Finish Line, Inc.

Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Well oragnized, and very well motivtated sales associates.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 28, 2015
Place with high expectations for retail, and very productive when it comes to selling sneakers. Learned how sell insoles and be able to distract customer from everything else, so focus would be on selling product. Co-workers very motivated always making sure whole store is in order and finding ways to produce high activity for retail.
Great social environment but not very lucritive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portage, MIMay 28, 2015
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: hourly pay was lacking
The people-friendly environment was nice but the hourly compensation, labor schedule, and mandatory hours we're ideal.
Fun and busy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
Number 1 store in sales in the company. Associates are very friendly and helped me from the very beginning. You feel a sense of team work every time you're on the sales floor. Good job if you are in into sneakers.
During my time there they were sneaky and less than honest.
Cashier (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 25, 2015
Finish Line is a n OK company to work for. Just like with most retail stores hours vary with seasons. During the period I worked there I had three different general managers.
Fun enivorment
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE AT FINISH LINE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2015
Working with the employees was great we all learned a lot from each other and the hardest thing was trying to find where the shoes were located at in the stock room.
can be a fun place to work
Store Manager-in-Training (Former Employee), Champaign, ILMay 23, 2015
It all depends on the store you are located and the management that will determine you future with the company they won't let you go over 40 hours which sucks
Fun
sales (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAMay 20, 2015
I would start my day off making sure we had the store nice and clean before we opened up. I learned to be more of a people person, and my co-workers was find to be around. I like working at Finish Line.
Friendly enviorment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 15, 2015
Cons: No free lunch
Fairly enjoyable work place
Excellent co-workers
Hardest part of the drive was drive thru times with big orders
Pay was not great
It would be a much better environment to work in if some of the managers didn't always take their jobs so serious as if it were the US military. Employees understand the importance of customers orders being served quickly and accurately but also understand that we are not robots but humans
Great Job to have
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYMay 14, 2015
This was my first retail job and it taught me to appreciate people. Most people think retail is about the merchandise, making sure that you sell the merchandise. That is true, but the biggest part are the people you are dealing with. You learn to read people quickly, not to react to people as quickly, and give people lots of kindness. You might not understand why they are giving you attitude, but it never helps to give attitude back. The management taught me how to make sales, do demos, and have fun doing it. The hardest part was selling the accessories because sneakers sell themselves for the most part. The most enjoyable part was reaching goals throughout the work day or seeing someone extremely satisfied walk out the doors. it gives your great satisfaction that you made someone happy.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brea, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: discounts on any product, set schedule, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks and lunches
on a typical day i would just be help customers with any question or concerns about any of the product. The co-workers are incredibly nice and help out alot. the hardest part would have to be when a new shipment of shoes comes in and having to re-organizing all the shoes in the backroom. The most enjoyable part would be selling product to the customer and knowing that they made the right choice in buying said item
It was not to much of a productive job
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Sometimes we got free lunches, Inside the mall with all the food places to choose to eat from
Cons: Very short breaks
A typical day at Finish Line was very interesting at times. While working at Finish Line I made commission so therefore if we got no business then our pay wasn't that great. Finish Line was a shoe store in the Valley Hills Mall in Hickory, North Carolina that didn't stay very busy until the holidays like Christmas, Valentines Day, or someone's birthday came around. Without busy it made things go by very slow especially the time. Throughout my typical workday at Finish Line, I worked as a sales associate who operated the register, helped customers as they needed, put up stock as well as put up shoe displays on the sales floor when missing, clean my workplace, and have great customer service no matter what. Management there was okay at times because while at work if the store manager was in a bad mood, we got it. Everyone could always tell if something was wrong most of the time. As a sales associate at Finish Line my co-workers were very encouraging. They would help you with just about anything you needed and encourage you to try to work hard toward your daily goals because they wanted to see you succeed. The only hard part of that job was when I first started the job learning how to find the different shoes and styles in the backroom. The more I worked the easier it got. In general I loved working for the Finish Line Company.
Productive And Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good Environment
Cons: Advancements Was Very Slim To None
Learned allot far as customer service skills and enjoyed all of the co-workers/management. A typical day at finish line was to make sure the customer needs are met and happy walking out the door.
best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houma, LAMay 12, 2015
Pros: enviornment
Cons: none
best job ever. i really enjoyed this job, people were very exciting. the customers were the best. the pay was also good but overall my best job
awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILMay 12, 2015
fun place to work you can work whatever hours you want. peope are great and its fast paced so shifts go by very quickly. apply here!
Great place to start your job history very educational on customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Downey, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
My first job I learned a lot from cleaning restrooms to taking orders to cooking. Learned how to deal with all types of customers all type of behaviors and moods. How to please a customer how to manage inventory how prices tend to fluctuate and customers don't like that very much. I learned how to be punctual and how important punctuality really is.
High Energy Work Place
Manager in Waiting (Current Employee), Elmhurst, NYMay 7, 2015
Driving Sales through the customer is day in and day out. I have learned the basic and core values of how to produce sales. Retail can be stressful, but the people the get hired at Finish Line are second to none.
Finishline
Operations Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: they don't follow labor laws
In charge of all operations, including hiring, training,inventory,schedules,p&l and labor control. New Plano setups, local marketing.
Slow and steady work place
Stock room (Former Employee), Duluth GaMay 5, 2015
Open/close the store.Which included slow mornings and steady nights.Retail environment with high volume on the weekends. learn how to run my own department (plus size) to draw people in to buy the new styles and love there body.
Productive and very friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 4, 2015
Finishline is a very good company to work for. Very friendly managers and staff. Hardest part about the job is probably shipping things to other stores but still fairley easy. Working for finishline is very enjoyable.
Fun and very interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Panorama Mall, Panorama cityMay 3, 2015
Pros: casual and fun, commission
Cons: random schedule, not enough hours provided for work
Provide premium customer service. Dealt with different kinds of customers. learned to be more patient and the science behind shoes. improved sales skills. competitive.

1 2 3 4 5

About Finish Line, Inc.

The Finish Line is racing for athletic footwear sales. The company sells performance and casual footwear and apparel through a – Read more

Finish Line, Inc. Salaries