Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 20, 2017
Enjoyed working for Finish Line and helping the customers. Relaxing atmosphere and competitive as well... trying to reach daily sales goals and encouraging employees to go the extra mile to always help the business grow. Inventory time was always stressful, but we made it as enjoyable as possible by working together as a team to get things done after hours. Customer service can be rewarding as well as difficult at times, but with the right staff backing you and supporting your every move, it is all worth while.
Pros
discounts, room for growth
Cons
no set schedule
Slow paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 19, 2017
Easy going work environment. Slow paced most of the time. Most times you’re mainly keeping watch of the station, keeping area clean for when customers come.
Great
Customer Service Supervisor, Direct to Consumer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2017
Finish Line is a really great place to start at the bottom and work your way up. If you are willing to be flexible you will be able to grow. You have to be able to work different hours and days weekly.
Fun easygoing place to work
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 14, 2017
Easy to learn how to be in a retail job atmosphere. Most of the management seemed stressed out from corporate all the time. Great Pay along with benefits and job security.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Job advancement takes forever
Finish line
Finish Line Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 12, 2017
It was an enjoyable experience working here. I enjoyed the management and friendly atmosphere. I would recommend this job to anyone needing one. They work with your schedule and the pay is good.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 11, 2017
Working at finish Line was a great experience, the people you work with are all very avid enthusiasts at what they do. When times are slow they all just talk and have a good time.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
Great for a teenager
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 10, 2017
If you're an adult I wouldn't recommend working here primarily because it isn't worth the time or the pay. Advancement in the business is very difficult and is based solely on performance of individual stores which can sometimes have nothing to do with the leadership of the manager and more to do with the store size, geography and inventory.
Competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 9, 2017
Finish Line is a great place to work but it can be stressful at times especially is you don't know much about shoes. Learning where things go in the stock room is by far the most difficult part.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work hours
People steal sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 6, 2017
SInce finsihline works off commission during the busier holidays is really the only time that helps your pay. Otherwise you just get minimum wage unless you're a manager. If you don't ring up your own sales, people take them to get more commission.
Fun workplace, met a lot of great people, learned a lot of great lessons.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 5, 2017
A typical day at Finish Line would be coming into a friendly workplace with a goal in mind. Depending on the shift you work depends on how the day will go. Usually a day shift it is pretty dead in the store other than a few customers every hour so mainly during the day shift your job is to prepare the store for the evening rush. And evening shift basically involves interacting with customers, trying to complete the days sales goals, and make the store profit. Management could have improved, most managers were down to earth but when it came to scheduling it was a mess. The hardest part of the job would be during the holiday season you would get big rushes all throughout the mall so being able to keep up with customers and make the daily sales goals because they were higher during the holiday season was challenging. The most enjoyable part was becoming close with employees, meeting a lot of knew people and learning different sales strategies. I learned a good bit working at this retail store. I improved a lot in my communication skills as well as learning how to close sales and influence people. Another Valuable skill I learned was upselling, because we were advertised as a shoe store selling shoes was the easy part, getting people to buy the apparel and other merchandise was the challenging part where your skills were put to the test.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Little commission
Loved the Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 4, 2017
When retail management was the direction I was perusing Finishline was the most enjoyable job I had ever had. Pay was great once you assumed Store Manager In Training. Everyday was different, customers became like friends when you had regulars.
Pros
everything, i loved the job
Cons
i mentioned the possibility of attending school and got demoted.
High paced work environment
General Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaSeptember 30, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Making sure inventory levels of footwear are in stock for customers. Train, motivate and hire new employees. Make sure Sales quotas are met.
Good place to work but low pay
Stock Lead/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Nice environment, nice people, very friendly understanding staff, flexibility with hours ,good discount, lots of product, newest sneakers, in the mall
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
Good transitional job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 26, 2017
Good place to learn the ins and outs of retail and retail management. Very fast paced and must be knowledgeable to be able to advance in that business
productive work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2017
Learning to rum machines, running the shipping line and learning different work sections that was available. Reading the shipping inventory and making sure all merchandise was correct and loaded on the right trailers.
I never worked at Finish line
Never worked before (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
I have never at Finish Line. I shop their however I never worked at any retail store. I applied to many so I can get the experince. I see a lot of peopel.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long
Fast pace and fun place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be helping customer and completing task that were delegated to you. I learned a lot about relationship building and also going above and beyond for the customers.
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 5, 2017
Finishline is a great company to work with, if you are a hard worker you can climb up the ladder. Finishline is a great place to be if you are looking to move forward with the company.
Pros
fast past, productive.
Cons
short breaks
Fun place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2017
I really like working at finishline it's was fun everyday and I love getting the store discount it came in handy for me while I was still attending high school
makes you less shy
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 4, 2017
Its okay working there, the management can use a lot of improvement. It helps you grow as a person if you're shy because the job requires a lot of speaking to new people all the time. The hours are very little most you're likely to work a day is 4 hours on average.