Finish Line, Inc.

Finish Line, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 18, 2015
Day to day changes on some of the tasks that need to be done but it stays fairly consistant. From working here I learned how to work as a team with other cashiers and sales associated as well as the management team. Co-workers were easy to get along with and everyone did their job to the best of their ablility while also keeping things fun. The hardest part of the job came during Tax free weekend when there was a lot of people in the store and having to deal with computer issues while keeping everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of working there was meeting new people and being able to see the new shoes when they first came out before anyone else.
managers take advantage of their position in a bad way
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee), Aventura, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great discounts, you learn alot
Cons: they lowered all full time employees commission from 2% to 1% which is nothing, the managers steal time every shift.
This company doesn't focus on the happiness of their employees. Their only worried about sales and numbers. This company also make too many changes which frustrates the employees.
Upbeat and busy place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 11, 2015
Help customers
Fold clothes
Answer phone calls
Ship shoes out
Co-workers are so kind, helpful, and outgoing
I learned a lot about all different types of shoes.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping new customers.
Give to much freedom to employees that it hurts production
Direct to Consumer Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2015
Pros: shoe discount
Cons: CEO and management team need to be replaced
They do not back up supervisors. Policies are outdated. Out dated warehouse system, always breaking down. Bad job of giving proper tools to supervisors to get the job done.
Nice enviroment and a lot of friendly co workers.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 9, 2015
The store i Worked at was really slow most of the time. I learned how to push sales on certain products. I worked with friendly co workers
Good Starting work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NvApril 8, 2015
Very customer orientated.
Giving premium customer service
Good working environment
Dealing with difficult customers about exclusive sneakers
Selfish and Inconsiderate
Apparel Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood, IndianaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Discount on the newest items.
Cons: No leadership, selfishness, profit focused, and lack to teamwork environment.
I process the apparel and try to dictate work to other employees, but oddly they "forget" or have to "help a customer". Store managers are not helpful in anyway. The company in general could careless about the employee, but still wants them to make sales that day. Hardest part is managing a three person job into a one person job, which I do. Most enjoyable is caring for the customer making sure they get the best deal possible for a expensive item.
The culture of Finish Line is changing
Manager Trainer (Former Employee), Buford, GAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great annual meetings
Cons: Lossing sight of whats important.
Finish line use to be a company that cared for its associates and a company that had a great culture. However the culture of Finish Line has changed and is becoming a place that cares very little for it's people simple about the numbers.
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Branson, MOApril 6, 2015
no. i do not wish to disclose any information at this time. other than i would not promote this as a place to work.no. i do not wish to disclose any information at this time. other than i would not promote this as a place to work.no. i do not wish to disclose any information at this time. other than i would not promote this as a place to work.
Fast Paced Culture
Store Manager (Current Employee), MidwestApril 5, 2015
A very fast paced culture in which you must truly own your own development. Great for those who are passionate about retail sales. Very challenging work/life balance with nights and weekends and mandatory six day work weeks during peak seasons.
Nice and Easy
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJApril 4, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: on/off work hours
Not that bad of a job. Some days there's a lot to do, others there's not so much. Co-workers are great, and the environment is always friendly,
Productive work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Discounts, network
Cons: hours
Great fast pace job always keep you busy. I learned a lot of more interesting techniques to increase selling and communication with customers. My coworkers were well balance and we did a lot of friendly competitions to boast are productivity. The hardest part is going home.
Easy and very self dependent environment
Stocker (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 28, 2015
The amount of work required depends on how many shipments you would get. I learned how to check inventory and stock. The best part of the job is see the new gear before anyone else.
fun fun fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), the woodlands, txMarch 25, 2015
I loved working at finish line, but during the school year it gets slow because no one is buying "running shoes" and that's mostly what we had in that particular store. Yes, we got J's and Kd's but they were mostly, if not all, in men's size. Sucked for me because I have a kid's foot
Great retail experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 24, 2015
My co-workers were awesome, it felt like one big family. The commission was a great way to encourage good salesmanship.
Shoe store with a great work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 24, 2015
Being a sneaker head myself, I had an awesome time helping customers find a style of shoe for themselves or their kids. I learned how to categorize the stock room for deliveries. The management team they had in place was sub-par in my eyes, being that the number of hours were not equally distributed.
fun place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee), brooklyn park mnMarch 21, 2015
nice short-term job with good tips co-workers where nice as well as management min wage pay was most definitely the hardest part of staying
Great pay if you're a salesman
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muncy, PAMarch 19, 2015
I personally don't like pushing stuff on people, so I just made minimum. If you're a salesman, you will make more than minimum on commission.
Fun workplace with a lot of learning opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), maryville, TNMarch 19, 2015
I have learned how to balance management responsibilities with achieving company goals. I really enjoy interacting with customers and co-workers. My boss has taught me a lot about being a manager and ways to become even better.
Great Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Okemos, MIMarch 19, 2015
Finishline was a good learning experience for me, learning to sell a high volume of items to customers was a valuable skill because it required me to think differently about how I approach a sale.

1 2 3 4 5

About Finish Line, Inc.

The Finish Line is racing for athletic footwear sales. The company sells performance and casual footwear and apparel through a – Read more

Finish Line, Inc. Photos