Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,539 reviews matching the search
Fun with Shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 25, 2017
I personally love my job. You meet new people everyday, some good and some bad. You learn about shoe care and new releases before anyone else. My coworkers are all chill and funny. We don't take ourselves too seriously.Overall, it is a pretty cool job.
Not for the faint of heart.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 25, 2017
A typical day involves helping customers, setting up/breaking down sales and visuals per planner and training your team for success. The best part of my job is to see someone I trained either use the training on the sales floor and see success or watching someone I promoted get their own store. The hardest part is getting your entire team on the right page so that the store runs on all cylinders. More often than not it is the store managers responsibility to make sure EVERYTHING is taken care of. As a result of that you often end up spending many hours, including days off, making sure this happens.
Pros
The product, happy customers and a well trained team.
Cons
Hours, Holiday Schedule and finding and training a team
Productive, fun, free environment with great coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my short period of time at finish line. I met a lot of cool people, I met daily sale requirements, and I was able to be myself. My supervisors were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.
Wasn't great.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 24, 2017
Wasn't a great work expierence . I loved the people I met there but the employees did not work as a team and that just can't happen working in a store .
Pros
Great connections
Cons
Wasn't stable enough
Hi am Milton
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYApril 24, 2017
I would like to work for this company because you get benefits during you go to school then go to work people tell me that is better job than others jobs
Okay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 23, 2017
They dont focus on training their team to the full capabilities only focus on making sales, you learn everything on your own and through trial and error
Great job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 23, 2017
Love working there great experience great people to work with lovely environment had a fun time great management easy way to work your way up and gain a career path
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short stay
a decent company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCApril 21, 2017
it was an okay working enviorment. sometimes it can be fun whle working there. the pay was not good enough. and i felt like if you was not a manager that you would not get alot of hours.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay, hours
process
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2017
what i learned is shippimg shoes to store but we gotta k]make sure they in good shape . the most enjoyable part was get discounts for shoes and meeting new people
Pros
discounts
Cons
breaks
Productive workspace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 21, 2017
A typical work day included maintaining cleanliness of retail floor, organization of merchandise and changing floor displays. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers. The hardest part was never having merchandise in stock, making it hard to make a commission and help the customer find what they need.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Low stock of merchandise
Finish Line
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2017
Finish Line is a fun place to grow in and learn about retail. The company struggles to compete in terms of salary when it comes to other companies. Finish Line does create a great environment that helps you grow.
Fun and active place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2017
The job is very active and you have to have great customer services. I think this job will fit someone that loves shoes and love customer service. The hours are not the best.
Productive and helps build communication skills
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 20, 2017
Team oriented job. Helps in all aspects of the selling industry for examples, being able to meet sales quota, being able to recommend and sell new product. The hardest part of the job is selling accessories that went with the product. the culture is upbeat and fast paced, especially around the holidays.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of management
Good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2017
I love my job I have no issue with the job I will send every one I know to it. It a good first job start off with if you love shoes or have a passion for it
Great Staff
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 20, 2017
When I worked for this company there was a great team and great management. The customer service was always fantastic and they made every customer feel like family. Management really cared about their staff and took care of them in any way they could.
Great job to get customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 20, 2017
It can be scary for those who are shy but this job helps people to overcome being socially awkward! You encounter a diverse group of customers and it makes you a great sales associate overtime
Pros
Encounter diverse group of people
Cons
Inconsisten hours
Great Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2017
They have friendly co-workers and they management is cool. They work with your scheduling and they are understandable. They also have a diverse company.
Fun and productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2017
Best job I've had so far very flexible very reliable managers everyone around is very caring of each and every person very good pay and good benefits and discounts
Pros
Good pay good environment
Cons
N/A
It's a fun place to work, great management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 19, 2017
Great place to work, good management. I like to work there, good discounts for employees and you won't be super tired. You'll have time to talk with the customer
Exciting and fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2017
A typical day at Finish Line consisted of coming in and opening the store. I was taught how to balance registers, create displays, check inventory, and open the store properly. Towards the end of working there the management started to fall off. The hardest part of working at Finish Line would probably be trying to stay at the top of the sales chart.
Pros
Discounts, A.C., hours, people
Cons
no commision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.