Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search
great job for teenagers looking to advance in life
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2017
A typical day working here would be filled with customer service , and helping others. Kroger's offers bakery , deli, and many opportunities for advancement I would recommend this job to anyone.
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 28, 2017
Was an all around great place to work. The energy and atmosphere was welcoming. My coworkers were amazing to work with. Everybody was more like family to me at the establishment.
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 28, 2017
Started at finish line while still in high school. was the perfect job flexible hours so i could study and play sports. worked on commission so if i worked hard enough i could make what i wanted.
Fun Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 27, 2017
If you love shoes you will love working for this company. A day at work is never the same and the cowokers and management team always make it better. the only downside to this is that the inventory is never 100 percent because of how many shoes get ship to our store
Pros
No clock out for lunch
Cons
short breaks
Would never go back
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 27, 2017
The pay was horrible. The managers were hooking up with associates. That region management wise wasn't good. The store manager i had ended up quitting. Loved some of the people i met and worked with though.
Fun enviroment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 27, 2017
I learned a lot about shoe culture and the influence new trends have on the public view. It was pretty easy to understand certain customers likes and needs to give them the best merchandise available.
Cons
Sometimes no brreaks
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 27, 2017
selling, you had to upsale shoelaces, cleaners. If you did not meet the standards you were fired. I was fired through a text message stating that I did not meet standards when I was working 4 hours a week, during the slowest shopping hours.
Productive and fun environment
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 27, 2017
During my time at Finish Line I enjoyed a Product and fun environment,the people where great the customers were great and I had some of the greatest teammates anyone could have
Pros
Great lunche
Cons
Short breaks
Entry-level
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 26, 2017
I've work at this company for longer than I should've, no one to blame but myself. Like with every company there are good managers, and bad ones. Finish Line loves to micromanage everything except the ethics in their stores. There is a lot of dishonesty, and backdoor selling that happens when exclusive sneakers are set to release, often employees miss out.

If you love sneakers this place is for you, set a goal yourself, and focus on getting your experience and get OUT.
The quality of life is terrible, you have no time for a personal life, and the pay doesn't make up for it. I understand mall hours aren't the best, but that doesn't mean the scheduling can't be fair.
Pros
sneaker discount, family vibe, dealing with a variety of customers keeps you busy
Cons
poor pay, dishonesty, poor quailty of life, no breaks
Fun work environment, try to stay targeted with its youth audience.
Sales Associate & Assistant/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
Finish Line is a fun, energetic environment with plenty room for growth. I was hired as a sales associate in September 2014 barely working 2 days a week and within 6 months was up for a promotion; now I'm currently a manager at the top store in the company. If you enjoy working retail, they are definitely a good company that also provides benefits to its employees.
nice expierence
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 26, 2017
its a fun place to interact with customers and shoes. but the only problem is the manger doesn't work with school schedule if you are going to school and trying to work.
I have one of the best managers and the company itself is a fun and amazing company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 25, 2017
A very friendly environment.
Always opportunities to move up in position.
Amazing service.
Great work, and life communication.
I help manage everything at work.Organize, clean, inventory control, sale, provide excellent customer service, ship out product, stock, and open and close the store.
Long nights
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2017
It was a fun job but I feel like it could of been organized a lot more I was going to school and work and was coming home at 1 in the morning when I was scheduled until 7.
Cons
Health care, long nights
Great job
Floater, Picker and packer, = (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2017
This job offers a lot of overtime and its very good pay also the job is easy and the employee's are great easy to get along with and so motivating to do more
Demanding requirements depending on which store you work at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 23, 2017
Each store has different levels of expectations depending on the store manager. I've worked with no expectation to the other extreme of doing absolutely everything.
Very upbeat work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 23, 2017
If you want a job that offers great growth opportunity as well as a great environment this is the place to be. With the people and competitive atmosphere its impossible not to be occupied doing something productive
Pros
Very productive
Cons
Folding clothes is time consuming
Very cool work environment just not enough training in certain areas
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 21, 2017
Coworkers was perfect definitely paved the way just not enough hours. Wasn't able to cross train to other different criteria but overall good workplace
Pros
Inside of mall
Cons
Short breaks
I loved working here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 17, 2017
I took a chance and left for a "better opportunity" but I wish I hadn't the people were like family and the company had a bunch of good laughs together. he company is successful and will continue to be successful.
Pros
Shoe discount
Cons
Send Sales
TeamWork
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2017
Working in FinishLine was a learning experience. I learned communication skills and working in a fast paced environment. Very simple job! Great vibes and great company!
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
Short Breaks
very diverse workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 14, 2017
I really love working at finishline, because it showed me how to be patient with customers. I also learned how to count and keep record of the register. Have to be able to multitask

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.