Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,229 reviews matching the search
Fast-paced and productive workplace
Sales- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2016
Finish Line was my first job experience and it has taught me how to work in a fast-paced workplace under pressure. There were never any dull moments.
Good atmosphere, no competition
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work lasts about 9 hours, the whole time is usually spent on the sales floor interacting with customers.
review
Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 22, 2016
hours were good, coworkers are friendly management was not very good. got to meet a lot of people and become friends with them but management would not like you for certain things and would not confront you they would cut hours instead
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJune 22, 2016
Finish Line is a great place to get your foot into a sneaker retailer. You are always learning about new products and the technology of new shoes. One of the only shoe stores that doesn't have a commission which is good for new people who are new to selling. Great place to start but would not recommend staying for long term.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
no commission
Great Company
Store Manager / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 21, 2016
Great company to work for if your fast paced and have a lot of energy, must be able to multi task and handle constructive criticism, management is better than other companies I've worked for a lot of structure and timelines. Peak holidays will be long and hard but outside of that good time management will determine your work experience
Pros
Great benefits/discounts one weekend off a month
Cons
Holiday Hours
Perfect place to network and meet new people.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed coming into work, interacting with the customers was one of the main reasons I started working there. If you stay focused and stick to your goals, Finish Line can open up an ample amount of doors for you.
Pros
Discount off shoes
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2016
Finishline was a good job for a person like myself who love sneakers and love knowing about sneakers. Help inform customers on certain sneakers.
Pros
Knownledge of sneakers
Cons
Short lunch
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 13, 2016
Fun environment, limited pay and job advancement opportunities. The company focuses on meeting their goals and often sets goals that are hard to measure up to. Company gets limited products and must do twice the work as their competitors to sell.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Limited Pay
very productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2016
very productive and fun environment and its a good start for people who are starting back working and its a really good job for people who love shoes and sports
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work. Managers go all the hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 10, 2016
Its a fun environment but the hours are low and there not a good chance for advancement. I've been there almost 2 years and they've only asked me once about moving up and that was when I first started.
Pros
Cool people.
Cons
Hours inconsistent.
Learning about each merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  9501 Arlington ExpwyJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work was trying to get the job done. What i learned about working here was having to open myself up instead of being shy. This job helped me interact with customers so i could better my communication skills. Management was great. They always made sure if you needed help, they were always following you to make sure you got what you needed. My Co-Workers were great. They helped me learn about each product more so i could get a better understanding of what was what. The hardest part of the job was trying to persuade customers into buying certain things that would be great for the merchandise. You worked for commission as well but if you lacked communication, it was hard to talk somebody into purchasing certain things. Overall, i had a great time working for this company. I had the chance to learn a little bit more about shoes and how to talk to customers.
Pros
Litttle hours
Cons
The shoes i could get on discount
fast pace and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 10, 2016
management is great
flexible hours
customers can be difficult
co-workers are fun to be around
many opportunities to advance in the company
Fun productive place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 7, 2016
Sell shoes demo, accessories products, provide world class customer service, and make sure stock room is looking nice and clean.
Pros
Employee discount and Comission
Cons
bad hours
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 6, 2016
Awesome place to work and you meet the best people and its nice to see the smile on peoples faces when you see how comfortable they are in a shoe that you helped them pick out.
Good company to work for...
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 6, 2016
I was a team lead at my local finish line Macy's. I really liked the job and I really feel it is a good company to work for if you are in a management position like I was. I recieved a very good hourly wage (above 12$/hr) and full benefits. I was coming from a hospitality background so I love working with people and making them happy. I loved learning about the Finish Line business and more about the different shoes and insoles that they sell. The only down fall like with any other job is other co workers. I had more issues with the Macy's co workers be catty. I had an employee for finish line who was just awful and felt she could do anything she wanted. Come in late, clock in and leave. Needless to say she lost her job. Other than that, this is a good company to work for IF you are seeking a management position. Sales associate positions are not worth wild, atleast not for me. I would still be there if medical issues did not arise. You get a 30% discount that starts on your first day but can only be used at the main Finish Line.
Fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 2, 2016
I loved working here, being able to make customers happy was something i will always enjoy. I just wish they had better management.
Excellent workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 2, 2016
I extremely enjoyed working in this establishment. The managers were exceptional and my co-workers were always easy to interact with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the sales floor.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Short breaks
great environment for retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 1, 2016
Customers come with expectations of buying shoes, but the company provides many products to go along with shoe inventory. It is always exciting because a variety of people shop with the company, so there is always something new to learn from someone.
A productive and decent workplace with variety of shoes
Greet incoming customers and assist in shoe sizing (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 1, 2016
Basically you greet the customer and engage into a little conversation with the customer to see what is best for them to wear. Make the customer happy and want to come back. Management is great and all about teamwork. The people you work with thus far are superb and are all team players. The hardest part would be to deal with a rude customer but as long as you have self-discipline then you have none to worry about. The most enjoyable part I'd have to say is working with the team.
Pros
shoes
Cons
not so many hours
job for college
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 1, 2016
this was a good job to have during college. There is room for growth and experience to be learned. a fun culture to be a part of.