are fairly "hands off" when it comes to involvement with the day to day classroom environment.
Pros
Easy-going environment
Cons
Department chairs often play "favorites."
I loved this job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 27, 2013
My co-workers and management team were amazing. They worked with my schedule every day. The pay was awful, but I was given what I could be for my grants and loans. I wish I could have stayed on as a non-student worker.
Pros
great co-workers, great enviroment, loved every minute of my time there
Cons
not enough pay, don't hire non-students
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant of EHS (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Over all I have enjoyed my experience working for this company. I have learned a number of new areas that involve; office skills, organizational skills, and safety. I will miss all of the people I worked with. I found this job to be very time consuming, I learned to manage my time wisely and became a great success within my position. I enjoyed the fast past environment.
Great introduction job
Computer Help Desk (Former Employee) –  3325 Marvin Sands Drive Canandaigua, NY 14424December 7, 2011
The job I had at FLCC was just a student work study job, but it helped to set me up for other jobs down the line. The tasks that they had me accomplish were extremely mundane (password reset and filling paper in the printers). I did some trouble shooting myself. I would like to more troubleshooting with the student technicians.
Pros
great to work around student schedules
Cons
not much to learn from the experience

Want to know more about Finger Lakes Community College?

Ask a question
A Great place to be working
Counseling Center Asst.\ Work Study (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 25, 2014
I was a work study student at Community College of the Finger Lakes now called Finger Lakes Community College. My major was in Business Adminstration-Retail Mangement. The hours I worked in the Counciling center, now called something else. However when I was their as a student the counciling center was for job searches, college catalogs, and so on.

My hours were worked around my class, and other things I did. The best part of the job was when you were able to help someone who came in. Other than that there was paper work in the form of stuffing envelopes for other departments, and answering a call once in a while not to must to stress about.

My hours were divided between early afternoons, and one day a week I covered the late shift from 5 pm until 11pm. The later in the evening it got the slower it got.

On those evenings I would work on homework take test offered by the counciling center so I knew the services they had available to all students, staff, general public { set by appointment} , and parents alike.

I would would choise to work in the counciling center it is not stress full even when busy, and everyone for the most part are very friendly. There was to other work study students who worked in the same area, but they covered days only. Grab this job if you can get it. Two thumbs up for the job.
A great work environment
Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMay 26, 2012
I would recommend working for FLCC, to anyone interested in coaching. It is a great school for first time and experienced coaches. The school is behind and supports there sports to the fullest.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
pay could be a little better.
Work Study
Conservation Technician (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYAugust 30, 2012
Great atmosphere, great boss, and great co workers. We did tons of re building projects(trails, bridges, ect.). It was fun and engaging.

4.4