Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,397 reviews matching the search
No work/life balance.. Staffing issues
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 29, 2016
Work inside Finish Line Macys shop. Shops are single coverage and so you need to complete very many tasks in a short shift while providing premium customer service to customers. Staffing is always an issue. most people are not dependable and when management stays to cover shifts they get into trouble for going into overtime but they get in trouble for not "protecting their business" if they're not present or do not have some one present.
Pros
Employee Discount, Management Bonus Program
Cons
No work life balance, short breaks, staffing, not enough support from upper management
Horrible place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2017
The hours weren't the best. The managers and supervisors were manipulative and something like slave drivers. Most talked down to employees and if you weren't liked, you always a had a group ready to conspire against you to get you out. That went for managers and common employees. Rules changed daily for no reason more then to just change. Managers complain just to complain even on employees who had nothing to do with them or were apart of there areas. I'm glad I left and I pray I never have to go back.
Decent
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Because it's a department inside of Macy's, there are days that are completely dead and days where the sales come in greatly. I learn how to come up with multiple solutions to solve many difficulties, how to have excellent customer service and care, how to manage a the store by myself and still help customers in need and how to work well with others. Many of my co-workers get along very well. We help eachother with anything we can. Overall for the time I've been working for finishline it's been a great learning experience.
Decent
Sales Associate/Stocking (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 16, 2016
Typical day consisted of interacting with several people and constantly having to be attentive and active on the sales floor and stock room.
Learned how to throw sales pitches, although not very effective most of the time.
Management was jovial and easy-going majority of the time.
Co-Workers were very helpful and approachable. We helped each other whenever we needed help locating a pair of shoes in the stockroom or if we had an item in stock.
Handling and taking into account the several customers who requested my service. Majority of the time I was swamped with 2-4 customers at a time, leaving me to constantly be on the lookout for them and tend to their needs.
Interacting with numerous customers and co-workers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 18, 2016
Greet customers when they come in. Present knowledge of sales and product.

I really learned how to be a lot more patient with people.

Management is great. Knows how to give constructive criticism and very helpful with when asking for assistance.

Co-workers at the job are very helpful. Family-like bond at work.

Hardest part of the job is having to do multiple task at once too often.

Most enjoyable part is meeting new people and talking to people about the product we sell.
Pros
Great discount on products and work-life balance. Really works with your schedule
Cons
Understan that its part time so hour can get low at times.
Sales Rep Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 15, 2016
Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds. Landscape worker in charge of maintaining outdoor areas in a good condition. Mowing lawns, maintaining structures such as fences, and fountains. Keeping tress and flowerbed, applying artificial turf, and using powered hand equipment.
Fun workplace especially for those with interest in sports apparel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 21, 2016
Began working at Finish Line upon high school graduation as a Sales Associate before cross training to perform stock room duties. Throughout my time as an employee of Finish Line, I learned to step out of my comfort zone. The most difficult part of most sales positions is handling objections from customers. Being on the sales floor working in a commission based environment, I learned effective strategies for up-selling and offering substitutes. Identifying customer needs was an area of improvement. Quickness in the identification process allows for higher sales. As a sales associate, the job becomes far more easy after proper up-sell and customer need identification is consistently practiced.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work is typically a busy day. Customers may not becoming into the store, but we have to make sure all the walls look neat and all the prices are right. We use the store style summary to make sure that the prices marked correctly. We have to make sure that all the shoes are flagged in the stockroom, and if they're not we have to flag them.
Pros
organized, great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Fun helping customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80909January 5, 2017
reach set goals for the week and day, I learned how to manage with employees. my co workers were cooperative of helping me out. The hardest part was to focus on multiple things at once but I also had fun ding it. The most enjoyable part of the job was when customers came up to me an told me they counted on my service. Also was when people walked away with smiles on their faces from me helping them out.
Productive with the right staff
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CANovember 5, 2016
It is a good company to work for as long as you are on top of your team.
Upper management can be supportive when things aren't busy on their agenda. Most information is given out to employees to succession planning, The training structure that they have in place to teach employees the day to day routine with customer service is by far one of the best teaching structures.
Not only does the training teach you about job duties but can be taken into account in your personal life with regards to - time management, strategic thinking, and living a positive life style.
a wonderful place to worked
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2016
A typical day at work is making coffee for 4 kitchenettes and a cafeteria, cleaning 16 showers. and numerous amount of bathrooms. Not to mention a huge cross fit mat . I liked my co-workers because most were fit since we were a sports warehouse/ corporation. My. boss treated me well mainly because I was an excellent worker .My coworker who also is my friend, we often help each other with our responsibilities, not because we needed the help but because it was different experiences for us to b in each others space since we worked at two different ends of the building
Pros
the people
Cons
the people
Very productive, enjoyable work place, understanding co workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work was tagging shoes with prices, fulfilling online orders to be shipped out, making the sales goal everyday and self goals. I learned that everyone isn't easy to work with. We all have to adapt to each other. My manager was a very cool person. He was very easy to get alone with, but he still meant business. My co-workers were the world. The year and few months I was there we bonded. It was always love around us. The hardest part of my job was letting down customers when we didn't the product they wanted. I really enjoyed working around the holiday. That's when we got real busy and it's nothing like that busy atmosphere.
Pros
Employee discount
Finish Line IT department
Internship (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2016
Working with Finish Line was nothing very exciting. I learned what I could during my time with them, however, many individuals are consumed in their own work with very little free time. Also, working here taught me that I want to work for a company that is more ambitious and knows how to take the right risks. Unfortunately working with Finish Line is not what I expected it to be.
Cons
location, short lunch, bad ambiance, cold, and poor energy
Productive work place but requires long hours to meet goals
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 23, 2016
Working with this showed me the difference between how companies target marketing goals and consumers. I loved the fact that Finishline put customer satisfaction and security above all things. The company recognizes employees that go above and beyond but some of its district leaders are negative. The cons of this job are the pressures of making the daily objectives. One has to be prepared to work at a face paced environment for the entire shift without always getting a break. When shipments are coming in overload it requires additional hours at work until all orders are filled.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Long shifts
Productive Retail store for sporting goods with an abundance of supplies
Permanent stocker (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 2, 2016
Relaxed Environment with little to no distraction in the stock room. Able to work in peace and Get the job done in a timely manner. Coworkers are laid back. Learned various different brands of sneakers and superb organization skills
Pros
Friendly environment, Long breaks.
Cons
Short workshifts
Floor Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2016
The Finishline is a great place to work. I love the people that work their, including all the managers. Its up beat, fun, and fast pace. Distance does play a role, even though it is in Irvine. I loved being busy all the time, because it made the time go by fast and i enjoyed what I was doing, so it was a win, win situation.
Pros
discount, great management
Cons
short breaks, can be hard, minimum hours
picking
Warehouse Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work well first have a team meeting and get all of our supplies that was needed for that day like a supply belt , Rf scanner , box cutter , and a tape Gun . After that we would go to our terminal and get a paper to see which section we will work at and just go to our section and start picking the right quantity and the right quality for my product.
Pros
Free Barbecues, Discount on shoes
Cons
Healthcare
Very outgoing with managers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day at the Finish Line was to greet the customers and assist them in any way possible. I learned how to run the cash register and also package send sales. The managers made work very fun and easy to attend. I got very close with my co workers and that was the best part.
Pros
Very Fun
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice workplace with hard working coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 3, 2016
For the most part i liked Finish Line, it taught me a lot about how to sell and also how to have great customer service. The typical day consisted of greeting customers, helping them with their questions, and also going in the back and grabbing shoes or clothing for them. We would also have to be the cashier as the sales associate when the customers were ready to check out. Towards the end of the day we would pick up the store and make sure it was ready to go for the next day. This consisted of sweeping, mopping, stocking shoes and clothes onto shelves, etc. The most enjoyable part was how laid back it was and also the discount on shoes because i like to collect shoes. Id say the only things i didn't like were the pay and my hours, i got paid minimum wage and only got around 5 hours per week.
Fun But Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 7, 2016
Met lifetime friends and had fun doing my job. it is all about metrics so you really have to be on your numbers and exceed goal. district managers do pressure you a lot but once you get the hang of it its okay. since its a lease department in Macy's you pretty much have to do everything yourself like picking up your shipment while leaving your store alone and other little things. but you wont grow in a company like this. 3 years and i stayed as an associate and never got to be more, oh and no commission,
Pros
Fun Place to Work
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.