Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,181 reviews matching the search
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 30, 2016
Enjoyed the time I spent with this company and the people on the job. Cheerful and charismatic environment while working along side of my co-workers.
Pros
good all the way around
Cons
no cons
Did not enjoy my time here
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2016
very strict home office with a more strict DM. Vary high turnover with seasonal help. not much room for advancement within district. hope to see things work out in a different manner in years to come.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No breaks for managers, no feedback aepted by hme office, top down pyramid structure.
Sales associate with flexability
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 28, 2016
Helping people has always been a passion of mine and I love helping costumes find the right fit for their feet. My co-workers are always hard working and efferent and love the costumes as much as I do. Other than selling shoes we work hard as a team to up-sell products, keep our floor clean, put stock away, count inventory, and keep a smile on your faces!
Awesome
Sales Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNApril 27, 2016
I loved working here. the environment was friendly and the boss made it fun to be there.The business was slow based on location of the mall.
Fun!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2016
Fun place to work! Management is really cool. Could be more professional. Definitely enjoyed the discount and the pay was good. The work environment is is lax but still very professional.
Great company with promising growth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 26, 2016
customer service based company finishline understands the importance of building relationships and putting the customer first in everything we do
Great Place
Sales associate/Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 26, 2016
FUN JOB, I enjoyed working at finish line. Great experience for me. Would recommend for young adults and teens looking for work.
Fun place to work at but no advances
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 23, 2016
It's a fun place to start working at looking for a beginner job but after being there for a little while you realize that the company doesn't have their workers in the best interest. Hours are not offered as needed and even being an exemplary employee you still have to compete for hours. Co-workers are usually friendly and get along well.
Pros
Discount on sneakers
Cons
Low pay, Lack of available hours, management is shaky
Fun things at Finishline
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 19, 2016
The customers are the most enjoyable part of the job. Helping people and building new relationships is fun. I enjoy training people to help people.
great job with a nice work enviroment
Stand in one spot for an extended period of time (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2016
we come in start pre shift after pre shift we start processing shoes then packing chutes after that we clock out and go home. I have learned how to drive a forklift. My co workers are ok and there is no hard part of the job.
Job can be fun yet stressful once you get into management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 17, 2016
Loved the job for the most part.

If you're a family man or woman this isn't for you if management is what you're seeking.

They pay well, but they want all of your time and have no care for family.
Pros
pays well
Cons
always at work if you become a manager.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 15, 2016
For a first job or a job to get you through school it's not all too bad, you gain money handling experience as well as sales experience which is important when applying to other jobs in the future. If you are doing it for pay alone I would reconsider.
Fun and Energetic workplace
Sales Associate/Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 12, 2016
The job is super easy. The hardest part is learning the backstock which only takes about a week to have memorized. with this job you have to be a go getter because its a commison based job but it helps drive you to make sales
Productive Fun Place
assist the customer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2016
Fun, Positive Place, Great Place to work
I helped Customers with shoes and other materials
I learned how to deal with customers
Okay workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglaston, NYApril 11, 2016
a typical day at work is reviewing the fulfillment sheet to sent our items out to customers. Then i have to open the register and then my day begins. Customers come in and i have to sell them things that interest there taste.
At the end of getting a sneaker they are satisfied with i have to sell them an accessory.
The management is ok. Im pretty left to do things on my own. i get along with all my co- workers because some of us communicate to help each other out. The hardest days of my job is cleaning the stock room after other employees dont return sneakers to the right area. the most enjoyable part about my job is making the customers happy
Pros
the customers are amazing
Cons
mangement isnt that great so it creates conflict
Finish Line Warehouse first off
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2016
The warehouse so old. ppl walk around like they god the bosses suck especially the receiving and DC and the females are all thots AMD the dudes wanna be thugs. Its hot and the pay low its highschool all over again. Never working their again
Pros
Gym
Cons
Low pay, hot, bad mangement
Fast Paced and Ongoing Customer Service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYApril 6, 2016
Monitoring staff & team performance
Exceeding customer expectations by ensuring World Class Service
Acting on customer feedback
Providing strategic direction during the implementation stages
Escalating promptly any issues that may impact operations

The most enjoyable part of the job for me to learn more about the sneaker business and learn about the vast number of sneakers and how every sneaker compliments every customer differently.

The hardest part about the job was taking care of customers in Finishline fashion while at the same time abiding to Macys' way of selling and how they take care of customer issues.
Comfortable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 5, 2016
I felt welcomed by everyone when I worked there and I was happy to go to work. I learned a lot. It was a easy going store. It was an enjoyable place to be and the management was very understanding on considerate.
Finish Line
Manager for Southland Mall (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work is selling shoes to customers. Everyday I supervise the employees. Each day I have a different task that my team and I have to do, or finish. Mondays are usually for sending out damages and if received, we would have to finish shipment. Tuesdays are days where we make sure to dust and keep the place dust free. Wednesdays are days where an employee and I make sure we go around and make sure the prices of each shoe is correct or markdown prices. Thursdays I have to do cycle counts which is the same as inventory, but the company gives a couple shoes where I have to count and make sure that I have the amount on their inventory. Everyday though, I make sure that my team fills holes on walls with shoes or on tables. I also make the schedule every week on FLASH. There are some other products that the company wants every store to sell, which are insoles and cleaners. We also have to sign customers through the Winner Circle program. The company review on how much we sell and how many people we sign up so I have to be on top of my employees everyday to see where they are in the week. Sometimes my employees are lazy or do the job fast paced where they mess up. Sometimes they don't get tasks that I want done so I have to talk to them and find out why the tasks were not done. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers smile when I assist them.
Good job while in school
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 4, 2016
You must know the products you sell in and out so that the customers that come in can trust that you are going to advise them the best you can to buy what fits their needs.