Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search
Small Productive Shop Inside of Macys
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 15, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me signing into the register, making sure that all the shoes on the wall are put out nicely and in order. I would have to make sure that all the pricing is correct and there would be a list of markdowns where I would have to set the price of a shoe to its sale price if that was the case. I then would go to the back stock room and make sure that all is in order. The most enjoyable part of the job i would say had to be talking to the customers and having a conversation about the shoes they want to buy and just talking about shoes in general to make sure they walk out with the best pair.
Fun place to work at but no advances
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 23, 2016
It's a fun place to start working at looking for a beginner job but after being there for a little while you realize that the company doesn't have their workers in the best interest. Hours are not offered as needed and even being an exemplary employee you still have to compete for hours. Co-workers are usually friendly and get along well.
Pros
Discount on sneakers
Cons
Low pay, Lack of available hours, management is shaky
Okay workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglaston, NYApril 11, 2016
a typical day at work is reviewing the fulfillment sheet to sent our items out to customers. Then i have to open the register and then my day begins. Customers come in and i have to sell them things that interest there taste.
At the end of getting a sneaker they are satisfied with i have to sell them an accessory.
The management is ok. Im pretty left to do things on my own. i get along with all my co- workers because some of us communicate to help each other out. The hardest days of my job is cleaning the stock room after other employees dont return sneakers to the right area. the most enjoyable part about my job is making the customers happy
Pros
the customers are amazing
Cons
mangement isnt that great so it creates conflict
Fast Paced and Ongoing Customer Service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYApril 6, 2016
Monitoring staff & team performance
Exceeding customer expectations by ensuring World Class Service
Acting on customer feedback
Providing strategic direction during the implementation stages
Escalating promptly any issues that may impact operations

The most enjoyable part of the job for me to learn more about the sneaker business and learn about the vast number of sneakers and how every sneaker compliments every customer differently.

The hardest part about the job was taking care of customers in Finishline fashion while at the same time abiding to Macys' way of selling and how they take care of customer issues.
Productive and enjoyable environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work is fun, but yet still a hustle because you have to be able to sell products. The focus is not so much on selling shoes, you have to be able to add on products. People come in the store to buy shoes,we know that, so your not really "selling" it to them, you just grabbing it from the back. The goal is add in a shirt, hoodie, or some shoe cleaner and know your product. In all, its an enjoyable place of business.
Laid back, fun place to work. Ideal for college students or people trying to gain early sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed my time at finish line, but they don't compensate their employees for all that we did. I was fired upon being promoted to management because I had 2 misdemeanor charges from 5 years prior that every manager that I worked for knew about them. Management does the bet job that they can, corporate sucks.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No breaks
Great place to work, awesome place to learn!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 22, 2016
Worked here for over 3 years! Started off as a stock guy, came in to a mess of a stock room. Cleaned it up, organized it, and maintained it. Took me a little over 6 months to receive a promotion to an Assistant Manager. Loved dealing with costumers and associates,and doing all other job duties. Was offered my 3rd promotion after 2 years, turned it down because it required me to move. Just bought my first home so that was out of the question. Left because I was about to get married and wanted a full time position that would net me a steady scheduled.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 3, 2016
It's always slow so we don't get as much traffic, but it is still a fun environment to be in. There is always something to do. Managers and co workers are pretty cool. We all get a long. The hardest part of my job would be marking shoes and putting them on the wall or display tables.The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers and just having fun.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
dont really get a break, lack of hours every week
Part time job is fun but under paid
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2016
Finish Line is a good company for starting your first job, but if you want to be a full time employee,the company will make it difficult for you to advance. The paid is not that good starting at $8.50/hour and it will be a long time before you see a raise. Management wise I was lucky to work with a great team lead and store manager, but I have heard of not so lucky peers with irresponsible and hostile managers. My co-workers are great and make the shift fun and quick.Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers but you get used to it.So in a few words Finish Line is a so/so company.
Micro-Managing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 2, 2016
1- really fun, fast-paced, and meeting different people on daily basis. i have learned a lot about diversity and attitude as i interact with people on daily basis.

2- management is the downfall of this job, because there is a lot of micro-managing that leads to frustration most of the time.

3- co-workers are great and very nice, dependable and responsible.

4- i think the hardest part of the job is that you have to be on your feet for 8/h shift and really short breaks.

5- it's fun to be around people, help them with the information that you have, and also meeting different people on daily basis.
Pros
Free Items (seeding from different vendors).
Cons
compensation, and restrictions to certain benefits.
Great working environment!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 3, 2016
A typical day would be getting to work, saying hello to co-workers, clocking in and start greeting and helping costumers as pass by. While working at Finish Line, I've learned many things from how to work a register to building my confidence. My co-workers were awesome, they all had different personalities, they were so enjoyable to talk to and get along well. The hardest part of the job was one time I was managing a lot of costumers at once, but luckily the costumers were patience with me. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help out costumers and having the product they were looking for and the costumers thanking me for my help. Finish line is a great working environment!
one of the best jobs I've ever had
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2016
the best job i have had till the manager changed we were like each others second family old manager ryan made that store the best place to work for did a very great job in picking who worked there. once he left not only did the associates see and feel the change so did all the other macs employees, and sadly so did the customers. jon the district manager was also amazing he didn't let his title get to his head.
Sales associate with flexability
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 28, 2016
Helping people has always been a passion of mine and I love helping costumes find the right fit for their feet. My co-workers are always hard working and efferent and love the costumes as much as I do. Other than selling shoes we work hard as a team to up-sell products, keep our floor clean, put stock away, count inventory, and keep a smile on your faces!
When I started working there it was a great work experience, the only thing was the management.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 15, 2016
When I started working there in September of 2014 the work experience was great I got along with the first manager I worked with as well as my co workers I was making great sales, customers liked my service, and I always got things done when needed. Everything was going great until they kept switching out managers constantly. I've worked there for a year and five months and so far the management hasn't gotten any better.
Pros
Interact with customers, tend to their needs, and I get to learn of their different cultures.
Cons
Poor Management.
Customer Service Position
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJFebruary 15, 2016
I assisted customers with purchases. I learned how meet the differentiating needs of customers. Management held meetings at least three times a month to review goals. My co-workers were competitive in making sales which ultimately pushed employees to do their best. The hardest part of the job was selling accessories. The most enjoyable part of the job was that employees got together outside of work to go bowling.
Pros
discounts on products, benefits
Cons
not consistant in the amount of hours given to work per week, employees had little say in decision making
Great Job with opportunity for adavancment
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MIFebruary 5, 2016
a typical work day includes opening or closing facility, coaching and training associates, price changes, setting daily sales goals ,checking labor.
I learned to be a more understanding leader and also to lead by example.
the hardest pert of the job yet most crucial would be employee correction notices
The most enjoyable is the people I work with and the relaxed and fun environment
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
little pay
Productive and passionate workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 7, 2016
A typical day at Finish Line is filled with positivity. Everybody is encouraging including the management staff. Being part of management I have learned a lot of people skills. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing a customer walk out satisfied with the product we've sold to them.
Pros
Discounts on product
Cons
Low on staff
fun work place for someone young
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLMay 11, 2016
first job experience as a kid was very fun, listening to music while working, got customers involved in activities all while selling our products, managers were young also and made it fun but still professional environment.
Pros
fun, enjoyable for a young person, discounts
Cons
depending on store you could make more money
Very Productive and opportunites for advancment or unlimited
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2016
This is a job that I resigned from "ONLY" for the decisions of my family.. 10+ yrs evolved me a lot and gave me a ton of skills about the retail world. Experiences and knowledge that I will be able to cross over to any other experiences with customer service..
Pros
Customer service training
Cons
work life balance
Fun and easy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 23, 2016
My typical day while working at Finish Line centered around me operating the cash register, processing purchases and returns along with ordering merchandise for customers. When i wasn't busy i was keeping the store clean and checking inventory in the stock room.
Pros
Good Pay and experience
Cons
can be a little boring with no customers are around